G.Rossi out for 6 months. Who will replace him for Italy?

+6
Luca
zarola
Arquitecto
juve_gigi
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Tomwin Lannister
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

G.Rossi out for 6 months. Who will replace him for Italy? - Page 2 Empty Re: G.Rossi out for 6 months. Who will replace him for Italy?

Post by Luca Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

I guess it is Simone Pepe's time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

G.Rossi out for 6 months. Who will replace him for Italy? - Page 2 Empty Re: G.Rossi out for 6 months. Who will replace him for Italy?

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:We are talking about the Euro's aren't we?

Surely he will be playing for Juve by then and the probability is he will outshine Matri considering his superiority in comparison to him.

Ideally, he would be back by then.

The way things are going, no.

I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Matri. He's a bit more complete.

I don't mention him because he seems to be our 4th choice striker. Conte even played Del Piero as a lone striker rather than give Quags a game...

Who said miles? I simply said he is comfortably better due to the fact the general consensus is that he is and there is little way to deny it.

I really don't see the decision behind some of Conte's moves as after Vucinic, Quagliarella is simply the best CF you guys have.

I do hope Conte plays him for the sake of Italia as this is a responsibility he should acknowledge.

Quags has played on 9 different teams in the last 11 years, has never scored more than 13 goals in one year in Serie A and he's comfortably better than Matri, a player who scored 20 goals last year, 7 more than Quags ever scored in one year, and is currently tied for 7th place in Serie A scoring with 4 goals??

Who has ever stated that Quags is so much of a better player than Matri?? I have never recalled anyone in Italy ever saying this. Right now Matri is on form and should be recalled to the National team, especially with the injury to Rossi. This is a given I am sure. Howeveer, unless Quags miraculously starts to play every game and scores 15 goals this year, I highly doubt he will ever play in Euro 2012.

These points brought up are skewed.

You didn't differentiate the reasons Quags has shifted from team to team.

He left from Torino due to the fact the could not afford him and had to let him go.

In Udinese he was shifted to Ascoli simply for financial reasons again and to Sampdoria (where he was impressive) due to the same reason.

He was kept later on for 2-3 years in Udine with 2 impressive stints with one season with 14 goals and the other 21 in all competitions.

He then again was sold and this one to Napoli to 18 million and for the reason of financial problems.

So the fact that you named his shift to different clubs without its reasons is seriously flawed.

Do I have to count that more then half of his career he didn't even play as a CF or SS for that matter?

Or the fact he adds much more to his game then Matri does?

Matri's career before his stint at Milan was insignificant while Quags was always on the radar.

His stint at Cagliari was average at best with 38 goals in 131 apps while playing purely as a CF and a team build around him while Quags had a role which made it far more difficult to score.

BTW, Matri scored 11 of his 20 goals in Cagliari as you can see where I am going here.

Plus, Quags scored 12 goals in 17 starts at Juve in all comps.

While Matri did played less games but wasn't as impressive.

Bringing up stats is again skewed.

No one in Italia saying? Which world are you living in? Quags has been popular and admired in Italia for years while Matri was relatively unknown before his Juve stint.

The difference has to be seen when both of them are playing for their teams as its a general consensus that Quags is more effective for his team then Matri is due to his other qualities aside (better in big games, creativity, passing, movement,) from scoring while Matri is a goalscorer and not much else really.

Quags is a

Why are you comparing Matri to Quags this season when Quags hasn't even played a game?

And btw, Prandelli would be smarter to judge form based on other factors then just goal-scoring stats.

Matri played for a club (cagliari) with the ambition of finishing with the top 20 and aren't even a lower midtable team within the past 7 years.

Thats equals little pressure to perform while Quags played for Mid-tables like Samp, Udinese, and Napoli where the pressure was far higher then lowly cagliari.

You also fail to mention the fact that Quags was actually injured in Juve for more then half the season as god knows with his form what he would've done.

1 great season in Quags career? Do I have to bring up the fact that at Quags has had several more successful season then Matri who only had one good season and that in 2009 in Cagliari as before this he was a nobody.

Payed higher then Quags?

What the team that spent ludicrous amounts of money on failed signings season after season?

I guess since 'Pool payed 35 for Carroll, he must be much better then the ones below that price range by that logic.

