Is football taking too much of your precious time?

+17
chinomaster182
El Chelsea Fuerte
justdoit_
Sushi Master
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
Lex
Jack Daniels
Art Morte
rwo power
Ganso
The Madrid One
Cruijf
pUsHa
Babun
Messi
ImAbackBone
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many houres of your week are consumed by football-related stuff?

Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap5%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap8%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap10%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap10%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap20%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap18%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap8%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap13%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_lcap0%Is football taking too much of your precious time? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 40

Is football taking too much of your precious time? Empty Is football taking too much of your precious time?

Post by ImAbackBone Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm wondering if my ten hours of weekly football-exposure is too much? My girl told me it is. pale
Let's see where I am, compared to you. Please give a honest estimate. Furthermore, do you think you are spending too much time following the best ballgame there is? Did you have a serious tiff over this with people near to you?
And a last question: Did you had difficulties letting go a game of your team in favour of social events?
I'm glad about every answer. tongue

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is football taking too much of your precious time? Empty Re: Is football taking too much of your precious time?

Post by Messi Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Probably, but do I have anything more important to do on a lonely weekend or cl tuesday/wednesday? absolute not. I spend most of my time playing Xbox far worst.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is football taking too much of your precious time? Empty Re: Is football taking too much of your precious time?

Post by Babun Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Messi wrote:Probably, but do I have anything more important to do on a lonely weekend or cl tuesday/wednesday? absolute not.
F*** some chicks. Life is short and you're young/living only one time Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Mostly 2 hours ... 3-4 Only when there's CL !

ImAbackBone wrote:
And a last question: Did you had difficulties letting go a game of your team in favour of social events?
I'm glad about every answer. tongue

No I dont ... When Milan played against Napoli .. I went to get drunk with my friends ... and I dont regret a bit of it , since Milan lost , lol ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Hmm.. Depending on what games are on and what time of the season it is, anywhere from 7-15.

ImAbackBone wrote:"Furthermore, do you think you are spending too much time following the best ballgame there is? Did you have a serious tiff over this with people near to you? "

Nope. I'd actually spend more of my time following football if I had it. Very Happy

And no, I have no regrets.

"And a last question: Did you had difficulties letting go a game of your team in favour of social events?"
ImAbackBone wrote:And a last question: Did you had difficulties letting go a game of your team in favour of social events?

Haha you have no idea...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:57 pm

hell no.

i plan to have a career in sports management/ coaching.

if its taking too much time now, my ambitions would be kind of contradictory.

football=life.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 pm

36 hours per day
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Messi wrote:I spend most of my time playing Xbox far worst.

That is a lot worse, true. hmm

babun1024 wrote:
F*** some chicks. Life is short and you're young/living only one time Very Happy

The question remains: Shouldn't we all do something better with our time? Especially since we're young. It is, after all, still a game. Maybe she is on to something... scratch

No I dont ... When Milan played against Napoli .. I went to get drunk with my friends ... and I dont regret a bit of it , since Milan lost , lol ...

I'd acclaim that. Sometimes it is hard, though. Especially at Saturday afternoons. albino

Thanks so far.

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Too much, sure. I hang my head in shame.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Currently too much, yes.

I should be finishing my studies, but I've got the most demotivating stuff left to do last and football - whether it's watching games or reading news about it or being on this forum - is a very convenient excuse to not touch my school stuff right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Meh. As long i can keep doing things productive i think my time for football is alright.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:11 pm

NEVER TOO MUCH FOOTBALL

NEEDS MOAR!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I've actually cancelled dates because they coincided with MOTD or an Arsenal game

Thankfully, the girl knows what's going on when and doesn't ask me to go see her Saturday nights or matchdays

She comes round instead
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 am

i should be studying.....im not...guess what im doing...
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 am

Between watching football and talking about football a good portion of my day is gone.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:50 am

FML, I just typed in a few paragraphs explaining how much football consumed my life. I came to the conclusion that football consumes 37-50 hours of my life. I really can't believe I lost that post!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 am

I will do my best to remember what I had posted.

For starters I mentioned my time spent on this site. If you don't see me posting, it's probably because I'm off reading some brilliant posts from some of the GL members. I'm always on the lookout for certain posters who never let me down. I am a more knowledgeable football head because of your wisdom. That being said, some of you find a way to bring my football I.Q. right back down ( :brickwall: )

I would estimate spending about 3-4 hours minimum per day on this forum.
That would make 28 hours per week spent on this site. Take away a few hours here and there because some of you might notice me in the "Movies, Music, Gaming & More" section.

Watching football also takes up a lot of my time these days. The more I play, the more eager I was too watch other leagues. A few years ago you would find my friend screaming at me for watching Milan v Parma instead of catching the big Manchester United v Chelsea game (I'm a bit hard-headed and loyal, sue me) But these days you could catch me watching any league (Every weekend I watch Dortmund, Milan and Flamengo when I can get a stream.).

I have access to Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, EPL, one League1 game per week and Brazilian league. ESPN deportes will also air a Eredivisie per week, maybe more. I find it's important for me to see all the different styles and get a better idea of them. Football is my passion along with music, I always want to learn more and more. So by the end of the week I would say I spend about 10-20 hours (When weekday games go on closer to 20) watching football.

