elm_baraja_shaman
DeviAngel
The_ItalianFool
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An attempt to cure your insanity Empty An attempt to cure your insanity

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

This is my view. In my opinion, this is the correct view. Conte is doing the right things.

MY ASSUMPTIONS: 1) Conte is smart... Therefore, he knows Krasic and Elia and better than Giac and Pepe

THE BENCHING OF KRASIC AND ELIA.

Krasic: 1) Milos has been out of form for the second half of last season and this summer. He decision making has been poor, his crosses have looked terrible, and he hasnt been able to take his man on as he did in the first part of the season. Part of this is due to the fact that he used to utilize his speed mainly, but this isnt as useful in Serie A because we are tactical here and can handle speed by double marking, etc.
2) HE IS COMING OFF AN INJURY!!!!!!

Elia- 1) He does not speak italian, therefore he cannot communicate with teammates on the field.
2) He has a lot of pressure to carry our team, LIKE DIEGO. Conte is protecting him from this.
3) He has been on the team FOR 2 WEEKS. he is not settled, nor does he know our team well enough.
4) By benching him, he is doing something PSYCHOLOGICAL to Elia. This shows Elia the following: You are NOT UNTOUCHABLE. You have to EARN your spot. You have to have to WORKRATE that Pepe has. You have to BLEED for this shirt. You are not given anything at Juventus, you have to give EVERYTHING to Juventus. This goes for Krasic too.

Why you shouldnt be upset about not seeing Elia or Krasic yet: 1) CONTE WAS GOING TO PUT KRASIC IN BEFORE MATRI GOT HURT.
2)WE ARE WINNING! We are on top of the table. Are you a Juventus fan or a Elia/Krasic fan???
3) We NEED confident bench players. Pepe and Giac are getting confidence right now, and its working.
4) Most likely, Conte is smarter than all of us. Do you REALLLLLY think he doesnt seen the talent Krasic and Elia have? The guy gets paid to do this, he isnt a *bleep* idiot....

Anything else I need to explain?

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

An attempt to cure your insanity Empty Re: An attempt to cure your insanity

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 pm

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm

after the EPIC thread, I think I will live the life of an ENT on the forum.....

"Its hard to say anything at all in all of Entish" -Treebeard
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Ah so this is your view, and as I can see it, you explained it very well.

Well to counter some of your arguments.

- We don't think Conte is dumb, his choices are just rather questionable. Who I do think is dumb and I actually have a problem with is Luis Enqriue, but i wont go into depth with that

- Krasic being out of form last season... However you need to realize that the whole squad was out of form... except for Matri. Though he has his reasons, his suspension did not do him well... But then again, Pepe has still been far worst.

- His descion making since the begining of the Season with Juventus has been poor. His chances with Chievo and Sampdoria show it all, but then at the same time, he has done great for the rest.

- True, this is not the EPL and this is Serie A, everything is used Tactically... However, Conte wants that from his wingers. That is why he went after the likes of Elia, someone who is fast on the wing and can support well. Conte did not want the likes of Bastos or Vargas because they were not the attacking wingers he wanted.

- Yes, he is coming off an injury from 2 weeks ago... he's fully recovered now. Same implies for Quagliarella, but always known since Conte's arrival that he'd be a sub for Matri.

- Well, last season Krasic couldnt speak Italian, and yet he played... Del Neri was a very tactical coach himself. So I find the language barrier to be a bit odd and absurd. Sure this is coming from Conte, but as others said, I find it abit lame lol...

- Yes he does have a lot of pressure, but the Pressure is not on him like Diego. Diego was bought for 24m, and he was the SS we had to always depend on. Elia is not only depended, most pressure is on Pirlo, and as of now our best player. I don't think pressure implies here.

- Agreed, he's been here for two weeks and has not settled, but then again... it's not right to keep him on the bench, he needs to play atleast one time... against Parma wouldn't of been a bad idea, as a third option. Or in the second half against Siena.

- He needs to Earn his spot, but at the same time, Elia is the type of player who... is a bit arrogant... if he dosent play, the relationship between him and Conte may drop. Same is happening with Quag, same happend with Ziegler, and most probably also too Krasic as he has been linked to leave the club because of this.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Yeah it's good being a manager who takes no nonsense, but at the same time players nowadays demand alot. They feel like they're not being used enough then they'll walk.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok, thats fine. I'll accept your points about Elia and Krasic even if I don't agree with them.

