Police pass John Terry Rasicm file to prosecutors

2 posters

Go down

Police pass John Terry Rasicm file to prosecutors Empty Police pass John Terry Rasicm file to prosecutors

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Police investigating John Terry's alleged racist comments towards Anton Ferdinand have passed a file to prosecutors.

The Chelsea and England defender has denied making the alleged comments to the Queens Park Rangers defender during the Premier League match at Loftus Road on 23 October.

The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed that it has received a file about the case from Scotland Yard, and is considering whether there is enough evidence to bring charges.

Shortly after the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/01/john-terry-racism-allegations-police-prosecutors

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has been handed a police file concerning allegations England and Chelsea captain John Terry made racist comments.

Terry has been accused of using racist language towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand, during Chelsea's 1-0 defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.

The CPS received the file late on Wednesday night and will now decide whether to bring a prosecution.

If Terry is found guilty, he could lose the England captaincy.

Terry was arrested under caution and questioned by the Metropolitan Police last week.

Scotland Yard then passed a file on the matter to the CPS who will spend the next few weeks considering whether there is enough information to prosecute.
'I'm saddened'

After the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.

"I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

The Football Association (FA) has begun its own investigation into the matter but this has been put on hold while a decision on whether he will face a criminal investigation is made.

Ferdinand has said he has "very strong" feelings on what happened but would not say anymore about it until the FA's investigation was over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15985420

Terry's screwed :facepalm:

Last edited by Ordinho10 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Police pass John Terry Rasicm file to prosecutors Empty Re: Police pass John Terry Rasicm file to prosecutors

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

he ll get away with it though, status
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down