I started to play maybe 8-10 months ago, these days I'm playing in 2-3 leagues per season and that's probably taking up 3-5 hours per week. When I'm not injured I spend some hours in the gym each week training, not sure if that would be considered football related.

The last part to dissect would be how much football I think about and talk about. Even when not playing or watching, I will think of new techniques or ways to improve my game. I wish I had more friends watch me play so that I could get their opinions. I've been trying to get someone to come out and tape a few game. Not sure how much time that takes up, but let's just say 7 hours, one hour for each day.

So in conclusion, I spent about 20 hours a week reading and posting about football on the forum, 10-20 hours watching football, 5-10 hours playing/training and 7 hours per week talking and thinking about football.

Total amount of hours spend with football: Approximately 45-57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:21 am

Sometimes. But I don't have anything better to do and still do all the important shit so it's not too much, yet.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 am

Too much? Hell no, and I would expect plenty of people in my situation (college kid) to say the same.

When I have class for two hours a day, I have 22 to fill with activities besides eating and sleeping. A lot of people will say "study" (lol) or "socialize," and I do. But, especially on monotonous weekdays, I gotta find stuff to do to fill the space in between; enter watching games, reading articles, etc.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 am

Nope, in fact I'd wish to be spending more time watching games.

But studies are more important.

Good luck asking Messi for a pay check every week. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 am

I think fundamentally the idea of wondering if an action is a "time waster" is flawed. Never be afraid to show and follow a passion.

There are only two instances in which doing something you like such as football could be considered "wrong":

-When you're doing something football related and you wished you could be doing something else.

-When football is too big a part of your life and it causes you to unbalance the rest of it. Missed your girlfriends birthday because of football? You need to scale back.

I believe the people who tend to say other people have "no lifes" don't actually have a life or soul of their own to enjoy. Maybe they believed that getting a career in law was the way to go, work insane hours in the day, have no passions and believe the world should be like they see it. Maybe some people hang around with people they can barely tolerate and think that's normal. Maybe there's some people who think too little and in too simple terms that when free time comes they go crazy for lack of things to do, maybe they overcompensate by doing too many "positive" actions (joining more groups than they can think of, volunteering here and there) and maybe they believe 24 hours a day is not enough to enrich their lives. Maybe some people enjoy only simple diversions such as dancing with the stars because a hobby requires thought and effort which leads to learning which itself leads to knowledge and many hurtful feelings. Maybe discovering having something to do in the weekends like football is actually fun could be very dangerous since that would mean converting to the thing they most hated.

I estimate i spend around 20 hours a week on Football related matters, i regret absolutely nothing.

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:38 am

Art Morte wrote:Currently too much, yes.

I should be finishing my studies...

zizzle wrote:i should be studying.....im not...guess what im doing...

Same here... This is one point which has gotten me to think about it. :study:

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 am

ACMRox wrote:
Nope. I'd actually spend more of my time following football if I had it. Very Happy

And no, I have no regrets.

ImAbackBone wrote:And a last question: Did you had difficulties letting go a game of your team in favour of social events?

Haha you have no idea...

Apparently not, until now football is still loosing to the crazy ideas of my girlfriend. (like: We need to go and get you some new clothes! :facepalm: ) most of the time I manage to channel stuff like this into those dark hours between two games. pirat

The Madrid One wrote:hell no.
football=life.

Ganso wrote:36 hours per day

Crimson wrote:NEVER TOO MUCH FOOTBALL

NEEDS MOAR!!!

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Between watching football and talking about football a good portion of my day is gone.

So for some people here, more is not enough? Well i certainly can follow this line of thinking. cheers

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 am

Lex wrote:I've actually cancelled dates because they coincided with MOTD or an Arsenal game

Thankfully, the girl knows what's going on when and doesn't ask me to go see her Saturday nights or matchdays

She comes round instead

Wow, did you actually cultivated this type of GF to your own needs? Nice work! Laughing

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:16 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I will do my best to remember what I had posted.

I would estimate spending about 3-4 hours minimum per day on this forum.

Watching football also takes up a lot of my time these days. So by the end of the week I would say I spend about 10-20 hours (When weekday games go on closer to 20) watching football.
:cyclops:

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

I started to play maybe 8-10 months ago, these days I'm playing in 2-3 leagues per season and that's probably taking up 3-5 hours per week. When I'm not injured I spend some hours in the gym each week training, not sure if that would be considered football related.

crazy stuff, 2-3 leagues ? Is there a league left in your proximity and accessible to you? Either way, you are a monster. Razz

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
So in conclusion, I spent about 20 hours a week reading and posting about football on the forum, 10-20 hours watching football, 5-10 hours playing/training and 7 hours per week talking and thinking about football.

Total amount of hours spend with football: Approximately 45-57

Isn't that like always, or let me ask you: Do you got still time to do shit?

Seriously, if you aren't making money with football by now, you should think about changing your career, mate. Otherwise that would be a lot of time for nothing. nonetheless, I applaud your passion.

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next