Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

+7
The Franchise
Dnmac4
B-Mac
aford92
pUsHa
Zealous
Grande_Milano
11 posters

Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 pm

In RPL match, player Velliton got a 6 match disqualification for this. He caused a serious injury to goalie.





But, you can see this staff a lot all over the world, EPL especially. Should refs go hard on players that do that, or not, because football will turn into a ballet?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Well it's a grey area and for good reason.

It's hard to draw a line between recklessness and actual intention to hurt another player.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by pUsHa Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Wow Spartak are doomed ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1943
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:52 pm

If he got sent off for that then football is quickly going to become a non contact sport. This is one of the main things I hate about modern day football, any challenge that has even a little bit of force behind it is considered too dangerous and the player is punished.

I also don't get the "It's potentially dangerous" argument, surely almost every challenge is potentially dangerous. One example is the Flamini challenge with Corluka last season. The injury occured not because Flamini made contact with Corluka (He actually barely touched him, if at all) The injury occurred because Corluka hit the ball with alot of force but the ball didn't move because Flamini's feet were behind it. The amount of feet he challenged with didn't make a difference. I was one of the few people who were pleased when he only got a yellow (I don't think it deserved any card.) Did he go in with 2 feet? Yes, but rarely does that make a difference, most serious injuries occur when someone standing leg gets stuck in the ground and then someone makes contact with it, the number of feet that make contact with it doesn't make a difference.

In my opinion if you get the ball before the man regardless of the amount of feet the player goes in with or if significant damage is done then you should not be punished. An example of this is when one of my own players Ben Arfa was injured by De Jong. De Jong cleanly won the ball, did not go in with the intention of hurting Ben Arfa, it was a pure accident. And the fact that he got sent off for it makes me worried about the direction this sport is headed in. Another thing is that you can be sent off for going in with 2 feet even if you don't make contact. How can you be sent off even if you don't touch the other player.

Cleanliness of the tackle should be more important than the damage done or how many feet they challenged with. If a player wins the ball then he should not be punished, unless it's a major, potentially career ending injury.

Non contact sport, he we come!!
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 935
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

The problem in this particular case is that Velliton chased the ball he would never get, but decided to take down a goalie. This imo, should be punished whether one received injury or not.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:04 pm

it was an accident it's not like the actual challenge itself hurt the goalie, it was him putting all his weight on his one leg coming down that did....not as if it was reckless or anything, non issue on a freak accident
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Nothing in that at all

Shouldn't of even been a card

Dare I say the C word......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Grande_Milano, I thought he purposely shoved the goalie and he had no shot at winning the ball. I don't mind people playing hard and finishing plays, but this in my opinion was unnecessary. You claim it was a freak accident, but the accident was caused by the needless shove.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 am

To tell you the truth I'm kind of tired of every official protecting the Keepers.

It seems like in the box there is no such thing as a 50/50 ball with the Keeper anymore. if you even breathe on them they stop play.

I mean they don't need it, they are usually the biggest players on the pitch and nothing ever happens to them if they totally take someone out to go for a ball.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am

aford92 wrote:If he got sent off for that then football is quickly going to become a non contact sport. This is one of the main things I hate about modern day football, any challenge that has even a little bit of force behind it is considered too dangerous and the player is punished.

I also don't get the "It's potentially dangerous" argument, surely almost every challenge is potentially dangerous. One example is the Flamini challenge with Corluka last season. The injury occured not because Flamini made contact with Corluka (He actually barely touched him, if at all) The injury occurred because Corluka hit the ball with alot of force but the ball didn't move because Flamini's feet were behind it. The amount of feet he challenged with didn't make a difference. I was one of the few people who were pleased when he only got a yellow (I don't think it deserved any card.) Did he go in with 2 feet? Yes, but rarely does that make a difference, most serious injuries occur when someone standing leg gets stuck in the ground and then someone makes contact with it, the number of feet that make contact with it doesn't make a difference.

In my opinion if you get the ball before the man regardless of the amount of feet the player goes in with or if significant damage is done then you should not be punished. An example of this is when one of my own players Ben Arfa was injured by De Jong. De Jong cleanly won the ball, did not go in with the intention of hurting Ben Arfa, it was a pure accident. And the fact that he got sent off for it makes me worried about the direction this sport is headed in. Another thing is that you can be sent off for going in with 2 feet even if you don't make contact. How can you be sent off even if you don't touch the other player.

Cleanliness of the tackle should be more important than the damage done or how many feet they challenged with. If a player wins the ball then he should not be punished, unless it's a major, potentially career ending injury.

Non contact sport, he we come!!

I literally couldnt agree more, been spouting this for about 5 years now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 pm

aford92 wrote:If he got sent off for that then football is quickly going to become a non contact sport. This is one of the main things I hate about modern day football, any challenge that has even a little bit of force behind it is considered too dangerous and the player is punished.

