Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

+12
iftikhar
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
k_nana93
Nishankly
stevieg8
McAgger
MGNRomulus
Art Morte
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
RedOranje
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible. Empty Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Before, I explain my reasons, I shall say I absolutely love Kenny and what he's brought to the club, but I just can't help with this feeling that he hasn't handled Carroll situation fairly this season.

In beginning of the year, in August, Balotelli was on City's bench. Wasn't even getting minutes as a sub, to the point that when he scored vs Birmingham in CC, he didn't even celebrate, and Balo to AC Milan rumours were all over the place.

Man City were looking for a breakthrough vs Everton, and Mancini brought Balotelli on around 60th minute, and he scored the winner that game, and SINCE THAT GAME, he's been starting every game (Except CL ones for which he has been banned) and no surprise, he's been getting more confident every game, scoring in all those games, and look so happy and a totally different player now.
Mancini did the same with Milner, and he took his chance and now displace Nasri in their starting line up.

Same situation with Torres. He was on a horrible run of form, even Del Bosque excluded him from Spain's bench and warned him. Same with AVB. Then he started vs Leverkuseen in CL and made 2 assists despite missing 2-3 sitters. AVB kept him in the side vs United and he's kicked on from the faith he received from his manager

Meanwhile, Our Andy Carroll, comes and breaks his duck against Exeter in CC, and then gets dropped for the next 2 games ( Bolton and Stoke).

Then he plays a very good game vs Wolves, scores the winner away at Goodison Park, and we all think now he'll finally kick on being rewarded for his goal and his confidence will build from here. NOO

Instead he gets dropped for 2 consecutive home games.

--------------------------------------------------

I really think the way the management team has handled his situation has been very bad. I was watching Dirk yesterday, and he had a very poor game and offered no goal threat or presence whasoever, and yet it took us 80 minutes to introduce Andy in those 10 minutes he was more of a threat than Dirk showed at CF role for the 88 minutes.

This constant dropping of Carroll isn't doing neither side any favours....Kenny has a big decision to make.

I am dying for the lad to get a proper run...absolutely baffled that his reward of scoring a derby winning goal, was 10 minutes in our next 2 home games

Back to top Go down

Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible. Empty Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 am

I don't quite understand why a fan of Dortmund is so interested in Liverpool these days...

You really are perfect for tv, though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible. Empty Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Kick Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:25 am

RedOranje wrote:I don't quite understand why a fan of Dortmund is so interested in Liverpool these days...

You really are perfect for tv, though.

He has great English for a Dane as well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 am

Sepi wrote:Before, I explain my reasons, I shall say I absolutely love Kenny and what he's brought to the club, but I just can't help with this feeling that he hasn't handled Carroll situation fairly this season.

In beginning of the year, in August, Balotelli was on City's bench. Wasn't even getting minutes as a sub, to the point that when he scored vs Birmingham in CC, he didn't even celebrate, and Balo to AC Milan rumours were all over the place.

Man City were looking for a breakthrough vs Everton, and Mancini brought Balotelli on around 60th minute, and he scored the winner that game, and SINCE THAT GAME, he's been starting every game (Except CL ones for which he has been banned) and no surprise, he's been getting more confident every game, scoring in all those games, and look so happy and a totally different player now.
Mancini did the same with Milner, and he took his chance and now displace Nasri in their starting line up.

Same situation with Torres. He was on a horrible run of form, even Del Bosque excluded him from Spain's bench and warned him. Same with AVB. Then he started vs Leverkuseen in CL and made 2 assists despite missing 2-3 sitters. AVB kept him in the side vs United and he's kicked on from the faith he received from his manager

Meanwhile, Our Andy Carroll, comes and breaks his duck against Exeter in CC, and then gets dropped for the next 2 games ( Bolton and Stoke).

Then he plays a very good game vs Wolves, scores the winner away at Goodison Park, and we all think now he'll finally kick on being rewarded for his goal and his confidence will build from here. NOO

Instead he gets dropped for 2 consecutive home games.

I really think the way the management team has handled his situation has been very bad. I was watching Dirk yesterday, and he had a very poor game and offered no goal threat or presence whasoever, and yet it took us 80 minutes to introduce Andy in those 10 minutes he was more of a threat than Dirk showed at CF role for the 88 minutes.

This constant dropping of Carroll isn't doing neither side any favours....Kenny has a big decision to make.

I am dying for the lad to get a proper run...absolutely baffled that his reward of scoring a derby winning goal, was 10 minutes in our next 2 home games

I'm not sure I remember AVB dropping Torres because of poor form. He always had his backing.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 am

I was really surprised to see Carroll start on the bench against Norwich, but other than that I've been OK with Kenny's handling of the player.

Andy hasn't been in great form and I understand Kenny or any manager trying out different options then. In the end it's all about getting results and points.

But, I agree that much that starting Carroll on the bench against Norwich at home was a bit too much. We need him in the long run and it's no good keeping him on the bench in these games we are always going to be in control of.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

in that game there were at least 3-4 aerial attempts which Carroll would of easily got to/converted if he were in that position.

its actually aggravating to see such a great young player being benched consistently. I'm not going to question Kenny's choices, but if you score a goal the way Carroll did against Everton, you'd think to at least give him a starting role in the next match, his confidence must of been high after that goal, especially the importance of it.

As much as i don't like to say this, but as soon as Suarez started his little bitch fit on the field, that should of been the time to bring on Andy, although i would of liked to see the pair of them on the same field.

i agree with what Sepi said about Kuyt's Performance, but that's also due to lack of match time, Kuyt last season was a regular 1st team player, and now seems to get the occasional game.

the size of the squad is the reason for that, and it isn't easy to keep everybody at the club happy, but you'd think our decent 1st team players would get more game time.

MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I am gonna put it out there.

If Carroll doesn't start on Wednesday or against WBA, then I'd be truly sure that something is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of, and we could be in for another Robbie Keane situation in January.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Sepi wrote:I am gonna put it out there.

If Carroll doesn't start on Wednesday or against WBA, then I'd be truly sure that something is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of, and we could be in for another Robbie Keane situation in January.

Nah, we wouldn't recoup even half of the £35m transfer fee. Carroll is in Liverpool for the long haul.

And at the moment we simply are playing very fine without him in the XI, so it's relatively easy to bench him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

^
Yet we seem to gather more points with him starting.

Points >>> Playing very fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 pm

We were winning when Carroll was playing at the beginning of the season against the lower opposition.....I don't see the reason for Kenny to not play the same way we started
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:53 am

Look, I do agree that Kenny's decision not to start Carroll was a bit odd... but then Carroll played midweek against Rangers (odd decision as well). In any case, I feel that calling it "horrible" and going so over the top with reactions to it is unnecessary.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I disagree, Red... I think Kenny's handling of the squad this season in general has actually been fairly poor. The purpose of the summer signings this year, in my view, was to provide us with depth and a stronger ability to rotate the squad without losing much in quality, and instead of doing that - either to fit runs of form or to tactically match up with the opposition - he has consistently started the same players. This has been especially egregious with the summer signings, some of whom simply didn't deserve to remain in the side as long as they were and should have been dropped at some point along the way to be rotated back in and try and get a run of form going. Instead, we were treated to a long string of ineffectual performances from Hendo, a few devastating defensive ones from Adam (in games this forum was fairly in agreement he should not have been starting), and poor runs of form from both Downing and Carroll (with Carroll only being benched after looking good for the first string of games all season). Meanwhile, players who could be getting looks and providing different styles to the team (Maxi, Bellamy possibly, Coates, Spearing, and near the beginning of the year I'd have said Kuyt) have been left consistently on the bench instead of mixing things up and switching players around. Absolutely, man management is necessary and people must be kept happy, but that works for the bench players as well, and depth means nothing if these players aren't match fit after having been left out of the squad for months at a time.

I genuinely feel that with a little more thought going into the team sheet for each game, we could be a solid number of points higher up the table right now, and it's been frustrating watching the same players trot out each week waiting for that "breakthrough" where we finally play our first dominant game. Check the predictions thread... I've been anticipating it as much as Kenny, but it just doesn't seem to be as close around the corner as we think, and maybe some fresh blood is what's needed.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:35 pm

All im concerned is about the [ as i said earlier ] that kenny isnt rotating. He sticks with 11 players and plays them week in, week out and even midweek.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, it hasn't been _that_ many games yet, but I sort of agree on the lack of rotation point. Maxi and Spearing especially should have deserved a league start by now, with their good form late last season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 pm

The same folks that bashed Rafa for rotating too much now seem to be upset we aren't rotating 5 players a match... lovely.

Considering the number of signings made in the past two windows, the transition to a new coach and style of play, and general movement inside the club I fail to see how anyone could have expected us to be anywhere near our best before mid-December. It's utter nonsense to expect everyone to settle in immediately and for the side to begin performing without a feeling out period.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_nana93 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Tbh i do like Carroll but he has had plenty of chances to impress. When called upon he hasn't produced..it's as simple as that....but on the other hand he is young and improving. I think we'll see the real Carroll in 1-2 years time
k_nana93
k_nana93
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

k_nana93 wrote:Tbh i do like Carroll but he has had plenty of chances to impress. When called upon he hasn't produced..it's as simple as that....but on the other hand he is young and improving. I think we'll see the real Carroll in 1-2 years time

Welcome to the forums !!! bounce

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 am

Carroll needs atleast a season to fit into our team.Why on earth are we talking about keane situation just 8 games into the season :brickwall:

Just look at strikers similar to Carroll bought for big money previously Gomez and Drogba.They needed more than a season to show their form.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

22 years old.

He's younger than Art, Beautiful, and me. That really ought to put things into perspective a bit.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 am

I won't go much in depth to his caliber but it amazes how some have been on his shoulder & now are on Kenny's for not playing him. . . the guy is young & hasn't lived up to expectations so Kenny is taking it slow . . not much of a big deal for me! What I am more worried about is the fact that Suarez has been missing opportunities. . which to be fair to the Maestro are only chances because he created them!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 am

RedOranje wrote:22 years old.

He's younger than Art, Beautiful, and me. That really ought to put things into perspective a bit.

Thanks Red. Nice way of making me feel ancient Suspect
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

6 of Suarez' 7 goals this season have been scored with Carroll on the pitch.

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 am

Most of our wins have come with Carroll starting :shisha:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 am

4 starts is it for Carroll?

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:08 pm

RedOranje wrote:22 years old.

It's facts like this that I still can't get over. affraid I'm getting old.

In any case, it's a very valid point and the predominant reason I simply refuse to write off Carroll. He's not fully developed yet. In fact, his size and strength are that of a player several years older, and I believe they cause some to think of him as a fully developed footballer. In reality, he's still very much a kid. Give him time (and the opportunities) to develop.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next