McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

Art Morte wrote:
ynwa wrote:Cole, Poulsen, Jova, El Zhar, Degen, PFK and AA all have to go. They're killing the wage bill.

Poor poor Meireles. Get's paid as if he's cheap labour compared to flops, then gets shipped off after an impressive season. Also stated he wants to be here for 10+ years. Neutral

That's how it sometimes goes, business can be ruthless. Meireles is 28-years-old, if we want to get any money from his sale, now it's the time to act. Business-wise it makes perfect sense; let's buy players young and sell them on when they've still got resale value, not when they're already 30+. I don't want to sell - or at least didn't want - Meireles, but seeing that we're buying these younger midfield players, now it's edging closer to simply being the smartest thing to do to let go of one of the older midfielders. Money doesn't grow in trees.

Those deadwood players killing the wage bill are starting to worry me more as each week passes without any news about their departure...

We are not a selling club.We are in to win silverware.Selling ur better players so before their value declines is the attitude of a selling club like Udinese.How many times have u seen United or chelsea do this? Never.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 am

Cristiano Ronaldo?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
ynwa wrote:Cole, Poulsen, Jova, El Zhar, Degen, PFK and AA all have to go. They're killing the wage bill.

Poor poor Meireles. Get's paid as if he's cheap labour compared to flops, then gets shipped off after an impressive season. Also stated he wants to be here for 10+ years. Neutral

That's how it sometimes goes, business can be ruthless. Meireles is 28-years-old, if we want to get any money from his sale, now it's the time to act. Business-wise it makes perfect sense; let's buy players young and sell them on when they've still got resale value, not when they're already 30+. I don't want to sell - or at least didn't want - Meireles, but seeing that we're buying these younger midfield players, now it's edging closer to simply being the smartest thing to do to let go of one of the older midfielders. Money doesn't grow in trees.

Those deadwood players killing the wage bill are starting to worry me more as each week passes without any news about their departure...

We are not a selling club.We are in to win silverware.Selling ur better players so before their value declines is the attitude of a selling club like Udinese.How many times have u seen United or chelsea do this? Never.

Selling clubs most of the time don't buy expensive players at all. We do.
Plus there's the fact that while Meireles has been impressive, he has by no means looked irreplacable in my eyes. We can replace him immediately; selling clubs don't look to replace their sold superstars immediately.

I don't think we create enough revenue to be able to buy expensive players and not sell any of them on for big bucks. Most of them we can keep through their prime and until they're worth less than 10m, but I think it's only smart to look to sell some of them on while they've still got value.

Edit. And I don't believe this will diminish our silverware-chances, because those monies we receive from selling "Meireleses" we can re-invest in "Hendersons" - a few of which we can again sell on after some years. And so the cycle keeps going.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

Quotes getting too big...

Selling clubs most of the time don't buy expensive players at all. We do.
Plus there's the fact that while Meireles has been impressive, he has by no means looked irreplacable in my eyes. We can replace him immediately; selling clubs don't look to replace their sold superstars immediately.

I don't think we create enough revenue to be able to buy expensive players and not sell any of them on for big bucks. Most of them we can keep through their prime and until they're worth less than 10m, but I think it's only smart to look to sell some of them on while they've still got value.

Edit. And I don't believe this will diminish our silverware-chances, because those monies we receive from selling "Meireleses" we can re-invest in "Hendersons" - a few of which we can again sell on after some years. And so the cycle keeps going.

I agree to most of that. But what's the point of buying a player for the future only to sell him in his prime? I don't see it.

We were a selling club under G+H...

"I hope we don't become a selling club in the future and sell most of our players in their prime."
Key words in red.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:20 pm

RedOranje wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo?

Ronaldo desperately wanted to go and Madrid offered a price which United simply cant refuse.If we sell Meireles for a huge profit like 20mil i wont complain.But if we sell for the price quoted in the press(13mil) i will be dissapointed.

Not saying its a wrong decision as dont know we will replace him with or how we will play(formation) next season but just hugely dissapointed.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:29 pm

ynwa wrote:I agree to most of that. But what's the point of buying a player for the future only to sell him in his prime? I don't see it.

Not all of them, just those few on whose occasions it looks feasible. I think Meireles' case is one, now that we've bought Henderson and apparently Adam. Squad size also plays a part; if we want those young midfielders (in this case MFs), we need to let go of some other MF players. And I feel like I'm ranting on for too long now x), but there's also the aspect that I don't think we'd buy Meireles today, if you know what I mean, we've taken a bit different direction player-trading wise than what it was when Raul was signed. Maybe our guys in charge feel a little that Meireles is not completely a part of their concept.

But hey, he hasn't been sold yet, let's see what happens Razz
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Nishank wrote:The Mirror is reporting that Lennon is on our Radar..

what utter bollocks! what happened to Downing! what happened to the mystery car! Shocked

It is saying we will go for Lennon after signing Downing.Agree with utter bollocks though.

now even Goal.com is talking about! (where do they get this Shocked ) . .

however the sad thing is its all over twitter that Barca might be missing out on Sanchez . .which might suggest they would go for Mata & if so can't see Mata not wanting to go to Spain (with Messi) lineup . .it would be a sad i tell you . . when we see Lennon being our TOP PRIORITY Shocked & Mata sign for Barca Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:42 pm

^ Won't happen. Calm down.

Anyone else think we should get Thiago as Raul's replacement? I'd rather him over Adam too. cheers
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:46 pm

ynwa wrote:^ Won't happen. Calm down.

Anyone else think we should get Thiago as Raul's replacement? I'd rather him over Adam too. cheers

Thiago . .naaah Barca ain't letting him go Razz with Cesc not looking to go this season (most likely)!

anyhow what happened to Wickham? he should be back . . Surprised
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:52 pm

If Barca get Cesc, there's no way they can afford Mata too. They'd sell Thiago/Bojan, we'll agree with Mata privately and sign them both (Mata + Thiag). Very Happy

I'm allowed to dream red. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:54 pm

ynwa wrote:

Anyone else think we should get Thiago as Raul's replacement?

mate it just cant happen...

Barca knows very much what a gem they've got, they wont let him go.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:58 pm

nj wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Anyone else think we should get Thiago as Raul's replacement?

mate it just cant happen...

Barca knows very much what a gem they've got, they wont let him go.

He'd run away if Cesc went to Barca. bounce
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Barca will go for Rossi if they miss out on Sanchez IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 pm

so any mysterious activity up in Melwood today?? Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:02 pm

lol now rumors Barca will go for Aguero if they cant get Sanchez
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:08 pm

i don't know they seem to be very determined to turn the club into the Spanish National side with Messi as the official Mascot Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:40 pm

How serious is this Raul rumor!!! Did any credible media (online, print or electronic) carry it!!!

Frankly, this defies any logic. He is talented, works hard, got another 3-4 years, settled, commited.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 pm

now where is everyone! ! the silence is getting prolonged! Surprised
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:05 pm

I'm here guys. Just reading. Absolutely got no itk info or rumor. so keep it coming guys Thumbs up

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:23 am

Daily Fail really trying to sell papers now, cranking out the bullshit by the truckload.

Chelsea in for Turan

Arsenal Bid for Mata
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:00 am

I heard from a reliable source we are swapping Meireles and Aquilani for Iniesta.

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 am

RedOranje wrote:Daily Fail really trying to sell papers now, cranking out the bullshit by the truckload.

Chelsea in for Turan

Arsenal Bid for Mata

I have a feeling Valencia might be leaking these rumors to force the likes of City to enter the bidding as they are locked in Sanchez.If its only Arsenal we can always out bid them.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 am

Courtesy of a soccernet update from various sources... Villarreal are on the verge of signing Zapata, Roma is willing to go 20 mil for Clichy, Downing needs to put in a transfer request for AV to let him go, and the listing of Meireles was due to a dispute over his wage rise, not just due to an excess of players.

Great news all around. Neutral
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:21 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-close-on-adam-and-downing-2303271.html

various reports suggesting that Shelvey would be on loan to Blackpool & part of the Adam deal. . Downing to hand in a transfer request in order to speed up the move to LFC . .Adam is almost done (haven't we heard that a lot Razz)
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 am

stevieg8 wrote:Courtesy of a soccernet update from various sources... Villarreal are on the verge of signing Zapata, Roma is willing to go 20 mil for Clichy, Downing needs to put in a transfer request for AV to let him go, and the listing of Meireles was due to a dispute over his wage rise, not just due to an excess of players.

That Clichy rumor is BS.Not sure about others.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Courtesy of a soccernet update from various sources... Villarreal are on the verge of signing Zapata, Roma is willing to go 20 mil for Clichy, Downing needs to put in a transfer request for AV to let him go, and the listing of Meireles was due to a dispute over his wage rise, not just due to an excess of players.

That Clichy rumor is BS.Not sure about others.

Yeah, I figured it was, considering we've been discussing 5-10 on this forum.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next