There is a reason behind the fact he is called up for the Azzuri far more then Matri

Last edited by Arquitecto on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm

As a pure goal scorer Matri is better. You can't argue that. When I say he's slightly better I mean all round. Matri gets in better positions and gets more goals. Saying Quags is comfortably better is incorrect.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

They are different players
Quagliarella is a dynamic striker with a wider range, he can score from a number of positions
Matri is more of that box predator

In terms of Rossi not being there, honestly, Quagliarella makes a lot more sense but he won't get anywhere near a call up by being on the bench game in and game out

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:27 pm

zarola wrote:I think it's obvious Balotelli

And pazzini will be first choice sub and someone else will never play as sub.

That being said, with both Cassano and Balotelli starting with Milan and Man City we can start seeing a very dominate force. Cassano being fit and Balotelli being consistent. Prandelli's project was about rebuilding it around them two, and now is the perfect chance to implement it. But anyways, even if its 6 months, Rossi will be back in time.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

That being said, with both Cassano and Balotelli starting with Milan and Man City we can start seeing a very dominate force. Cassano being fit and Balotelli being consistent. Prandelli's project was about rebuilding it around them two, and now is the perfect chance to implement it. But anyways, even if its 6 months, Rossi will be back in time.

do we have no games until then ?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Luca wrote:They are different players
Quagliarella is a dynamic striker with a wider range, he can score from a number of positions
Matri is more of that box predator

In terms of Rossi not being there, honestly, Quagliarella makes a lot more sense but he won't get anywhere near a call up by being on the bench game in and game out

Quagliarella is more dynamic and I would agree that he has a similar style to Rossi except with pace being a bit slower, though to his advantage he has height.

But like I mentioned before, Quagliarella is concerened more of a CF and there are only two CF's avalaible with 2 SS roles. And the SS Prandelli looks for, is not quite what Quagliarella has.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm

zarola wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

do we have no games until then ?

Italy vs Poland
Italy vs Uruaguay in Rome
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:31 pm

TomJuve wrote:As a pure goal scorer Matri is better. You can't argue that. When I say he's slightly better I mean all round. Matri gets in better positions and gets more goals. Saying Quags is comfortably better is incorrect.

Matri is the better Prima Punta, Quag is not the best in Prima or Seconda. He's just good in both. Pretty much. Ideal Prima Punta's are like Toni, Iaquinta, Gila... and Ideal Seconda's are Di Natale, Cassano, Giovinco etc...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Do I have to count that more then half of his career he didn't even play as a CF or SS for that matter?

Matri's career before his stint at Milan was insignificant while Quags was always on the radar.

His stint at Cagliari was average at best with 38 goals in 131 apps while playing purely as a CF and a team build around him while Quags had a role which made it far more difficult to score.

BTW, Matri scored 11 of his 20 goals in Cagliari as you can see where I am going here.

No one in Italia saying? Which world are you living in? Quags has been popular and admired in Italia for years while Matri was relatively unknown before his Juve stint.

The difference has to be seen when both of them are playing for their teams as its a general consensus that Quags is more effective for his team then Matri is due to his other qualities aside (better in big games, creativity, passing, movement,) from scoring while Matri is a goalscorer and not much else really.

Quags is a

Why are you comparing Matri to Quags this season when Quags hasn't even played a game?

And btw, Prandelli would be smarter to judge form based on other factors then just goal-scoring stats.

Matri played for a club (cagliari) with the ambition of finishing with the top 20 and aren't even a lower midtable team within the past 7 years.

Thats equals little pressure to perform while Quags played for Mid-tables like Samp, Udinese, and Napoli where the pressure was far higher then lowly cagliari.

You also fail to mention the fact that Quags was actually injured in Juve for more then half the season as god knows with his form what he would've done.

1 great season in Quags career? Do I have to bring up the fact that at Quags has had several more successful season then Matri who only had one good season and that in 2009 in Cagliari as before this he was a nobody.

Payed higher then Quags?

What the team that spent ludicrous amounts of money on failed signings season after season?

I guess since 'Pool payed 35 for Carroll, he must be much better then the ones below that price range by that logic.

There is a reason behind the fact he is called up for the Azzuri far more then Matri

1) Him not playing either as an SS or CF makes it worst on his part as Matri actually has more experience and skill to be more of a better striker than he is even at being the younger striker

2) More of his game? When speaking of a CF, it's his job to find open space and score. Not to add more game, that's a Support striker's job or a Trequartista's job.

3) You pretty much mentioned that Matri reached his best at a later stage which is irrelavent. Presently or speaking about the last few years, Matri has grown to be the striker he is today.

4) Matri scored those goals in a midtable team and Quag scored them in a top club, in addition came to a poor Juventus and yet managed to score 9 more goals to his name making a spot to the top 5 goals scored in Serie A last season

5) Actually that is completely false, since 2009 many fans have asked for Matri. I can show you a video now of a fan angered with Quagliarella's call up to the world cup, so claiming he was popular with many is a false assumption. He was just admired like any other player. Though, Matri was in fact favored by many, even from where I am from...

6) For your information, goal scoring stats for strikers is what shows their form. If a striker does not score, how is his form suppost to be good? Take Osvaldo for example... a guy who scored many goals last season and scoring again for Roma, made up finally get a call up. Stats do matter.

7) Currently, Matri's value is higher than Quags. Meaning he is better. Value's prove who is better.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 pm

balotelli will probably start at euro then.. if we have two friendlies and rossi won't play then we go to euro he'll probably feel more comfortable using rossi as a sub to make sure he's fully recovered from his injury and it hasn't effected his chemistry or skill
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Yeah, who knows if Rossi will even be ready for the Euro, I hope he is

Anyways, Giovinco is playing at such a high level too which is good for Italy, more options in attack

Pleasantly surprised with Balotelli and Cassano and their brilliant starts to the season.

Matri, Quagliarella, Pazzini (who is ahead of them both it seems) all have decent shots I think

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

We'll have more friendlies... Zarola...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:We'll have more friendlies... Zarola...
yeah but he'll be back end of april beginning of May, IDK to me unless it was someone wicked important like Pirlo then I don't see why he would be rushed back into the starting XI, especially if in those friendlies within that period he's out Balotelli does well...

that's why I'm saying he prolly won't begin as a starter at Euro.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Many other options, but I dont his injury will be that severe...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:We are talking about the Euro's aren't we?

Surely he will be playing for Juve by then and the probability is he will outshine Matri considering his superiority in comparison to him.

Ideally, he would be back by then.

The way things are going, no.

I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Matri. He's a bit more complete.

I don't mention him because he seems to be our 4th choice striker. Conte even played Del Piero as a lone striker rather than give Quags a game...

Who said miles? I simply said he is comfortably better due to the fact the general consensus is that he is and there is little way to deny it.

I really don't see the decision behind some of Conte's moves as after Vucinic, Quagliarella is simply the best CF you guys have.

I do hope Conte plays him for the sake of Italia as this is a responsibility he should acknowledge.

Quags has played on 9 different teams in the last 11 years, has never scored more than 13 goals in one year in Serie A and he's comfortably better than Matri, a player who scored 20 goals last year, 7 more than Quags ever scored in one year, and is currently tied for 7th place in Serie A scoring with 4 goals??

Who has ever stated that Quags is so much of a better player than Matri?? I have never recalled anyone in Italy ever saying this. Right now Matri is on form and should be recalled to the National team, especially with the injury to Rossi. This is a given I am sure. Howeveer, unless Quags miraculously starts to play every game and scores 15 goals this year, I highly doubt he will ever play in Euro 2012.

These points brought up are skewed.

You didn't differentiate the reasons Quags has shifted from team to team.

He left from Torino due to the fact the could not afford him and had to let him go.

In Udinese he was shifted to Ascoli simply for financial reasons again and to Sampdoria (where he was impressive) due to the same reason.

He was kept later on for 2-3 years in Udine with 2 impressive stints with one season with 14 goals and the other 21 in all competitions.

He then again was sold and this one to Napoli to 18 million and for the reason of financial problems.

So the fact that you named his shift to different clubs without its reasons is seriously flawed.

Quags is a

Payed higher then Quags?

Although an impressive read, I think you failed to make the argument that Quags is the better player. You used every excuse in the book as to why Quags played on 9 teams in 11 years. And then you didn't even mention why he left his hometown team of Napoli, his dream team, after only one year? Why is that? Why did he leave Napoli? Cause he had a problem with the coach, that's why. I'm not saying Quags is a problem player or anything, but the fact of the matter is he had issues with his hometown club and can't even go back there if he wanted to.

