Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe.

+16
Luca
Kingofeverythingclassy
Tomwin Lannister
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forza
Onyx
Vlad the Impaler
nh01
chinomaster182
McAgger
red&blacklegion
kiranr
Dnmac4
Le Samourai
The Messiah
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. Empty Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe.

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:46 am

First of all after seeing this post by the most rational admin (only 2nd to Rwo Power) I was impressed and have decided to cut short my boy-cut, as you can see glory hunter sluuuut has beeen taken out of my account and that was the reason why I stopped posting but nevertheless The Messiah is here again and better than ever.

Bayern section is about to wake up from dead, since I left it has been a graveyard but soon people, it will be like a motorway on a busy Monday.

RealGunner wrote:
The Messiah wrote:Congrat Bayern for pulling this transfer off, it a happy day for Bayern fans but as for me this is my last post on this forum, the admin has disrespect my far too much, first they included glory hunter sluuut on my profile, 2nd the deducted 25% from my account, it's obvious that I am no longer wanted here and before I am banned it is better for me to take a walk by myself.

I have tried as much as I can to bring fun to this forum and to be creative in my own way, but since this forum hates Bayern and the way I have been treated by the amin, I will no longer stand for it.

Bye anyone that is concerned and I wish for the best for Bayern.

Hey C'mon now man. It's just messing around. No one wants you to leave. We value everyone in here and that thing under the avatar was just what we do to mess around with the posters.

I'll take it off

Straight to the point now, people say all such of things, like for example how Lucas is the best DM, Bouquet, Vidal ect but I tell you what..? that is because they have not consistently watch Gustavo, I have travelled in time, to the moon, to the sun, I was in Jupiter and out of our galaxy in search of the best Defensive midfielder since the universe created big bang or since the big bang created the universe(any which way) what I've found out is that he Gustavo is the fastest DM and most versatile DM on the surface of earth, I know we purchase Martinez for 40million but it was nothing but luxury, currently Gustavo and Toni Kroos are the best DM combo in the Game, next to them are Martinez and Schweinstieger, they are like to us what Abraham was to the ark, when he built the ark in 7days. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. IbcObhuxzY0jJ5Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. Tumblr_m9qmtfmdE41r0mg87o3_250

Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. 1071863550-bayern_vfb.9

Last edited by The Messiah on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:22 am; edited 9 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. Empty Re: Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe.

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:52 am

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe. Empty Re: Best Defensive midfielder in the Universe.

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:00 am

Roman Neustadter is the best defensive midfielder in Bundesliga.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 am

Since were not allowed to call Yaya Toure a Defensive Mid anymore for whatever reason even though he plays there until City are in trouble and then Mancini throws him furthur up the pitch and he wins the games for them either scoring or assisting or just plain bossing the other team around.

But anyways, he is the most versatile Defensive Mid in the world, not Gustavo.

And yes I still call him a Defensive Mid because he plays there for about half the game until Mancini realizes he's the best all around player in the league like I said before and needs him to win him games/trophies.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:34 am

Dnmac4 wrote:Since were not allowed to call Yaya Toure a Defensive Mid anymore for whatever reason even though he plays there until City are in trouble and then Mancini throws him furthur up the pitch and he wins the games for them either scoring or assisting or just plain bossing the other team around.

And yes I still call him a Defensive Mid because he plays there for about half the game until Mancini realizes he's the best all around player in the league like I said before and needs him to win him games/trophies.

Yaya Toure is different from Gustavo, he is not a destructive defensive midfielder, when I say Gustavo is the best DM I mean he's the best destructive defensive midfielder but I think when it comes to Offensive DM's Toni Kroos is ahead of Yaya Toure, people don't just know it yet.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:37 am

People don't know it yet, because Kroos has not shown it yet. He has the ability and he is still young, so Kroos could become better than Yaya, but he is not now.

And i agree with Dnmac. Yaya does play in the defensive pivot most of the time and he is the most versatile DM currently, probably the best in that regard.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:43 am

For me Inler is the best current DM in the world.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 am

kiranr wrote:
People don't know it yet, because Kroos has not shown it yet. He has the ability and he is still young, so Kroos could become better than Yaya, but he is not now.

And i agree with Dnmac. Yaya does play in the defensive pivot most of the time and he is the most versatile DM currently, probably the best in that regard.

Do you know when it comes to versatility Kroos can play as DM/CM/LW/AM and can operate as goal-threat or assist, advance play-maker or deep-play-maker.

As for Gustavo he can play as LB/CB/DM/CM.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 am

Lucas without a shadow of a doubt :coffee: The truth shall set you free in about 8-9 weeks when he returns from injury.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Lucas without a shadow of a doubt :coffee: The truth shall set you free in about 8-9 weeks when he returns from injury.

Lucas hasn't played for over a year and you still compare him to the best defensive Midfielder in the world, Toni Gustavo
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 am

The Messiah wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:Since were not allowed to call Yaya Toure a Defensive Mid anymore for whatever reason even though he plays there until City are in trouble and then Mancini throws him furthur up the pitch and he wins the games for them either scoring or assisting or just plain bossing the other team around.

Yaya Toure is different from Gustavo, he is not a destructive defensive midfielder, when I say Gustavo is the best DM I mean he's the best destructive defensive midfielder but I think when it comes to Offensive DM's Toni Kroos is ahead of Yaya Toure, people don't just know it yet.

I don't consider Busquets or Vidal to be destroyers either, but you mentioned them in your first post.

I'd say its Yaya Toure if he can be considered as a DM these days. If not then i'd have to say Lucas Leiva is one of the best. Nigel de Jong is also a very good player. I also have to mention Gareth Barry, people criticize him too much, i think he's one of the Best in the league in his position.

As far as Kroos/Yaya Toure goes, i think its apples and oranges. Kroos is a small mobile player that relies on his technique. Yaya is a big, strong player that can consistently outmuscle players, yet also has great technique.

Not that this matter at all though, in the Messiahs eyes, Gustavo and the rest of the Bayern team are the best in the world.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

I don't consider Busquets or Vidal to be destroyers either, but you mentioned them in your first post.

I'd say its Yaya Toure if he can be considered as a DM these days. If not then i'd have to say Lucas Leiva is one of the best. Nigel de Jong is also a very good player. I also have to mention Gareth Barry, people criticize him too much, i think he's one of the Best in the league in his position.

As far as Kroos/Yaya Toure goes, i think its apples and oranges. Kroos is a small mobile player that relies on his technique. Yaya is a big, strong player that can consistently outmuscle players, yet also has great technique.

Not that this matter at all though, in the Messiahs eyes, Gustavo and the rest of the Bayern team are the best in the world.

I think you and I can still come to a realisation, currently I acknowledged that C.Ronaldo is the best overall player in the world next to him is Messi and they are not even Bayern players.

With pride aside, yes I concede that Yaya Toure is probably a little bit better than Toni Kroos because of his natural body size but I think when it comes to technique Kroos is Bolt and Toure is Blake, they are next to one another but above others. Physicality it is clearly no other but Gustavo.

I delibrately didn't include Toure, Pirlo, Cambiaso, Alonso, Khedirah (because I have great amount of respect for these players, although some have passed their prime) but comparing people like De Jong and Garrath Barry to the likes of Toni Kroos and Gustavo is really down-grading, only defensive midfielder worth mentioning along them are of course Martinez, Schweinstieger, Vidal, Bouquet, Khedira, Alonso etc.

Between those DM, some are better than Kroos Gustavo in other ways(most especially experience)

and as for Lucas, he was suffering under Banitez, then had one season and haven't played for years and somehow some way people still manage to say he's better than Gustavo, we might as well say Sahin is better than Alonso if you want to follow that logic.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 am

Your all wrong Scotty Brave Scotty Parker is the best DM and hes a tip top lad :coffee:
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 am

The Messiah wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

I think you and I can still come to a realisation, currently I acknowledged that C.Ronaldo is the best overall player in the world next to him is Messi and they are not even Bayern players.

