Gaudiola
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Yuri Yukuv
free_cat
barca 2011
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who do you see fit to replace Pep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you see fit to replace Pep?

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

free_cat wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:My ideal replacement is Tito Villanova.

But provided the players are bored of the pair then perhaps I can come up with some different solutions.

-Xavi upon retirement should definitely take up coaching. Something about him makes me think that he would do a great job, and he's engrained with Barca philosophy.
-Laudrup as has already been mentioned.
-Bielsa. Fits the Barca philosophy profile and I think he would be faithful to the club's history and needs. Commands respect from every player he has coached. While his cabinet is not full of trophies I think he would do a wonderful job.
-Wenger, for obvious reasons, if he ever decides to leave Arsenal and Barca are in need of a manager it will happen.
-Villas Boas? Has praised Guardiola for his style, perhaps he would try to do the same if gen the chance.

Wenger: No please. He has a loser mentality (always blaming luck or the ref when they lose) and it sticks to his team. And never keeps his players healthy.

Laudrup: Average with Mallorca (almost relegated) and Getafe. Both teams have not played very good football. Nope.

Bielsa: People here can't understand Argentines. I always thought that a coach should be easily understood, as they work mainly with words and footballers usually don't have a degree in philosophy. I think that's why Juanma Lillo always fails, although he seems to have great tactical views, but impossible to understand. So no either.

Vilas-Boas and Xavi are good options, let's hope Xavi takes coaching once he retires (he says he doesn't want to).

Vicente del Bosque no either, because he is too much linked with Madrid and Spain for my liking, although his CV is good.

I agree with most of this except the Argentine thing... what about Hellenio Herrera? One of Barca's best ever coaches. I don't think its fair to blanket them as impractical. Bielsa could certainly work.

On Del Bosque, add to it that his football with Spain is sh*t compared to Aragones' and he probably has a better team.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who do you see fit to replace Pep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you see fit to replace Pep?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:31 pm

free_cat wrote:Bielsa: People here can't understand Argentines. I always thought that a coach should be easily understood, as they work mainly with words and footballers usually don't have a degree in philosophy. I think that's why Juanma Lillo always fails, although he seems to have great tactical views, but impossible to understand. So no either.
Well in terms of clarity I don't think it would really be a problem, every player Bielsa has coached speaks highly of him so he must get his point across, unless you're talking about a cultural trait? To be honest I think Guardiola and Bielsa are very similar in terms of strategy, approach, work ethic, and even personality. When Guardiola visited Argentina he and Bielsa had a 12 hours long conversation about football.

Interesting article on ideological similarities: Spanish - English (Google translate).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 pm

bazinga wrote:Meh, even I can manage this team.

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.
GTFO troll!

I really hope Pep doesn't leave and he may just be keeping his options open and who knows he may just sign on again for another year or two. I really don't see anyone that can actually replace him because he is the perfect fit for us. I don't know, it just seems like we would be lost without Pep, we'll see.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:A bank manager.

Hahahahahaha

gave me a laugh +1
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Anyone who can show some weird "tactical" signs with your fingers is good for barca...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:15 am

Frank de Boer, Phillip Cocu doesn't need to be spanish/catalan... imo it's better if he was a former player at the club
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 am

Villas Boas
or seriously I think Martinez from Wigan could succeed for some reason, really love the passion that guy has.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 am

Mr_Puyol wrote:Diego Maradona.

Well I have to commend you for cracking the greatest joke since these new forums started. :lol!:

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:45 am

bazinga wrote:Meh, even I can manage this team.

Actually one Mr. Zlatan Ibrahimovic said the same thing. So he should be among the contenders. Very Happy

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:52 am

First of all Mr. Josep Guardiola is irreplaceable and no matter who comes things will never be quite the same again.

Now about a possible replacement. I would want him to be ingrained in the Barcelona philosophy. Yes being an ex-player of Barcelona is a plus. I read suggestions you all have made like Luis Enrique and Michael Laudrup. What I don't like about those suggestions is that those individuals have a past with Real Madrid as well. I want someone who has a Barcelona past and has never had anything to do with Real Madrid.

