Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League?

+23
McAgger
cheesy
windkick
RedOranje
Sushi Master
Lord Hades
mr-r34
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
donttreadonred
EarlyPrototype
the xcx
BeautifulGame
Doc
Gil
TheRedStag
Great Leader Sprucenuce
REWB
Bellabong
LeSwagg James
Ali
Adit
The BoyWonder
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League? Empty Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League?

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:08 pm

it must be what, 22 or 23 years ago they last won...and they have started very good this season.

do anyone consider liverpool as genuine title contender this year? and would it be a sensation/huge surprise if they won?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League? Empty Re: Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League?

Post by Adit Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Nope,still aren't title contenders .Both Manchester clubs are superior in depth and quality.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League? Empty Re: Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League?

Post by Ali Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

they are contenders lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:36 pm

The 2 Manchester teams are better like Adit said.. But the mood @ Liverpool has changed, they seem really happy under Dalglish.. They also have some players who can do some damage so I think they will make a real push this year.. Top 4 at least

It will be tough to win but I hope they do, only team in the EPL I like Very Happy

Plus Steven 'The Boss' Gerrard needs to win the Premier League!! cheers
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Meh, the quality is just about there to do it, and there's no fear á la Benitez bullshit like Skrtel playing RB vs Middlesborough and failing hard. (iunno why, but that game is seared into my brain)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 pm

this liverpool side is just as good as the 09 liverpool side that thrashed RM 5-1. they will be title contenders trust me.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:this liverpool side is just as good as the 09 liverpool side that thrashed RM 5-1. they will be title contenders trust me.

Laughing

Adam-Lucas-Henderson= Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano? :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:this liverpool side is just as good as the 09 liverpool side that thrashed RM 5-1. they will be title contenders trust me.

It was 5-0.

Anyways no, I very very much doubt we'll win the league this year. As Kenny would say, we'll stick together give our best and see where we end up.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Nope not a snowballs chance in hell.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Laughing

we were crap that year under juande ramos,they were better.Cant say the same now though,too bad they are not even in europa league.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Laughing

Gerrard- Lucas- Adam :coffee:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

If they're still in the hunt after the new year then they'll have a great chance.

No European football could prove to be a major blessing in disguise for them.

Imagine if they still had Torres though. What a Face
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Laughing

Mole don't you know that Lucas has the powers of Alonso and Masch combined in one. Gerrard is Gerrard. So Adam and Henderson are just bonuses. 🐱
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Laughing

Gerrard- Lucas- Adam :coffee:

Even if he gets back to full fitness and form Gerrard of 09 would still destroy him.....

Liverpool got off to a good start and theres reason to be optimistic but no way in hell are they title contenders...

Newcastle are 2 points from top and currently sit 6th but we wont finish higher than 12th......

Conclusion: Stop knee jerking and calm the f*ck dwn Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Still not as good as Steve-Xabi-Javier though. Anyway, Liverpool have the potential to be title contenders but after 3 games, any talk about them being full fledged title contenders is basically premature ejaculation.

I agree with Mr. Daglish, give your best during the season and see where that ends up. Liverpool fans are a patient bunch anyway so I think they'll be fine for now...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Nope.And i dont think many Liverpool fans are expecting title challenge either.We are still a level below United and City understandably but think very good chance of finishing 3rd and certainly fourth.

And as for 2009 team vs current one debate the 2009 team is easily the better one.But we now have a better squad than the 2009 squad.Infact this is probably the best squad we had in recent memory.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Liverpool winning EPl this season?
Could this be the season Liverpool win the Premier League? Yao-mi10
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Nope.And i dont think many Liverpool fans are expecting title challenge either.We are still a level below United and City understandably but think very good chance of finishing 3rd and certainly fourth.

And as for 2009 team vs current one debate the 2009 team is easily the better one.But we now have a better squad than the 2009 squad.Infact this is probably the best squad we had in recent memory.

Agree, and i didnt expect anything less......

Most Liverpool fans i have met on here are honest, down to earth and dont tend to knee jerk at all my post was more aimed at the neutrals that already think your title contenders lol....

Also agree about the strength of your squad i cant remember a time when it was stronger tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Next season they will be.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I would love to see us challenge for the title, but I can't see it happening this year. Here's hoping I'm wrong, though. Razz

Gil wrote: Imagine if they still had Torres though. What a Face

scratch We would have 3-4 less goals and probably would have dropped more than the 2 points against Sunderland. Let's be honest, he would be rubbish as he would still be sulking around up top; not giving his all; and wasting good service from Adam, Downing and Suarez. Now if we're talking about the Torres of 07-08, that's a completely different story. Cool
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Lol, no. Only United and City stand a chance for the title, and perhaps Chelsea. Perhaps.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 pm

The two from Manchester are favourites, Us next, then an outside bet for liverpool.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 pm

It pisses me off, that these threads are made, idiots who don't support pool come here, claim these knee jerk BS statements, and then people come and ridicule the club, honestly piss off.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 pm

most scousers are quite realistic about their chances and rightfully believe that this is not their year.. in fact its the arsenal fans mainly who claim liverpool are big contenders or so.. dunno why.. confused
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next