With pride aside, yes I concede that Yaya Toure is probably a little bit better than Toni Kroos because of his natural body size but I think when it comes to technique Kroos is Bolt and Toure is Blake, they are next to one another but above others. Physicality it is clearly no other but Gustavo.

I delibrately didn't include Toure, Pirlo, Cambiaso, Alonso, Khedirah (because I have great amount of respect for these players, although some have passed their prime) but comparing people like De Jong and Garrath Barry to the likes of Toni Kroos and Gustavo is really down-grading, only defensive midfielder worth mentioning along them are of course Martinez, Schweinstieger, Vidal, Bouquet, Khedira, Alonso etc.

Between those DM, some are better than Kroos Gustavo in other ways(most especially experience)

and as for Lucas, he was suffering under Banitez, then had one season and haven't played for years and somehow some way people still manage to say he's better than Gustavo, we might as well say Sahin is better than Alonso if you want to follow that logic.

You misunderstand me, its a pet peeve of mine to dislike comparing players that are different and fulfill different roles.

For example, i refuse to compare Yaya Toure and Toni Kroos since they are very diferent, not only in playstyle and physique, also in mentality and age. Kroos is a very good young player who will only get better with years, Yaya Toure is in the peak of his career.

It gets worse for me when comparing midfielders, i'm very anal about terms like Defensive Midfielder, Back to Back midfielder, Center Midfielder, Deep Lying Playmaker, Attacking Midfielder. People tend to lump them all together into one position and it drives me crazy. Sergio Busquets and Nigel de Jong might be from two different planets as far as i'm concerned.

I don't consider Kroos to be a defensive midfielder at all, or at least that is not the position in which he is most effective in my view.

Now, only talking about pure Destroyers or DEFENSIVE midfielders, i think Gustavo is great but i think Yohan Cabaye and Alexandre Song are a small step ahead of him, De Jong not too far behind, and even though Parkers name was thrown in jest, he's also in that category imo.

Javier Mascherano also deserves a mention, even though he is CB these days :coffee:

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 am

Cabaye and Song better than Gustavo... rofl

I have heard it all. goallegacy truly have amazing posters, Cabaye and Song won't make it in our first team.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:57 am

nvm then, lets follow the script. Bayern Munchen is the best team the world has seen or will ever see.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 am

The Messiah wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Lucas without a shadow of a doubt :coffee: The truth shall set you free in about 8-9 weeks when he returns from injury.

Lucas hasn't played for over a year and you still compare him to the best defensive Midfielder in the world, Toni Gustavo

Laughing Lol do you know anything???? Lucas has played in three competitive game for us this season already. He picked up a hamstring injury vs. City last week which will keep him out for around 6-8 weeks.

I bet you've never even seen Lucas play, if what Gustavo does gets your blood racing. But like i said, the truth shall set you free once he comes back.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 am

kiranr -- Yaya Toure isn't anymore a DM.He is a CM with many offensive tasks (given by Mancini).He has amazing offensive abilities.Of course that Nasri is City's CAM, but many times Yaya Toure takes the role of the playmaker from Silva and Nasri and helps the flow of taking the ball from the midfield to the strikers.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" -- Lucas?Lucas isn't playing too much, he is fragile and besides that, I think it's too much to say he is best in the world.In my opinion as a DM, Carrick is better but i don't judge you for this opinion.You are free to believe anything Smile.

chinomaster182 -- Cabaye and Song aren't DM, they are CM with more offensive than deffensive tasks.Of course they know how to make sliding tackles, standing tackles and they are good at intercepting balls, they do this every game but...they aren't DM.I am not sure in what position will be Song playing at Barca.

The Messiah -- I watch every Juve's game and i can tell that Vidal plays a lot as LM and now he is more an offensive player, he just can't be one of the best DM's in the world.He is somewhere between LAM,CM and LM (or RAM,CM,RM lately -- watch the game vs Udinese).

nh01 -- Scott Brave Scotty Parker is not enough constant.He is playing amazing 3 games in a row and then he makes a miserable match.

I rate Gustavo very high, but to be fair, i can't say many things about him because i didn't watch him enough.

When De Rossi is playing CDM (almost all the time), i think he is the best in the world.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 am

vlafy wrote:kiranr -- Yaya Toure isn't anymore a DM.He is a CM with many offensive tasks (given by Mancini).He has amazing offensive abilities.Of course that Nasri is City's CAM, but many times Yaya Toure takes the role of the playmaker from Silva and Nasri and helps the flow of taking the ball from the midfield to the strikers.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" -- Lucas?Lucas isn't playing too much, he is fragile and besides that, I think it's too much to say he is best in the world.In my opinion as a DM, Carrick is better but i don't judge your opinion.You are free to believe anything Smile.

chinomaster182 -- Cabaye and Song aren't DM, they are CM with more offensive than deffensive tasks.Of course they know how to make sliding tackles, standing tackles and they are good at intercepting balls, do this every game but...they aren't DM.I am not sure in what position will be Song playing at Barca.

The Messiah -- I watch every Juve's game and i can tell that Vidal plays a lot as LM and now he is more an offensive player, he just can't be one of the best DM's in the world.He is somewhere between LAM,CM and LM (or RAM,CM,RM lately -- watch the game vs Udinese).

nh01 -- Scott Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker is not enough constant.He is playing amazing 3 games in a row and then he makes a miserable match.

I rate Gustavo very high, but to be fair, i can't say many things about him because i didn't watch him enough.

When De Rossi is playing CDM (almost all the time), i think he is the best in the world.

You are easily becoming my favourite poster here, I second everything you said and I totally forgot about De Rossi, thanks for reminding me.

and I absolutely agree that Carrick is much more better than Lucas, Before he blew up in goallegacy he was suffering under Banitez, he would sometimes play as AM and many Liverpool fans didn't even rate him then.

His had just one good season of which he was not even better than the likes of Sahin and suddenly people think he's the best, but only this forum though, no one really rates him in other forum(including twitter/Facebook/blogs).

Brazil keep on making the-same mistake, if they intend to compete in upcoming world-cup, they must first sack their manager and get a much better manager who can judge player ability to the highest level, so that he can finally call up Dante, Gustavo and Rafinha, they clearly deserve to be in the national team but Brazilians don't rate German football and it's such a shame because even Lucio played there for a long time and there was a reason why Germany almost nationalise Gustavo.

There was a time players like Melo was playing world-cup for Brazil. :facepalm: Gustavo is their future, they don't just know it yet.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 am

I'd say Busquets.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 pm

De Rossi.

Although I do rate Busquets, his diving habits are sickening and that is why he will never be anybody's hero.

Gustavo is a good player, but he suffers from too much reshuffling in the Bayern midfield. He needs to be allowed to take his place and make it his own.

And I agree with vlafy: Yaya, Cabaye, Vidal & Song are no longer DMs. Lucas hasn't played much and Brave Scotty Parker is not top DM calibre imo.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 pm

When Cabaye has become a DM you know your doing your job wrong :facepalm:

Pardew :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When Cabaye has become a DM you know your doing your job wrong :facepalm:

Pardew :facepalm:

He's not a DM and I don't even know who brought his name here, where the likes of Toni kroos, Yaya Toure, Gustavo, De Rossi and Busquet are being mentioned
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm not bringing his name here Laughing

Do you read the thread? he was brought up by someone else :facepalm:

I'm just :facepalm: at the fact he has become a DM and he has became one.

LOL @ Kroos a DM btw Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Playing in the DM area doesn't = DM imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next