Harmonica
Sushi Master
punkfusion1992
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bayern's UCL Chances - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern's UCL Chances

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Badstuber didn't do all that badly against Messi back in WC South Africa IIRC.

And he seems to finally have shown some improvement since that time despite an indifferent 2010-11 season. He reads the game so well for a young defender, but yeah Messi will have the upper hand.

I don't think it will be a "slaughter" though.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid at finals would be
Bayern's UCL Chances - Page 2 Homer_11
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Bayern don't have the mentality? LAWL.

Bayern don't play "fair open" games anymore. They grind out their results. Don't think the big scores have been because of all attacking displays, because they haven't been. We just have good players who take their chances.

This is a completely different Bayern from the one you're used to seeing in the van Gaal era. While Barca might win most games, against Bayern it will be a cracking match and they're one of the few sides with an actual chance of winning, IMO.

When I say mentality I mean a park the bus mentality.
Any team can beat any team.I agree it will be a cracking game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

McLewis wrote:Badstuber didn't do all that badly against Messi back in WC South Africa IIRC.

And he seems to finally have shown some improvement since that time despite an indifferent 2010-11 season. He reads the game so well for a young defender, but yeah Messi will have the upper hand.

Same game where Messi played CM.How many times did they come up against each other?
Messi plays CF for us.Badstuber will be slaughtered.
Think back to Pato vs Busquets.It will worse.
Why am I even debating this?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
McLewis wrote:Badstuber didn't do all that badly against Messi back in WC South Africa IIRC.

Same game where Messi played CM.How many times did they come up against each other?
Think back to Pato vs Busquets.It will be worse.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Although I agree with you that Badstuber wouldn't do bad against Messi and it wont be a slaughter but I am sorry to say he didn't play against Argentina in South Africa Very Happy
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Think back to Pato vs Busquets.It will worse.

Bosquests is a DM and Badstuber is a CB and play very deep so there is no way he will have to run after a striker Bayern hardly allow that. I can't remember when Last Bayern defence had to run after an attacker.

If we play against Barcelona I pretty sure Jup's will play Badstuber very deep with zonal marking, Boeteng might be the one doing man marking with Tymo while Rafinha and Lahm will track back.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:27 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Bayern don't play "fair open" games anymore. They grind out their results. Don't think the big scores have been because of all attacking displays, because they haven't been. We just have good players who take their chances.

This is a completely different Bayern from the one you're used to seeing in the van Gaal era. While Barca might win most games, against Bayern it will be a cracking match and they're one of the few sides with an actual chance of winning, IMO.

Bayern's midfield is the only one to be able to match Barcelona's. They can also play possession if needed, an extra skill learnt from the van Gaal era. They can take the game to them, without necessarily parking the bus. Bayern nowadays defend very deep and try and hit you on the counter, so IMO, they're one of the most dangerous teams against Barcelona available. They have the midfield to pull off whatever game plan they want.

I don't think it would be as one sided as you say.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Bayern's midfield is the only one to be able to match Barcelona's. They can also play possession if needed, an extra skill learnt from the van Gaal era. They can take the game to them, without necessarily parking the bus. Bayern nowadays defend very deep and try and hit you on the counter, so IMO, they're one of the most dangerous teams against Barcelona available. They have the midfield to pull off whatever game plan they want.

I don't think it would be as one sided as you say.

Stay deep and counter with Robbery.Its basically what I would do as well.But I dont think Bayern's defense is good enough to keep us from scoring.
I think it will be a high scoring gameDont think it will be one sided.Just said that I would be confident.
Just like you are confident about Bayern's chances.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, the German NT did neutralize Messi when he played for the Argentinian NT. Bayern is 80% German NT, so I wouldn't count that out completely.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:44 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, the German NT did neutralize Messi when he played for the Argentinian NT. Bayern is 80% German NT, so I wouldn't count that out completely.
Yes, in other words, we'll have Schweini making Messi's life very uncomfortable.

Tight match, even if you include Spain which is 80% Barca or whatever.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, the German NT did neutralize Messi when he played for the Argentinian NT. Bayern is 80% German NT, so I wouldn't count that out completely.
Yes, in other words, we'll have Schweini making Messi's life very uncomfortable.

Problem with that is Germany just had Messi to deal with.
Stopping Argentina is easy.Just put 2 men on Messi and cut off his passing options.With their Messi complex Argentina will mess up.
Barca dont have a Messi complex.If Messi is tightly marked he will pass it on and other players like Alves,Iniesta,Villa,Pedro,Sanchez etc will do damage.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

Sometimes I feel I shouldn't say much and just leave Sushi and rwo power to reply when it concerns Bayern, you guys are stars...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

The fun thing is - Bayern is more or less the German NT plus Rib+Rob and Barca is the Spanish NT plus Messi. That really should be a more than cracking match Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:38 pm

i thought Badstuber was one of the best defenders in the UCL final in 2010
he is calm, composed and reads the game superbly
I applaud Bayern with the way they are developing youth and integrating many of their stars into their team and the fact they stuck with Gomez who btw is scoring so many goals
they are, to me at least, 3-4th favorite to win or at least make final.
they have a motivation too this year considering the final is at the Allianz Arena
hence I brought this up
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Bayern Munich is the club- reincarnation of Die Nationalmannschaft. Both teams are quiet achievers (because both always reach the latter stages of the international competitions, yet are never drooled over before competitions), both teams are hardly touted as clear favourites (even though they routinely make it to the business end of their respective international competitions) and both teams always lose to the Italians.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Kevacious, I think you are at something there Very Happy

I hope Bayern will not lose against Napoli this time, though!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:i thought Badstuber was one of the best defenders in the UCL final in 2010
he is calm, composed and reads the game superbly
I applaud Bayern with the way they are developing youth and integrating many of their stars into their team and the fact they stuck with Gomez who btw is scoring so many goals
they are, to me at least, 3-4th favorite to win or at least make final.
they have a motivation too this year considering the final is at the Allianz Arena
hence I brought this up

Badstuber wasn't even in the squad in the final. You may be getting mixed up with Demichelis.

And funny how people mention Messi being neutralized when he played a role twice as deep as his Barca role and being led by a former drug junkie with no tactical sense.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: