RED
Yeezus
Albiceleste
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
30 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:05 pm

my man thimmy at its best

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 pm

[quote="Thimmy"]
TheBlueArmy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:Played the game at a friends house, glad I bought battlefield and not COD. COD is done for tbh

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a BF fanboy in recent time, considering that Battlefield might not ever reach the popularity of the CoD series. To each their own, though Smile

Whats so ridiculous about that statement? COD has had 2 bad games in a row. They haven't changed anything about the games. People are realizing that COD isn't that great. This is coming from someone who has been with COD since their very first game and predicted their rise of first person shooter supremacy.

Well, I don't think Battlefield is that great. I think it's too slow paced and I don't see how it's better than CoD in any way, unless realism, slightly better graphics, large terrains and mountable vehicles are things that you value in a FPS game. I thought Battlefield was a refreshing change of pace from CoD the first time I played battlefield 2, but at the end of the day, I find CoD significantly more entertaining to play. I've barely played BF3, but I like it better than BF 2 from what I've seen of it. Yet, CoD wins it again for me this year, and the majority of FPS players seem to agree with me, so I find it hard to believe that the series is done for. but that's just my objective opinion. I'm not going to tell people that BF sucks, just because it's not my cup of tea. Deep down, you should know that the CoD series is still the most successful game series in the history of games, even if you don't personally like it Smile I don't see any reason to devalue one or the other. Quite a lot of die-hard BF players predicted the start of CoD's downfall before MW3 was even out... Rolling Eyes

Well, if you enjoy getting nube tubed, spawn killed, and taking 10 bullets to kill someone, then yea, MW3 is better

however, you saying "majority of FPS players seem to agree with me" is very inaccurate. Look at the user reviews for MW3, constant low scores because its nothing new. So actually, the tide is turning, if not, has already turned in favour of battlefield.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 pm

[quote="TheBlueArmy"]
Thimmy wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:Played the game at a friends house, glad I bought battlefield and not COD. COD is done for tbh

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a BF fanboy in recent time, considering that Battlefield might not ever reach the popularity of the CoD series. To each their own, though Smile

Whats so ridiculous about that statement? COD has had 2 bad games in a row. They haven't changed anything about the games. People are realizing that COD isn't that great. This is coming from someone who has been with COD since their very first game and predicted their rise of first person shooter supremacy.

Well, I don't think Battlefield is that great. I think it's too slow paced and I don't see how it's better than CoD in any way, unless realism, slightly better graphics, large terrains and mountable vehicles are things that you value in a FPS game. I thought Battlefield was a refreshing change of pace from CoD the first time I played battlefield 2, but at the end of the day, I find CoD significantly more entertaining to play. I've barely played BF3, but I like it better than BF 2 from what I've seen of it. Yet, CoD wins it again for me this year, and the majority of FPS players seem to agree with me, so I find it hard to believe that the series is done for. but that's just my objective opinion. I'm not going to tell people that BF sucks, just because it's not my cup of tea. Deep down, you should know that the CoD series is still the most successful game series in the history of games, even if you don't personally like it Smile I don't see any reason to devalue one or the other. Quite a lot of die-hard BF players predicted the start of CoD's downfall before MW3 was even out... Rolling Eyes

Well, if you enjoy getting noobtubed, spawn killed, and taking 10 bullets to kill someone, then yea, MW3 is better. Noobtube effective blast radius has been significantly decreased, and I don't think anyone considers it troublesome to deal with a noobtuber in MW3. Also, there's no One Man Army and Scavenger doesn't refill tubes anymore. I have yet to experience getting spawn killed, and I've played just about every online game mode. Don't know if they've fixed that, though. "taking 10 bullets to kill someone" - I'm not sure what you're referring to, and I don't really see any problem with that, considering it only takes 1-2 seconds to kill someone if you're aiming accurately. In the end, it all comes down to which type of game you prefer; the more realistic, slow-paced one or the less realistic fast-paced one. Take your pick and leave the other one alone Very Happy

however, you saying "majority of FPS players seem to agree with me" is very inaccurate. Look at the user reviews for MW3, constant low scores because its nothing new. So actually, the tide is turning, if not, has already turned in favour of battlefield.

The game's only been out for almost 2 days now. I don't know which reviewers you are referring to, but I know quite a lot of people who have played the game since its' release yesterday, and all of them like the game overall. Personally, I'm loving this game. I've played 2 player online with friends and family, Spec Ops Survival mode is fun, and I haven't even started on the campaign, yet Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/user-reviews/platform/xbox360?page=2

TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

It has a 2.6 user rating on metacritic.com

I have yet to play the game and probably won't purchase it, but it's for personal reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

I have yet to play the game and probably won't purchase it, but it's for personal reasons.
Yeah that rating really put me off... I'm having doubts about buying it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 pm

some of those ratings are way to harsh, however I think most are justified. its a $60 map pack for MW2. You can see in the review that people mention battlefield being better, or they got enough of COD and will try battlefield.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 pm

It's funny how the Battlefield fanboys are preaching that there is no difference between MW2 and MW3 when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 are 90% the same game.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:18 am

I think the game is shit tbh. Having played it even more, I realized it's just the same old shet. One of my biggest gripes with the game is that they decided to bring back quick scoping and the maps all very familiar to the old MW games...you have ur mandatory snow maps, the Iragi village maps and the same old urban street maps. guns all the same, perks all the same, barring a few tweaks here and there. I don't like it at all.

I think Black ops is better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:It's funny how the Battlefield fanboys are preaching that there is no difference between MW2 and MW3 when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 are 90% the same game.

I am not a fanboy of either game iam a Gears fanboy Very Happy

But i agree with this atleast on console anyway......

MW3 is everything MW2 should have been imo, its pretty much the most balanced COD in history imo i dont have a problem with any of the perks i dont see any overpowering guns( only level 34 mind so could change opinion)

It is basically an improved and balanced mw2 ( i really like the revamped KS system)

One could argue why would you pay £38 for an improved and balanced MW2?

Why do people buy Fifa and FM every year?

The improvement to those games are no bigger......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

I'm actually surprised that so many people rated it 0/10 or whatever. I don't agree about most of their reasons for not liking the game, though. A lot of them expected something unreasonable out of MW3. With that being said, I don't understand how those same "flaws" don't apply to Battlefield 3, seeing as it got a way higher rating on that site. Deus X is rated really highly there, as well. A game I didn't find that appealing. Oh well..
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 am

User rating means f*ck all with anygame anyway with all the fanboys on the internet.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:43 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:some of those ratings are way to harsh, however I think most are justified. its a $60 map pack for MW2. You can see in the review that people mention battlefield being better, or they got enough of COD and will try battlefield.

Good for you, lol.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 am

Won't buy it.

But maybe that is just cause i don't play anymore FPS lol Very Happy

Never been a fan of CoD and never will be, but that's just my personal opinion. The only FPS games I only ever got remotely into were the old Halo games and Counterstrike a bit.

But if I were to offer my opinion...never really judge by user reviews. Most of the time it's either extremists (or...title i give to people who judge things too harshly because they are dissapointed with their own exaggeratedly high standards), trolls (obvious trolls are obvious...and everywhere), or fanboys (who will obviously rate it down for ridiculous, fanboy reasons).

Go rent it, play it with a friend, or read official reviews if you want to accurately gauge whether or not you want a game.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am

"Only worth buying if you never got MW2", is what my friend said (after having bought it and owning MW2, too).

But realistically thinking, when a game is carrying the same name (Modern Warfare or why not FIFA or Battlefield etc) for the 3rd time in a row, can't really expect it to be a different game every time, can you 🐰
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:52 am

Anyone used that Type 95 assault rifle yet?

That thing is gonna get nerfed HHAAARRRDDDDDD in the next patch. You're K/D will go definitely go up if you use this gun (and you have good map knowledge)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:It's funny how the Battlefield fanboys are preaching that there is no difference between MW2 and MW3 when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 are 90% the same game.

:facepalm:

noone's saying that bf3 is a 100% new game with no reused features but ffs... mw3 is a 50 pound dlc/patch...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 am

che wrote:

:facepalm:

noone's saying that bf3 is a 100% new game with no reused features but ffs... mw3 is a 50 pound dlc/patch...

Nice job posting a video that compares the console version of Bad Company 2 (plus some console footage of BC1) and the PC version of BF3.
Because that's fair.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

bf3 console vs bf3 pc comparison is two clicks away...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

che wrote:bf3 console vs bf3 pc comparison is two clicks away...

Why would I want to see a comparison of two of the same game?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:43 pm

...because you can see how much bf3 on pc differs from bf3 on consoles and having already seen bf3 on pc compared with bc2 on consoles you'd be able to realize the massive difference between bc2 on consoles and bf3 on consoles?

if A is a lot better than B and C is slightly worse than A, logic dictates that B < C < A

please accept my sincere apologies for overestimating your intelligence, won't happen again
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Anyone used that Type 95 assault rifle yet?

That thing is gonna get nerfed HHAAARRRDDDDDD in the next patch. You're K/D will go definitely go up if you use this gun (and you have good map knowledge)

I've been using it, and yeah.. I can see why it needs to get nerfed Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Thimmy wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Anyone used that Type 95 assault rifle yet?

I've been using it, and yeah.. I can see why it needs to get nerfed Rolling Eyes

Why does it need a nerf?

Its a 3 round burst weapon if you nerf it anymore it will be outclassed by the automatics be it assault rifles or smgs......

Its not different to the Famas or M16 in MW2 and no one cried about them.

I'd leave as it is tbh, wont bother me if they do tho tbh i use the pp90 the most currently ( level 33 atm)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Actually it isn't like MW2. The maps are really different.

For now I prefer the MW2 maps because they're simple one side vs the other with a few buildings in between. There's a lot of notable maps like Highrise, Skidrow, Terminal, Invasion etc.

In MW3 maps there's a lot of distance to cover.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Ffs Battlefield trolls, theres only so much you can improve on using the same engine.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Ffs Battlefield trolls, theres only so much you can improve on using the same engine.

Besides its a totally different game in the way its played........

Its definitely not MW 2.5 atleast in gameplay its nothing alike the maps are much bigger and there are more choke points so theres still alot of action despite the increase in size.

Besides BF3, Gears 3, Uncharted 3 all hardly innovated at all they just continued what made the previous iterations great with improvements and more game modes and such like......

But some how COD is the only game that gets the hate, when nearly every sequel going is the same......

As i said before i dont really care for the cod series a great deal, Gears is the series i truly love but the hate it sometimes gets is lulz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next