As for Quags outperforming Matri and having many more callups, yes that is true earlier in his career, but that is certainly not true at the moment. Matri is in great form, was in great form last year, and most certainly will get a callup next time around. As for Quags getting called up, I don't actually recall him playing in that many games. I mean how much did he play in the 2010 World Cup? Of course he came on in that last game and played incredible in that short period of time scorng some great goals, but other than that he didn't even play. Same thing with his other callups.

I like Quags as a player but he is a tweener SS and CF. He is not really a great SS and not really a great CF, he is inbetween and can play both positions well but doesn't stand out at either position. That is why he won't get a callup going forward. Cause we already have better players at each position and there is no room for a tweener. As for Matri, he is a pure CF, a goal scorer and is great around the box. He is a different player than Quags and is a better pure CF. That is why he should make the national team for Euro 2012, as we need more pure goal scorers, especially with Rossi possibly out. I see Pazzini and Matri as our CF's and Cassano and Giovinco as our SS's and of course Balotelli can do both, but he will most likely start as our CF with Cassano as the SS.

I think you make some great points and I do like Quags as a player, but i just think at the end of the day he is a tweener SS/CF and doesn't really excel at either position.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 am

Giovinco is breing through the ranks, as is Balotelli. I think they should both start. Totti, Del Piero, and even Miccoli are too old and cant be relied on anymore, Cassano and Pazzini I dont think are good enough to be relied on but are good backups, Di Natale never really showed up for the national team, Quags isnt getying consistent playing time for Juve, and now Rossi is hurt. Who does that leave?

Giovinco
Matri Balotelli
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am

juventus101 wrote:Giovinco is breing through the ranks, as is Balotelli. I think they should both start. Totti, Del Piero, and even Miccoli are too old and cant be relied on anymore, Cassano and Pazzini I dont think are good enough to be relied on but are good backups, Di Natale never really showed up for the national team, Quags isnt getying consistent playing time for Juve, and now Rossi is hurt. Who does that leave?

Giovinco
Matri Balotelli

Why would Cassano, the current best of all three of those players, not start?
Its an interesting idea and it would be functional but Cassano is a guarantee

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:59 am

Luca wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Giovinco is breing through the ranks, as is Balotelli. I think they should both start. Totti, Del Piero, and even Miccoli are too old and cant be relied on anymore, Cassano and Pazzini I dont think are good enough to be relied on but are good backups, Di Natale never really showed up for the national team, Quags isnt getying consistent playing time for Juve, and now Rossi is hurt. Who does that leave?

Giovinco
Matri Balotelli

Why would Cassano, the current best of all three of those players, not start?
Its an interesting idea and it would be functional but Cassano is a guarantee

Yes, I believe that Cassano will start as the SS and hopefully Balotelli as the CF. I would also like to see Giovinco as the trequartista behind them in a 4-3-1-2, but unfortunately Prandelli is not playing him in that position. But I think Cassano is a lock right now to start and Balotelli is playing his way into the starting lineup as well. Can you imagine Balotelli, Cassano and Giovinco on the pitch at the same time though? That would be amazingly fun to watch. Maybe it will happen, who knows. With Pirlo behind them it could be a better lineup than 2006 WC...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 am

Giovinco
Matri Balotelli

No Cassano? Are you kidding me? :facepalm:

The whole project was in fact to rebuild the whole Italy squad around Balotelli and Cassano, not Matri. And since when is Matri an Ideal SS and also since when does Prandelli rely on two players?

Giovinco as a trequartista is not happening. Prandelli made it clear that he is a Seconda Punta.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:30 am

now while rossi may be fit and ready for the euro...i doubt cassano will
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:38 pm

giovanni_milan wrote:now while rossi may be fit and ready for the euro...i doubt cassano will

He might be overwieght... again
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 am

Quaglia now is a must,not necessarily as a starter,but with the possible absence of Cassano & Rossi,we need someone creative with the squad.(besides Gio of course)
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:29 pm

tareks wrote:Quaglia now is a must,not necessarily as a starter,but with the possible absence of Cassano & Rossi,we need someone creative with the squad.(besides Gio of course)

Who is "we" ? :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2