Amar
Sushi Master
Highburied
RealGunner
Jay29
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Another International Break Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another International Break Thread

Post by Iceman Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 22:59

Metersacker was meh, but that had a lot to do with his partner really. Got it together towards the end, but wasn't impressive.

Szczesny was fabulous. Save after save after save after save. He stopped some impossible shots. His reflexes and agility have gone up a lot over the summer, in Fifa terms at least. Didn't make a single mistake today. Conceded from a penalty and a play where his defense just went AWOL. Class class keeper this guy.

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Another International Break Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another International Break Thread

Post by The Verminator Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:01

Anybody know how shava did and what role he was playing?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:05

The Verminator wrote:Anybody know how shava did and what role he was playing?

Played a free role behind the striker and did very well - had more infuence down the centre or inside right.

Overall, it's actually been a very good break for the Gunners since a lot of players have done well. Hopefully they can bring this form into the Swansea game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:09

Yea i noticed that alot of the players have been doing very well for the NT which is good after you get humiliated 8-2 by Yanited.

Hopefully now AW will learn to put Shava in the middle. He did against yanited but it was only brief and after we had already lost.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:11

Lets just stop playing Arshavin on the left, alright? Please?

Arshavin is best when playing behind a striker, RVP is best when played behind a striker, Park Chu Young is best when played behind a striker....
We need an actual striker, we have more than enough of those that can play behind him.

Get a striker, change the formation into something like the Netherlands' formation, and start kickin' ass. Thats the way forward Very Happy
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:13

The Verminator wrote:Yea i noticed that alot of the players have been doing very well for the NT which is good after you get humiliated 8-2 by Yanited.

Hopefully now AW will learn to put Shava in the middle. He did against yanited but it was only brief and after we had already lost.
hey look! something you and i have been saying for AGES
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:13

Switching Arshavin to the middle would have been awesome if we'd gotten another DM. With Arteta, I can just imagine Wenger constantly putting him there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:14

Iceman wrote:Lets just stop playing Arshavin on the left, alright? Please?

Arshavin is best when playing behind a striker, RVP is best when played behind a striker, Park Chu Young is best when played behind a striker....
We need an actual striker, we have more than enough of those that can play behind him.

Get a striker, change the formation into something like the Netherlands' formation, and start kickin' ass. Thats the way forward Very Happy

That what I have been wishing, I watched the game he was just amazing, I was getting excited.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:16

Arshavin sprays forward passes in the box area, while Arteta lays deep and dictates the game. Problem solved!

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:18

And when Wilshere gets back? What about Ramsey?

Some players have to accept that they won't be first team players if they play in their natural positions I suppose.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:18

Oliver Khan: "Tonight there was only one world class player - Szczesny."

High praise, indeed.

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into van Persie's performances in a free role recently since the oppositon they played weren't that great. I think once we get Gervinho back from suspension our attack will start to click again. The Gervinho-Walcott-van Persie trio was excellent against Udinese and has a lot of potential.

It's also quite versitle in the sense that all three of them have the ability to switch between goalscorer and provider.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:19

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Arshavin sprays forward passes in the box area, while Arteta lays deep and dictates the game. Problem solved!

The Arshavin today could solve a lot of problems with the Ramsey of today. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:20

Iceman wrote:And when Wilshere gets back? What about Ramsey?

Some players have to accept that they won't be first team players if they play in their natural positions I suppose.

I think Wilshere will be coming off the bench till he is fully fit, he has to fight for it, all our players have to fight now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:27

The main problem lies in midfield, and how our midfielders click with one another. If anything, this International break has shown that we only have one problem: Chemistry.

Ramsey played really well and got MotM on his own.
Arshavin's performances were of a much higher level with Russia
Rosicky put on an extremely good display, creating many chances in the process
Gervinho is having a blast with Cote D'Ivoire really....its not even funny
Walcott was pretty good, but should have scored with England.
Chamberlain and Lansbury ran the show for England in the matches they participated in
Van Persie playing excellently, albeit against a weak team. Lousy finishing in the second game though.
Szczesny was God. Nothing else I can say really
Park Chu-Young with as many goals as RVP, but against tougher opposition imo. All the better

Those are the same players that we've had playing for us, but they haven't been producing that level of play. There are two reasons:

1)Tactics
2)Chemistry

Wenger seems to be sticking with his same tactics; although, I would love to see him change them. This is all solvable, Wenger just needs to make a decision and know who fit together and who don't. Ramsey and Rosicky aren't a good combination, so we need to change that; unless they suddenly start clicking. The purchases we made would help us with all of this.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:34

Iceman wrote:The main problem lies in midfield, and how our midfielders click with one another. If anything, this International break has shown that we only have one problem: Chemistry.

