Are the Euros harder to win than the WC?

+7
Luca
Lord Awesome
leemhuis
Omniscient
dostoevsky
BarrileteCosmico
aford92
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are the Euros harder to win than the WC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Euros harder to win than the WC?

Post by Seppuku Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Japan and South Korea > Russia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece etc.etc.

No need to bring in South America to the equation. That would be just overkill.

Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Are the Euros harder to win than the WC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Euros harder to win than the WC?

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 pm

The OP says "Are the Euros harder to win than the WC".

And yet the OP also says "I'm not saying the Euros are harder to win".

Which is it? What question exactly do you want us the answer? I was rather perplexed by your logic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:22 pm

McLewis wrote:The OP says "Are the Euros harder to win than the WC".

Which is it? What question exactly do you want us the answer? I was rather perplexed by your logic.

The real question is as follows...

In theory is the Euro harder to win than the WC due to the concentration of majority of the top level teams in one tournament?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 pm

kiranr wrote:
McLewis wrote:The OP says "Are the Euros harder to win than the WC".

The real question is as follows...

In theory is the Euro harder to win than the WC due to the concentration of majority of the top level teams in one tournament?

That's what I was assuming he meant, but then he threw that "I'm not saying" portion into the OP and that threw me off. Just wanted clarification on what exactly he's trying to say.

Your question provides that so thanks.

-----------------

To answer the question, I do think the Euros can be harder to win than the WC, but that all depends on the given form of the more prestigious sides, meaning the ones most likely to make it into the knockouts. Did Euro 2008 have a clear favorite pre-tournament like 2012 has in Spain or Germany? I don't recall honestly and I think that's central to why the Euros is a bit harder. It's slightly less predictable than the WC. Turkey, Russia and Croatia were real dark horses that caused big problems for the big sides. We'll be seeing more of that next year so I don't expect this tournament to any less predictable than the last and that's why it's a bit harder to win.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2