I also don't get the "It's potentially dangerous" argument, surely almost every challenge is potentially dangerous. One example is the Flamini challenge with Corluka last season. The injury occured not because Flamini made contact with Corluka (He actually barely touched him, if at all) The injury occurred because Corluka hit the ball with alot of force but the ball didn't move because Flamini's feet were behind it. The amount of feet he challenged with didn't make a difference. I was one of the few people who were pleased when he only got a yellow (I don't think it deserved any card.) Did he go in with 2 feet? Yes, but rarely does that make a difference, most serious injuries occur when someone standing leg gets stuck in the ground and then someone makes contact with it, the number of feet that make contact with it doesn't make a difference.

In my opinion if you get the ball before the man regardless of the amount of feet the player goes in with or if significant damage is done then you should not be punished. An example of this is when one of my own players Ben Arfa was injured by De Jong. De Jong cleanly won the ball, did not go in with the intention of hurting Ben Arfa, it was a pure accident. And the fact that he got sent off for it makes me worried about the direction this sport is headed in. Another thing is that you can be sent off for going in with 2 feet even if you don't make contact. How can you be sent off even if you don't touch the other player.

Cleanliness of the tackle should be more important than the damage done or how many feet they challenged with. If a player wins the ball then he should not be punished, unless it's a major, potentially career ending injury.

Non contact sport, he we come!!
Great post, man, even if I don't agree completely. cheers

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by rsinatra Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:
aford92 wrote:If he got sent off for that then football is quickly going to become a non contact sport. This is one of the main things I hate about modern day football, any challenge that has even a little bit of force behind it is considered too dangerous and the player is punished.

I also don't get the "It's potentially dangerous" argument, surely almost every challenge is potentially dangerous. One example is the Flamini challenge with Corluka last season. The injury occured not because Flamini made contact with Corluka (He actually barely touched him, if at all) The injury occurred because Corluka hit the ball with alot of force but the ball didn't move because Flamini's feet were behind it. The amount of feet he challenged with didn't make a difference. I was one of the few people who were pleased when he only got a yellow (I don't think it deserved any card.) Did he go in with 2 feet? Yes, but rarely does that make a difference, most serious injuries occur when someone standing leg gets stuck in the ground and then someone makes contact with it, the number of feet that make contact with it doesn't make a difference.

In my opinion if you get the ball before the man regardless of the amount of feet the player goes in with or if significant damage is done then you should not be punished. An example of this is when one of my own players Ben Arfa was injured by De Jong. De Jong cleanly won the ball, did not go in with the intention of hurting Ben Arfa, it was a pure accident. And the fact that he got sent off for it makes me worried about the direction this sport is headed in. Another thing is that you can be sent off for going in with 2 feet even if you don't make contact. How can you be sent off even if you don't touch the other player.

Cleanliness of the tackle should be more important than the damage done or how many feet they challenged with. If a player wins the ball then he should not be punished, unless it's a major, potentially career ending injury.

Non contact sport, he we come!!

I literally couldnt agree more, been spouting this for about 5 years now.

+1

The Franchise wrote:
Why you want to bring Madrid-Barca into this thread, I dont know. Not only is it boring, but the incidents arent even comparable.

+1
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 2201
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I think there is a difference between a hard, but fair, tackle, and a reckless one. Reckless tackles should get punished.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28298
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 pm

aford92 wrote:If he got sent off for that then football is quickly going to become a non contact sport. This is one of the main things I hate about modern day football, any challenge that has even a little bit of force behind it is considered too dangerous and the player is punished.

I also don't get the "It's potentially dangerous" argument, surely almost every challenge is potentially dangerous. One example is the Flamini challenge with Corluka last season. The injury occured not because Flamini made contact with Corluka (He actually barely touched him, if at all) The injury occurred because Corluka hit the ball with alot of force but the ball didn't move because Flamini's feet were behind it. The amount of feet he challenged with didn't make a difference. I was one of the few people who were pleased when he only got a yellow (I don't think it deserved any card.) Did he go in with 2 feet? Yes, but rarely does that make a difference, most serious injuries occur when someone standing leg gets stuck in the ground and then someone makes contact with it, the number of feet that make contact with it doesn't make a difference.

In my opinion if you get the ball before the man regardless of the amount of feet the player goes in with or if significant damage is done then you should not be punished. An example of this is when one of my own players Ben Arfa was injured by De Jong. De Jong cleanly won the ball, did not go in with the intention of hurting Ben Arfa, it was a pure accident. And the fact that he got sent off for it makes me worried about the direction this sport is headed in. Another thing is that you can be sent off for going in with 2 feet even if you don't make contact. How can you be sent off even if you don't touch the other player.

Cleanliness of the tackle should be more important than the damage done or how many feet they challenged with. If a player wins the ball then he should not be punished, unless it's a major, potentially career ending injury.

Non contact sport, he we come!!

I agree with most of your post, but two footed tackles are just too dangerous, you can still win the ball without putting the other player in that much danger.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Look at you Madrid fans, simply cant help themselves.

Your lick flies to shit, when Barca are involved.

One more post on Barca-Madrid your warning level is coming down.

Why? Because I said so.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely? Empty Re: Debate: Should a player that goes ''to the end'' be punished severely?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum