Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Boxing thread  - Page 7 Empty Re: Boxing thread

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont actually think it will be a very exciting fight tbh.
Anything that involves Manny is never exciting for you hater. albino

Are you crazy? The Marquez fight was like X-mas come early...the whopping JMM gave him had me jumping up and down like it was a Barca game.
Harsh man...

U mad bro? :p

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Very mad lol

I want to see the day Floyd lays the smack down and stops this nonsense.

They will go into history looking similar and maybe even equals..when I know that aint that case.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Bradley is gonna get pasted, unless this calf injury appears again silent
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Wow, just wow......
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

If this fight gets made, it will be better than all of those Floyd, Manny whoever.

I love Bam Bam but Gamboa is a smaller version of Roy Jones, I like him for this one, especially if the weight is done rather than up at 140.

Here is the take on Floyd n Cotto.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Manny and Tim Brad according to Dywer.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Some great points in all vids btw.

I recommend the Pacman and Tim Brad one especially for those who dont know Bradley too well.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Amir Khan's rematch with Lamont Peterson arranged for May 19 in Las Vegas

Bye Bye Lamont
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Some great points in all vids btw.

I recommend the Pacman and Tim Brad one especially for those who dont know Bradley too well.

Got some good points, but as he says its an opinion of a stranger from the internet.

Still think Manny gonna win and boy he loves Flloyd :lol!:

RealGunner wrote:Amir Khan's rematch with Lamont Peterson arranged for May 19 in Las Vegas

Bye Bye Lamont

Sayonara peterson
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Amir Khan's rematch with Lamont Peterson arranged for May 19 in Las Vegas

Bye Bye Lamont

Dont deserve it if all is fair.

Should be made to rematch Maidana like he said he would.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 am

He is right though. Cant argue anythin he says.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Not an expert on the matter but as far as I'm aware Rubio wasn't tested either or donaire or vasquez jr. Texas *bleep* up big style and Chavez is getting shit cos he had a diuretic found before.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 pm

The entire situation is dodgy..losing that much weight and then putting so much back on...

The fact his trainer is Ariza, the same as Pacman surely people will pick up on.

Drug free sport please ffs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:03 pm

I will LOL hard if Peterson beats Khan again, just for trolling purposes and RG's devastation lulz :lol!:

Dani, Khan wont fight Maidana again because he knows he was lucky as hell to get out of the last fight without getting knocked on his ass.

Khan reminds me of Naseem Hamed in so many ways and just like Naseem he will meet the same sticky end.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Timothy Bradley is a chickenshit who represents everything that is wrong in boxing. I sincerely hope he gets Hatton'd....

First off, he's a filthy fighter. Nearly all of his recent opponents have suffered cuts not caused by punches, but caused by that abnormally large head of his. He's Holyfield-esque in the way he consciously lunges in leading with the head, grinding it on his opponent whenever he gets the chance. That's just cheating.

Secondly, he's boring. His fights are always very scrappy with no real sustained periods of action. He's a good fighter on the inside and outside but his punches just bear no impact. He doesn't have power full stop. His most effective attack is with the head. Once again, that just pisses me off.

Thirdly and most importantly, his blatant ducking of Khan last summer. I see certain sections of the boxing media making excuses for Bradley now, saying he took a risk that paid off by not fighting Khan. The fact is that he bitched out plain and simple. A short reminder of what happened: Bradley had one fight left on his contract with promoter Gary Shaw. Shaw offered him a career high purse for a massive unification bout with Khan, with three of the four Junior Welterweight titles at stake. Bradley wanted out of his contract with Shaw, fair enough, but but rather than take this final fight he decided to jump ship to Arum's Top Rank early, get himself involved in a court case, and piss away ten months of his career. Khan's Golden Boy Promotions Team would have hyped the shit out of this, it doesn't matter if Shaw is a good promoter or not, GBP would have ensured that it would be one of the biggest fights of the year. The winner would shoot up the P4P rankings and would pretty much be able to demand a fight with Floyd/Manny. Bradley rejected the fight with the reasoning 'it's too risky'. There's a video on youtube where he actually says this, as well as 'what if I lose?'. Basically he ducked the opportunity to become a star, and instead whored himself out to Bob Arum, where he's just another Top Rank stooge/Pacquiao opponent.

I'm expecting a pretty ugly fight tbh, with an early ending coming as a result of Timmy's head

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I will LOL hard if Peterson beats Khan again, just for trolling purposes and RG's devastation lulz :lol!:

Dani, Khan wont fight Maidana again because he knows he was lucky as hell to get out of the last fight without getting knocked on his ass.

Khan reminds me of Naseem Hamed in so many ways and just like Naseem he will meet the same sticky end.

lucky to get out ? lol keep hating

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:52 pm

How many times did Khan get hit flush on the chin?

I rest my case..... lol keep riding.

On the Bradley and Pacquaio fight, i see Pacquaio ripping him apart and probably get a middle-late stoppage.....

Adding to what Paddy said about Bradley about him being tough inside fighter its all true he gets inside and trys to get away with as much as possible but theres nothing special about him that should hurt Manny.

Same goes if he fought Khan, i hate the bitch( and find him ridiculously overrated) but he is talented and can fight off his backfoot and front foot and would decimate Bradley with ease imo.

Have not got round to watching Dwyer vids yet, will do in a mo and will give my opinions on it in a seperate post.

No doubt i'll be agreeing with what he says as per usual.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Imo there's no guarantee Khan beats Peterson this time round, or Maidana for that matter. He flew out of the blocks in both those fights, building up early leads as those two tried tried to recover from the sheer shock of Khan's speed, both suffering knockdowns. Once they figured out how to get to Khan it was worryingly easy for them. Khan has no inside game whatsoever and his defence pretty much just involves running away from his opponent. Peterson and Maidana both bossed Khan in the second half of those fights, exploiting some fundamental flaws in Khan's game. Fundamental being the key word. Who says Khan can learn in the few months before the rematch what he hasn't been able to learn in the 17/18 prior years of boxing?

I like Khan but this is a very very tough fight for him

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Agree with paddy

I would also add that he needs to act mature, and maybe treat his opponents with respect. Unless it's mayweather
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I will LOL hard if Peterson beats Khan again, just for trolling purposes and RG's devastation lulz :lol!:

Of course, Khan wants no peice of him. He got lucky the first time, if Maidana didnt have those stamina problems he would of won via KO.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 pm

paddy wrote:Timothy Bradley is a chickenshit who represents everything that is wrong in boxing. I sincerely hope he gets Hatton'd....

First off, he's a filthy fighter. Nearly all of his recent opponents have suffered cuts not caused by punches, but caused by that abnormally large head of his. He's Holyfield-esque in the way he consciously lunges in leading with the head, grinding it on his opponent whenever he gets the chance. That's just cheating.

Secondly, he's boring. His fights are always very scrappy with no real sustained periods of action. He's a good fighter on the inside and outside but his punches just bear no impact. He doesn't have power full stop. His most effective attack is with the head. Once again, that just pisses me off.

Thirdly and most importantly, his blatant ducking of Khan last summer. I see certain sections of the boxing media making excuses for Bradley now, saying he took a risk that paid off by not fighting Khan. The fact is that he bitched out plain and simple. A short reminder of what happened: Bradley had one fight left on his contract with promoter Gary Shaw. Shaw offered him a career high purse for a massive unification bout with Khan, with three of the four Junior Welterweight titles at stake. Bradley wanted out of his contract with Shaw, fair enough, but but rather than take this final fight he decided to jump ship to Arum's Top Rank early, get himself involved in a court case, and piss away ten months of his career. Khan's Golden Boy Promotions Team would have hyped the shit out of this, it doesn't matter if Shaw is a good promoter or not, GBP would have ensured that it would be one of the biggest fights of the year. The winner would shoot up the P4P rankings and would pretty much be able to demand a fight with Floyd/Manny. Bradley rejected the fight with the reasoning 'it's too risky'. There's a video on youtube where he actually says this, as well as 'what if I lose?'. Basically he ducked the opportunity to become a star, and instead whored himself out to Bob Arum, where he's just another Top Rank stooge/Pacquiao opponent.

I'm expecting a pretty ugly fight tbh, with an early ending coming as a result of Timmy's head

Cant disagree, he is dirty as they come. I also dont like guys who duck fights, but from his point of view...why fight Khan with high risk and little reward when you think (and was right) you can do a megafight with big bucks and less to lose against Manny?

Again, I like dudes who take on whoever is next, but I cant really knock the guy for doing whats best for his career.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I dont agree Khan can fight off the back foot Mole, he runs, he doesnt fight when going backwards.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont agree Khan can fight off the back foot Mole, he runs, he doesnt fight when going backwards.

He can fight off the back foot, he's not great at it but he can do it( yes he does run more often than not)

Unlike Pacquaio for example who cant fight off the back foot full stop.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Well I dont think either can but fair enough.

I think if anything, Khan can throw a jab to keep someone off him but if someone gets inside his jab he cant just stand there and rely on his defence like the guys who really fight well of the back foot like Marquez, Ward or Floyd.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well I dont think either can but fair enough.

I think if anything, Khan can throw a jab to keep someone off him but if someone gets inside his jab he cant just stand there and rely on his defence like the guys who really fight well of the back foot like Marquez, Ward or Floyd.

Agree with that, i never said he's great off the back foot just that IMO he can do it and one of the reason's he would have no problem with someone like Bradley.

Could be wrong have been before but thats how i would see it, mind you having said this Pacquaio i think will comfortably beat Bradley and he cant fight off the back foot to save his life.

So yh go figure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:14 am

I think Bradley would beat him tbh.

I think he would get up close and inside the jab, make it dirty and Khan wont like it.

I dont think Khan has the ability to keep him off and because Bradly is such a good inside fight and Khan is such a poor one Bradely will abuse it.

Khan woul likely start fast and use his hand speed to land and then foot speed to move, but I see Bradley chasing him down and getting inside. And because Khan refuses to tie up and refuses to counter in those situations, it going to be one way traffic in there.

I really think Bradley would beat him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next