Babun
RealGunner
Jack Daniels
Ganso
Onyx
52 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 4 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 am

Come on now, If JD said "I'll enjoy banning you" in Jiposi's "scandal in La Liga" thread (which he made multiple parts of btw) how would that look? In fact how were Jiopsi's threads any different? It was obvious where they were going weren't they? Yet I saw no warnings for bans (unless there is something I missed which is possible).

Sport is hard headed but I never said it was your problem, it's no one's problem but his own, however there's no need to be confrontational just lock the thread or move it to the Madrid section then give him a warning. Have a PM discussion or whatever it is you guys do, don't spill it over into the thread.

Like I said I appreciate your stance, it's cool you don't have to be defensive about it because I get it. A group of posters here make it difficult for you to gauge when to close threads or not, I'd be doing a worse job. But your comment, it didn't have to be there and if you didn't mean it you shouldn't have said it. I still have no idea why you posted it if you didn't mean it, what possible good could have come out of it? Scare everyone else so that they don't make similar threads? I don't know man I'm cool with your stance except that point.

You had grounds to give him a warning sure I agree. I'm not sure you had grounds to make it a confrontation though.

My two cents, I'm criticising the action, not you. I like you, you're cool. It's just that I think you could have handled this better.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:58 am

Ganso wrote:This thread made me remember of the "this section is too perfect" thread LOL

LOL xD
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 am

Zealous wrote:Come on now, If JD said "I'll enjoy banning you" in Jiposi's "scandal in La Liga" thread (which he made multiple parts of btw) how would that look? In fact how were Jiopsi's threads any different? It was obvious where they were going weren't they? Yet I saw no warnings for bans (unless there is something I missed which is possible).

Sport is hard headed but I never said it was your problem, it's no one's problem but his own, however there's no need to be confrontational just lock the thread or move it to the Madrid section then give him a warning. Have a PM discussion or whatever it is you guys do, don't spill it over into the thread.

Like I said I appreciate your stance, it's cool you don't have to be defensive about it because I get it. A group of posters here make it difficult for you to gauge when to close threads or not, I'd be doing a worse job. But your comment, it didn't have to be there and if you didn't mean it you shouldn't have said it. I still have no idea why you posted it if you didn't mean it, what possible good could have come out of it? Scare everyone else so that they don't make similar threads? I don't know man I'm cool with your stance except that point.

You had grounds to give him a warning sure I agree. I'm not sure you had grounds to make it a confrontation though.

My two cents, I'm criticising the action, not you. I like you, you're cool. It's just that I think you could have handled this better.

I know JD well enough, I wouldnt of thought nothing of it. I dont care who he supports or who the guy he is talking to supports.

You got a problem with scandel thread? Thats your opinion. I dont. If JD or another mod did, they would of done something significant about it and recieved my trust. I had a problem with this thread, so I got rid of it.

But I think we both know, Sports thread was nothing like that thread.

Anyway, I said what I said. There was no good to come out of it, there was never meant to be, it was me warning one poster.

I understand, guys are upset I had a hand in him leaving and I said I would enjoy banning him. But at the end of the day, he left of his own free will and is acting like a child over basically...nothing. He isnt leaving because I said I would enjoy banning him, he is leaving because he feels its wrong to close down his threads.

I have often heard the "could have handelled the situation better"..I have no bad thoughts about how I acted, I think im brave enough to say when I made a mistake.

As I said, im sorry you guys may have lost a buddy and im not happy we may have lost an overall good poster, but if people actually followed the rules and listened they would save us, themselves and their friends alot of trouble.

Im done debating why I did what, I only intended to post that first long one and to be honest I didnt really have to explain myself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:05 am

honestly the mods here i think are great

but seriously if you think that "thread" was trolling, you guys should have been here during the lithium days

Seria A vs Premier League all day loooooooonngggg :brickwall:

like seriously back then this place was unbearable, there were people flaming one another, 40 page threads that turned to insult fests and plain nonsense
im happy the mods are pretty sensible here
trolling isnt prevelant
but i do agree somewhat with the other posters that slight banter(NOT Sportscy posting videos that were made just to rile up barca fans, believe me the second video was a request to a friend just to screw with some barca fans from back in high school and rain on their parade), like I'm talking about funny pictures/videos trolling other clubs' problems, like that
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:09 am

Such an epic fail, having a moderator who openly admits to getting a thrill out of banning people who support a rival team LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 am

Would anyone be p*ssed if Dani weren't a Barca fan?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would anyone be p*ssed if Dani weren't a Barca fan?

Would you be pissed off if a Madrid moderator threatened you with a ban for something trivial and revealed that he would take personal delight in doing so?

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 am

Of frak,

cya sport.Come back when benzema score in Clasico.

Such a valuable poster Mad , I think he is mad bcz his all 75 % is taken by a certain mod and 50 % alone in yesterday Sad

Last edited by Adit on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 am

Omniscient wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would anyone be p*ssed if Dani weren't a Barca fan?

Would you be pissed off if a Madrid moderator threatened you with a ban for something trivial and revealed that he would take personal delight in doing so?

If JD banned me then I would probably deserve it, tbh.

And Sports didn't get banned, he got cut back to 25%. And he didn't get it for trolling, he got it for going against an explicit order not to do it. There's a difference. If a mod tells you to stop doing something and closes a thread, you don't repost the thread, regardless of how much you disagree. It's simple. You can convince the mod to be more tolerant, but you don't send an email telling him he was wrong and then repost. That's not convincing. Sports, for being comparatively older than everyone, has not acted in the most mature way, and that's disappointing.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:24 am

I have read this thread, i have talked to Sports, i personally dont think i can add much to what has been said so far, and i would certainly not speak for sports if anyone ask him.

The thing that got my attention however, is that bit about the scandal threads Jiopsi is running on the forum. They are CLEARLY troll threads, i mean, it's not even up to discussion. It's pure, blatant, and unadulterated trolling and provocation that results in mainly real and barca fan members arguing against each other, and eventually, the thread being closed or moved.

Imo, it's not normal for that one poster to be a repeat offender on those instances and to not see the righteous hand of justice slap him in the face. At least, if we compare to what happened to Sports. Maybe he is a more confrontational guy, and so individual feelings of each one get involved, given that you both have an history of not getting along...

It's my opinion that the standings by which the mods operate on the forum are to be uniform. I know we are not machines, but for the sake of fairness... The "i dont have a problem with the scandal thread" bit sounds highly biased

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:47 am

This sucks balls, Sports was cool as ice.

Underrated poster in the Arsenal threads, always had nice input and didn't talk crap.

Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:06 am

did i miss something? JD how long were ya 25%?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:10 am

So are we allowed to swear on these forums yet?
I feel like I'm in a daycare.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 am

ive been here for a long time and i still dont really know the chain of command when it comes to mods.

i guess i just dont post enough but i dont understand how these matters work. is jd locking and docking 25% off barca posters?

again idk how these things work but regardless of how its spun it seems like there are plenty of mods why did he have to get a telling off from a rival supporter.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 am

ColoJunior wrote:So are we allowed to swear on these forums yet?

Thumbs up

I don't know what took place here but honestly everything should be allowed in this forum, except racism... Those are my two cents smoking
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:14 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
ColoJunior wrote:So are we allowed to swear on these forums yet?

Thumbs up

I don't know what took place here but honestly everything should be allowed in this forum, except racism... Those are my two cents smoking

we should not get docked 25% for swearing
removes half the emotion out of my posts
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 am

woah wtf happened while I was away?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 am

The french revolution, and we are in prelude of world war 1.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 am

I leave for one day and this forum fals apart. FFS I can't keep hoding this place together...

NERMAN :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:19 am

jibers wrote:I leave for one day and this forum fals apart. FFS I can't keep hoding this place together...

NERMAN :bow:
HOLEEEEEEE MTHA FUDGE.

Did tmo help you come to the spanish armada?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:32 am

The Franchise wrote:Those guys get warnings...why are you acting like they can get away with things while poor Sport gets punished for nothing?

He made a thread, looking to make trouble. That is without question. Then after being told to cut it out, did it again.

I am sorry, Sport is a hard headed guy? Thats my problem? I have to give him special treatment because of that fact?

That line, you might not like and thats your right. But it is what it is, if I felt bad about it I would honestly say im sorry. But im not.

He made a second thread, after being told to cut it out. The first reply on the thread was "you looking to get banned" from bhends I believe. We all knew the situation. My line was a warning, keep it up and your gone. Could I have been professional and nice about it? Yeah, but I chose not to be and I see no problem with that.

Do I really enjoy banning him? No of course not..I want this place to be alive and loads of people, especially one who knows as much about football as Sport. But when you act like he does, my hands are tied.

If I really enjoyed it, he would of been gone because I had grounds for it.

Your arrogance is astonishing. Is your task as leadership on the forum not about being professional? Something that is lacking in leadership not just on these forums but in everyday life is adaptation. Sports was a top poster, surely you know him by now, his personality and therefore you adapt to the members of the society. Making idle threats to provoke someone who is easily provoked in my eyes should be met with the same dissatisfaction from the community as a whole.

You seem to have a reputation for pigheadedness yourself, therefore you should be able to understand Sports and relate to him, discuss and compromise. NOT storm into a thread and declare your genitals bigger than his and make threats. Anyone who pays any attention to Sports knows that that is not the way you settle an argument with him.

I urge you in the future to adapt to the different personalities that sit behind the keyboards and write quality to contribute to this site.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 am

Also, due to the continued refusal to heed warnings and requests about the Madrid/Barca fights in the General Section, the Admins/Mods will now be taking a much more strict stance against them. Any threads we feel are breaching the topic, or are unsuited for the General Section can and will be moved/locked/deleted without warning as the Admin/Mod sees fit. Remember, if you have questions or issues with such an actions use the PM system to express them. Public threads and posts on such topics WILL be removed in accordance with the rules on DOMA (Discussion of Moderator [and Administrator] Actions).
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10153-changes

Usage Guidelines

Posting profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments, or threats of violence, is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of offending posts and potential expulsion from the community. Our decision is final in these matters.

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multi-accounting is a bannable offence.

Please keep messages productive by keeping subject matter of posts on-topic with the board focus. Off-topic or unproductive posts will be moved and/or removed for the benefit of all members

Please keep posts productive to the rest of the community and avoid including advertisements or solicitations.

We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.

Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who is deemed to have willfully violated the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.

The Administrators and Moderators will be monitoring the information posted to the site; however, accuracy of content cannot be guaranteed. While we will attempt to monitor the content of the forums as constantly as possible, there may be times when we are not able to deal with infringements immediately. Please be patient as all reported posts will be dealt with in as timely a fashion as possible.

All messages express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor moderators of goallegacy forums, nor Forummotion (hosts of this forum) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The administrators of goallegacy forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t91-general-rules
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:50 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
Your arrogance is astonishing. Is your task as leadership on the forum not about being professional? Something that is lacking in leadership not just on these forums but in everyday life is adaptation. Sports was a top poster, surely you know him by now, his personality and therefore you adapt to the members of the society. Making idle threats to provoke someone who is easily provoked in my eyes should be met with the same dissatisfaction from the community as a whole.

You seem to have a reputation for pigheadedness yourself, therefore you should be able to understand Sports and relate to him, discuss and compromise. NOT storm into a thread and declare your genitals bigger than his and make threats. Anyone who pays any attention to Sports knows that that is not the way you settle an argument with him.

I urge you in the future to adapt to the different personalities that sit behind the keyboards and write quality to contribute to this site.

Why should he accommodate to a specific user. He laid out the rules, Sports did not follow it and continued with the same offense. Dani was nice enough to give him another warning and you think he is being arrogant just for a few words that were said? IMO, Dani adapted very well.

I am sure Sports is mature enough to take what Dani said in his stride. The reason he chose to leave is because he did not agree with the rules that the mods are following. Not for what was said.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:50 am

There is not a thing like Justice in this forum. reason? LM is still trolling everyday. in every thread and even in chatbox. yet nobody is stopping him.

Or Jiopsi's Scandal nonsense.

about mods, i have to say people like RG and JD are great. but some mods are not. this isn't about their decisions, it's about their behavior toward other members. and you all know what i mean.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 am

Bye Sports, you will be missed...

Errr... What mods need to be is consistent, that's the only requirement for a good mod. Our mods are, Gen sec really is irrelevant since it's just a bit of fun, so what if they are stricter there? TBH I don't really care one way or the other as long as they are consistent... Lets all be honest here we knew what to expect from them, we all knew that sports was working to a warning with the second thread. While his point is a reasonable one; the fact is that this forum doesn't work like that and it never really has. Which is fine, this is just a bit of fun so either let it go or leave. I respect Sports decision to stand by what he believes in, I respect the mods for sticking to their guns but also leaving the door open for a sports return.

I see nothing constructive from you guys over the last few pages. Bottom line is we madridistas have a great mod, our section is well run and we have nothing to worry about. If you wanna venture out into the wide world of GL then fine but accept that mods are as different in personality as regular poster's are different (cause they are reg posters...) all we can ask, like I said earlier, is that there is consistency. Since most people saw the warning coming it's clear that there was consistency in the applications of warnings in this case.

Now this thread is gonna be wasted, so in the proud tradition of the Shaven thread I am making this thread my own... Please bow before me in this thread before you reply...

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 4 GlamourmodelSee you guys.  I'm done. - Page 4 Lalla-hirayama-289f7
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 am

RedOranje wrote:
Also, due to the continued refusal to heed warnings and requests about the Madrid/Barca fights in the General Section, the Admins/Mods will now be taking a much more strict stance against them. Any threads we feel are breaching the topic, or are unsuited for the General Section can and will be moved/locked/deleted without warning as the Admin/Mod sees fit. Remember, if you have questions or issues with such an actions use the PM system to express them. Public threads and posts on such topics WILL be removed in accordance with the rules on DOMA (Discussion of Moderator [and Administrator] Actions).
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10153-changes

Usage Guidelines

Posting profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments, or threats of violence, is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of offending posts and potential expulsion from the community. Our decision is final in these matters.

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multi-accounting is a bannable offence.

Please keep messages productive by keeping subject matter of posts on-topic with the board focus. Off-topic or unproductive posts will be moved and/or removed for the benefit of all members

Please keep posts productive to the rest of the community and avoid including advertisements or solicitations.

We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.

Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who is deemed to have willfully violated the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.

The Administrators and Moderators will be monitoring the information posted to the site; however, accuracy of content cannot be guaranteed. While we will attempt to monitor the content of the forums as constantly as possible, there may be times when we are not able to deal with infringements immediately. Please be patient as all reported posts will be dealt with in as timely a fashion as possible.

All messages express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor moderators of goallegacy forums, nor Forummotion (hosts of this forum) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The administrators of goallegacy forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t91-general-rules

Especially with regards to the last of your highlighted exhibition of the rules:

Indeed Hitler. Indeed.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next