Blue
lszanto
El Chelsea Fuerte
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Romeu - Page 2 Empty Re: Romeu

Post by Sir Psycho Fri 02 Dec 2011, 03:02

Glad to see Chelsea fans are high on him.

Thumbs up

Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 02 Dec 2011, 07:02

If only Essien was not injury prone, I would sell Mikel to Inter in a heartbeat this Jan.

And Romeu isn't leaving IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 02 Dec 2011, 13:32

I've never ever been a fan of Mikel, I've always said he's just a piece of muscle who protects the back 4 fairly well with very average technical skills.

I don't really know if he would be cut out for the Italian league tbh, if Inter offered good money for him I'd sell Wink (£20M+).
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 02 Dec 2011, 15:11

Ben Arfa will destroy him :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri 02 Dec 2011, 15:20

Ade wrote:I've never ever been a fan of Mikel, I've always said he's just a piece of muscle who protects the back 4 fairly well with very average technical skills.

I don't really know if he would be cut out for the Italian league tbh, if Inter offered good money for him I'd sell Wink (£20M+).

LOL, i can clearly see that you have never played football in your life.

Mikel is a really good DM, i have played as a DM and i can tell you he does it really well. His positioning and distribution = is superb and can really cover a lot of grounds in midfield. A DM job never going to look pretty.

The issue is AVB quick passing and our limited midfield does not suit him.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 02 Dec 2011, 18:55

Blue wrote:
Ade wrote:I've never ever been a fan of Mikel, I've always said he's just a piece of muscle who protects the back 4 fairly well with very average technical skills.

Mikel is a really good DM, i have played as a DM and i can tell you he does it really well. His positioning and distribution = is superb and can really cover a lot of grounds in midfield. A DM job never going to look pretty.

Coming from a yank that is pretty insulting! :flower:

Mikel is not dm starter quality for a team like Chelsea his slow style hasn't just been a problem for Avb, so really just deal with it I suppose Razz
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri 02 Dec 2011, 20:25

Ade wrote:
Blue wrote:

Coming from a yank that is pretty insulting! :flower:

Mikel is not dm starter quality for a team like Chelsea his slow style hasn't just been a problem for Avb, so really just deal with it I suppose Razz

Actually Mikel did well last season under Carlo, and overall he has had some really bright moments at Chelsea. He is a good DM, the most often time he doesn't play well is when he is playing with Ramires. He played really well with Essien and Ballack.

His job is to protect the back 4 and distribute the ball over the field, and he does it well. Play him with more competent midfielders he will shine.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 02 Dec 2011, 22:42

He was imperious second season of Carlo during them 6 games or what ever when we were stomping everyone, but after that he vanished just a green spell.

Linking up with Essien he was pretty decent, but with Ballack? no way the midfield was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow when them two played together, it wasn't that horrible but it wasn't the best.

I given him props in defending the back 4 he covers and fills in relatively quite well, although 1v1 his height and size is such a disadvantage turn of pace, feint in and out your done.

His distribution is not up to the standard we should be having at Chelsea, not in a long while thing is too I don't understand it. Like its not difficult to pass it quicker and not dwell on it but he just doesn't, he needs to stop using his body as much and use his eyes. He doesn't need a defender at his back or what ever before he passes, look up whilst receiving the pass can go back to basic primary school coaching, kill the ball then pass it 2 touches and the balls gone. SIMPLE yet he never does it and that will be my beef with Mikel until he does it and thats not to say it won't ever happen because it really is that simple anyone can do it.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Sat 03 Dec 2011, 00:16

Blue wrote:

I think Blue is the second smartest guy here, after me.
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat 03 Dec 2011, 00:39

Ade wrote:He was imperious second season of Carlo during them 6 games or what ever when we were stomping everyone, but after that he vanished just a green spell.

Linking up with Essien he was pretty decent, but with Ballack? no way the midfield was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow when them two played together, it wasn't that horrible but it wasn't the best.

I given him props in defending the back 4 he covers and fills in relatively quite well, although 1v1 his height and size is such a disadvantage turn of pace, feint in and out your done.

