xabi
The Verminator
Sir Psycho
Ganso
FC_Hollywood
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The most underrated defensive midfielder - Page 2 Empty Re: The most underrated defensive midfielder

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am

teamanarchy wrote:I know you will point out my bias here, but I gotta say, NOBODY ever heaps the praise on Khedira... the guy has a work rate like no other, and when he's off the pitch, you notice the difference. Plus, when he goes forward he creates a lot of trouble.
Also, I agree that Gago is incredibly underrated.
Outside of my biased view, I think people forget what Lee Catermole does and I think, despite that he isn't amongst the top, he is a quality premier league player

Can't wait til he joins Milan!

BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The most underrated defensive midfielder - Page 2 Empty Re: The most underrated defensive midfielder

Post by che Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:57 pm

The Verminator wrote:How about Song? When this guy actually stays back, he is an absolute beast, yet some people on this forum think he's a joke

that's because he doesn't stay back as often as a proper dm is supposed to... of course people are going to criticize him when he's supposed to be the most defensive midfielder at arsenal but spends 40 minutes every game loitering in the opponent's penalty area

@ op, mehmet topal
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Sven Bender :coffee:

Totally overshadowed by Lars, even though he might be a bit better.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Busquets or Lucas.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Song and Lucas Leiva.

Song gets criticized for going forward even though he is instructed to do so lol. Just because he has the ability to go forward (with very good effect, mind you) doesn't mean he's crap at the back. His absence is noticed once he's off the pitch. Underrated doesn't even begin to describe him. Getting criticized for following instructions :facepalm:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:56 pm

teamanarchy wrote:I know you will point out my bias here, but I gotta say, NOBODY ever heaps the praise on Khedira... the guy has a work rate like no other, and when he's off the pitch, you notice the difference. Plus, when he goes forward he creates a lot of trouble.
Also, I agree that Gago is incredibly underrated.
Outside of my biased view, I think people forget what Lee Catermole does and I think, despite that he isn't amongst the top, he is a quality premier league player

He is a walking red card liability.I dont think he even deserves to start for Sunderland.Vaughan is a better player than him.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Lee Cattermole is awful lmao.......

Karl Henry is a quality player if kicking people is the requirement to be " quality" these days.......

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:02 pm

How is Lee Cattermole even recognised as a footballer? Let alone being called underrated. If you want some insecure, ill-tempered, useless CM that can't pass, shoot or tackle and only picks up cards then Lee Cattermole is for you.

Underrated. Mad
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Walter Gargano....beast of a DM.

Gary Medel as well. Though I've seen him more for Chile than for Sevilla.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:01 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
The Verminator wrote:How about Song? When this guy actually stays back, he is an absolute beast, yet some people on this forum think he's a joke

I hanged out with Song 2 weeks ago.

that makes 2 people on this site (goal.com) that have. how was it?

It was cool his a nice guy, he look much more finer, younger and bigger when you see him in person , I have some pictures we took together.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Lorik Cana!!

Guy is an absolute beast. No nonsense, hard tackling DM who can also slot in at CB comfortably. Never gets mentioned on this forum... probably because offensively he is terrible, but who cares?

I remember about three years ago when he was linked with Arsenal, we were lacking steal and toughness in our midfield as I think Gilberto had recently departed and Song was still young... he wouldn't have fit well in our system as he is not a good passer of the ball, but damn is he tough. Guy doesn't take shit from everyone. And I don't even think he even knows how to dive/play act....

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Not a DM though.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
Ganso wrote:Luis Gustavo-Lucas Leiva

2014 WC winning DMs :coffee:
Fernandinho

Is he really a DM? Fernando of Porto deserves a shoutout.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Gerardo Torrado. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:42 pm

I wonder... how did I know who it was before clicking on the thread? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:

Fernandinho

Drives up the field more than your standard defensive midfielder, but still functions well in the double pivot.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:52 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:

Fernandinho

Drives up the field more than your standard defensive midfielder, but still functions well in the double pivot.

Yeah, I knew he was more Offensively oriented. Looks like he learned how to Defend in Ukraine.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2