McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:18 am

Let Young go to United....I much rather prefer Dzsudzsak/Podolski/Hazard along with Mata.....And Downing, please I thought we wanted to improve the squad, should've kept Babel instead of going for this injury prone guy

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 am

Messiakanino wrote:Let Young go to United....I much rather prefer Dzsudzsak/Podolski/Hazard along with Mata.....And Downing, please I thought we wanted to improve the squad, should've kept Babel instead of going for this injury prone guy

Injury prone?

He's played 40+ games a season for 5 years in a row except 09-10 season when he had 35 games.

and He is a much much better winger than Babel.

[waits for someone to mention his miss yesterday]

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 am

Well sounds good, but wouldnt young prefer a liverpool, because he can prob play more games, his going to compete with nani an valencia for a starting spot, where here he can steal a spot easy, transfer sound promising, from what ive heard i really do hope we sign mata, alot of people rate the guy. whats our cb options or lb options, we really need a lb, is enrique the most realistic target, is he lfc quality csan he attack like johnson?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 am

I'm hoping the lack of rumors regarding a left back is a good sign. Hopefully something is going on behind closed doors. We really need that position addressed. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 am

Messiakanino wrote:Let Young go to United....I much rather prefer Dzsudzsak/Podolski/Hazard along with Mata.....And Downing, please I thought we wanted to improve the squad, should've kept Babel instead of going for this injury prone guy

Babel is always potential like Aquilani . I wonder whether if he will ever live up to that . Downing is a proven performer . Also Babel isnt a winger in the true sense . Always trying to cut in . Dowing has a good delivery and decent pace . And as Sepi said certainly not injury prone .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 am

poolsupporter wrote:I'm hoping the lack of rumors regarding a left back is a good sign. Hopefully something is going on behind closed doors. We really need that position addressed. I'd prefer it sooner rather than later.

Newcastle are close to signing Swansea's left back . Probably a sign Enrique is coming to us
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:44 am

Can Enrique attack?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 am

mr-r34 wrote:Can Enrique attack?

Can Enrique defend? That interests me more.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:47 am

Enrique is like a left-footed Arbeloa...I think that's a fair comparison

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 am

Sepi wrote:Enrique is like a left-footed Arbeloa...I think that's a fair comparison

So he does the job but isn't really noted for either his attack or defense. As long as he can put in some consistent performances, I'll be happy.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 am

Sepi wrote:Enrique is like a left-footed Arbeloa...I think that's a fair comparison

Dont like that tbh, avg isnt good enough, but its a great deal better then what we have now, im just wondering is there any other options besides him, i know conterao is madrid bound
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 am

Not too many options around especially with Coentrao whoring himself to Mou, and Lyon clinching CL spot.

It's a safe option and we have Kelly, Jonno, Flanno and Robbo who are all capable of playing LB just in case.

Signing Jones + attacking players is more important to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:06 am

He has more pace than Arbeloa and far better delivery . I cant really remember Arbeloa swinging in any good crosses but but Enrique is good at that . Also pretty strong so wont get muscled of the ball .

Probably not as good at defending as Arbeloa ( but who is ?) but certainly better than him when attacking IMO .

Maybe immaculate_mole can give a better description of him ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:06 am

Sepi wrote:Not too many options around especially with Coentrao whoring himself to Mou, and Lyon clinching CL spot.

It's a safe option and we have Kelly, Jonno, Flanno and Robbo who are all capable of playing LB just in case.

Signing Jones + attacking players is more important to me.

Really?

The one thing which has been rather apparent this season is that with the right coach and tactics, we can still score well.

I'm more worried about our defense next season, TBH. The few performances from Johnson, Robinson, etc. do not warrant a starting place in the LB position. Eventually in time, their weaknesses will be showcased, just like Insua.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:21 am

there were some rumors suggesting that we have given up on Enrique simply because the price Newcastle are asking for . .i saw the amount rumored to be around 15m pounds. . which if true is ridiculous!

Also Daily Mail has a pretty confident tone in suggesting that out deal with Conor Wickham & Henderson is almost done . .then again its Daily Mail Razz

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394618/Jordan-Henderson-sign-Liverpool.html?ITO=1490
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 am

One luxury we cant afford is waiting for a player for another year as we are rebuilding . Otherwise we could simply wait for enrique for another season which we cant as we want to break into top 4 ASAP . So sometimes we have to pay over the odds to get players . So no point in worrying about prices .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 am

Sepi, Put this in your first post please..

Transfers In-
Alex O'Hanlon (St Kevin Boys) - Undisclosed

Transfers Out-
Dean Bouzanis - Released

Edit the first post and make it like in the previous forums..Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 am

Apparently Henderson is set for a Liverpool Medical..

next 48 hours are going to be exciting..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 am

^ Source please? Or is this twatter?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 am

ynwa wrote:^ Source please? Or is this twatter?

Its on a paper im trying to find it... One sec..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:58 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jordan-Henderson-of-Sunderland-subject-of-new-18-5million-bid-article744665.html

Yeah, Im confident that Henderson will be confirmed by Thursday..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 am

18.5m seems too much for me. I'd rather Charlie Adam. >.>

What's this mean for Shelvey now?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

ynwa wrote:18.5m seems too much for me. I'd rather Charlie Adam. >.>

No idea about him or Spearing.

If we sign Henderson, Then i hope we don't sign Adam or Cattermole or McCarthy.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 am

Dissapointed if we get Henderson for that much.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:17 am

ynwa wrote:18.5m seems too much for me. I'd rather Charlie Adam. >.>

But Henderson and Shelvy play different positions . Henderson plays on RW or right midfield ( Gerrard ) and Shelvy has so far only played as an AM . Also Shelvy needs a loan spell as he isnt first team material imo .

1 argument i would say for Henderson vs Adam is age . Henderson is only 20 and can become Gerrard replacement in 2,3 years when Gerrard becomes a squad players. Adam will be 28 by then . Also maybe Henderson being versatile may have tilted in his favour .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 am

Henderson & Downing!!! Seriously!!! For that price!!!

How good is this Henderson kid!!! If we are going to pay 10, 15 or 18.5 million (now wait a sec, is this euro or GBP!!!) he has to be a huge (I mean HUGE) improvement over Shelvy, is he!!! And all that for a position where we have some cover.

Downing is alright. But I would have preferred Albrighton, specially for the price mentioned. I think ManU is going to pay similar amount for Young and Mata or Jonson would have cost marginally more.

I'm not complaining, just a bit distraught.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next