His distribution is not up to the standard we should be having at Chelsea, not in a long while thing is too I don't understand it. Like its not difficult to pass it quicker and not dwell on it but he just doesn't, he needs to stop using his body as much and use his eyes. He doesn't need a defender at his back or what ever before he passes, look up whilst receiving the pass can go back to basic primary school coaching, kill the ball then pass it 2 touches and the balls gone. SIMPLE yet he never does it and that will be my beef with Mikel until he does it and thats not to say it won't ever happen because it really is that simple anyone can do it.

Mikel didn't feature much in Carlo "bad moments" and when the time was losing left and right. Mikel played a big part in the end of the season, as a key player in our resurgence.

Mikel and DM biggest job is to break up the opposition buildup and he does that really well. He has great vertical passing skills, don't think anyone in our midfield comes close in that department.

His work with Ballack was effective, but yeah it was slow at times. Not going to disagree with that claim.

Yeah the one big drawback of Mikel game is him holding and dribbling with the ball too much. This is instinct comes from his early days when he was attacking midfielder.

I will stand by my claim and keep saying that Mikel is a very good DM, if we had creative midfielder like Modric or Moutinho we wouldn't be looking for a scapegoat for our problem.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat 03 Dec 2011, 15:48

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/12/3/2606819/chelsea-individual-statistics-november-2011

Awesome stats Romeu bossing it again.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat 03 Dec 2011, 15:54

Romeu
:bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 03 Dec 2011, 16:14

I really dont get the hype behind this guy.......

Thought he was trash today and easily the worse Chelsea player, it was far too easy to get past him or drag him out of position.....

He might be better than Mikel technically but Mikel is far better as a DM
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat 03 Dec 2011, 16:18

Hardly, he worked well, made many great tackles and barely lost the ball. He is only young and improving.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 03 Dec 2011, 16:24

So am i the only one who saw him giving the ball away frequently and allowing him players to dribble pass with relative ease?( Guthrie did it on atleast a dozen occasions)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat 03 Dec 2011, 16:35

Must have been watching two different Romeu's.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 03 Dec 2011, 17:28

Romeu Stats vs Newcastle: 44passes (91% accuracy), 4/4 Longballs, 2 keypasses, 7 tackles, 2 interceptions & 2 clearance.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Sun 04 Dec 2011, 01:24

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I really dont get the hype behind this guy.......

Thought he was trash today and easily the worse Chelsea player, it was far too easy to get past him or drag him out of position.....

He might be better than Mikel technically but Mikel is far better as a DM

True and his tackling is nowhere near mikels
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:57

Graham Taylor on BBC Five Live: "Romeu is taking pictures all the time, looking around him and picking out passes. He has the makings of an excellent player, if he isn't one already."

John obi who? Afro

Last edited by Ade on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:58

Heard Mikel is changing his name to Oriol Romeu to get some gametime.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:59

kick mars wrote:Heard Mikel is changing his name to Oriol Romeu to get some gametime.

possibly the worst joke of the year
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu 08 Dec 2011, 14:07

It won't take long til Barca take notice.

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/romeu-vs-valencia-win-balls-start.html

The glorified loan deal Sad , it was fun having you around for at least one season Oriol...........
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 14:54

Mole ffs can you ever speak with your own opinion without thinking your 100%right all the time. Your always acting such a besserwisser and you always think you are right every time you answer. From the games I've watched Romeu has been playing great.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu 08 Dec 2011, 14:55

Romeu :bow:
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 08 Dec 2011, 15:21

xabi wrote:Mole ffs can you ever speak with your own opinion without thinking your 100%right all the time. Your always acting such a besserwisser and you always think you are right every time you answer. From the games I've watched Romeu has been playing great.

Its my opinion, because other people disagree dont mean i have to fall in line or agree with it......

I did'nt watch the Valencia game but he was crap against Newcastle, if your good you dont let Danny f*cking Guthrie just waltz past you like he's Messi ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu 08 Dec 2011, 15:55

Ade wrote:It won't take long til Barca take notice.

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/romeu-vs-valencia-win-balls-start.html

The glorified loan deal Sad , it was fun having you around for at least one season Oriol...........

LOL why would he go back after this season, when Biscuits and Masch are still comfortably ahead of him? Next season might be a different story however.

But lets not forget Romeu will have to re-sign for Barcelona, so Barcelona will have to convince him to re-sign and I'm sure Romeu won't go back just to get more money.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next