14 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Bolton Preview Empty Arsenal v Bolton Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Arsenal v Bolton, Saturday 24th September 3pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Bolton Preview Arsget1_2000826c
Gervinho scored his first Arsenal goal last weekend

Result first, performance second

Last weekend was a new low point for Arsenal. The 4-3 defeat at Blackburn, where Arsene Wenger began his Arsenal career 15 years ago, saw the gunners sink to 17th in the Premier League. Wenger knows that Saturday's game against Bolton is an absolute must-win; there can be no more excuses. Three points against Owen Coyle's side is imperative, the performance less-so.

Bolton in relegation zone

Arsenal have started the season poorly, but Bolton have been even worse. Defeats to both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Norwich have followed since their heavy win at QPR on the opening day. The trotters currently sit 19th in the table though they did record a win in mid-week at Aston Villa in the league cup.

Match Facts

* All three goals that Bolton scored against Arsenal last season were headers.

* Bolton’s win at the Reebok Stadium in April ended a run of eight straight Premier League victories for Arsenal over the Trotters.

* Arsenal have won nine and lost none of the 12 Premier League home games against Bolton, with the Trotters last league win in north London coming back in January1962.

* There has been a goal scored in the last 15 minutes of each of the last eight Premier League meetings between Bolton and Arsenal (nine goals in total).

* In the last eight Premier League games at the Emirates, Arsenal have scored just five goals and never more than once in a game in that run.

* The Gunners have kept eight clean sheets in their last 12 Premier League matches at the Emirates Stadium.

* Bolton have lost 12 and won just one of their last 14 Premier League away matches.

* This is Arsenal’s worst start to a season since 1953-54

* Bolton have lost nine of their last 10 Premier League games.

* Arsenal have used the most different players in the Premier League so far (27) while Bolton have used the fewest (17).

Team News

Arsenal

Arsenal are without Thomas Vermaelen, Jack Wilshere, Abou Diaby, Yossi Benayoun, Johan Djourou and Sebastien Squillaci through injury, though they should all be available after the upcoming international break.

Tomas Rosicky, Bacary Sagna and Aaron Ramsey are all fit after injuries.

Bolton

Ivan Klasnic is suspended whilst Stuart Holden only returned from six months out in midweek so manager Owen Coyle must decide whether to risk him again so soon. Tyrone Mears, Lee Chung-Yong and Sean Davis are all injured.

Arsenal v Bolton Preview AbBhhjzakv

Arsenal subs - Fabianski Miquel Coquelin Rosicky Arshavin Oxlade-Chamberlain Chamakh

Managers

Arsene Wenger

"Of course we want to go back and win our games. I feel that we just want to focus on playing our game and finding our collective play as quickly as we can.

"There were some good signs at Blackburn, especially in the first half, and we just want to extend that kind of performance for 90 minutes. I am very positive about our ability and on a longer term that will come out. I always feel that the vibes have to come out from the team. If the vibes coming out from the team are right, the crowd will follow and support us. So let’s focus on us being right because the crowd feels that. We believe they have to trust us on that."

Owen Coyle

"I am a huge admirer of Arsene Wenger. He is the perfect fit for Arsenal. Maybe if he had the same resources as other managers of the biggest clubs, you would see an Arsenal side with different personnel. Yes, they would like a trophy, but look at the players he has brought to the club. I have come up against him many times and there will be no tension."

Prediction

What has happened this summer, the fact remains that 1 win from 5 league games is not good enough, in any league. We are facing a team in Bolton who have been awful ever since the 5-0 defeat to Stoke in the FA Cup semi final last season. We HAVE TO WIN. I don't care how.

Arsenal 1-0 Bolton

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Bolton Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Bolton Preview

Post by Fenris Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Great preview Samuel.

We can win this game but we must not be complacent or intimidated.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm

great work there

hope we dont fail again.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Great article Samuel.

Blackburn was supposedly must-win but this is even more so. How will we ever live not beating wo teams who are in danger of being relegated? Gunners better bring their best.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Great job Sam, this is a like a do or die game, we must come out firing and win it wit at least 2 goals. This team is close to be the team we want them to be, I am sure we will win.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:25 pm

We have to put an end to lossing after gaining leads...
Sure we had our usual bad luck.. But if we werent lucky to get the gift goal against Swansea.. It would have been even worse...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm

The only thing i would say is, we are improving game by game. Against blackburn was a one of result. The performance was amazing in the 1st half.

The defence trained for another week together so expect a tighter back 4. Sagna fit = 50% less chance of conceding.

Santos will be better then last time as well

I hope van persie scores 1 or 2, i am starting to think that he is losing a bit of confidence upfront. Midfielders need to support him though

theo will be our star man tomorrow imo.

I expect a 3-0 win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Still early season, and our team is yet to hit the ground. so i dont expect a hidding from us. a convinsing 1-0 would more than please me.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I believe we'll win...but I'm not convinced it will be in the fashion we'd expect. Bolton WILL score. That's almost a certainty. But I reckon we'll find the extra gear.

Is Park in the squad?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:35 pm

I think Park will probably get on the bench ahead of Chamberlain. Wenger will probably persist with Chamakh a little longer since he did score in our last league game and at this point I think he'd prefer the experience of Park over Chamberlain.

There's been no beating around the bush this week; Wenger has been very open in his criticism of the team, as have the players. Hopefully this will result in an extra-motivated Arsenal this week, because we can be sure Bolton will be extra-motivated to get a result after their poor start.

At the moment, I just want us to get some wins under our belt. Good performances will come after we get the confidence and belief that comes from winning.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:57 pm

How can Chamberlain not be in the squad?

Park didn't impress on his debut the other day for me.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Arsène Wenger says Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is in the Arsenal squad and is “ready to play” if required against Bolton Wanderers this weekend.

The 18-year-old summer signing made an eye-catching full debut against Shrewsbury Town in the Carling Cup on Tuesday and is now in contention to make his first Premier League start on Saturday.

“He is in the squad tomorrow and he is ready to play [if selected],” revealed Wenger on Friday.

“With the ball, he’s ready. Off the ball he plays now like a young talented boy and he has to take responsibility in the senior team.

“That will demand two or three months and after he will be there.”

-----------------------------------

Well, I was about to explain further why I would prefer a more experienced becnh, but it doesn't matter now. I wonder who didn't make the squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Thats great news that Chamberlain will be on the bench tommorrow. Looking forward to see him play for some minuts tommorrow and hope we are winning then. We really need to win this and hope we can keep clean sheet so our defenders and our GK gain thier confidence back.

Btw nice preview Samuel Smile
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Must win no excuses.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:15 am

Wenger has confirmed AOC is in the squad for this game.

Wenger: "Alex (Oxlade-Chamberlain) is in the squad for Bolton. If he gains some urgency in his defensive part, he is ready to play."

Don't think we will see Park in squad.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:24 am

You should win this game, else you are in some serious shit.

GOOD LUCK.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 am

You can probably expect Kakuta to be on at some point after his beast performance vs Aston Villa. Very Happy

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, Kakuta could come on at some point.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down