Raptorgunner
Jay29
Twoism
Jamin
16 posters

Go down

Alex Song Empty Alex Song

Post by Jamin Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am

I truly love the man. I really think that behind our current form is more than Van Persie being on fire or the return of Vermaelen or the rise of Koscielny. It is also due to the emerge of the impressive Alex Song.

He has flourished as a defensive midfielder, not only defensively but surprisingly with his attacking ability. Dribbling, creativity and his vision seem to have significantly improved. He has now assisted 7 times this season. He also have the most accurate through balls per game this Premier League season.

Defensively, this season Alex Song has improved his positioning and his tackling. He has gained experience and he is covering our back four with his astonishing tackles this season. In fact 'Alex Song has made more tackles than any other player in this season's Champions League (33)' (via Orbinho twitter)

I had to do an appreciation thread due to his impressive improvement to becoming a complete midfielder.

I wouldnt describe him better than someone on twitter when he said: 'Alex Song: the boots of Xavi, the power of Touré, the positional sense of Makelele'

Take a bow Alex Song!
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Alex Song Empty Re: Alex Song

Post by Jamin Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 am

Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:23 pm

He's very similar to Makelele for me this season albeit less completed ( although his creativity is off the chart). Having Arteta & Ramsey also help tremendously. Seriously if we look back at the begining when Song started out, we all can see massive improvement from him. Each season he sharpen one of his tools. 1st is discipline since he was quite harsh when played CB, then stamina & tenique, this year is vision & creativity.

Once again Wenger proved us wrong and his patience paid off, last year I remember on Goal forum, everyone screamed for Song stay behind and stop those silly forward run. Those forward run already gave us 7 goals and many more to come.

In short, I love Song and hope he stays on for many years to come, wouldn't trade him for any other DM.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 pm

What really helps Song in regards to his offensive play is Arteta being really disciplined and staying back while he gets forward. I still think Song is at his best when he holds his position and does a lot of defensive work. He did this in both Dortmund games and I can't say I've seen many better performances from him than in those games.

But nonetheless, he really is a very good player and is pivotal to our set-up. Hopefully he signs a new deal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Alex Song is one of the most under rated players in the world. Song gives 100% every game and helps out where ever he can. Its a pleasure watching him play and glad he is a Gunner. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 pm

I love the competition in defensive midfield.

Song, Coquelin and Frimpong.

Never been better.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm

11 dribbles in 12 league performances :bow: in CL 6 in 5 matches :bow:
10/30 accurate through balls/trough balls Cool
84.2 pass accuracy(649/771)
17 key passes(1.4 per game)
39 tackels(3.3 pg)
30 interceptions(2.5 pg)
some really high up the pitch banana
Alex Song Screenhunter01dec121923

as jay pointed Arteta :bow: is key and adds solidity and gives song more freedom+competetion with DEEENCH & le coq
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

He played this way during the first half of last season too tbh, but tapered off in the second half. This coincidentally went hand-in-hand with our epic collapse. It is clearly very important to us that Song plays well, and as Jay mentioned, that the man beside him does too (whether it be Arteta or Wilshere).
Raptorgunner wrote:Alex Song is one of the most under rated players in the world. Song gives 100% every game and helps out where ever he can. Its a pleasure watching him play and glad he is a Gunner. :bow:
Is your sig referencing Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic? I just realized my 2 favourite athletes are both known for their left leg :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Eman wrote:He played this way during the first half of last season too tbh, but tapered off in the second half. This coincidentally went hand-in-hand with our epic collapse. It is clearly very important to us that Song plays well, and as Jay mentioned, that the man beside him does too (whether it be Arteta or Wilshere).
Raptorgunner wrote:Alex Song is one of the most under rated players in the world. Song gives 100% every game and helps out where ever he can. Its a pleasure watching him play and glad he is a Gunner. :bow:
Is your sig referencing Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic? I just realized my 2 favourite athletes are both known for their left leg :bow:

RVP Right foot clinical, RVP Left foot cemetery! :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 pm

He is fantastic. Love that player

If we dont have van persie, we are more likely to draw the match. For example Against everton or stoke before

but if we dont have song, then 70% we will lose the match. Take Liverpool at home.

Also we would NOT have conceded more than 4-5 goals against man utd if song was playing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 pm

highburied wrote:I love the competition in defensive midfield.

Song, Coquelin and Frimpong.

Never been better.

that's what makes a team good. when you've got players that know they have to perform because teammates at their position are breathing down their neck to get a place in the 11.

Song has been absolutely class this year. There's only one CADM and it's him lol. He's our most important player imo. no disrespect to rvp. we collapsed last season when he was out, and this year when he was out
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 am

lol, funny thing is though

if coquelin improves in 12 months, Song better be scared Smile

love the competition
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 am

Ramsey and Arteta need to offer more in terms of assist
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:47 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:What really helps Song in regards to his offensive play is Arteta being really disciplined and staying back while he gets forward. I still think Song is at his best when he holds his position and does a lot of defensive work. He did this in both Dortmund games and I can't say I've seen many better performances from him than in those games.

But nonetheless, he really is a very good player and is pivotal to our set-up. Hopefully he signs a new deal.
exactly.. Arteta who has allowed Song a more free role to go forward.. Most of the times we see Arteta playing deep close to the defenders.. And we score almost everytime when Song gives a forward run.. I still remember the match against Spuds when he came from cb to left wing to give the cross which Ramsey scored..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:39 pm

aleumdance wrote: lol, funny thing is though

if coquelin improves in 12 months, Song better be scared Smile

love the competition
I would think that Rambo, Arteta, and Jack would be scared since the only person who creates in our midfield is Song right now.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Jamin wrote:

Thanks for the Vid Jamin.

Going to watch shortly.

Yes, agree with all the comments, Song is a terrific player. He has gone from the guy that was booed off at Fulham the day we lost 2-1 at Craven Cottage in 2005 to one of the best holding midfielders in Europe. It's quite a turn-around.

I absolutely love watching Song play and I think the midfield trio at the minute is working brilliantly.

If I have a negative, it's that I would like to see more goals and assists from Arteta and Ramsey, but that's all.

When Wilshere and Diaby return to full fitness, it will be really interesting to see what Wenger does. Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Stats show that Arteta is up there with the likes of Silva and Mata in terms of chances created per game. Thing is, he's usually so deep that he can't really effect the game in terms of producing a final pass or getting into goalscoring positions.

Ramsey has 5 assists so far. Not stellar, but if he ends up anywhere close to 15 then I think that'd be a really good return.

Besides, I think it's better if you can share the assists out, as it shows that everyone in the team is pulling their weight.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Stats show that Arteta is up there with the likes of Silva and Mata in terms of chances created per game. Thing is, he's usually so deep that he can't really effect the game in terms of producing a final pass or getting into goalscoring positions.

Ramsey has 5 assists so far. Not stellar, but if he ends up anywhere close to 15 then I think that'd be a really good return.

Besides, I think it's better if you can share the assists out, as it shows that everyone in the team is pulling their weight.

True.

I was being picky. Razz

But I do like the current 3. Will be interesting to see how they do on Sunday against Yaya Toure, Barry and possibly Aguero in the hole (behind Dzeko).

However, knowing Mancini we might see Milner and/or De Jong play too for extra defensive security.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:55 am

We really need Wilshere for that game. He will be missed.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 am

Mancinin always plays ultra defensive against Arsenal. Don't think we'll miss Wilshere much. I have a feeling Rambo might just have 1 of his best games of the season.
Just a hunch
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 am

Kwame2u wrote:Mancinin always plays ultra defensive against Arsenal. Don't think we'll miss Wilshere much. I have a feeling Rambo might just have 1 of his best games of the season.
Just a hunch

I read a preview on bleacherreport that had Frimpong starting ahead of Ramsey. Since Frimpong played so well against them in the CCUP, why not add more defense to our midfield?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down