Xavi is humble and respectful

+18
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
Giovanni10
white_star
Khaled
jibers
Sushi Master
free_cat
Adit
Arquitecto
BarcaKizz
chinomaster182
michael1
Lord Spencer
Magricos
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:10 am

No, seriously. Watch this video first, and then tell me otherwise.



Do not post if you're not going to watch the video.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:30 am

:coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Magricos Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:33 am

:facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 am

Razz

Bu seriously BC, you really thought that people other than Barca fans will watch a 24 minutes video. I mean did you absolutely, positively, think that anyone would bother watch the video if they can troll in less than 2 minutes.

BC and his optimistic view of life. Mysterious hmm
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4504
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 am

"I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon

Razz

It takes you less than a minute to realize that Xavi is a really down to earth guy. He claims he respects Mourinho and that his comments actually motivate him to do better, that he doesn't like fame and is actually made very uncomfortable by it, that he doesn't care about making more money, or individual awards, that he's a family man. FFS, he says his second highest passion after football is mushroom picking.

His image as a douchebag on this board is completely unwarranted and is mainly stemmed from the fact that people have no idea what Xavi is like.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by michael1 Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:45 am

pffttt i dont care what he says in that video xavi is an arrogant pig !!
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon

Razz

It takes you less than a minute to realize that Xavi is a really down to earth guy. He claims he respects Mourinho and that his comments actually motivate him to do better, that he doesn't like fame and is actually made very uncomfortable by it, that he doesn't care about making more money, or individual awards, that he's a family man. FFS, he says his second highest passion after football is mushroom picking.

His image as a douchebag on this board is completely unwarranted and is mainly stemmed from the fact that people have no idea what Xavi is like.

I actually watched the video, lol at mushroom picking. Although I find it fun myself.
In truth, we have no idea about the real personalities of any of the footballers aside
from the few that either show themselves as amazing intellectuals (Canton, Socrates, Maldini)
or those who are douche bags.

Xavis is certainly misjudged here, but as no no really cares what he is really like, they just
create an imaginary character of his on field demeanor. He looks arrogant in the field, just
as Gattuso looks like an angry ma, and Pirlo like a sleepyhead.

I guess posters would always associate, the footballing personality of Xavi (arrogance on the ball, defiant in defeat, etc, reminds of Del Piero in the pitch) as his real personality, although that is not true. Just as Pirlo is in fact a huge leader in his private life, and not as introverted as he might seem in the pitch. And Del Piero is a friendly funny guy. Although Gattuso is still a caveman.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4504
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 am

I didn't see the whole interview ( 24 minutes :facepalm:) but he was very good and very in depth for GC.

I've read many Xavi interviews, he gives very good answers and frequently showers praises on other players.

He also gives 0 false modesty and says things like he thinks they are, sometimes giving harsh answers but not unfair imo. He comes across as sour grapes sometimes when he's frustrated like when he lost against Inter or with the whole Fabregas thing.

He actually kinda said in this interview Zlatan and Villa are selfish players... Not in a bad way though.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:57 am

michael1 wrote:pffttt i dont care what he says in that video xavi is an arrogant pig !!

You have no grasp on the concept of arrogance. Please take a look at Nicklas Bendtner instead.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon

Razz

It takes you less than a minute to realize that Xavi is a really down to earth guy. He claims he respects Mourinho and that his comments actually motivate him to do better, that he doesn't like fame and is actually made very uncomfortable by it, that he doesn't care about making more money, or individual awards, that he's a family man. FFS, he says his second highest passion after football is mushroom picking.

His image as a douchebag on this board is completely unwarranted and is mainly stemmed from the fact that people have no idea what Xavi is like.

Fantastically put.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 am

I'm over arguing on how Xavi is in fact pure class and humble.


But the fact is that footballers do not possess any sense of conviction, philosophy and do not speak their mind.

Xavi is simply a player do DOES speak his mind and has conviction in his words and the philosophy he believes in. He is a man who has a voice unlike some footballers.

Why crucify a man for speaking his mind?

And he in fact humble to the point he makes Iniesta look arrogant?

Anyone seen his house that he lives in with his family and his words on famil y value? As humble and simple as a meal of polenta and bread.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12398
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:47 am

Weren't some Real Madrid fans saying how they think Pep is a demented man because he "doesn't speak his mind" and Xavi does speak his mind and he is "humble and respectful :coffee: "


Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 am

Well if CR7 can be named as a arrogant person for on the field antics i see no reason why xavi shouldnt be called arrogant for his "cesc is kidnapped" interview.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:09 am

Adit wrote:Well if CR7 can be named as a arrogant person for on the field antics i see no reason why xavi shouldnt be called arrogant for his "cesc is kidnapped" interview.

Find me that quote and then I'll agree.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12398
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:21 am

"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.


From barca website itself


http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html


He was suffering at arsenal? knidly STFU xavi.


funny thing was village club put this interview on official website.


Last edited by Adit on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Adit wrote:Well if CR7 can be named as a arrogant person for on the field antics i see no reason why xavi shouldnt be called arrogant for his "cesc is kidnapped" interview.

Find me that quote and then I'll agree.

Actually Arq, you shouldn't agree. These people clearly don't understand the english definitions of the words 'humble' and 'arrogant'.

Whether he believed Cesc was kidnapped or not affects neither. It comes back to speaking his mind, and he actually apologised for what he said about Cesc (which is a sign of humility).
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:26 am

Adit wrote:"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.


From barca website itself


http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html


He was suffering at arsenal? knidly STFU xavi.

So he speaks the truth and then later apologises for doing so. Hence he is arrogant...No, sorry. Again, learn what arrogance and humility actually is. The only thing you could describe him as is somewhat outspoken, which can rub people up the wrong way. This doesn't necessarily relate to humility or arrogance.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Adit wrote:"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.


From barca website itself


http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html


He was suffering at arsenal? knidly STFU xavi.

So he speaks the truth and then later apologises for doing so. Hence he is arrogant...No, sorry. Again, learn what arrogance and humility actually is. The only thing you could describe him as is somewhat outspoken, which can rub people up the wrong way. This doesn't necessarily relate to humility or arrogance.
This is called arrogance.He wouldnt even think about speaking like this if barca were not winning trophies or arsenal werent this trophy less.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 am

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.

Out of context.

He simply states on how Cesc is suffering based on his desire to come back as he did overstate Cesc's emotion but in the end, these two were in frequent contact, and I did not see Cesc disputing Xavi's comments.

Nothing disrespectful at all.

Plus, I asked you to bring the quote where he said Cesc is kidnapped Adit.




Actually Arq, you shouldn't agree. These people clearly don't understand the english definitions of the words 'humble' and 'arrogant'.

Whether he believed Cesc was kidnapped or not affects neither. It comes back to speaking his mind, and he actually apologised for what he said about Cesc (which is a sign of humility).


I'm not directing this towards anyone, but I have seen that opposition fans will go as far as to fabricate their own theory and assumption based on face value out of spite for the target.

Prime example is how Pep is called fake and artificial.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12398
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

Out of context? he was speaking about cesc suffering at arsenal.

Now relate that to his desire to move etc etc..way to defend an action.

If he was right why did he apologize again?

now relate that to how xavi is humblest person in the world.

I rest my case.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 am

Adit wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
Adit wrote:"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.


From barca website itself


http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html


He was suffering at arsenal? knidly STFU xavi.

So he speaks the truth and then later apologises for doing so. Hence he is arrogant...No, sorry. Again, learn what arrogance and humility actually is. The only thing you could describe him as is somewhat outspoken, which can rub people up the wrong way. This doesn't necessarily relate to humility or arrogance.
This is called arrogance.He wouldnt even think about speaking like this if barca were not winning trophies or arsenal werent this trophy less.

No... this is not called arrogance at all.

I don't see how it has anything to do with trophies. Everyone knows Cesc was suffering, he's even admitted it himself. Xavi was clearly asked by a reporter about Cesc's situation and he said what he knew. People got upset about it, so he apologised.

Arrogance would be if he said "Cesc is suffering because he can't play with the likes of legendary midfielders like myself," but Xavi has never talked himself up in his life, in fact he's spent his whole career talking himself down.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 am

Stunningly, this has turned into a Barca-Madrid flamefest... lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 am

Adit wrote:Out of context? he was speaking about cesc suffering at arsenal.

Now relate that to his desire to move etc etc..way to defend an action.

If he was right why did he apologize again?

now relate that to how xavi is humblest person in the world.

I rest my case.

"I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come."

Look at that again.

The difference between he is suffering and he is suffering at Arsenal.

Xavi simply stated how Cesc is suffering due to his desire to come back to Barca but the complications involved whether emotional or between the clubs.

Definitely out of context.

He apologizes simply because its better to appease the 3rd party and move on but also because his choice of vocab was a tad bit to strong as you have to understand when Catalan/Espnanol is translated to english, the context is always out of context.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12398
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 am

Adit wrote:Out of context? he was speaking about cesc suffering at arsenal.

Now relate that to his desire to move etc etc..way to defend an action.

You actually have explained absolutely nothing here.

If he was right why did he apologize again?

Sometimes the truth hurts. Never spoken the truth and its annoyed people? He realised what he had said had upset people, so he apologised.

Funnily enough, admitting you're wrong is a sign of humility...

now relate that to how xavi is humblest person in the world.

I rest my case.

Rest your case? Well I guess it ends here then lol. See if you can find a legitimate judge who would buy that case...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Adit wrote:Out of context? he was speaking about cesc suffering at arsenal.

Now relate that to his desire to move etc etc..way to defend an action.

If he was right why did he apologize again?

now relate that to how xavi is humblest person in the world.

I rest my case.

"I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come."

Look at that again.

The difference between he is suffering and he is suffering at Arsenal.

Xavi simply stated how Cesc is suffering due to his desire to come back to Barca but the complications involved whether emotional or between the clubs.

Definitely out of context.

He apologizes simply because its better to appease the 3rd party and move on but also because his choice of vocab was a tad bit to strong as you have to understand when Catalan/Espnanol is translated to english, the context is always out of context.


Spot on... listen to reason my friend.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi is humble and respectful Empty Re: Xavi is humble and respectful

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum