The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread

+3
titosantill
Valkyrja
sportsczy
7 posters

Go down

The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread Empty The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:15 am

So Benz is out for the next game although the reason remains undisclosed. Pepe and Bale remain absent. Not sure about Marcelo. Varane is suspended.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread Empty Re: The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:35 am

keylor
Danilo Nacho Ramos Carvajal
Kovacic Kroos Modric
James Ronaldo Jese
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread Empty Re: The Real Madrid injury, suspension and other shenanigans thread

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:44 am

i hope we at least get a co-center forward in the summer because of things like this. i'm hearing he has a hip inury, some places say back, some rib, i don't know. what bothers me is how long he'll be out for. i don't want cristiano playing cf and just strolling around....i've never understood why we have back ups for every position except for center forward; can someone please explain to me why? (its not a rhetorical question btw). and i don't mean signing some scrub cf as a back up who we all know won't be able kick a ball for shit. i mean a legitimate co-center forward in case of injuries or suspensions. we even have two back up wingers (3 until cheryshev left). i hope he's not out for long, it worries me that there's no date for how long he's out for...3 points is extremely valuable in the league, so is progress in ucl
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:04 am

That's why i'm preaching the signing of Aubameyang for a while now... he can play winger and CF although he's a natural CF.

Why don't we have one? A backup CF wasn't in the marketing plan :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:22 am

That's why they have already decided to bring Morata back this summer.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 am

The original idea was to have competition at all positions, but Benz and Ronaldo and Bale and James don't like the idea of internal competition. I understand the idea of establishing a starting 11, but in today's game with 3 separate competitions, you can't overplay that 11. Let them battle it out as to who makes the starting 11, but in no way should we have scrubs for the second at every position. In same way, noone, Ronaldo included should be starting practically every game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:34 am

sportsczy wrote:That's why i'm preaching the signing of Aubameyang for a while now... he can play winger and CF although he's a natural CF.

Why don't we have one? A backup CF wasn't in the marketing plan :coffee:

You preaching auba? BS you got that idea from me m8. Top kek.

Seriously though i much rather have aubameyang than that lewandowski prick.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

here's my thing with respect to back ups. over the last couple of years we've preached this thing about signing no back up or back ups who should be happy to just sit on the bench, and only play when there are injuries or suspensions....i don't like that, i never have; granted the better player should play. but if you have someone who just lounges on the bench till desperation hits, i doubt he can provide any spark when needed.

i don't know if the morata link is true, i hardly follow transfer rumors this early because a lot can change between now and summer, no, a lot will change between now and the summer, that's just how transfers work....media personnel get rumor scraps and run with it. should morata or whoever come in as a co-cf, if they don't get any minutes, or assurance that they're form, if good will merit some time on the pitch, its useless

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

what do you guys think? can a back up work? will it help our season, especially in the league? but most importantly, will it help in terms of promoting competition between  the players? and btw i feel the same way about bale on the rw, imo he should be competing with someone, maybe jese lucas or whoever for a starting spot in that slot...he has done well this season, but overall, hasn't played like an untouchable. i didn't mention cristiano, cos i don't know if he'll be here or sold...what do you all think? i'm not making a suggestion, just trying to get what everyone's views are
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 am

Off topic but how old are you exactly Tito? Saw your contributions in the Ronaldo vs Ronaldo (I think) thread and you mentioned you saw Van Basten, at Ajax. That was what, mid 80s and you seem to remember him quite fondly.

On topic, the club could genuinely do with a competent back up CF. Who is willing to fill that role is something I don't know. Would it help? Yeah if the manager wants it to work but if he is the type to play one line up all the time then we'll probably be better off with just promoting a youngster or using Jese.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 am

off topic.....in my early/mid 40s, two kids and my girlfriend (the mother of my kids, we just haven't got around to tying the knot).

i prefer jese used on the flanks than a back up cf. i saw an argument here discussing which flank he's better at. i never saw his youth games (for certain reasons, i only watch professionals, i don't watch youth, junior teams or ncaa), but i reckon the time he had good performances was on the right, when bale got injured (as per usual) two seasons ago
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Begs the question why we aren't testing Mariano/Mayoral, even if only for 20/30 mins. Arguably, both have done enough to warrant consideration as a makeshift backup till the end of this season, similar to how Jese played Castilla and had some 1st team games before he was fully promoted.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Big difference, this Castilla is playing in third level futbol. Jese's Castilla played in 2nd. They simply are not ready. I have doubts about Mariano, he's older, but Mayoral was recently signed to a new contract, much like Jese was. He has a future, if Castilla gets promoted to Adelante (reasonably posible), he will be fine there next year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Although I would like competent backups for every position, that won't happen and therefore you will have squad players for some positions (e.g. Casilla, Nacho, Casemiro, Lucas), but CF is not a position to do that for. It needs to be an experienced, confident and reliable striker.

@Tito, You surprised me, I was expecting you to be in your 50s (a youngster in comparison to me, but another old fart like me).

Word around here is they definitely have decided to exercise their option on Morata this summer. It may just be a financial move, as their price for him is very reasonable given on what market is likely to be. I suspect they bring him back and see if he can fit the bill as the 2nd striker and if not they sell him for a profit. However I am still of the belief that both Ronaldo and Benz leave this summer.

My fear is that they won't address our biggest need, a defensive minded midfielder.

And for those of you on the Navas bandwagon, you need to more closely examine his performances. Just a couple of games ago, Sports was detailing how Navas makes risky moves and doesn't communicate with his CBs. Navas is good, while De Gea is elite. This move was actually decided in December according to various socios.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down