Arbeloa and Sagna

+6
Superstone Mariomintsch
SuperMAG
VanDeezNuts
Jack Daniels
ijomer
Zees
10 posters

Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Two best defensive RBs in the world. Love how Arbeloa plays. He's a wall on defense and makes all the correct runs to create width going forward.

I could care less at this point if his centering passes are not the best and he's not the most offensively gifted.

Arbeloa>>>Ramos at RB and it's not really all the close.

Ramos is also our best CB; so it works out great.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Zees Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm

sagna?
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 952
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Bacary Sagna... probably the best defensive RB out there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by ijomer Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 am

Arbeloa is the best defensive full back i can think of
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 am

I'd take Sagna over Arbeloa anyday TBH.

But Arbeloa is Spanish and i prefer Spanish players in Spanish teams. Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3262
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:22 am

there should be no question that sagna is better than arbeloa. he is better offensively and defensively.

arbeloa is not far behind however.

i have been all for arbeloa starting and pushing ramos in the middle for a long time now. i hope this formation continues.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by SuperMAG Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 pm

somehow i feel more safe with arbeloa then sagna, i dont like how arsenal concedes soo many goals, i dont know whoes foult is that, but sagna is in the backline.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1651
Join date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Sagna is 100x the defender and player Arbeloa is. The CBs and LB are very inconsistent for that team and often surrender goals on set pieces and errors. He basically takes the whole right side out of the picture. Imagine how bad it would've been if he wasn't there. With Mertesacker instead of Djourou or Squilacci, it's been a lot better this year. Of course, Sagna is now injured.

But my point was not making a direct comparison. It's just great to have someone at RB who is in the same conversation as the best defensive RB in the game. In the modern game, fullbacks are eulogized more for their offensive prowess... which is a shame to me. It sets a bad example.

I just like the fact that these two are old school... great defensively and fundamentally sound.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sagna is 100x the defender and player Arbeloa is. The CBs and LB are very inconsistent for that team and often surrender goals on set pieces and errors. He basically takes the whole right side out of the picture. Imagine how bad it would've been if he wasn't there. With Mertesacker instead of Djourou or Squilacci, it's been a lot better this year. Of course, Sagna is now injured.

But my point was not making a direct comparison. It's just great to have someone at RB who is in the same conversation as the best defensive RB in the game. In the modern game, fullbacks are eulogized more for their offensive prowess... which is a shame to me. It sets a bad example.

I just like the fact that these two are old school... great defensively and fundamentally sound.

Yes, although Cafu might have most World Cup caps, there's a reason why Djalma Santos is still considered the best Brazilian RB and arguably even the best RB. France traditionally have more offensive LB and more solid RB, how do you think Sagna compares to Amoros, Thuram, and Sagnol? Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by SuperMAG Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:34 pm

btw how good are kieran gibbs and abate in defence. strengths and weaknesses?

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1651
Join date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Sagna is 100x the defender and player Arbeloa is. The CBs and LB are very inconsistent for that team and often surrender goals on set pieces and errors. He basically takes the whole right side out of the picture. Imagine how bad it would've been if he wasn't there. With Mertesacker instead of Djourou or Squilacci, it's been a lot better this year. Of course, Sagna is now injured.

But my point was not making a direct comparison. It's just great to have someone at RB who is in the same conversation as the best defensive RB in the game. In the modern game, fullbacks are eulogized more for their offensive prowess... which is a shame to me. It sets a bad example.

I just like the fact that these two are old school... great defensively and fundamentally sound.

Yes, although Cafu might have most World Cup caps, there's a reason why Djalma Santos is still considered the best Brazilian RB and arguably even the best RB. France traditionally have more offensive LB and more solid RB, how do you think Sagna compares to Amoros, Thuram, and Sagnol? Very Happy

Thuram was one of the best RB ever imo and also at CB. In WC 1998, he was beaten on his side once... and he turned around and scored the only 2 goals of his life in that same game because he was so annoyed. Relentless.

Amoros was my second favorite RB because he was on my favorite France NT side (the Platini years). That group just played very sexy football. Their brand of football was so good that the Mexican crown in WC 1986 would chant "Francia!" every time we played other than the Brazil game... and they even changed it then once the game was over.

Sagna is one of the best ones currently... but nowhere in the league of of those two.

I don't rate Sagnol much compared to the others, although he was good.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Sagna is 100x the defender and player Arbeloa is. The CBs and LB are very inconsistent for that team and often surrender goals on set pieces and errors. He basically takes the whole right side out of the picture. Imagine how bad it would've been if he wasn't there. With Mertesacker instead of Djourou or Squilacci, it's been a lot better this year. Of course, Sagna is now injured.

But my point was not making a direct comparison. It's just great to have someone at RB who is in the same conversation as the best defensive RB in the game. In the modern game, fullbacks are eulogized more for their offensive prowess... which is a shame to me. It sets a bad example.

I just like the fact that these two are old school... great defensively and fundamentally sound.

Yes, although Cafu might have most World Cup caps, there's a reason why Djalma Santos is still considered the best Brazilian RB and arguably even the best RB. France traditionally have more offensive LB and more solid RB, how do you think Sagna compares to Amoros, Thuram, and Sagnol? Very Happy

Thuram was one of the best RB ever imo and also at CB. In WC 1998, he was beaten on his side once... and he turned around and scored the only 2 goals of his life in that same game because he was so annoyed. Relentless.

