MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 9 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Welsh legend Robbie Savage feels Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger needs to buy big to convince Robin van Persie to stay.

In his column for the Mirror, Savage opined: "I've no doubt Van Persie really does love Arsenal and his manager.

"But he is 28 now. Injuries mean he's probably only got three years left at the very top of his game.

"As he ponders Arsenal's offer, he must be weighing up his chances of winning something at the Emirates in that time frame.

"Unless things improve rapidly, they can be no better than 50/50. At Real Madrid, Barcelona or even United or City? Virtually nailed-on. That is going to make you think about moving on, no matter how great your bond with the club.

"It's barely worth Wenger sitting down with Van Persie now to hammer out a deal. Much better would be to identify two or three world-class players and find the money to sign them in January.

"Without them, Arsenal will not finish in the Champions League places. And Robin van Persie will decide that the Europa League is too small a stage for his talents."

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Peterborough United's director of football Barry Fry is confident keeping defender Ryan Bennett.

The 21-year-old's performances have seen Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur linked with January bids, and Fry has confirmed he has previously discussed Bennett with the Premier League rivals.

"Arsenal and Spurs have been tracking Ryan for a couple of years now," Fry told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.

"I have had conversations with them and with half-a-dozen other clubs, but it's only talk so far and I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

"Ryan recently signed a fresh deal with us. He's happy here and he loves working for our manager.

"Obviously if someone bid £10million that new contract wouldn't mean a lot! But that isn't likely to happen.

"There is no rush because Ryan is just going to get better and better. He's playing in a great standard of football now and has looked very impressive."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Valencia are warning Arsenal off midfielder Dani Parejo.

The former Real Madrid prospect's agents were said to have held talks with Arsenal last month.

Parejo fell out of favour with Valencia coach Unai Emery earlier in the season, but he has been handed a reprieve after Sergio Canales was ruled out for six months with a knee injury.

Valencia will now be desperate to keep Parejo at the Mestalla when the transfer window re-opens and will look to turn down any move from Arsenal over his signature.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is a signing I would not mind....Hoping we get a good MID a la Parejo or Shaqiri and Rondon.....It would be a great Jan window for Arsenal!!
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:51 pm

we are looking at granero according to rumours
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Arsenal interested in Messi-stopping GK Javi Vargas according to CaughOffside.com

Does that even make sense?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/10/26/arsenal-plot-summer-move-for-5m-spanish-goalkeeper/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:04 pm

It's Javi Varas, not Javi Vargas /pedantic.

That's the second time I've seen that rumour. Even if Fabiasnki leaves soon, I don't see why Javi Varas, at his age, would want to come and be number two with us when he's number one now at Sevilla.

I also don't rate Granero that highly and think we can do better.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm

We can definitely do better than Granero.

Even if Fabianski leaves, Mannone is more than good enough as a backup.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's Javi Varas, not Javi Vargas /pedantic.

That's the second time I've seen that rumour. Even if Fabiasnki leaves soon, I don't see why Javi Varas, at his age, would want to come and be number two with us when he's number one now at Sevilla.

I also don't rate Granero that highly and think we can do better.

Whatever.

Doesn't make sense, I don't see it happening.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Granero is actually pretty good. No way he makes the Madrid team otherwise, especially with the talent and Mou being there... he just needs an opportunity. Very technical player and young.

You guys may kill me for saying this... but i think any good you spanish midfielder walks into any team outside of Spain without a problem. Spain dominate the creative midfield department completely in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 pm

For me, it ultimately doesn't matter which midfielders we're linked with. Chances are, we're not going to sign one since we signed Arteta in the summer. Numbers wise, we aren't short there and we know what Wenger is like; he'll give the players he has ample oppotunity over trimming the fat, so to speak.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 pm

He wouldn't walk into the Arsenal team, considering the young talent we have and Wenger's stubborness and loyalty to his youth. But he would be useful as a backup, I agree. He might even do a better job than say, Ramsey.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 pm

We need a creative midfielder and we are set.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Granero is actually pretty good. No way he makes the Madrid team otherwise, especially with the talent and Mou being there... he just needs an opportunity. Very technical player and young.

You guys may kill me for saying this... but i think any good you spanish midfielder walks into any team outside of Spain without a problem. Spain dominate the creative midfield department completely in the world.

:facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:45 pm

maybe this was not one of his best games i dont know, but i didnt see one defence splitting pass from him at all. he just looks like a poor mans arteta, we need top midfielder that will offer us something different. not this average player....god we are going to miss cesc for a looonnng time, when whilsere comes back it'll soften the blow though.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Belgian stopper in Wenger's sights
Arsenal, 11:36, October 30, 2011
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been linked with a £10million January move for Ajax centre-half Jan Vertonghen.

The Gunners boss brought in Per Mertesacker in the summer but the Frenchman is keen to bolster his defensive options again in the January transfer window.
Arsenal have conceded 21 goals in their opening 10 league fixtures and Wenger is desperate to bring in new faces at the back.
Wenger had been tipped to reignite his interest in Bolton's Gary Cahill but the latest reports suggest he has instead turned his attentions to Belgian defender Vertonghen.
Ajax are keen to keep hold but the Dutch giants will find it difficult to refuse an offer of £10million and Vertonghen is said to be open to a move to the Emirates.

In Betfair you can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £25 free bet and give it a try.
Here are some betting tips from Betfair's tipsters:
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:03 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Granero is actually pretty good. No way he makes the Madrid team otherwise, especially with the talent and Mou being there... he just needs an opportunity. Very technical player and young.

It's true... i watch a ton of football in all the leagues and the creative midfielders in Spain are head and shoulders above everyone else. There are just so many.

As far as Granero, he was mostly good when given the opportunity last year, despite a few bad games here and there. The problem he had was that we play a 4-2-3-1 and the midfielders need to be great both offensively and defensively since there's only 2 of them. Alonso, Khedira, Lass and Coentrao are all tough defenders. Granero is more of an offensive player. Just doesn't fit Mou's system well. He would be perfect for Arsenal's system though. Very technical player. Just needs a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 am

sportsczy wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

It's true... i watch a ton of football in all the leagues and the creative midfielders in Spain are head and shoulders above everyone else. There are just so many.

As far as Granero, he was mostly good when given the opportunity last year, despite a few bad games here and there. The problem he had was that we play a 4-2-3-1 and the midfielders need to be great both offensively and defensively since there's only 2 of them. Alonso, Khedira, Lass and Coentrao are all tough defenders. Granero is more of an offensive player. Just doesn't fit Mou's system well. He would be perfect for Arsenal's system though. Very technical player. Just needs a chance.

You mean like Mendietta, Farinos, Gerard Lopez, our very own Reyes & many more. I haven't seen any Spanish midfield succeed anywhere outside Spain except Xabi & Cesc ( who might as well be Arsenal bred). It's not their creativity but mentality so I would pass off the deal.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be keeping a close eye on the situation unveiling at Manchester City with regards to winger Adam Johnson.

According to reports in the Daily Star, Johnson and Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini were involved in a bust up after the 5-2 win over Wolves in the Carling Cup.

Mancini made critical comments about Johnson after the game, despite the England international scoring a stunning goal and producing a Man of the Match display.

It is not the first time the pair have clashed, last season Mancini told the 24-year-old to improve his attitude off the field and his all round game needs to improve if he wants to fulfill his potential.

During the course of the summer transfer window Johnson was linked with a move to Premier League rivals and it is felt Gunners boss Wenger could make a move for the City winger in January.

Theo Walcott has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona of late and Wenger sees Johnson being an ideal replacment and are believed to be preparing a bid of around £12million.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Arsene's Toure plan: Wenger to solve defensive woes with swoop for former Gunner
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 6:29 AM on 31st October 2011

Comments (2)
Add to My Stories
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is poised to solve his defence headaches by making an audacious swoop to re-sign Manchester City's Kolo Toure.
The Gunners boss was understandably delighted with the manner in which his team beat Chelsea 5-3 at the weekend, but the result could not mask the number of errors made by the back four.
New recruits Andres Santos and Per Mertesacker both featured at Stamford Bridge, but we're guilty of defensive naivety as the Blues bagged three goals.

Collision course: Toure is heading for a bust-up with City chiefs
And Wenger could now make a move for the unsettled Ivory Coast international who is no longer a first-team regular at the Etihad Stadium after failing a drugs test.
Toure, 30, was sidelined by City for six months and is on a collision course with the club who want to withhold substantial image-rights payments.
Manager Roberto Mancini has no issue with the player and is staying out of the disput, but sources have told Sportsmail that Toure can expect to lose a significant sum, something the defender will resist.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2055540/Arsene-Wenger-Kolo-Toure.html#ixzz1cMNxTTI0

Would you want him back?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:11 pm

We don't need Toure.

We've already got 4 good CB's. Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesacker, and Djourou. Squillaci may be shit, but he's good enough for 5th choice.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Defensive woes? I think we're past that stage now. Any defensive frailties we might have will be solved when the centre backs we have build an understanding with each other. Personnel well, we're absolutely fine.

As much as I love Kolo Toure, we don't actually need him.

In regards to Adam Johnson: I'm a keen admirer of him, but I'd only want him here as an addition to what we have and not as a replacement for Walcott. Perhaps as an eventual replacement for Arshavin.

Thing is, Walcott is younger than Johnson and has much more potential. It'd be pointless to replace one with the other.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:12 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/977549/big-guns-alerted-as-eden-hazard-confirms-he-will-leave-lille?cc=5739

Hazard, 20, has been strongly linked with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the past - with other clubs in England and Spain also believed to have followed the Belgium international's progress intently.

Despite being tipped for a move abroad last summer Hazard decided to remain at Stade Lille-Metropole to experience Champions League football with his current club, but he has now made it clear that he wants a new challenge at the end of the current campaign.

"I am ready to go to the next level at a big club," Hazard told French newspaper L'Equipe. "I won't leave in January. It would be silly to do so. But it's my last season at Lille.

"I stayed with Lille this year because I still had things to work on and prove. But now I'm ready. I feel able to play in another country."

Hazard has also previously been linked with Real Madrid, and he boosted their hopes of negotiating a transfer by making it clear he has no intention of staying in Ligue 1 - despite the fact Qatari-backed Paris Saint Germain are reportedly prepared to pay around £35 million to secure his signature.

"Paris is not for now," he added. "Paris is magical, as they say. Of course it attracts me. But for now, no, I will not go there.

"I do not want to go to a rival of Lille's in France. It would be inconsistent. The fans would not understand."

Long touted as one of the most exciting prospects in European football, Hazard is less certain he deserves all the praise he has received since emerging on the scene as a 16-year-old.

"Sometimes I think it's a little too ... 'Eden did this, Eden did that' ... Do I deserve all this praise? I do not know. It's nice, but I do not pay too much attention either," he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope he does end up coming to us in the summer if we bid for him.

We need a winger on loan and maybe Kolo (on loan?) + I would take Granero or Montolivo or just someone to fill up the CM/ACM spots. I would take Gotze or Martin but I just feel if we get one of them we will have too much talent eager to play on our hands.

ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Twoism wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

You mean like Mendietta, Farinos, Gerard Lopez, our very own Reyes & many more. I haven't seen any Spanish midfield succeed anywhere outside Spain except Xabi & Cesc ( who might as well be Arsenal bred). It's not their creativity but mentality so I would pass off the deal.

I'm talking over the past 4-5 years, which marks roughly 15 years that the entire Spanish system went to total football training from the youth teams up. You have Mata, Cesc (last year) and Silva in the EPL, with Silva and Mata being the best creative midfielders in the EPL right now. In La Liga, you have Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi, Cazorla, etc. who would all walk into any side in the world... not to mention A- talent like Valero. Youngsters like Thiago, Sarabia and Canales are being developed. It goes on and on.

Just like Italian players with Serie A, Spanish players prefer to stay in La Liga. It takes the opportunity to play at an elite club that sways them away.

I'm telling you Granero is more gifted than any of the creative midfielders at Arsenal... even Ramsey. He just needs to go somewhere that gives him regular time, which is not Madrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:11 pm

what has granero done to make you think like this? he is not even half as talented as ramsey or wilshere, not even close.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

i'll take kolo for one of those 1 year rolling deals. but that's only if we dont go for cahill. we cant have enough cb's. guys get hurt at arsenal
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

id love kolo back, loved him alot. but i dont think this is true. city wont sell him back and i dont think he would want to come back tbh.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next