Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension

+4
EarlyPrototype
kiranr
Harmonica
Mr Nick09
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Empty Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:19 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/11/30/2780712/barcelonas-gerard-pique-could-miss-clasico-clash-with-real

Barcelona centre-back Gerard Pique has cast his availability for the Clasico match with Real Madrid on December 10 into doubt after picking up a fifth yellow card of the season in La Liga.

Having received the booking during the 4-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano on Tuesday, the Spain international will automatically miss Barca's next fixture, against Levante this Saturday, and return for the showdown against Los Blancos in the following game with his yellow card limit wiped clean.
Don't Miss

However, Pique could now face a two-game ban if it is deemed that the booking he earned against Rayo was deliberate.

Modifications had been made to the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Disciplinary Code in 2011, which states that any deliberate intent to receive a fifth yellow card can lead to an additional match suspension.

Article 112 of the Disciplinary Code reads: "Any player, who during the course of a game, provokes a fifth booking may be sanctioned with, in addition to the penalty provided for in the first paragraph of this article [a standard one-game ban], an extra one game suspension and fined the amount of €600. In determining the intent of the player, circumstances will be taken into account such as the nature of the breaching of the game rules and the attitude of the player during the match."

Evidence that will be taken into account include minutes taken by referee Perez Lasa during the Barcelona match against Rayo.

According to AS, Lasa noted in his referee match report: "On 83 minutes the player (3) Gerard Pique was booked for the following reason: Delaying the restart of play for his team with the intention of wasting time."

Barcelona are currently three points behind Real Madrid in the Primera Division league table, but have played one game more.

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Empty Re: Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 am

Spanish league is typically spineless when it comes to Barca and Madrid... i expect nothing to come of this honestly.

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Empty Scandal in la Liga- part Cinco

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 am

Pique might be banned for the Clasico because he forced a yellow card to get suspended.

Jiopsi is very butthurt Alonso did the same and will get away with nothing.

Video evidence to come.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Empty Re: Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

Why mad? Laughing

Video evidence against Refdrid? I was making video myself, but you can save me from my trouble. Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 am

If this is true and Alonso is not even being considered, then it is a clear case of favouring Madrid in my book.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:41 am

kiranr wrote:
If this is true and Alonso is not even being considered, then it is a clear case of favouring Madrid in my book.

Alonso got booked from breaking up a counter attack when it was 1-1.

Pique got booked in the 83rd minute whilst being 4-0 up against Rayo by wasting time on the ball deliberatley.

I don't know about you, but one of them seem suspicious to me. The ref also mentioned that it Pique did it deliberately.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 am

Refdrid's Xabi Alonso's deliberate and pointless fifth foul against "Real" Madrid on saturday

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Di-EMQZ

Expect both get suspensions, or none. Else it's just more power to the conspiracy theories which has plagued La Liga this season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Pique got booked in the 83rd minute whilst being 4-0 up against Rayo by wasting time on the ball deliberatley.

I don't know about you, but one of them seem suspicious to me. The ref also mentioned that it Pique did it deliberately.

If Jiopsi's picture is correct, it does not look like breaking up a counter attack!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 am

Counter-attack? Laughing Xabi was third highest Refdrid player. Let it flow my friends. Laughing

Last edited by jiopsi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 am

jiopsi wrote:Refdrid's Xabi Alonso's deliberate and pointless fifth foul against "Real" Madrid on saturday

Barcelona's Gerard Pique could miss Clasico clash with Real Madrid due to suspension Di-EMQZ

Expect both get suspensions, or none. Else it's just more power to the conspiracy theories which has plagued La Liga this season.

And let's not forget... It will give you a great excuse in case you lose the clasico...

Because just admitting the other team is better and showing a little humility is absolutely out of the question.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:49 am

LOL at Comparing Xabi's yellow with Piques yellow. Barca fans :facepalm:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am

teamanarchy wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Refdrid's Xabi Alonso's deliberate and pointless fifth foul against "Real" Madrid on saturday

And let's not forget... It will give you a great excuse in case you lose the clasico...

Because just admitting the other team is better and showing a little humility is absolutely out of the question.
Irony meter isn't applicable anymore after this quote. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am

jiopsi wrote:Counter-attack? Laughing Xabi was third highest Refdrid player. Let it flow my friends. Laughing
Because counter-attacks don't begin in your own half ever, do they...
Counter-attacks, by definition, begin in front of your own goal...
Am I right? :facepalm:
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:51 am

This is nothing but a Holier than thou Approach by both of ur set of fans

Alonso's yellow was as deliberate as Pique's. If one is being given extra suspension, same should happen to the other player.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 am

teamanarchy wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Counter-attack? Laughing Xabi was third highest Refdrid player. Let it flow my friends. Laughing
Counter-attacking against whole team? You are right. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 am

kiranr wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
kiranr wrote:

If Jiopsi's picture is correct, it does not look like breaking up a counter attack!

Thing is you see fouls like tha in La Liga week in week out.

Watch this from 22:45 onwards tell me this was not similar to the time wasting real madrid dis vs ajax!

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:53 am

teamanarchy wrote:

But that is not even a counter-attack.

I am really sorry Madrid fans, but some of you are being delusional here!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
kiranr wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Thing is you see fouls like tha in La Liga week in week out.

Watch this from 22:45 onwards tell me this was not similar to the time wasting real madrid dis vs ajax!
You see fouls like time wasting in almost every game from the leading side. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

jiopsi wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:

You haven't been a member of this community for very long, have you?
Well, I've been here since 08, and after every clasico loss, with the exception of the CL semi loss, I congratulated Barca on being the better team., and managed to admit it.

But, what's really concerning here is that the game is still yet to be played, and you're already blaming the refs... Almost like you know you're gonna lose.

It's a pity.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:56 am

Pique must be suspended but he is a Barca player so i don't think so.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 am

Ramos and Iker got suspended for what they did to Ajax. Pique's is no different so he should be suspended too. I don't even think Alonso is being looked at by the RFEF.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

teamanarchy wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:

You haven't been a member of this community for very long, have you?
Well, I've been here since 08, and after every clasico loss, with the exception of the CL semi loss, I congratulated Barca on being the better team., and managed to admit it.

But, what's really concerning here is that the game is still yet to be played, and you're already blaming the refs... Almost like you know you're gonna lose.

It's a pity.
You have been here since 08, and registered in 11 june?

Deluded Refdrid fan is deluded. Laughing

Last edited by jiopsi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Ramos and Iker got suspended for what they did to Ajax. Pique's is no different so he should be suspended too. I don't even think Alonso is being looked at by the RFEF.

They got suspended for one game, not two like the article in the OP is saying.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Ramos and Iker got suspended for what they did to Ajax. Pique's is no different so he should be suspended too. I don't even think Alonso is being looked at by the RFEF.

They got suspended for one game, not two like the article in the OP is saying.

It got reduced after an appeal.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 am

UCL != La Liga.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next