Quinten Metsys
44 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:20 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:So Bayern apparently sign Shaqiri for £9.1m.....

Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Clubber Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876

Why Wenger why?

Wenger after the Germann guy instead :coffee:

Who? Podolski or Mario goetze?

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 4082078705 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876

Why Wenger why?

Wenger after the Germann guy instead Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2859867778

Thomas Eisfeld. Duh.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Clubber Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876

Why Wenger why?

Wenger after the Germann guy instead :coffee:

Thomas Eisfeld. Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 Troll-troll-face-l_large

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 4082078705 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876 Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2276801876

Why Wenger why?

Wenger after the Germann guy instead Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2859867778

Thomas Eisfeld. Duh.

F**K!! Synchronised posting again!! :O

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm

New post guys, feel free to read, if you want/have time. Wink :coffee:

Pardew reaches new heights on Tyneside http://bit.ly/yygQfz

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has hailed the service coming from Theo Walcott.

Walcott has gone through a lean spell of form but was back with a bang as he provided three assists in the thumping win over Blackburn.

But Van Persie said: “I honestly love him. I don’t understand the ­criticism.

“He was sharp against ­Blackburn, he was playing fantastically and, like anyone, he misses chances. But I miss chances. Ronaldo does, Messi does. It’s life.

“Sometimes I feel that people are a bit harsh on him. I don’t know why. If you look at his assists rate then it is unbelievable. And he will score. Trust me, he will score. He will get 20 goals at least every season. You will see. He will, have faith in him.

“He has given me so many assists. And for me, if you give an assist then it is worth a goal, especially if you give a great assist. It is as important as scoring a goal.

“He gave me two simple tap-ins. That makes it more his goal than my goal and he has given me many assists.”

pffff... shut up van Persie. you dont miss chances. if you shoot and it doesnt go in it's obviously because the goal moved
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has hailed the service coming from Theo Walcott.

Walcott has gone through a lean spell of form but was back with a bang as he provided three assists in the thumping win over Blackburn.

But Van Persie said: “I honestly love him. I don’t understand the ­criticism.

“He was sharp against ­Blackburn, he was playing fantastically and, like anyone, he misses chances. But I miss chances. Ronaldo does, Messi does. It’s life.

“Sometimes I feel that people are a bit harsh on him. I don’t know why. If you look at his assists rate then it is unbelievable. And he will score. Trust me, he will score. He will get 20 goals at least every season. You will see. He will, have faith in him.

“He has given me so many assists. And for me, if you give an assist then it is worth a goal, especially if you give a great assist. It is as important as scoring a goal.

“He gave me two simple tap-ins. That makes it more his goal than my goal and he has given me many assists.”

pffff... shut up van Persie. you dont miss chances. if you shoot and it doesnt go in it's obviously because the goal moved

Remember when he used to hit the post all the time Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:New post guys, feel free to read, if you want/have time. Wink Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2859867778

Quality read as usual Sam Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 3176931354
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:25 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:New post guys, feel free to read, if you want/have time. Wink Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 2859867778

Quality read as usual Sam Arsenal Lobby - Page 25 3176931354

Thank you sir. :bow:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Bayern Munich coach Heynckes coy on #Shaqiri links - "I've watched Basel. It's clear some players stand out." http://bit.ly/xMPMwF
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Bayern Munich sign Xherdan Shaqiri from Basel for next season. £7.4m transfer fee. http://bit.ly/A720AD
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Arsenal plan games in Seoul, Beijing and Hong Kong in July

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/06/arsenal-tour-seoul-beijing-hong-kong?newsfeed=true
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 am

I loved Sams latest post so much that I clicked on the Ad, even though I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING :vagi:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:19 am

Anyone got time to do a Goal of the month for January (with or without a review of the games?) There wasn't much joy in January, but still.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 am

I blame boss [goalol] for not being interested in Shaqiri Mad he decieved us claiming that he has Arsenal DNA Mad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has emphasised the importance of turning a profit in his role as manager.

The Gunners boss sold Cesc Fabergas and Samir Nasri last year, bringing a sum of around £60 million into the club, and is famously frugal in selecting incoming players.

It is believed that the Frenchman had a kitty of £35m to spend in last month’s transfer window but chose not to add to his squad, despite a struggle for consistency this term.

And he has now insisted that ensuring Arsenal remain financially healthy is part of his role as manager.

He told Belgian publication DH: “You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between £15 [million] and £20 million pounds.

"I would add that the purpose of a coach is to always buy at a price he sees fit."

The Gunners' biggest recent outlay came in the shape of the £10m purchase of youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wenger's emphasis on youth has drawn criticism.

They currently sit in sixth place in the Premier League, three points shy of fourth-placed Chelsea.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Arsenal are looking to extend Thierry Henry's stay at the Emirates to enable the Frenchman to play in the north London derby against Tottenham at the end of the month, according to The Times.

Henry is expected to return to his parent club New York Red Bulls following the Gunners’ Champions League clash with AC Milan next Wednesday, after being on-loan at his former club since the first week of January.

However, manager Arsene Wenger is understood to want to see Henry stay with the north London outfit right up until the end of February, allowing the 34-year-old to be available for their FA Cup fifth round tie next weekend, as well as the clash with Spurs eight days later.

The striker looks to have no qualms about staying longer, but insists the decision is down to clubs, telling reporters: “They [Red Bulls] have been really good about it, so I can’t take advantage of them.”

This means there will be minimal chance for JYP...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says it was important his side eased the burden on Robin Van Persie after admitting they became reliant on the Dutchman to score their goals.

Arsenal have scored 46 goals in the Premier League this season - and van Persie has scored 22 of them.

Three of those came against Blackburn on Saturday, but Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mikel Arteta and Thierry Henry also scored - and Wenger believes van Persie's team-mates need to help the 28-year-old.

Wenger said: "That was a problem I faced in all the press conferences at the start of the season. If he doesn't score, who scores, you know?
"It was right, I couldn't deny that. But I always felt that if you look at our numbers the trio of Gervinho, (Theo) Walcott and van Persie were involved in all the goals so they are more the providers because we play with two wingers.

"But the wingers can score as well, like (against Blackburn). It is something that is needed and we need some more goals from midfield as well."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta was thrilled with their thrashing of Blackburn Rovers.

The midfielder hit Arsenal’s fourth of the afternoon in the comfortable 7-1 win over Rovers - his third of the campaign against Steve Kean’s side.

“Sometimes I can't really get forward because we just have too many talented players up there!” he told Arsenal Player.

“I had a few chances in this game though and I am just pleased to score again.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie admits victory over Blackburn Rovers was just what they needed.

Van Persie says that after the frustrating 0-0 draw at Bolton three days earlier, the win against Blackburn proved to be the perfect tonic.

"It was needed after a couple of hard weeks to have a game like this. It was the first time we had a game like that,” he told arsenal.com.

“We had a couple of comfy games [this season], against West Brom and one or two others, and the rest were basically hard. On Saturday, we made it easier for ourselves.

"We played well against Bolton. It sounds a bit strange because we missed so many chances but we were a bit unlucky maybe.

“Against Blackburn we had eight or nine chances and scored seven. Against Bolton, we had six or seven chances and didn't score. I don't think we played badly against Bolton."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:11 pm

England coach Fabio Capello intends to hand Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain an international debut against Holland.

The Mirror says Arsenal starlet Oxlade-Chamberlain, 18, is being lined up for a place in the squad to face Holland on February 29.

That, in turn, has opened the door for a call-up for the European Championships.

Under-fire England boss Fabio Capello sought out Oxlade-Chamberlain after his impressive performance against Manchester United last month to personally congratulate him.

He has also discussed Oxlade-Chamberlain’s Euro prospects with members of his coaching staff.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie was delighted to help Thierry Henry score in their victory over Blackburn Rovers.

Henry scored the winner in the FA Cup third-round victory over Leeds last month, but prior to Saturday's match he had yet to register in the Premier League after returning to the Club on loan.

"It was great because I wanted him to score,” said the Dutchman to arsenal.com. “He scored a fantastic goal in the FA Cup but I wanted him to score in the Premier League as well.

“Every single touch I had I was looking for him. I wanted to play him in.

“And with the last kick of the match, it just happened. The only thing on my mind was passing to Thierry. I wanted him to score and he did."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm

:bow: :bow:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 pm

"You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds," said Wenger.

"I would add that the purpose of a coach is to always buy at a price he sees fit.

"I really like him [Hazard] and, for several reasons: it's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.

"Hazard has what it takes to play for a top-level club, and Arsenal are a top-level club."

The club's frugal approach is likely to frustrate the Emirates Stadium faithful, who have regularly seen the club miss out on Europe's big names in transfer windows, instead opting to buy young, inexperienced talent with a view to building for the future.

Last summer, Wenger altered his transfer policy following the sales of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to Barcelona and Manchester City respectively, and brought in a myriad of experienced faces to help bare the double loss.

Mikel Arteta, 29, Per Mertesacker, 27, and Yossi Benayoun, 31, all joined the club in the twilight of the summer window.

Hazard inspired Lille to the French title last term, but couldn't guide the club to the knock-out stage of the Champions League, alongside Liverpool loanee Joe Cole.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Szczesny in FourFourTwo Mag: "Tottenham beat Milan last season, so we're clearly capable of doing that."

Szczesny: "I've never seen a goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes. Carling Cup final was a valuable lesson for me."

Szczesny: "No offence, but everyone wants to perform at the San Siro or the Camp Nou, rather than at Stoke or Norwich."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Szczesny in FourFourTwo Mag: "Tottenham beat Milan last season, so we're clearly capable of doing that."

Szczesny: "I've never seen a goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes. Carling Cup final was a valuable lesson for me."

Szczesny: "No offence, but everyone wants to perform at the San Siro or the Camp Nou, rather than at Stoke or Norwich."
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next