Albiceleste
Hamdyman
eelir
BarcaKizz
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
12 posters

Go down

Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona Empty Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

~ FCBarcelona Squad vs Osausna [ Thursday @ 10PM Barcelona Time | +1 GMT]

Alves (precaution due to some discomfort), Iniesta (technical decision) and Maxwell [to PSG] aren't in the squad for Osasuna. Cuenca, Montoya and Sergi Roberto are called up.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/list-of-18-without-iniesta-alves-and-maxwell
================

Line-up Predictions:

Pinto
Montoya Masche Fontas Adriano
Xavi Sergio Thiago
Cuenca Messi Pedro

================

~ STATS:

- 1st leg result: FCBarcelona 4 - 0 Osasuna.

- In #Copa del Rey (History): Osasuna played 5 ties vs #FCBarcelona, won just once )on penalties).

- Osasuna needs to win by minimum 4 goals vs #FCBarcelona to qualify [ Last time Barca lost by 4 goals; vs. Getafe 2007 #Copa Semi |0-4].
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona Empty Re: Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:28 am

Given that we won the first match by a 4 goal margin.... what's stopping us from fielding an entire Barca B side?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona Empty Re: Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Given that we won the first match by a 4 goal margin.... what's stopping us from fielding an entire Barca B side?

I agree...

Pinto
Montoya - Mascherano - Fontas - Adriano
Roberto - JDS - Thiago
Cuenca - Messi -Pedro
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 am

There is a limit to how many reserve players can be at the pitch in a game.

I think we should have at least 8 or 9 first team players in the pitch in Copa matches.

Can someone please confirm this?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Relatively easy task but nonetheless out of percussion i think we should have some first team players... just of few seasons ago Getafi hurt us in CDR when we thought were already through.. take it easy !

Also i kind of wonder... will pep play Pinto against Madrid ?.. i rather Pinto starts a few LA Liga matches, even big ones, against Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao... but not against Madrid again to be safer. Lets not facilitate this title for them when they are ahead of us in another one..
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 pm

there is a slight risk the game could be postponed due to the thick fog in Pamplona. Weird huh?

EDIT:
Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona 1326324823_extras_noticia_foton_7_1
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow haha, that's some freakish fog

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Bad news for Fontas. Poor guy had not much playing time, and now looks like his season is over Sad
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Was not able to catch the match. Goal.com has Messi as the flop of the match, accurate?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Messi played? lol

I was watching up untill Alexi scored, then fell asleep.

I dont see how its possible, even if he came on, to be flop of the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi played? lol

I was watching up untill Alexi scored, then fell asleep.

I dont see how its possible, even if he came on, to be flop of the game.
He wasn't.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:15 am

He played like 30 minutes, made dangerous runs and passes as usual and assisted, although he did get dispossessed on a few occasions hence the flop shouts most likely

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:23 am

We barely did anything from before I feel asleep.

Most of our attacks were from wide rather then through the middle and our possession wasnt deep in their half, we didnt push them back so well.

If Messi came on and started playing passes in the middle, regardless of if he turned the ball over or not, it must of been an improvement over what I saw prior to that.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 am

What injury did Fontas take? I knew it was bad as soon as I saw he was clutching his knee and took an awkward fall.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:57 am

"On first examination it appears that Andreu Fontàs has injured his cruciate ligaments in his right knee - more tests will be done" #fcblive
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 am

fcblive @FCB_LJ Live
Official: Fontas has broken a ligament in his right knee and will undergo a surgery in the coming days.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 am

Damn, what shame, poor guy, good luck to Fontas and I hope he recovers quickly!

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 am

Poor Fontas. First he gets "Pep's shunning" treatment, now when he plays gets a severe injury. Hope he recovers well and can continue improving as a player afterwards. Next season.

On the match, first half performance was awful and boring. In the second half we were much better, even before Messi came in. When Messi came in it was enough to turn the game around. Very well taken goal from Sergi Roberto who played as a fake 9 in the second half and did well.

Also sad to see Pedro injured. He was playing very well in the first half. The man who cannot drible, dribled 4-5 times and set up numerous counterattacks, but Cuenca and Sanchez were hopeless in the first half.
According to MD, it's a very minor injury and he could be back in 10 days, missing the league game and possibly the Cup game.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am

wow both teams are full of injuries lol

Anyways speedy recovery for Fontas.....a pity he got injured when he got his chance to shine...reminds me of Canales
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

Anims Fonti!!! Damn I really like Fontas and I see that he's obviously a good guy because he's already become close friends with the Moc Moc trio and is well loved in the squad. I hate Pep's shunning treatment and I don't think its warranted for Fontas... He has shown a lot of potential and is perfect for a 3 man defence. He's also a very good defensive mid, and I'd prefer him there to Keita and Mascherano actually. He has a lot more DNA for that position.

I hope both him and Afellay can come back and fight their way into this team because they have had horrible luck. Anims Fonti!!!

And just sayin'.... I told you all so. Right again.

Copa del Rey |Round 16 - 2nd leg: Osasuna vs FCBarcelona 2299541292
:bow::bow::bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am

Some years ago I coached a U-14 football team. A friend of mine, who is also a football fan and ex-player, always recommended me that in order to impose myself I should pick up one kid, whoever, and shun him for the first day. Very Happy
Treat him badly, not let him play much, punish him for any small misbehaviour, etc. He said that this esnures a good behaviour of the rest of the players. Very Happy:D

I never used this technique, because they are just amateur kids, but I feel that Guardiola took a cue from my friend. In 2008/09 he threw the "shunning treatment" on Caceres, in 09/10 on Bojan, Henry and Chikitinsky, in 10/11 on Bojan and Milito. It worked well for him, hehe. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 am

Another bad game bad Pedro, a lot of turnovers (11), mediocre by Sanchez, at least he scored and another injuries. Terrible first half, decent second, Messi shouldn't play, unnecessary appearance for him. Boring game overall.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:18 am

It was Messi's appearance that changed the game. Even though it was unneccessary, it showed how much an impact he has in this Barcelona squad.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down