justdoit_
B-Mac
Gil
42 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

England National Team Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: England National Team Watch

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 pm

I actually like Zamora, and I'd rather him than Crouch. I don't suspect either will be in our plans for Euro 2012 (obviously we have to qualify first, but I can't see us loosing to Montenegro), anyway.

I imagine that the strikers going to Euro 2012 will most likely be Rooney, Bent, Carroll, Welbeck and Sturridge, provided the latter two can remain in decent form throughout the season. I'd be quite happy with that, since it covers pretty much every possible forward role you can think of.

Of course this is in hope that Capello realises that Defoe and Crouch haven't got much to offer us at international level.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:33 am

@Devil-is-red

The fact that you fail to understand:1. that Caroll is a tactical weapon and 2. That players take time to settle in at new clubs esp. after injuries is astounding.

How was your beloved Vidic in his first 10 games for United? Utter garbage.

How was Berbatov in his first SEASON at Untited?

The fact is Caroll has time on his side and physical attributes that will always make him dangerous and clearly you haven't watched him because the comparisons to Crouch are completely unwarranted , particularly because he actually looks like he has two feet and balance.

But I suppose yo'd rather have crouch/jay bothroyd in the squad....................

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 am

Watch out for this guy..

England National Team Watch - Page 5 V7ruiq
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 am

Sepi wrote:Take Jones for example. At fault for crouchs goal, at fault for Freis goal, shaky va Norwich and he still gets praise for those performances, While Carroll scores a winning derby goal, saves a 100% goal by beating Cahill in the air, and has 2 fantastic headers saved and cleared off the line... Yet gets abuse for not doing step-overs

There both shit
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 am

I don't rate Carrol's abilities that highly, I watched him against Wolves and Everton this season, and in both instances he was useless for most parts of the matches, he lacks positional awareness and contributes next to nothing in the attacking buildup.

I feel the only reason he starts over Bellamy is his price tag, King Kenny is trying to justify his purchase. But he has age on his side, so it wouldn't be wise to write him off completely, but I doubt he'll do more for England than Crouch and Heskey did.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 am

buddytaller wrote:I don't rate Carrol's abilities that highly, I watched him against Wolves and Everton this season, and in both instances he was useless for most parts of the matches, he lacks positional awareness and contributes next to nothing in the attacking buildup.

I feel the only reason he starts over Bellamy is his price tag, King Kenny is trying to justify his purchase. But he has age on his side, so it wouldn't be wise to write him off completely, but I doubt he'll do more for England than Crouch and Heskey did.

At least that'd be more than Rooney's ever done. Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 am

buddytaller wrote:I don't rate Carrol's abilities that highly, I watched him against Wolves and Everton this season, and in both instances he was useless for most parts of the matches, he lacks positional awareness and contributes next to nothing in the attacking buildup.

You didn't watch either games then.

He did everything in build up but score against Wolves, much more involved than Suarez.
Proof is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPvCxA-mGo
:28- Puts Suarez through in 1 vs 1
1:10- Puts in perfect delivery for Suarez in the box, Luis misses by .1 second
2:00- Puts Suarez through down the line with a tackle saving the ball
For Suarez goal: Made an without-ball run to the box, to take pressure of Luis and force Wolves defenders to think that Suarez will square the ball rather than going to near post
2:25- Changes tempo of the game with a 40 yard pass to Henderson from the left hand side
3:10- His pressure on their goalie, causes him to drop the ball which falls to Suarez and he misses again
3:35- Hits the post
3:50- Starts the counter attack with a smart clearance rather than hoofing it, which leads to 3-1 counter attack that Downing misses
5:00- Puts Downing through with a brilliant one touch, perfectly weighted pass
5:07- Puts Gerrard in a shooting position just behind the box with his header

That's 9 cases in the game vs Wolves that he was heavily involved in an attacking build up goal, each of those situations could have easily ended up a goal and he would have baggeed shed load of assists and a couple of goals.

I agree about Everton in the first 45 minutes though. He was poor at Goodison in first half, but he still saved a 100% goal of Cahill, so all forgiven. Came into life in second half though and got a deserved goal.

Haters gonna hate, since he is a superb-looking man with a fine lady, and a sociable person who enjoys his private life too, and a big hearted human being who helps charities, and hospitals by donating money.

He is the new target of kneejerkers after Dzeko and Torres proved them wrong bounce bounce

So yes. You might have the game on, whether on your PC or streaming it....but watching a game while Addicting games/Facebook/ or Redtube are open in the other tab, isn't exactly observing a players' contribution.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:37 am

I think you're been very biased, Suarez' role in Liverpool's attack is second to none, I did see those games, and particularly against Everton, I kept asking myself why Kenny was keeping Carroll on the pitch, he seemed clueless, and was all over the place without posing any threat at all, to his credit, he was at the right place at the right time, to shoot in Enrique's cross after Kuyt's intelligent duck, but that was his only meaningful contributing in that match.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 am

buddytaller wrote:I think you're been very biased, Suarez' role in Liverpool's attack is second to none, I did see those games, and particularly against Everton, I kept asking myself why Kenny was keeping Carroll on the pitch, he seemed clueless, and was all over the place without posing any threat at all, to his credit, he was at the right place at the right time, to shoot in Enrique's cross after Kuyt's intelligent duck, but that was his only meaningful contributing in that match.

People under-estimate confidence in a striker's play. I agreed with you about Everton game especially first half. but in Wolves game he was immensely involved.

You could totally see his relief after he scored vs Everton. He had the confidence after that to try a bicycle kick from a Gerrard cross, and then got up quickly to pressure Havard and force a corner. Gerrard's return will benfit him more than any other person.

and yea, I thought he'd get the hook too, because in first half, his only involvement was outjumping Cahill on the far post from a Baines cross which then the ball fell to Distin and he shot high. So glad he stayed on and got a deserved goal. Will do wonders to his confidence, and confidence is 50% of strikers.

Rooney, Torres and David Villa all looked like pub players when they were on non-scoring streaks and their confidencee was bottom low.

Still if Phil Dowd didn't wrongly disallow Andy's perfect goal vs Sunderland in week 1, we would have never had this discussion and we'd be sitting 4th with 15 points . Cool

2 goals in 5 starts so far this season....Since he is still very young and learning the game, I'd be content with 15 goals and around 5-10 assists by him in his first season. Cavani, Falcao, Llorente Drogba and etc were all behind Andy's development at the same age Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:15 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

Rooney England
72 appearances
22 goals

then a player like Forlan who is widely regarded as a fantastic player for his country
82 appearances
31 goals

Rooney held to a double standard i guess....
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:19 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Rooney England
72 appearances
22 goals

then a player like Forlan who is widely regarded as a fantastic player for his country
82 appearances
31 goals

Stats are everything.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:24 am

lszanto wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Rooney England
72 appearances
22 goals

82 appearances
31 goals

Stats are everything.

well there seems to be some misconception out there that rooney is piss poor for his country....meanwhile you stack his numbers up with other players and he's right on par

just another false assumption people place on him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:23 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Just get over it, you lot were robbed 35 mill for a guy, who's job it is score goals has scored only 1 in 7 games. Why can't you just admit he doesn't deserve to be called up over someone like Sturridge?

Berba? Anderson? Veron? They were given a chance, were they not? Well. Veron wasn't. Razz

The guy is 22 ffs and hasn't even played a full season for us. And considering Carroll's done well in his last 2 games, and is finally match fit, might actually bring back his Newcastle form. He'll improve heaps when Gerrard is match fit too. He's also an improvement to Torres who didn't even want to play football.

How is OUR fault that Sturridge wasn't picked up? Are LFC fans Capello in disguise? Rolling Eyes

Oh. And even the best forwards go out of form for large patches of the season. > Villa, Rooney, Torres etc...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 am

Sepi wrote:

You didn't watch either games then.

He did everything in build up but score against Wolves, much more involved than Suarez.
Proof is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPvCxA-mGo
:28- Puts Suarez through in 1 vs 1
1:10- Puts in perfect delivery for Suarez in the box, Luis misses by .1 second
2:00- Puts Suarez through down the line with a tackle saving the ball
For Suarez goal: Made an without-ball run to the box, to take pressure of Luis and force Wolves defenders to think that Suarez will square the ball rather than going to near post
2:25- Changes tempo of the game with a 40 yard pass to Henderson from the left hand side
3:10- His pressure on their goalie, causes him to drop the ball which falls to Suarez and he misses again
3:35- Hits the post
3:50- Starts the counter attack with a smart clearance rather than hoofing it, which leads to 3-1 counter attack that Downing misses
5:00- Puts Downing through with a brilliant one touch, perfectly weighted pass
5:07- Puts Gerrard in a shooting position just behind the box with his header

That's 9 cases in the game vs Wolves that he was heavily involved in an attacking build up goal, each of those situations could have easily ended up a goal and he would have baggeed shed load of assists and a couple of goals.

I agree about Everton in the first 45 minutes though. He was poor at Goodison in first half, but he still saved a 100% goal of Cahill, so all forgiven. Came into life in second half though and got a deserved goal.

Haters gonna hate, since he is a superb-looking man with a fine lady, and a sociable person who enjoys his private life too, and a big hearted human being who helps charities, and hospitals by donating money.

He is the new target of kneejerkers after Dzeko and Torres proved them wrong bounce bounce

So yes. You might have the game on, whether on your PC or streaming it....but watching a game while Addicting games/Facebook/ or Redtube are open in the other tab, isn't exactly observing a players' contribution.

Thank you

No one asked for an Essay. Essay

Last edited by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 am

ynwa wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Just get over it, you lot were robbed 35 mill for a guy, who's job it is score goals has scored only 1 in 7 games. Why can't you just admit he doesn't deserve to be called up over someone like Sturridge?

Berba? Anderson? Veron? They were given a chance, were they not? Well. Veron wasn't. Razz

The guy is 22 ffs and hasn't even played a full season for us. And considering Carroll's done well in his last 2 games, and is finally match fit, might actually bring back his Newcastle form. He'll improve heaps when Gerrard is match fit too. He's also an improvement to Torres who didn't even want to play football.

How is OUR fault that Sturridge wasn't picked up? Are LFC fans Capello in disguise? Rolling Eyes

Oh. And even the best forwards go out of form for large patches of the season. > Villa, Rooney, Torres etc...

Carrols not out of form his just shit
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:09 am

RuthlesGangstaDef:villin wrote:
Carrols not out of form his just shit

LOL. I wouldn't like Carroll either if I was a Chelsea fan. :\

Making Torres look horrible.

I mean, 5 years younger, 15m less, same goals in what... 10-12 less appearences?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Did anyone see the Montenegro game? Just the same typical boring, negative and shit England performance as it has been throughout Crapello's tenure.

We're even more boring than Madrid were under him.,
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm

England should get Wenger as the manager. "Beautiful football"....lol
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Capello has the best win loss ratio of any English Manager ever.They havent lost a single game this qualifying campaign and have averaged more than 2 goals per game throughout this qualifying campaign.The away record of England was as good as Spain and Germany.I dont think England with their limited talent would have done better discarding his bizarre and sometimes evne stupid selections tbh.I think the best time to judge Capello is Euros.

If english fans expected better from this qualifying campaign perhaps its time they reduce their expectations to the level of the ability of their team.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Iceman wrote:England should get Wenger as the manager. "Beautiful football"....lol

Well as i dont care about winning anymore and just want to see some good football i would approve of this lol......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Gil wrote:Did anyone see the Montenegro game? Just the same typical boring, negative and shit England performance as it has been throughout Crapello's tenure.

We're even more boring than Madrid were under him.,

tbf its not his fault half the players pick up some kind of mysterious injury before the internationals
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 pm

So how has Adam Johnson been playing for City this season? Is he finally becoming more than a YouTube player this year?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

^
More importantly, did you see how badly Kyle Walker was raped by Jonas on sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Gil wrote:So how has Adam Johnson been playing for City this season? Is he finally becoming more than a YouTube player this year?

He has all the makings of SWP version 2 tbh
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Subbed after 40 minutes against Villarreal. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Why has Micah Richards been dropped? What is Capello playing at?

I have reserved judgement on him to a degree because he has a tough job on his hands, but selections like this I cant understand.

He has been in superb form and has really improved alot, defensively and offensively he is coming on strong.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next