RED
Yeezus
Albiceleste
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
30 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by lszanto Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 am

Anti-DNA wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I am gonna end up buying this game lol even though I tried to convince myself not to.
Trust me it's better than MW2 and more fun than BO

no OMA

no commando

no *bleep* KS (air)

love it already

Is it as good as the original MW?

I hated both black ops and mw2, thought they made classes and stuff overcomplicated with too many options etc.

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 am

lszanto wrote:
Anti-DNA wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I am gonna end up buying this game lol even though I tried to convince myself not to.
Trust me it's better than MW2 and more fun than BO

no OMA

no commando

no *bleep* KS (air)

love it already

Is it as good as the original MW?

I hated both black ops and mw2, thought they made classes and stuff overcomplicated with too many options etc.

I never played a heap of Cod 4 but I was just watching an online guide for MW3 and they said it plays like the CoD 4. But you still die quickly so thats more or less an element of MW2.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am

If the game was so good, ya wouldn't be on the forum posting about it :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 am

Loving this game. The Type 95 is brilliant. The only complaint I have is that the spawns can be bad sometimes.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 pm

ahhhh yes, spawn kills. An aspect to COD I don't miss at all
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Hearing it's better then MW2

which is good Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 pm

^^ Did you get it yet?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 pm

nah man, dont have time to play anything these days so not getting it just yet.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 pm

SRSLY THIS GAME IS WHAT MW2 SHOULD BE :bow:

/capslockoff
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm impressed with it so far.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:57 am

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/user-reviews

aha Razz The People love this game.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 am

Exceeded my expectations. Captain Price FTW Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 2 1502532831
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 am

Chad wrote:http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/user-reviews

aha Razz The People love this game.

O.O

i don't want to troll this thread but seriously... it's so unbelievably pathetic that activision are so blatantly paying reviewers to give them a positive score... the difference between "critic" reviews and user reviews is astonishing

and yes i realize that every big publisher does this but really... 9 review score vs 2.6 user score :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 am

When people say MW3 is just "DLC for MW2" and that the game hasn't changed.

I'm not sure what these people are expecting of MW3. If you're (not you Che) one of these people, can you just reel off a list of what you want to change in the game. Because all i've heard is that its the same game and no one has mentioned what should be added
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 am

I was going to buy this game tomorrow, but I am having serious doubts now lol. hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:37 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I was going to buy this game tomorrow, but I am having serious doubts now lol. hmm
Agreed. hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:40 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I was going to buy this game tomorrow, but I am having serious doubts now lol. hmm
Agreed. hmm

I have decided not to get the game lol. I will just get Skyrim. banana
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 am

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Still today the FPS that floats my boat <3

Newer isn't always better :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am

Played the game at a friends house, glad I bought battlefield and not COD. COD is done for tbh
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:33 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:Played the game at a friends house, glad I bought battlefield and not COD. COD is done for tbh

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a BF fanboy in recent time, considering that Battlefield might not ever reach the popularity of the CoD series. To each their own, though Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 am

Played MW3 at my mates house

Its fantastic, Much better then MW2, defo getting it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Thimmy wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:Played the game at a friends house, glad I bought battlefield and not COD. COD is done for tbh

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a BF fanboy in recent time, considering that Battlefield might not ever reach the popularity of the CoD series. To each their own, though Smile

Whats so ridiculous about that statement? COD has had 2 bad games in a row. They haven't changed anything about the games. People are realizing that COD isn't that great. This is coming from someone who has been with COD since their very first game and predicted their rise of first person shooter supremacy.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Played MW3 at my mates house

Would be helpful if you can tell me why it is so much better? Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Played MW3 at my mates house

Would be helpful if you can tell me why it is so much better? Very Happy
No more OMA & Commando (the overpowered perks)

no harrier that could rape your entire team

no stupid KS ending (nuke)

noob tube is like dead now Very Happy

no clusterfeck air KS

overall this is how MW2 should be :=)

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:19 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Whats so ridiculous about that statement? COD has had 2 bad games in a row. They haven't changed anything about the games. People are realizing that COD isn't that great. This is coming from someone who has been with COD since their very first game and predicted their rise of first person shooter supremacy.

Well, I don't think Battlefield is that great. I think it's too slow paced and I don't see how it's better than CoD in any way, unless realism, slightly better graphics, large terrains and mountable vehicles are things that you value in a FPS game. I thought Battlefield was a refreshing change of pace from CoD the first time I played battlefield 2, but at the end of the day, I find CoD significantly more entertaining to play. I've barely played BF3, but I like it better than BF 2 from what I've seen of it. Yet, CoD wins it again for me this year, and the majority of FPS players seem to agree with me, so I find it hard to believe that the series is done for. but that's just my objective opinion. I'm not going to tell people that BF sucks, just because it's not my cup of tea. Deep down, you should know that the CoD series is still the most successful game series in the history of games, even if you don't personally like it Smile I don't see any reason to devalue one or the other. Quite a lot of die-hard BF players predicted the start of CoD's downfall before MW3 was even out... Rolling Eyes

Here are some interesting quotes..

EA CEO Believes Call of Duty Will "Rot from the Core", Activision responds

Just how many Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 vs. Battlefield 3 posts can the mainstream gaming media handle? Apparently, not enough... especially when EA and Activision enjoy hitting each other with their giant dicks guns.

It was only yesterday when EA boss John Riccitiello suggested that the hardcore gamers will recognize that Battlefield 3 is obviously the superior product and thus the Call of Duty fanbase will "rot from the core":

The honest truth is I think Modern Warfare is going to be a really good game. I think that in a weird way it’s starting to feel a little to me like the Disneyland abstraction of a war game – a little bit jump the shark. So it feels a little bit like that to me. And I think there’s a market for that.

I think our game is more authentic. It’s definitely going to do a lot of things better. Lighting’s better, physics is better, animations are better, particle effects are better, vehicles are better. I think there’s a lot of things to like about our product and I think it’s going to be a great battle...

But he's not done yet, as he belittles Call of Duty Elite as merely a desperate shot of superiority by Activision:

The second thing is, I don’t know what’s in Elite right now, but based on what I’ve seen, I think they might’ve been better off holding the Elite thing and been a little more careful and show up a month after they’ve launched Modern Warfare 3. 'Hey, we’ve got an expansion pack. It’s going to be x amount of money, but if you give us y amount of money, you get extra stuff.' As opposed to leading with their chin.

But maybe there’s a reason they led with their chin. I think the reason they led with their chin is that they needed to say something against what was clearly a more powerful presentation of Battlefield 3 over Modern Warfare. So they needed something to say. I think they picked the wrong thing, but there’s a lot of months between now and November so they’ve got plenty of time to recover.

EA is well aware that it is highly unlikely that Battlefield 3 outperform the Call of Duty juggernaut this fall. Earlier EA COO Peter Moore explained the companies strategy in launching so close to Call of Duty, and its all about market share. The company believes that this strategy to steal market share from the industry leader will put EA in a position to steal back the shooter crown in the coming years.

"It's less about being second place. This is about taking market share. This is really about a long-term strategy in what we think is a very important shooter segment that has driven over the last few years multiple billions of dollars of revenue into the industry,...If you look at last year, you might argue that Call of Duty took maybe 90 percent of the market share. We think we can knock that down to 70 percent this year. We don't have to outsell Call of Duty to have a very successful year. This is a long-term strategy to be a major player, if not ultimately a dominant player in this industry. But it starts this year."

Activision's Eric Hirshberg has heard his rival's fighting words and, speaking at gamescom, explains how he doesn't see the point in all of EA's yappedy-yap:

We will not be spending time tearing down competitors; in fact, we're pulling for them. I want as many games as possible to succeed, whether we created them or not. When someone does something great, it benefits us all. This isn't politics. In order for one to win, the other does not have to lose. We shouldn't be tearing each other apart; if we act like there are an infinite number of gamers in the world, there will be.

Meanwhile, MW3's optional, buyable feature, Call of Duty Elite's servers are experiencing problems due to an excessive amount of traffic from a customer amount that far exceeds what Infinity Ward had hoped for. Yeah, they're done for alright! Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 pm

my man thimmy at its best
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next