As for Xavi, I am quite sure that once he retires and takes up coaching he is likely to be the best possible option for us after Pep.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:15 pm

NO ONE!!

BUT Luis Enrique could be a gd option IFFF Guardiola left Barca in June 2012!! I think Guardiola will stay!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Nah, if I were Guardiola I would leave. There is nothing left to win. He also wants people to assosciate the era with him I think.

Better to leave when your on top
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

omarish wrote:Nah, if I were Guardiola I would leave. There is nothing left to win. He also wants people to assosciate the era with him I think.

Better to leave when your still on top
Fixed for ya buddy.
Pep has still alot to prove.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 am

What world are you two living in?

If Pep has nothing left to win, why dont he just retire then? The goal isnt to win and move, its to do the best he can and take it year by year, thats been the plan he has repeated all along.

This era also isnt about him, you thinking he thinks like that is ridiculous, he has constantly given the credit to the players and ignoring the role he has played.

But worst of all, Pep still has alot to prove LOL

He has taken a team from terrible and finishing 3rd in La Liga, miles away from an acceptable standard and now they are the best team of their era and are playing at an all time high level.

What does he has to prove?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:07 am

Some would argue that he has to prove he can do it elsewhere. I don't agree but it's a common argument.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 am

What would that prove?

Also, does that mean S.A.F is unproven?

How about Sacchi? He only ever won at Milan so.....

Not to you Alf, but I am putting it out there before anyone can even bother saying what you suggested.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 am

Guardiola Goals for Next Season:

- 4th COnsective League!
- 2nd consecutive CL " Historic achievement" 3rd in 4 years :O
- Already won 10/13 possible trophies?
he can win 6 more in next season..
16/19 trophies in 4 years would be better, no? Smile
- Another Treble ( Sixtuple) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I see that Guardiola has alot to do @ Barca! This is why he will stay:)
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
I see that Guardiola has alot to do @ Barca! This is why he will stay:)
That might be why he's leaving though Sad this line of work can put immense amounts of pressure and stress on a man.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 am

The Franchise wrote:What would that prove?

Not to you Alf, but I am putting it out there before anyone can even bother saying what you suggested.

Lol at this being neg repped...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Wasn't me but SAF has proven himself at Aberdeen where he did a magnificent job. He has had huge success with both a small club and a big club. Saying he's unproven is a god damn crime Evil or Very Mad
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Wasn't me but SAF has proven himself at Aberdeen where he did a magnificent job. He has had huge success with both a small club and a big club. Saying he's unproven is a god damn crime Evil or Very Mad

Well, he is just as "unproven" as Pep then..Pep had success and did a great job with Barca B.

Point is, neither are unproven at all, SAF I consider the best coach I have ever seen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

LOL Typical

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

LOL Typical

You think that's typical, well yesterday 7amood got neg repped for offering advice on how to make money out of doing a podcast ( as the Juventus lot are planning on doing one on Skype)

Simply pathetic. Evil or Very Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 pm

What can you do..this is why people cant have nice things, really.

I dont really care about the rep anyway, every post could get a neg rep and it wouldnt mean anything to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:What can you do..this is why people cant have nice things, really.

I dont really care about the rep anyway, every post could get a neg rep and it wouldnt mean anything to me.

I agree completely. I dont care about it either rly i dont understand why people complain about it so much it's just a number lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 am

The Franchise wrote:What world are you two living in?

If Pep has nothing left to win, why dont he just retire then? The goal isnt to win and move, its to do the best he can and take it year by year, thats been the plan he has repeated all along.

This era also isnt about him, you thinking he thinks like that is ridiculous, he has constantly given the credit to the players and ignoring the role he has played.

But worst of all, Pep still has alot to prove LOL

He has taken a team from terrible and finishing 3rd in La Liga, miles away from an acceptable standard and now they are the best team of their era and are playing at an all time high level.

What does he has to prove?

What is really left to win? He has won every single trophy Barca can win under his name. He has won the third league in a row, maybe he wants to win the league more but that's not much. And if he leaves now and Barcas era breaks down it will get assosciated alot with him. Kind of how Inter fell when Mourinho left them.

Let's be honest there isn't much left to prove for Pep in Barca, and that's probably why he is leaving now.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum