DagenhamDave
Forza
Valkyrja
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ibra vs Rooney - Page 2 Empty Re: Ibra vs Rooney

Post by TrezeGent Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am

A very difficult pick. Both are amazing. Both are talented and clinical. Both create, both finish, both are game changers.

As great as Ibra is, I'd rather have Rooney in my team honestly.

TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 pm

:bow: woulda been an amazing goal had he scored
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

His technique is just Mad

On topic i agree with Jibers, he basically said everything for me so cheers mate Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Berbatov > Roonay

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 pm

IBRA WITHOUT A DOUBT!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by gorooney Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm

rooney is more complete and much better. Rooney is a better playmaker. Ibra is better in the air but Rooney is right there with him. Rooney is also a slightly better dribbler

gorooney
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Zlatan is better than Rooney, but that doesn't mean that Rooney isn't a world class striker; it's just that Ibra is the best.He is more naturally gifted, but Rooney works harder and he is a very intelligent player.Personally, i like both of them.It's not a big difference of value, they are somewhere at the same level, but Ibra can do more on the pitch without any help from his teammates; Rooney is more with team-play and he needs his teammates more than Zlatan.

Both of them have amazing offensive abilities.We saw them scoring many goals from 20 yards or more, bicyle kicks, free kicks, headers, with the heel, lobs.

They also have fabulous vision.Like 'gorooney' said, Wazza is a better playmaker, but Ibra is better at finishing.

Anyway, they will remain two of the best strikers in the history of football.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Ibra. Though Rooney has a better work rate and is more clutch in big games, there's no better striker in this world than Ibra, bar Messi and Ronaldo.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Ibra is miles ahead of rooney in everything..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:40 pm

none :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

gorooney wrote:rooney is more complete and much better. Rooney is a better playmaker. Ibra is better in the air but Rooney is right there with him. Rooney is also a slightly better dribbler

rofl I think you're a troll and not actually a 13 year old Rooney fan but if you are then this has made my day.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

gorooney wrote:rooney is more complete and much better. Rooney is a better playmaker. Ibra is better in the air but Rooney is right there with him. Rooney is also a slightly better dribbler
Heh that's too funny Very Happy

I honestly don't like Ibra but he is lightyears ahead of Rooney in almost everything but workrate, as others said. He is a real game changer and one of the best strikers out there today. Just look at his impact on most of the teams he has played for.

To be honest, I don't even consider Rooney a top striker, he is good but nothing more.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 pm

dronte wrote:To be honest, I don't even consider Rooney a top striker, he is good but nothing more.

I hope you are trolling Laughing he is known in England for being the most talented english player in the last decades (with Owen).

Rooney isn't a top striker?So all his fabulous goals were by mistake?

I think it's enough.

And of course, Rooney isn't only a striker, he also becomes playmaker many times.

Tell me 5 more complete strikers.

Last edited by vlafy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Ibrahimovic wins this for me easily. I have neevr understood the word complete as I feel that you need a particular skill set to achieve a particular job. I have been watching Ibrahimovic since he was out our club and I will say that he is just a level below the likes of Messi and Iniesta.

From what I have seen of Rooney recently, frankly, I am quite surprised people even include his name in the talk of best players in the world. I think he is quite average, to be brutally honest.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Rooney is overrated and underrated at the same time imo,its hard to rate him.

Last edited by Ganso on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Rooney's overrated imo. I'm not fan of targetmen, however Ibra is more than one and better than Rooney.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 pm

I am sure you haven't seen Rooney playing in more than 3 games.Anyway, he was Player of the Year in EPL in 2010, won UCL and played 2 more finals.He scored 182 goals for Man UTD and helped at winning many trophies ( 4 EPL and other Domestic cups & Community Shields) by being a very important piece for Alex Ferguson.He scored fabulous goals and now he is mediocre?People include him in the talk of best players in the world because he is one of them.Who won so much trophies like him?Aguero?Villa?Drogba?Falcao?Suarez?Pato?

Ibrahimovic is the best in the world, but talking about Rooney like this...Those days people praise Llorente, Benzema, Higuain and other pansies who didn't even had performances near Rooney's.

Ibra won the league every year with the team he was playing for (except last season).

It's your opinion and i respect it, but it's not making any sense.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:13 am

vlafy wrote:I am sure you haven't seen Rooney playing in more than 3 games.Anyway, he was Player of the Year in EPL in 2010, won UCL and played 2 more finals.He scored 182 goals for Man UTD and helped at winning many trophies ( 4 EPL and other Domestic cups & Community Shields) by being a very important piece for Alex Ferguson.He scored fabulous goals and now he is mediocre?People include him in the talk of best players in the world because he is one of them.Who won so much trophies like him?Aguero?Villa?Drogba?Falcao?Suarez?Pato?

Ibrahimovic is the best in the world, but talking about Rooney like this...Those days people praise Llorente, Benzema, Higuain and other pansies who didn't even had performances near Rooney's.

Ibra won the league every year with the team he was playing for (except last season).

We aren't talking about achievments, we are talking about ability. And based on ability, he is nowhere near Benzema, Aguero or Falcao, let alone Ibra.

Villa ? He won CL, WC, Euro and La Liga... What did Rooney achieve with England ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 am

Kizu wrote:
vlafy wrote:I am sure you haven't seen Rooney playing in more than 3 games.Anyway, he was Player of the Year in EPL in 2010, won UCL and played 2 more finals.He scored 182 goals for Man UTD and helped at winning many trophies ( 4 EPL and other Domestic cups & Community Shields) by being a very important piece for Alex Ferguson.He scored fabulous goals and now he is mediocre?People include him in the talk of best players in the world because he is one of them.Who won so much trophies like him?Aguero?Villa?Drogba?Falcao?Suarez?Pato?

We aren't talking about achievments, we are talking about ability. And based on ability, he is nowhere near Benzema, Aguero or Falcao, let alone Ibra.

Villa ? He won CL, WC, Euro and La Liga... What did Rooney achieve with England ?

Ok, Villa may be somwhere at the same level with Rooney.But Benzema, Aguero and Falcao still have to porve many before being put near Rooney.They are far behind.They must score many goals in many important games and then we should talk again, especially when it comes to Benzema...

Also i put some videos in this thread with Rooney, they were useless.

Let me say it in another way: Rooney can't be treated like a mediocre striker, it is a big arrogance :facepalm: .It's impossible, how can you treat and define a player with Rooney's abilites mediocre?Watch his goals again, his volley's, his bicyle kicks, his lobs and distance shots... :bow:

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 am

Kizu wrote:

The ability is sh*t without hard work, great phisical condition and self-confidence(look at ronaldinho now)... He's still more talented than falcao

The question of this thread it's stupid... There's no "more complete".. it's either complete or not complete... it's a pleonasm

Ibrahimovic and Rooney are two of the best strikers in the world because their teams always had great expectations from them, and they rarely failed to succeed ... The problem here on goal-legacy is that people always judge on the momentum.. Rooney doesn't play few weeks and he is trashed..
Everyone here forgot pirlo (except serie a fans) before the euros.. And btw, Higuain vs Rooney is a big insult on the man utd's striker.. he's miles ahead of higuain at everything which implies football
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:44 am

tuddor wrote:The problem here on goal-legacy is that people always judge on the momentum.. Rooney doesn't play few weeks and he is trashed..
Everyone here forgot pirlo (except serie a fans) before the euros..

Very well said.Suddenly, Pirlo is like a god on GL, but i saw him playing like this for 10 years now.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2