OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

+18
Omniscient
Mr Nick09
guest7
Ganso
messixaviesta
Great Leader Sprucenuce
matpol
RealGunner
the xcx
billy_gr
ausbaz
Khaled
ChollaVille
Albiceleste
H.A.
The Madrid One
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 am

Seems to me it's a toss up between the dutch and the germans, does anyone here think anyone else stands a good chance?

Edit: Oh lol, and Spain, don't know how I could have forgotten them Razz


Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28271
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:58 am

Spain.

Friendlies are one thing, competitive games are another.

The bulk of the team is Barca, they have to pick and choose at this stage what games they are super motivated for and which they are in 2nd gear.

I think Germany are making a big mistake with this 4141 with Bastian being the holding player. Because of that, I think Spain will take it.

If the Dutch dont play RVP as a 9, let him play deeper with Snijeder in tow and Hunterlaar up front they will look much better too. RVP up front on his own, I dont like.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 am

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? 800px-Flag_of_Germany.svg
spain ftw if you notice this then good for you
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by H.A. Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:05 am

I'm biased so I'm rooting for the dutch. Anyway I don't think spain will win it if history teaches us a lesson regardless of how 'strong' they are. I wold love for a Germany vs Netherlands final Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:09 am

TMO aren't you a spaniard? Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 am

Lionel Messi wrote:TMO aren't you a spaniard? Laughing
do you say this because i put germany.. or because i say that i am turkish in my profile?! scratch ...please say it because of number 1.. Twisted Evil
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 am

Bosnia Twisted Evil
In one game everythng is possible, Spain, Germany and Netherland are favourites.
Italy could take chance.
Portugal, France and England are not good enaugh.
Russia, Turkey, Croatia could be suprise and play in semies. Even Bosnia can (without injuries, all players fit, in form, with some luck, easy fixtures, few good taken set pieces... Webb or Ovrebo on our side... xD LOL).

It is better to predict 16 teams who will play on tournament Smile

1. Hosts: Poland, Ukraine (2)
2. Winners: Spain, Portugal, England, Croatia, Nedherland, Bosnia Twisted Evil, Italy, Russia, Germany. (9)
3. The best 2nd team: Sweden. (1)
4. Play off: Turkey, Ireland, Serbia, France, Greece, Montenegro, Denmark/Norway, Czech R. (4)


My Top 3 Fav Teams:
1. Bosnia (If we make there Neutral )
2. Spain
3. Germany
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 806
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:TMO aren't you a spaniard? Laughing
do you say this because i put germany.. or because i say that i am turkish in my profile?! scratch ...please say it because of number 1.. Twisted Evil
Because you put germany Razz

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:TMO aren't you a spaniard? Laughing
do you say this because i put germany.. or because i say that i am turkish in my profile?! scratch ...please say it because of number 1.. Twisted Evil
Because you put germany Razz
muahaahaah you fell in my trap, now highlight my whole post with the germany flag and you will see that i am the ultimate winner.. :bow: :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Khaled Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:52 am

Spain easily!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by ausbaz Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 pm

France, don't ask me why but sometimes I get these feelings....

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 139
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Greece….

We’ve done it before… Business as usual
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:24 pm

billy_gr wrote:Greece….

We’ve done it before… Business as usual
With negative tactics ofc..Last thing I want to see is Greece in euros.
Il be cheering for Germany tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 pm

When Inter won a CL with negative tactics I saw a lot of people defending the style.
Me as well. I don’t like it. Nor Inter’s neither Greece’s. But it’s football, you have to play to your strengths.
Greece’s strength was defence in 2004, so was Inter’s in 2009.

Don’t worry anyway I don’t think Greece will go to far anyway
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm

billy_gr wrote:When Inter won a CL with negative tactics I saw a lot of people defending the style.
Me as well. I don’t like it. Nor Inter’s neither Greece’s. But it’s football, you have to play to your strengths.
Greece’s strength was defence in 2004, so was Inter’s in 2009.

Don’t worry anyway I don’t think Greece will go to far anyway
Any notable/very good players I should know of?
I hope schalkes 04s Papadopuolos gets time to play tho, good player.

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Avraam Papadopoulos (CB) is great as well.
The two most vouched players are Ninis and Fetfatzidis. Unfortunately Ninis is injured for 5 months so that leaves Fetfa as a player to watch.

The others are nothing special really
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 pm

France or England




yes i can Afro
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by matpol Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:44 pm

You should wait for the group stage draw before you create this topic, alfred. Draw is very important in every tournament and FYI Germany will be in second Pot. http://www.football-rankings.info/2011/08/euro-2012-final-draw-coefficients-12.html Pot 1: Poland, Ukraine, Spain, Netherlands
Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia
Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden
Pot 4: France, Denmark, Slovakia, Czech Republic

Imagine a group of Spain/Netherlands, Germany, Portugal and France, even more scary group of death than Group C of Euro 2008 with Netherlands, Italy, France and Romania. Host shouldn't be in First Pot ffs.

As for topic, my Top 3 contenders, in an order: 1- Spain, 2- Netherlands, 3- Germany. I would be shocked if other country than 3 above listed win those Euro. Before WC 2010 I listed Spain, Netherlands and Argentina as my contenders, and I was shocked when people say that Brazil or England were favorite for that WC.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

England.........


OT: Who will win the Euros and why? 180363_700b

Oh, you slay me RG
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:06 pm

More chance than Malta Razz

Anyway its between Holland, Germany, Spain, France and Italy( dont underestimate them)

Cabaye to be player of tournament in a France victory Very Happy Ashley sells him 2 weeks later Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:11 pm

LOL If we made a Goal Legacy 11, they would have more chance then Malta...its not saying much Mole
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:LOL If we made a Goal Legacy 11, they would have more chance then Malta...its not saying much Mole

You underrate the abilities of Micheal Mifsud :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

The fact that a player whos career highlight is playing for Coventry is simply...sad lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:The fact that a player whos career highlight is playing for Coventry is simply...sad lol

Turn off Debate-Mode, iam not debating with you iam joking around :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:34 pm

LOL I know Mole
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OT: Who will win the Euros and why? Empty Re: OT: Who will win the Euros and why?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum