Gaudiola
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Yuri Yukuv
free_cat
barca 2011
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who do you see fit to replace Pep? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you see fit to replace Pep?

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 am

The Franchise wrote:What world are you two living in?

If Pep has nothing left to win, why dont he just retire then? The goal isnt to win and move, its to do the best he can and take it year by year, thats been the plan he has repeated all along.

This era also isnt about him, you thinking he thinks like that is ridiculous, he has constantly given the credit to the players and ignoring the role he has played.

But worst of all, Pep still has alot to prove LOL

He has taken a team from terrible and finishing 3rd in La Liga, miles away from an acceptable standard and now they are the best team of their era and are playing at an all time high level.

What does he has to prove?

What is really left to win? He has won every single trophy Barca can win under his name. He has won the third league in a row, maybe he wants to win the league more but that's not much. And if he leaves now and Barcas era breaks down it will get assosciated alot with him. Kind of how Inter fell when Mourinho left them.

Let's be honest there isn't much left to prove for Pep in Barca, and that's probably why he is leaving now.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who do you see fit to replace Pep? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you see fit to replace Pep?

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:What would that prove?

Also, does that mean S.A.F is unproven?

How about Sacchi? He only ever won at Milan so.....

Not to you Alf, but I am putting it out there before anyone can even bother saying what you suggested.

Exactly. Two big names that can be immediately mentioned. As I said before two UCLs means you are already among the elite. To that club everything else Pep has done and it's really now only a question of self actualization for him - what more he wishes to do and achieve. What anyone else says or thinks about his standing should not be of any consequence to him whatsoever because he has nothing left to prove to the world.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Any ideas? I think loss vs Chelsea will make Pep stay, but if he leaves, what are your candidates for the manager job?
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 am

Pep has talked to Tito, Rossel and Zubi and today he will be talking to his players about his future. Hope this isn't his farewell speech... AVB, Bielsea or Enrique are my two options with Xavi as the captain coach...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Looks like Pep is not signing. These are the rumored options:

Laurent Blanc

Ernesto Valverde

Marcelo Bielsa

Luis Enrique

André Villas-Boas

Tito Vilanova

What do you guys think?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Looks like Pep is not signing. These are the rumored options:

Laurent Blanc

Ernesto Valverde

Marcelo Bielsa

Luis Enrique

André Villas-Boas

Tito Vilanova

What do you guys think?

Hope he stays.But if he doesnt I am not convinced by any of the options on there.
I would actually like Cruyff to take over again.
if it cant be Cruyff then Bielsa for me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm waiting to see who Cruyff will endorse. Whoever it is, I'm sure going for him will be a smart option.

Blanc is tricky. Would he really leave the French NT after he got them in decent shape? I know in Argentina he would be called a traitor for doing that.

Bielsa might be particular for leaving with only 1 year at Bilbao, and they might not let him go. Bilbao will play hardball to keep Muniain, Llorente and Javi, and I'm sure they'll do the same with their coach.

Edit: nevermind, apparently both are on the last year of their contract and will be free by the summer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Arq says that Bielsa is very very enamored with Bilbao and it's culture.

He won't leave if he wins EL IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by djellisdee Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:58 pm

AVB
djellisdee
djellisdee
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm waiting to see who Cruyff will endorse. Whoever it is, I'm sure going for him will be a smart option.

Blanc is tricky. Would he really leave the French NT after he got them in decent shape? I know in Argentina he would be called a traitor for doing that.

Bielsa might be particular for leaving with only 1 year at Bilbao, and they might not let him go. Bilbao will play hardball to keep Muniain, Llorente and Javi, and I'm sure they'll do the same with their coach.

Edit: nevermind, apparently both are on the last year of their contract and will be free by the summer.

I dont even know how Blanc fits your culture, meh he is a very defensive coach imo. As far as his availability, he has issues with the french federation, so others clubs like Inter and Chelsea have approached him. If he gets a contract an offer before the euros, he will take it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 pm

I dont see why Blanc is some kind runner...what does he do which makes him such an appealing candidate?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3