Now make a list for Pepe and Giaccherini because right now I would take out of form Krasic and a miss communicating Elia over them both.

Show us both sides at least.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Luca wrote:Ok, thats fine. I'll accept your points about Elia and Krasic even if I don't agree with them.

Now make a list for Pepe and Giaccherini because right now I would take out of form Krasic and a miss communicating Elia over them both.

Show us both sides at least.

The other side is that we start Pepe and Giac for the first couple of games while Krasic and Elia settle in.

This is what Conte is doing, and we won 2 games so far.....

On top of that, Pepe and Giac are also getting valuable game time, experience, and confidence.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:24 pm

They better do until Bologna cuz after that it's Milan, and there's no way that I would want to see Giac and Pepe vs Milan
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm

So, if Siena didn't hit the cross bar and scored instead.
Resulting in two points dropped.

How would you move forward then?
Just curious
And what game would you incorporate either Elia and/or Krasic in?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Luca wrote:So, if Siena didn't hit the cross bar and scored instead.
Resulting in two points dropped.

How would you move forward then?
Just curious
And what game would you incorporate either Elia and/or Krasic in?

If Siena scored I would immediately bring on Krasic, then Elia.

I want Conte to start Krasic or Elia against Bologna and sub in Elia or Krasic in the 70th for Giac/Pepe.

Conte has stated over and over again that Balance in extremely important in this team, so it would make sense to have an attacking Krasic paired with a more well rounded either Giac or Pepe.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Elia is actually a better back tracker than Krasic based on what I have seen but alright.

You don't see the problem in that though? It might be too late by the time either Krasic or Elia would be injected into the game. That is the problem. Also, we have to worry about them gelling with the first 11 and this can't be done without minutes.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by diego28ribas Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:This is my view. In my opinion, this is the correct view. Conte is doing the right things.

MY ASSUMPTIONS: 1) Conte is smart... Therefore, he knows Krasic and Elia and better than Giac and Pepe

THE BENCHING OF KRASIC AND ELIA.

Krasic: 1) Milos has been out of form for the second half of last season and this summer. He decision making has been poor, his crosses have looked terrible, and he hasnt been able to take his man on as he did in the first part of the season. Part of this is due to the fact that he used to utilize his speed mainly, but this isnt as useful in Serie A because we are tactical here and can handle speed by double marking, etc.
2) HE IS COMING OFF AN INJURY!!!!!!

Elia- 1) He does not speak italian, therefore he cannot communicate with teammates on the field.
2) He has a lot of pressure to carry our team, LIKE DIEGO. Conte is protecting him from this.
3) He has been on the team FOR 2 WEEKS. he is not settled, nor does he know our team well enough.
4) By benching him, he is doing something PSYCHOLOGICAL to Elia. This shows Elia the following: You are NOT UNTOUCHABLE. You have to EARN your spot. You have to have to WORKRATE that Pepe has. You have to BLEED for this shirt. You are not given anything at Juventus, you have to give EVERYTHING to Juventus. This goes for Krasic too.

Why you shouldnt be upset about not seeing Elia or Krasic yet: 1) CONTE WAS GOING TO PUT KRASIC IN BEFORE MATRI GOT HURT.
2)WE ARE WINNING! We are on top of the table. Are you a Juventus fan or a Elia/Krasic fan???
3) We NEED confident bench players. Pepe and Giac are getting confidence right now, and its working.
4) Most likely, Conte is smarter than all of us. Do you REALLLLLY think he doesnt seen the talent Krasic and Elia have? The guy gets paid to do this, he isnt a *bleep* idiot....

Anything else I need to explain?