Ramsey played really well and got MotM on his own.
Arshavin's performances were of a much higher level with Russia
Rosicky put on an extremely good display, creating many chances in the process
Gervinho is having a blast with Cote D'Ivoire really....its not even funny
Walcott was pretty good, but should have scored with England.
Chamberlain and Lansbury ran the show for England in the matches they participated in
Van Persie playing excellently, albeit against a weak team. Lousy finishing in the second game though.
Szczesny was God. Nothing else I can say really
Park Chu-Young with as many goals as RVP, but against tougher opposition imo. All the better

Those are the same players that we've had playing for us, but they haven't been producing that level of play. There are two reasons:

1)Tactics
2)Chemistry

Wenger seems to be sticking with his same tactics; although, I would love to see him change them. This is all solvable, Wenger just needs to make a decision and know who fit together and who don't. Ramsey and Rosicky aren't a good combination, so we need to change that; unless they suddenly start clicking. The purchases we made would help us with all of this.

This is what we needed really, they all performed well, next game will be a fun game to watch.

I really believe park will be a major player in our team, all he needs to do finish the chances we create for him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:50

The Ramsey/Rosicky partnership was only there out of necessity. We just had no other available midfielders since Diaby and Wilshere were injured. I'm pretty sure now that Arteta is first name down for main creative role, though whether he'll play a deeper role or a more advanced role I'm not sure yet. He's not limited to either role, in any case.

Our midfield is probably going to be Song-Ramsey-Arteta in most games which doesn't look bad on paper but lacks that one dynamic player.. Every successful midfield we've had has had at least one dynamic player; Vieira, Flamini, Diaby and Wilshere all come to mind.

Only way you can get away with not having one is having really tactically atute midfielders, which we don't really have.

Not that our current midfield can't do well, but I think the most successul part of squad this year is going to be the wide forwards and not the central players like usual.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 23:53

Great work on the thread Jay.

An excellent couple of games for the majority of gunners in terms of individual performances.

Aaron Ramsey had a super game tonight v England and was voted ITV's man of the match. Some great fabregas esque passes at times in the 2nd half.

Szczesny was apparently out of this world for Poland too.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 0:49

Damn, after Kahn's praise, I'm just waiting on a Szczesny match compilation.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 0:57

GoonerJay29 wrote:The Ramsey/Rosicky partnership was only there out of necessity. We just had no other available midfielders since Diaby and Wilshere were injured. I'm pretty sure now that Arteta is first name down for main creative role, though whether he'll play a deeper role or a more advanced role I'm not sure yet. He's not limited to either role, in any case.

Our midfield is probably going to be Song-Ramsey-Arteta in most games which doesn't look bad on paper but lacks that one dynamic player.. Every successful midfield we've had has had at least one dynamic player; Vieira, Flamini, Diaby and Wilshere all come to mind.

Only way you can get away with not having one is having really tactically atute midfielders, which we don't really have.

Not that our current midfield can't do well, but I think the most successul part of squad this year is going to be the wide forwards and not the central players like usual.

what is your take on Frimpong Song Arteta midfield?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 1:10

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:what is your take on Frimpong Song Arteta midfield?

This is the sort of midfield we could deploy in tough away fixtures. Frimpong certainly adds a lot of energy to the midfield but is erratic with his passing, which wouldn't be helpful in home games where we have to sustain the pressure.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 11:59

Dont know if posted before but here is Szczesny's performance against Germany:

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 17:12

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm pretty sure now that Arteta is first name down for main creative role, though whether he'll play a deeper role or a more advanced role I'm not sure yet. He's not limited to either role, in any case.

I think arteta will be more deeper and will mostly playing fabregas type long balls, if this works out Thumbs up if not :facepalm:

usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 17:16

What a goal

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 18:23

Park's been in such good form, that I'd consider resting van Persie against Swansea just to try him out and get him adapted faster.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 1:23

djoe26 wrote:Dont know if posted before but here is Szczesny's performance against Germany:

good to see that 8-2 drubbing hasn't affected his confidence
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 23:45

Team News will be out tomorrow, when Wenger has his press conference and also speaks to arsenal.tv.

Think injury news might be out on fridays this year rather than thursdays as in previous years.

Doing preview tomorrow.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next