Busby Babe
Ganso
RED
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rafael Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafael Thread

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

right now he will probably remain, especially with his brother being Injured in the community shield.....him, jones, valencia will probably be our RB options for the first few weeks with Rafael being out till mid september

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Valkyrja wrote:How's Fabio doing ? Is he going to remain this season or go on loan ?
I think he will stay this season. How he does depends on his fitness.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Fabio should be the 2nd choice on the LB position after Evra, not Buttner.

By the way, are there any injury reports about Rafael? Will he be fit for the Man City game?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 pm

He's close to full fitness.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/man-united-full-back-rafael-confirms-on-instagram-he-will-return-to-training-next-week/
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Good news; I can't wait to see him again in the first XI. I hope he will be fit for Crystal Palace match!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 pm

I hate United, but the idea of Rafael and Zaha on the right wing working together just oozes football sex potential.

Didn't know Rafael was injured, explains a good portion of United's early season woes.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Motogp69 wrote:I hate United, but the idea of Rafael and Zaha on the right wing working together just oozes football sex potential.

Didn't know Rafael was injured, explains a good portion of United's early season woes.
Zaha still has to earn more experience at this level, but Moyes told in an interview that Zaha will have an important role in the squad this season...so yes, Rafael and Zaha will make a good partnership on the right wing, but do not forget that Zaha can also play on the left side; I can already see him there with Evra.

Definitely, Nani will play a lot of games and his yield is better if he plays on the right side; Valencia can play only on the right side, therefore I can see Zaha playing more as a left winger.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:56 pm

RED, can you edit the thread title to just Rafael's name?

On average plays a game and is out for about two. It hasn't even been one injury as well, he's had seven. No wonder why he couldn't get into any real form this season. Moyes and his dinosaur training regime has ruined RvP's, Rafael's and some others season.

Hamstring Injury-2014 March 29th
Ankle/Foot Injury -2014 March 8th
Concussion-2014 February 12th
Groin/Pelvis Injury -2013 December 26th
Ankle/Foot Injury -2013 November 2nd
Knock- 2013 October 5th
Hamstring Injury-2013 August 11th

Rafael Thread - Page 2 Manchester-united

I miss the old Rafa Sad

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 am

The dinosaur's focus on defensive drills in training has taken it's toll on several of our players, Rafa and RVP being the main victims. Our former world class coaches knew how to manage their situations, knew when was the appropriate time to bring them back to the squad. Don't get me wrong, we did have our fair share of injuries in the previous seasons, but our coaches knew how to manage it more professionally. With these lot, it's all sort of 'he's half fit, he should be alright to play'. Unecesessary risks that hinder these players in the long run.

The sad thing with Rafael, for me, is that I can see he has regressed this season. He's become more panicked in his defending and is more erratic, where as last season he was composed and assured. He's offensive play remains the same level, ie, the ability to link up in the final third, his ability to make runs in the by line. Although frustratingly, he still struggles to produce that final ball. He seems frustrated at times (that lunge on Cahill) has lapses of concentration (handball v LFC, losing Etoo for the 2nd goal v Chelsea).
All these mistakes were diminished last season, apart from his silly lash out to Luiz at OT which got him sent off. You could see his improvements and he had his best season at the club last year.

Maybe he's beginning to feel unsettled? Fabio was mistreated by Moyes and has left the club, we all knew how close those 2 were. Maybe he feels as though Moyes outdated training methods are a detriment to his progression at the club?

There were even small talk about a possibility of the clown getting rid of him in the summer. Don't know how true that is, but we all know Moyes wouldn't know quality if it slapped him on the face.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:44 pm

I think he's been mismanaged this season, he's always rushed back from injury. He shouldn't have played the Liverpool game his wife gave birth the night before and he hardly had any sleep. I don't know why Moyes thought it was a great idea playing him. Bar the handball he did alright though imo.

I'm quite concerned with Jones' and Smalling's development too. I saw a stat that out of 100 of Jones' appearances for Man Utd, only 20 have been at CB that's terrible mismanagement from Moyes and Fergie. How many of those games at CB have been consecutive? They both haven't really kicked on from when they got here. We have had 11 different CB pairings this season, that hasn't helped either. I hope they improve in a similar fashion as Evans, he got there a bit late too. I definitely think they're capable.

Victims of versatility that they do not possess.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Maicon got picked ahead of him for the WC squad :facepalm:

He may as well retire from the national team.

edit: I realise he's had an injury plagued season, but even if he was having MOTM performances this season he still wouldnt have been picked.

They blame him for not winning the Olympic final and have black balled him ever since.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Maybe he should retire from the Nt after what he did in 2012.I don't have issues with him and I think mistakes happen, but his image got badly stained here in Brazil.

I think you don't have been following Roma if you think Maicon should be left out though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Rafael can play for Portugal and England now(5 years). He hasn't played a competitive game for Brazil right?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 07, 2014 1:59 pm

In December 2013, The Times reported that he had considered representing England at international level, however he decided against it.[36] He was not eligible for England as he had represented Brazil in 2007 at U17 level in an FIFA recognised 'official competition' meaning that the only national teams he could choose between would be Brazil and Portugal - the nations he was eligible to represent at the time he played in the 2007 South American Under-17 Football Championship.

from Wikipedia
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm

No England Sad

He should declare for Portugal then. He's never going to play for Brazil again.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 07, 2014 2:03 pm

he would walk into portugal imo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

Injured again  Rolling Eyes 

Time we got a new starter RB. I'm a fan of Rafael, but seriously, his injury record is ridiculous.

A lot of it has to do with how his game is, he is too tenacious in his approach to the game. Needs to calm down sometimes.

Rafael has been ruled out of Manchester United's game with Roma in Denver with a groin injury.

The Brazilian defender limped out of the Reds' open training session at Sports Authority Field on Friday night and manager Louis van Gaal immediately ruled him out of the game.

The 24-year-old, who played the second 45 minutes against LA Galaxy on Wednesday, suffered an injury-hit campaign last season and made just 19 appearances in the Premier League.

Asked whether Rafael had picked up a groin strain during the session, Van Gaal said: “It seems like that, but we will have to wait and see.

"We know already, though, that he cannot play (against Roma)."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-pre-season-tour-rafael-7511255
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 am

damn. valencia will benefit Mad please bring in janko or varela...

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:26 am

Oh ffs...

I'm starting to think he plays through injury without telling anyone. Saw him say that he played games injured last season.

Hopefully, this is a short one because we can't be starting the season with Valencia as a starter
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:47 am

I think we should find his replacement this summer. We can't afford to rely on Rafa to be our no.1 RB anymore.

The thought of Valencia being our rb, or Smalling or Jones, makes me shudder.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 pm

The difference when Valencia came on for him rofl

Lets hope he can have a similar season to 12-13 for us
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Valencia came on and almost immediately fell on his face trying to take a player on Laughing

Was so happy Rafa was back, he was a constant trouble down the right flank and just such a superior player to Valencia it's not even funny....legit probably the most underrated player in the league.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm

In '12/'13 got an assist vs Chelsea, City, Everton, Arsenal (Vermaelen fumbled the clearance) scored that wonder goal vs Liverpool. Not that it's what required for him to have a good season, but it's what is memorable. Meh, I guess he will always be underrated.

Anyway, was great today, can't beat a player regularly but knows there's other ways to be useful nice one twos, great reverse pass in the first half to Herrera, first time crosses. Valencia can learn a thing or two from him. Plus, was solid defensively too. Won his place back so fast Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Rafael: I want to stay here forever
Reds right-back Rafael returned to the starting line-up on Sunday for the first time since March – a welcome return for one of Manchester United's most popular players...

You've been in Manchester United's first team for six years now. You're classified as being homegrown – do you feel like that?

To be honest, definitely. I came here at 15-years-old so I have to say that I feel at home here. I feel this is my home and I would have to say yes.

You also play like you love the club. Why is United special to you?
Because of everything. The club picked me up and helped me ever since I arrived here – everyone, and I would say every single person. I can never say enough about this club. It is one of the best clubs in the world, if not the best in the world.

You're obviously not from Manchester but do you feel Mancunian now?

I live here so I feel it a little bit. I know everywhere in the city and know a lot of people here.

After six years here and following the departures of Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, you’re now one of the longest-serving defenders at the club…
Jonny [Evans] as well, of course. I am glad but sad because a lot of friends have left. I am glad I am still here. I want to keep going and stay here forever, if possible. It depends on me to play well, I need to play well. I just want to stay here.

Do you help the new players settle in by referring back to your arrival here?

Of course. When I first came here, I saw how a lot of players helped me – Giggsy, Scholesy and Gary Neville, even though he played in my position, he helped me a lot because he was one of the best right-backs in the world. I want to do the same when I see some young players come in. Sometimes it's difficult so my job is to try to help them.

You've mastered the language – your English is brilliant…

My English is not brilliant. It’s OK now. I can speak and you can understand what I’m saying. I couldn’t speak any English when I first arrived. Nothing. Maybe just ‘hi’ [waves] and that was it. Now I feel I can speak, maybe not properly, but how I would like to speak. Before, I saw some players arriving, foreign players, and they just cannot understand anything and I was exactly the same. Sometimes, I still want to say: ‘What are they saying?’ It’s so hard and I try to help them because I know how difficult that is.

What about your relationship with the fans? The supporters seem to appreciate your commitment and passion for United…
Yes, I have a good relationship with the fans because they are just so passionate. The fans here at Manchester United are simply so good at every game, even if we lose, they are still singing and just don’t stop singing and making noise! It makes you get emotional, you know. I love these fans.

Your enthusiasm and energy are what the fans expect of a United player – is that style of play just part of your character?
This is me. I just really love the game and I really love to win.

Were you like this as a player even before you came to Old Trafford?
I remember I used to play football with my brother Fabio on the pitch and we just used to fight each other to win the match. It was only me versus him and always like that.

Do you see yourself as part of a new era now with the new manager?

Definitely, I want to win the league again and I want us to get the winning way back. Then everything will be like it’s always been at this club.

Rafael Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Great interview.

If he can overcome his injury problems, he'll be a legend at the club. He embodies everything about United.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah, he's great. There was rumours that he might be leaving the club in the summer, so happy he stayed. One of longest serving members now, only the players that have made it up from the youth, Carrick and Rooney have been here longer, I think.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next