:bow:
diego28ribas
diego28ribas
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:08 pm

It's pretty obvious what conte is doing.. Milos and elia have to earn their place, cherish the chances they are given.. They have a history of a poor work ethic.. So playing Pepe and giacc, two of the hardest workers on the team, only makes his message obvious.. Krasic getting chewed out for not warming up correctly or whatever reason, even more obvious..
Plus we have only played Parma and Siena, and were never in trouble.. If we were, I'm sure the first thing we would see is the 4th ref holding a sign with a red 24 and a green 27..
We will have to wait to see our team a their best.. Fast starts haven't really payed off for us in the past couple years.. I'm confident that what conte is doing is going to pay off big time
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Elia being on the bench, has nothing to do with fighting, earning a spot or work ethic. The reason is simple, he's not yet adjusted to Conte's tactics.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 am

Halfsharkgator wrote:It's pretty obvious what conte is doing.. Milos and elia have to earn their place, cherish the chances they are given.. They have a history of a poor work ethic.. So playing Pepe and giacc, two of the hardest workers on the team, only makes his message obvious.. Krasic getting chewed out for not warming up correctly or whatever reason, even more obvious..
Plus we have only played Parma and Siena, and were never in trouble.. If we were, I'm sure the first thing we would see is the 4th ref holding a sign with a red 24 and a green 27..
We will have to wait to see our team a their best.. Fast starts haven't really payed off for us in the past couple years.. I'm confident that what conte is doing is going to pay off big time

I doubt it because it would turn against Conte and they'd be gone by late january.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am

TomJuve wrote:

I doubt it because it would turn against Conte and they'd be gone by late january.

They're obviously going to be our starters. I was just saying that conte going with giacch(who understands his place in the team) rather than going with elia (more skilled), shows that tactics and mentality are what's important.. I think it'll motivate him.. theres something about conte that i like is that he doesnt seem like he'll take any shit and he makes his players work hard.

ItalianFool's points were all good, i just wanted elaborating on the PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect.
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:12 am

the thing is neither krasic nor elia track back by instinct they return only when they are told to .... thats what makes them pure wingers ...and we play 4-2-4 where wingers got to tack back ....maybe conte is training them to do that ? when Mou made pandev track back any1 can track back ffs
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 am

Remember what Mou did to Benzema folks? It's all about getting the players in the right mindset, both tactically and psychologically.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:03 am

I'll ask you to read the thread titled this is Juventus not Real Madrid ^^

Anyways, you described a retroactive approach. Saying, yeah, IF Juventus is losing throw in the best wingers, this to me is not the correct approach.

However, I do like that Conte is giving Giacch as many chances as he can, will this build confidence if he later sits on the bench for long spells? No. This will make him feel part of the team from the beginning though.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:34 am

DeviAngel wrote:the thing is neither krasic nor elia track back by instinct they return only when they are told to .... thats what makes them pure wingers ...and we play 4-2-4 where wingers got to tack back ....maybe conte is training them to do that ? when Mou made pandev track back any1 can track back ffs

Wrong, why I say this is because once again I repeat, Conte wanted those type of wingers, He denied both Vargas and Bastos for a reason. Sure, their not pure wingers, however they are good enough and are great for tracking back, one was use to Serie A, the other one only played in Ligue 1. Elia and Krasic don't track back often and you're right, we do need wingers who do that, but at this point, he does not want that. His tactics as of now don't show any indication of tracking back.

Mou failed with Balotelli.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:02 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:the thing is neither krasic nor elia track back by instinct they return only when they are told to .... thats what makes them pure wingers ...and we play 4-2-4 where wingers got to tack back ....maybe conte is training them to do that ? when Mou made pandev track back any1 can track back ffs

Wrong, why I say this is because once again I repeat, Conte wanted those type of wingers, He denied both Vargas and Bastos for a reason. Sure, their not pure wingers, however they are good enough and are great for tracking back, one was use to Serie A, the other one only played in Ligue 1. Elia and Krasic don't track back often and you're right, we do need wingers who do that, but at this point, he does not want that. His tactics as of now don't show any indication of tracking back.

Mou failed with Balotelli.

Uhhh.... Pepe and Giac track back bro.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 am

Pepe does, Giac does but hardly suceeds. I'm speaking purely about Elia and Krasic.

Remember last season? With Del Neri.. almost every game you'd hear him shout Krasic name, for him to track back... Hopefully if that's the case in what Devi's saying, then Conte better light their asses on fire, but Del Neri failed with Krasic.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:16 am

if you say krasic was out of form, then all of juventus were out of form.

djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:16 am

sciacca how can you say that del neri failed with krasic? you really like to throw wood to the fire.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 am

djfawnz wrote:sciacca how can you say that del neri failed with krasic? you really like to throw wood to the fire.

Simple, Del Neri failed with Juventus as a whole. With Juventus, he never got Krasic to track back, thats how.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next