JuvenelCuore
Luca
jibers
kiranr
FennecFox7
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mazzarri says city is same level as real + barca - Page 2 Empty Re: Mazzarri says city is same level as real + barca

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 am

We'll see how City will deal with Bayern in the last CL group match. ^^

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Mazzarri says city is same level as real + barca - Page 2 Empty Re: Mazzarri says city is same level as real + barca

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 am

I'd say they are in the same league in terms of quality.

City just need to big result in Europe to solidify that fact. Bayern could be a good place to start, but then again Bayern took them to the cleaners in Munich so who knows.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

City is a great team. they are close to us if not the same level.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am

And yet they are struggling in the UCL

Can't be that good then.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 am

Raptorgunner wrote:City have a great squad, but too bad they a have fool as a coach. Chaka Chaka

Do people still believe this ? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

Mancini > Wenger atm true story
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 am

I will repeat myself once again, city are not even close to barcelonas level, not by a shadow of a mile. They are struggling against Napoli and baleen, and will most likely not make it to the next round. They have potential, but they aren't there yet
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Zealous wrote:Mancini > Wenger atm true story

Mazzarri says city is same level as real + barca - Page 2 LOL%20WUT%20eye
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Search your feelings you know it to be true.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:58 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:i dont see how RM is better than city....

I'm guessing being in the EPL makes 1st time qualifying for the UCL equivalent to winning another country's league.

I generally don't agree with whatever Jibers writes, I actually don't agree with him at all but he has a point. Until either RM or City win something of note, neither is on Barca's level. However, the quality in City's side is immense and probably could go toe to toe with either side.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm

I don't agree with this "they have to win something for me to rate them" argument.

City and Madrid have been playing great so far this year. Their current levels can still be rated without having to look at what silverware they've won (as if there is silverware up for grabs in November)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:12 pm

The winning something argument makes it easier for one to gauge whether a club is, in fact, on the "same level" as another. Case in point, City and Real are in excellent form and should be taken seriously. However, when said form drop, what is left to use as a measuring stick against Barcelona? Barcelona are defending European and Spanish champs while Real and City enjoyed domestic cup victories. Nothing against the FA Cup or CDR but it would be hard to say both are on Barca's level with those 2 trophies as support for one's argument...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

But the whole yardstick is my issue.

It doesn't take long to notice that Madrid's and City's overall play is more than just form. It's genuine quality. I personally rate Barca higher but not because they won more last season.

At this stage what we see on the field is what we should use to gauge teams.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:47 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:i dont see how RM is better than city....

you dont subscribe to champions league?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:54 pm

its pretty obvious that Mazzarri wants the public to know who the favorites are, nothing more. City would lose 10-0 to Barca.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:56 pm

@dip explain what you mean by that comment? so RM have been doing better then city in the cl? By beating who? The mighty lyon? Don’t make me laugh Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Eivindo wrote:its pretty obvious that Mazzarri wants the public to know who the favorites are, nothing more. City would lose 10-0 to Barca.

someone bumps the Quotes of GL thread bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Eivindo wrote:its pretty obvious that Mazzarri wants the public to know who the favorites are, nothing more. City would lose 10-0 to Barca.

Hmmmm.... If City would lose 10-0 to Barca, and City beat United 6-1, what does that mean when United play Barca? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Hmmmm.... If City would lose 10-0 to Barca, and City beat United 6-1, what does that mean when United play Barca? hmm

It means that Benfica will win 3-0 this evening Razz
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:02 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:@dip explain what you mean by that comment? so RM have been doing better then city in the cl? By beating who? The mighty lyon? Don’t make me laugh Laughing

10 goals scored ,none conceded, 4 wins out of four, i think we are doing better than city in the cl. . lyong and ajax are not victoria plezen or bate.. they are good teams in their own right and city would even find beating them hard
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Tbh, I don't fear city beating Real or Barca, the only EPL team that I would have some sort of fear facing is Arsenal. While city has the stronger team I believe that Arsenal possession style football is the only thing in the Epl that could compete, plus the have GODpersie. If only they can fix their weak points though.
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:07 pm

City are not even close to Barca's level.
Only Kun Aguero would make our starting 11 and I dont think anybody else would even make our bench.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:08 pm

@dip, napoli and Bayern>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lyon and ajax dude, don’t know what your talking about. RM would not find it easy in city's group.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

alexjanosik wrote:City are not even close to Barca's level.
Only Kun Aguero would make our starting 11 and I dont think anybody else would even make our bench.

Yaya Toure was actually on Barca's bench so one may have a point...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Doc wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:City are not even close to Barca's level.

Yaya Toure was actually on Barca's bench so one may have a point...

If we play our best 11,that leaves Thiago,Fabregas and Masch on the bench.Dont see how Yaya can find a place in there.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:@dip, napoli and Bayern>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lyon and ajax dude, don’t know what your talking about. RM would not find it easy in city's group.

bayern sure but napoli isnt that much better than lyon or ajax specially because these two sides arem ore experienced in european football.. also wondering just how many city players would get into madrid's squad.. we have better players but not by much.. the main difference is mourinho while they have mancini.. that alone makes a big difference
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next