A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG

4 posters

Go down

A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG Empty A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG

Post by poolsupporter Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 am

So obviously this stuff is not fact. However, the explanations are generally sound and make sense to me. I've got to say that I really admire the business acumen of our owners.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/the-great-net-spend-rope-trick-and-more-moneyballs/
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG Empty Re: A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:49 pm

If this is accurate then i give FSG a lot of credit. It's a good policy , but it makes you wonder will these players see out their contracts should they perform well , or will they try to force moves to bigger clubs(financially) for more money ?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG Empty Re: A brilliant read regarding transfer strategy with FSG

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:03 pm

@pool: mate posted this yesterday on the "Lobby" . . . brilliant read though . . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 pm

fahim... pool actually posted this thread first.

@rbj: i believe the goal of fsg is to make liverpool a financially strong club that will be able to compete, both on the field and in revenue, with the top teams. granted this will take some time, and players may be lost to man city and chelsea in the meantime, but they are also trying to target players that want to be at liverpool and aren't necessarily trying to use it as a stepping stone. henry openly admits in that article that he is not used to football's way of working, where contracts don't need to be honored and the length of the contract is simply a number on the page, but hopefully the steps they're taking to address that succeed.

and even if they don't, i'm certain they'll be able to replace any players that leave with quality footballers who don't need the exorbitant wages to play here.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 pm

@pool: sorry mate my bad! ! didn't see the timeline!

@stevieg8: thanks for the heads up mate! i didn't look into the timing . .

on the article i would say it goes to show most of FSG's decisions have a long term goal or aim . .its not how we spend now today or in a month but how it would span out in yearS! a brilliant philosophy i presume. . plus agreed with @stevieg8 on buying players who want to stay all the players we have ended up with have all previously made clear statement of coming to LFC which i guess has helped King build the jolly mood around the training camp Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down