Amar
The Nature Boy
Swanhends
Albiceleste
Gil
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has any game ever topped this? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any game ever topped this?

Post by The Lizard King Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Was there ever a sandbox game before GTA ? Not saying GTA was a goddamn revolution in gaming..but it was still innovative nonetheless.

With that said though..the series has definitely been in decline, especially story wise as the makers are clearly running out of inspiration. But that shouldn't take credit away from where it's due.

And cmon..who isn't a fan of Lazlow Jones ?! GTA will always have the best radio stations Very Happy

Old habits die hard, so I can definitely see myself picking up a copy of GTA5 when it releases.

Rockstar is my shepherd...I shall not want. ( Red Dead, Bully, Max Payne, Manhunt, Midtown Madness..these guys know how to entertain )

The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Has any game ever topped this? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any game ever topped this?

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 pm

I would give you GTA 3 which was highly innovative. Every other game after it was adding extra things, changing the story, the characters, and the setting.

As for the story, I read books, and watch movies. GTA is mediocre at best when it comes to story telling, as it sells no atmosphere and the stories are repetitive garbage more fit for B-Movies. This whole "living the American dream" thing was done by Scarface, and the GTA franchise have never been about story as about steeling cars, and causing hell.

The movies you mentioned are very good and are well done, that the GTA story appeals to you is frankly surprising.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Dude, I've been playing GTA since it was available on the computer and you could only play with that birds eye view. I'm not trying to take anything away from GTA, I play and enjoy this game, but I often find myself getting bored with this series. They have introduced new stories and characters, but essentially the game has remained the same (story wise). You go around completing missions and killing people, am I really supposed to be impressed with that. The game is fun to play, but it's not going anywhere near my top 10-20 games.

P.S. I wasn't serious about the movie thing, but I did enjoy your list of movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I would give you GTA 3 which was highly innovative. Every other game after it was adding extra things, changing the story, the characters, and the setting.

As for the story, I read books, and watch movies. GTA is mediocre at best when it comes to story telling, as it sells no atmosphere and the stories are repetitive garbage more fit for B-Movies. This whole "living the American dream" thing was done by Scarface, and the GTA franchise have never been about story as about steeling cars, and causing hell.

The movies you mentioned are very good and are well done, that the GTA story appeals to you is frankly surprising.

I don't play GTA for the story, tbh. That's not the strong part of the game, the overall sandbox experience, the ability to do what you want when you want is why I play GTA. I know some people who have the game and don't even play the storyline, they roam and cause havoc or they play online(which is underrated). And I disagree that it has no atmosphere, the atmosphere and overall vibe in GTA:VC, San Andreas and even 3 specifically are pretty great.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 am

The story-line? there are SO MANY people these days who just ignore the singleplayer story-line in total. I was playing Crysis 2 for 2 weeks before I started singleplayer and Just Cause 2 (imo, the greatest sandbox game ever), I had been free-roaming for a solid 100 days before I even did the first mission.

Why don't we talk about the graphics? and how whenever a new GTA comes out, the grpahics are always mind-blowing
And the GTA gameplay is FANTASTIC! the cares you drive, the guns you shoot and the realism of the game.

The GTA series (along with Final Fantasy, Call of Duty and Super Mario) will go down as one of the most iconic gaming series EVER
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 am

Has any game ever topped this? - Page 2 250px-Brood_War_box_art_%28StarCraft%29

In terms of multiplayer, NOTHING has ever topped this franchise.

Decent storyline too Very Happy

Talking about innovation- Starcraft revolutionized RTS's
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2