Kick
Raptorgunner
the xcx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 pm

He doesn't suck. He's a teenager adapting to another country, language, culture, etc. The next season he'll start making way to replace Casillas.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season?

Post by aleumdance Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

And LOL at the Arsenal fans claiming Arteta is better then Yaya, is that supposed to be a joke?

TASK FOR YOU

when arsenal plays their next game

"WATCH EVERY THING ARTETA IS DOING, WATCH ITTTT"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 pm

He's the weakest big goalkeeper i've ever seen in my life. Commands his 18 yard box with all the authority of Long John Silver's parrot
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Thou shalt not derail a thread
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:11 pm

It's because La Liga is obviously better than the donkey lea... *sees RGs comment*

Oh, nothing.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:La Liga rejects making Toure, Silva and Mata look like godly midfielders in EPL, meanwhile Cesc comes back to La Liga and looks ordinary. Is anyone surprised? Because I'm not... trololoololol

This is seriously why I just can't stand this forum sometimes, there is a thread about Yaya and how good he's been and so far all we get from it is that Cabaye, Arteta, Ramires, Denilson, Gago (isn't in the EPL), are better then him.

Dnmac, I don't think any of them were serious comments.

Really, you don't think so huh? Feast your eyes on these comments from Aleumdance and Iceman.

"TASK FOR YOU

when arsenal plays their next game

"WATCH EVERY THING ARTETA IS DOING, WATCH ITTTT""
-Aleumdance

I think Arteta has been the best CM, but I don't have the statistics to back it up.
-Iceman

Oh and by the way still not 1 positive thing said about Yaya in the "Yaya thread" except for XCX.

I mean people in this forum really do think Arteta is better then Yaya. If you think there joking Barrilete then I just don't know what to tell you.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Okay, the Arteta ones might've been serious (90% of them by Arsenal fans, too...) but Cabaye, Ramires, Denilson and Gago? Also I suspect that some people don't consider him the "best CM" because they still think of him as a DM.

Either way Yaya is by far the best CM in the league. He's the only transfer I wish we had not sold at Barca, simply a beast.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Okay, the Arteta ones might've been serious (90% of them by Arsenal fans, too...) but Cabaye, Ramires, Denilson and Gago? Also I suspect that some people don't consider him the "best CM" because they still think of him as a DM.

Either way Yaya is by far the best CM in the league. He's the only transfer I wish we had not sold at Barca, simply a beast.

I'm on the same page with you there, I think we had more steel in our team with Yaya in it and I'm in the minority of Barca fans who think he's better then Busquets for us as he does more and can play more positions plus helps ALOT in set pieces, not to mention in La Liga players are just scared of him, he looks so big out there he just toss' players around.

As for the CM/DM thing if you say he's the best DM on here people will say he's not a DM but Alonso and Bastian are. It's just a way to take shots at him and not give him his due.

Basically people want to make him into a player with out a position so they can just pretend player x on there team is better because Yaya doesn't play the same position.

If he scores or assists important goals in the game someone on here will say he was poor in his DM duties and people got behind him and if he boss' the midfield and stops the other team from putting together any semblance of an attack they will say he was invisible all game. It's the way it is on here hence my first post.

I will say it again, I don't know what Yaya has done to the posters on this forum but they will not say anything nice about him pretty much ever. He is one of the most neutral and non controversial players ever so I really don't know why people hate on him.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Okay, the Arteta ones might've been serious (90% of them by Arsenal fans, too...) but Cabaye, Ramires, Denilson and Gago? Also I suspect that some people don't consider him the "best CM" because they still think of him as a DM.

Nay

I dont consider him the best because his technical skills are certainly inferior to those of Arteta, his tactical discipline is often lacking and when City lose the ball (especially in the 2nd half) he is lazier than the furniture line that prides itself on being lazy...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 am

Hold on LOL Cabaye is better than Yaya is seen as some sort of joke to you?

I would discuss it with you, but as seeing as iam drunk off my ass i refuse....

Cabaye > Yyaya :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 am

Getting tired of Dnmac thinking he's better than everyone for wanting to praise ex-La Liga players :facepalm:

Title of thread : "Yaya Toure best CM in the EPL?"
If we believe there is another candidate that is better than him as CM, should he not be mentioned? If this is a thread about the best CM, we shouldn't all just start licking Toure's a** you know, we can nominate other players which is what some, including myself, have done. The thread at the start gave some statistics and I said that I believe Arteta's statistics may be better but I do not have them at the moment, but I truly believe that Arteta has been better than Toure this season. Did I praise Arteta? No. Did I praise Toure? No. This thread was meant to find the best CM in the EPL, and why should we so blatantly disregard all other options because you have a soft spot for ex-La Liga players and believe they should be praised to no end?

You have a serious problem of generalizing. You see some people say Toure did really well, and then see some OTHER people say that he is neglecting his defensive duties and bam, you make them all into this one entity you call "people" or "posters", and then start ranting like a woman who is PMSing (are you, by the way? It's totally fine, I'd just like to know) and going on and on about how the "people" contradict themselves and never praise Yaya.

So you basically come in, misunderstand the whole topic (All you need to do is read the title, it's not so hard...is it?) and start ranting about us not doing a Szczesny and kissing Yaya's feet. Nobody doubted his quality, nobody even criticized him, but some other people nominate other CMs who may be considered better than Yaya. It's not wrong, it's not forbidden...it's to be expected.

And if you think Arteta is so far behind Toure, this just shows how ignorant (and I use this term very loosely) you are about the players in the EPL. Your arrogance does you no favors either, especially when you're not "right".
I'm not saying Arteta is better, and I'm not saying he is worse. I am saying there is nothing wrong with mentioning a couple of players who may be better than Yaya (And yes, there are players that can be better than this godly figure that you worship that is called Yaya Toure).
Credit to Toure, but credit to some of the other players as well. You can either analyze properly or gtfo of the thread. You want to have a proper debate, then lets do that, but you need to understand that you CAN be wrong and that you are probably dumber than several posters here, so get off your high horse and post properly, or don't post at all. Thank you.

bhends wrote:

Nay

I dont consider him the best because his technical skills are certainly inferior to those of Arteta, his tactical discipline is often lacking and when City lose the ball (especially in the 2nd half) he is lazier than the furniture line that prides itself on being lazy...

Bhends :bow:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Asked @MikelArteta08 on twitter to compare Yaya to Toure statistically :

Arteta vs Y Toure: Tackles 38 (89% success rate) v 32 (81%), Interceptions 35 v 24, Passes 1318 (90%) v 1552 (90%), Chances Created 38 v 28.

So Arteta makes more tackles with a higher success rate than Yaya, makes more interceptions than Yaya, same passing accuracy as Yaya and creates more chances than Yaya as well.

If you think Yaya has been so great, then what do you think of Arteta? You thought he wasn't even worth mentioning in the thread...well, that sums up your knowledge about the EPL players.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:48 pm

i know its offtopic but:

18 - David de Gea has made a save every 18 minutes in the Premier League, more regularly than any other goalkeeper. Occupied

is he the best Keeper in PL based on that????

no!! simply stats dont usually tell the full story, Arsenal play posession while City play direct
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Is that why City average more possession than us ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i know its offtopic but:

18 - David de Gea has made a save every 18 minutes in the Premier League, more regularly than any other goalkeeper. Occupied

no!! simply stats dont usually tell the full story, Arsenal play posession while City play direct

Is that why Toure has more passes than Arteta? Because they play more direct? That's just rubbish...

Also, statistics were brought up at the very start of the thread, and I only used them to prove that Arteta is indeed worthy of being mentioned here if Toure is. A complete set of statistics can show you a more complete picture, and I'm not saying I provided all of the statistics available, but I provided a lot more.

If we can't use statistics, and you lot obviously don't watch the EPL closely enough to see how good Arteta is, then how do you propose we reach a conclusion?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

no!!! where did you get that from

Arsenal tops the EPL in Posession
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:no!!! where did you get that from

This is only as recent as of the last matchday. Prior to that, City were topping the possession table in the EPL for the majority of the half-season. Go check it out for yourself. The difference between the two teams is not big AT ALL, so if you claim that Arsenal play possession football, then so do City in which case you're already weak argument becomes even weaker.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Iceman wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i know its offtopic but:

Is that why Toure has more passes than Arteta? Because they play more direct? That's just rubbish...

Also, statistics were brought up at the very start of the thread, and I only used them to prove that Arteta is indeed worthy of being mentioned here if Toure is. A complete set of statistics can show you a more complete picture, and I'm not saying I provided all of the statistics available, but I provided a lot more.

If we can't use statistics, and you lot obviously don't watch the EPL closely enough to see how good Arteta is, then how do you propose we reach a conclusion?

and arsenal have obviously been good from the start of the season ey?? that early form blitz just never happen.... yh ok lets just ignore that shall we
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:09 pm

But Arteta only came to Arsenal AFTER our horrible start. Not to mention, are we only going to pick out the "good" matches of teams? So every match we lost can be discarded and we can only take the good performances? No, the statistics are based on all the highs and lows, and that's only fair.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Off topic: Di Maria is crap. The fact that he has a lot of assists and goals doesn't mean anything, because statistics don't matter. He's a horrible football player, and there is no way that you can show me otherwise. He is only good because the players around him make him look good.

Problem?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Iceman wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:no!!! where did you get that from

This is only as recent as of the last matchday. Prior to that, City were topping the possession table in the EPL for the majority of the half-season. Go check it out for yourself. The difference between the two teams is not big AT ALL, so if you claim that Arsenal play possession football, then so do City in which case you're already weak argument becomes even weaker.

Terry makes alot of passes... does that mean chelsea play posession..... NO

and go on show me where where they lead... you obviously know i shut you up

heck Song is more attack minded ffs... forget Yaya
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Iceman wrote:But Arteta only came to Arsenal AFTER our horrible start. Not to mention, are we only going to pick out the "good" matches of teams? So every match we lost can be discarded and we can only take the good performances? No, the statistics are based on all the highs and lows, and that's only fair.

you only started playing good recently ffs

EDIT: and if Arteta came that late doesnt that explain why he has less passes that Yaya even more

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Dnmac is quite right actually. Not many people talk about him as one of the best players currently. People are quick to dismiss him when such a topic is discussed. So, in that sense, Dnmac is legitimate in his complaint!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Iceman wrote:Off topic: Di Maria is crap. The fact that he has a lot of assists and goals doesn't mean anything, because statistics don't matter. He's a horrible football player, and there is no way that you can show me otherwise. He is only good because the players around him make him look good.

Problem?

where did i say Arteta is horrible and show me how many asissts Arteta has got 1 yes just one and 3 goals.... Song has 1 goal and 5 asissts playing as a DM.....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm sorry Hala, but any argument you make using statistics is invalid because you said "no!! simply stats dont usually tell the full story" so you cannot use them in your arguments.

@Kiranr ... Are you serious? Most EPL fans consider Yaya Toure to be bordering on WC or even WC already. On twitter, when the statistics showed that Arteta has been a bit better, some people used the hashtag #WorldClass, which only shows that Yaya Toure is that good.

EPL fans in general do not do a wank fest over players (Unless they are English, and even that trend has died down). Tell me, who are the players that EPL fans immortalize? Not many...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Arteta is a deep lying playmaker Hala. Song hasn't been playing DM this season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next