Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former)

+2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Guiltybystander
6 posters

Go down

Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former) Empty Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former)

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:57 pm

So apparently during the last day of transfers, Valencia made bids both for Vertonghen and Van der Wiel, but both players rejected. "Both felt Ajax is building something great and exciting, and both players said they wanted to be a part of that" according to coach Frank de Boer.

Vertonghen was apparently also under strong watch by Inter, who has tried to buy/inquire about the player on several occassions this transfer period, according to De Boer

"We are only happy they aren't going: that last day of transfers I am always so terrified of getting phonecalls from my technical manager (Danny Blind), because I know that if a big enough club offers enough money, players will usually go" he says.

I am very happy non of our big players left this season (except Stekelenburg, but our second goalie is better anyway).

Does Valencia have a defense situation?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former) Empty Re: Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Valencia desperately needed a RB and still do tbh....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former) Empty Re: Vertonghen and Van der Wiel reject bids by Valencia (And Inter for former)

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:27 pm

could have been an amazing recruiting, why wait so late smh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Vertonghen is so good on the ball like Nick said, they shouldn't have waited

Last edited by Albiceleste on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Valencia needed them badly.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 pm

whom did malaga sign?
wasnt it vertognen?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:40 pm

diptiman wrote:whom did malaga sign?
wasnt it vertognen?

Demicheles and Mathijsen.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
diptiman wrote:whom did malaga sign?
wasnt it vertognen?

Demicheles and Mathijsen.

confused mathijsen with vertognen bounce
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Vertonghen has said in the past though, that he was only going to leave Ajax for a verrry select list (like, Barcelona, Arsenal, teams like that I suppose, Real, undsoweiter)... He likes playing for Ajax, and he wants to win things, so if he wants to increase his changes of winning, I think he will only go to an absolute top team.

Van der Wiel, I am not so sure. He is great, but I don't rate him as highly as Vertonghen (who I think will become the best CB in the world), so I can see him leaving for a great but not absolute top team if he had the chance in the future. Although Bayern Munich has consistently been showing interest, so maybe he will get his deal anyway.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down