Amoros was my second favorite RB because he was on my favorite France NT side (the Platini years). That group just played very sexy football. Their brand of football was so good that the Mexican crown in WC 1986 would chant "Francia!" every time we played other than the Brazil game... and they even changed it then once the game was over.

Sagna is one of the best ones currently... but nowhere in the league of of those two.

I don't rate Sagnol much compared to the others, although he was good.

I see, it really is very nice to get insight from someone who really understands about it. :bow:
Anyway, what do you mean about that, did France play bad against Brazil or it's just the Latino connection? And what do you mean change it confused

Don't you think Sagnol is still better than Sagna, considering he was somehow still being mentioned as a top RB when the likes of Zanetti, Cafu, and Neville still around and he was the mainstay in france for more than 5 years?

Anyway, Thuram is the best balanced-enough RB I've ever seen :king: , even if I prefer Zanetti and Maicon more Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:35 pm

This superstone guy should post here more often.

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Zealous wrote:This superstone guy should post here more often.

:bow:

Hey rich and handsome fellow, I dont know what to post here man Sad I was almost totally ignored in the MRBIBTY section, I dont even have enough confidence to post Embarassed Ah nevermind, couple of words from a rich&handsome person has boosted my confidence ☀, but really what can and should I post to get response? :lol!:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch, come here we adopt you, where our amblem, such an awesome nickname

drinking
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Usually anything concerning Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Barcelona gets a response. Other than that, just post in topics you feel like posting. I for one, barely care about a response (unless it's from rich and successful posters or flying Russian spacemen or crayons)...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Sagna is 100x the defender and player Arbeloa is. The CBs and LB are very inconsistent for that team and often surrender goals on set pieces and errors. He basically takes the whole right side out of the picture. Imagine how bad it would've been if he wasn't there. With Mertesacker instead of Djourou or Squilacci, it's been a lot better this year. Of course, Sagna is now injured.

But my point was not making a direct comparison. It's just great to have someone at RB who is in the same conversation as the best defensive RB in the game. In the modern game, fullbacks are eulogized more for their offensive prowess... which is a shame to me. It sets a bad example.

I just like the fact that these two are old school... great defensively and fundamentally sound.

Yes, although Cafu might have most World Cup caps, there's a reason why Djalma Santos is still considered the best Brazilian RB and arguably even the best RB. France traditionally have more offensive LB and more solid RB, how do you think Sagna compares to Amoros, Thuram, and Sagnol? Very Happy

Thuram was one of the best RB ever imo and also at CB. In WC 1998, he was beaten on his side once... and he turned around and scored the only 2 goals of his life in that same game because he was so annoyed. Relentless.

Amoros was my second favorite RB because he was on my favorite France NT side (the Platini years). That group just played very sexy football. Their brand of football was so good that the Mexican crown in WC 1986 would chant "Francia!" every time we played other than the Brazil game... and they even changed it then once the game was over.

Sagna is one of the best ones currently... but nowhere in the league of of those two.

I don't rate Sagnol much compared to the others, although he was good.

I see, it really is very nice to get insight from someone who really understands about it. :bow:
Anyway, what do you mean about that, did France play bad against Brazil or it's just the Latino connection? And what do you mean change it confused

Don't you think Sagnol is still better than Sagna, considering he was somehow still being mentioned as a top RB when the likes of Zanetti, Cafu, and Neville still around and he was the mainstay in france for more than 5 years?

Anyway, Thuram is the best balanced-enough RB I've ever seen :king: , even if I prefer Zanetti and Maicon more Very Happy

Very pro-Brazil crowd cheered France at the end because it was truly a great game where both teams went at each other... I don't blame them. I was sad to see Brazil lose then because it was the last WC match for the likes of Zico and Socrates.

Sagnol... It's hard for me to rate him because the fullbacks back then were so good for France so he paled in comparison. You had Thuram on one side and Lizerazu on the other with Blanc and Desailly in the middle. He tended to look like crap compared to those guys. But then again, most would lol. I couldn't watch Bayern games because i was in the US.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
Zealous wrote:This superstone guy should post here more often.

:bow:

Hey rich and handsome fellow, I dont know what to post here man Sad I was almost totally ignored in the MRBIBTY section, I dont even have enough confidence to post Embarassed Ah nevermind, couple of words from a rich&handsome person has boosted my confidence ☀, but really what can and should I post to get response? :lol!:

:bow:

Join us friend, wear our crest and become a forum member elite Afro
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Well I have posted 14 Juve/RM/Arsenal/Barca-related topics in MRBIBTY and the ROR is 5/14, with most of the responses are from myself. You said usually, so am I that unusual scratch Mad Sad

Anyway, which emblem/crest should I adopt, St Germain or St Pauli?? Afro


Last edited by Superstone Mariomintsch on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Superstone you support Real?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Superstone you support Real?

No Very Happy , I was just roaming around and read interesting insight about french defensive full-backs. I like Ozil though, my favorite player along with David Silva, I just love those magical-chance-creating-machine (MCCM) types Cool
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:27 pm

I'd go with St.Pauli or maybe Levante.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Go with Levante...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Doc wrote:Go with Levante...
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa and Sagna Empty Re: Arbeloa and Sagna

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum