mr-r34
lszanto
Art Morte
OLpower
zizzle
35 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

should the EPL get 5 CL spots ? - Page 4 Empty Re: should the EPL get 5 CL spots ?

Post by S Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Serie A was without a doubt the best league in the 90s..I mean there were almost 6-7 competitive teams that could have participated in the competition..

Also Serie A teams at that point were taking El very seriously as well with Inter Juve and Parma managing to win the competition in that Golden Era of Serie A..

I am not co-relating the success of Serie A teams both the competitions but Serie A deserved a Fifth spot in my opinion in the 90s..But they dint acquire one did they ?

Now that game is more commercialized,More money is being pumped in,and Champions League has gone on to become one of the elite sporting competitions in the world which has also co-incided with Premier League's commendable marketing,leading to more money in the league and hence managed to achieve success on the pitch,Does it really warrant having a fifth spot ?A big No in my opinion..

This is a purple patch for the premier league and Every dog has its own day
In my opinion La Liga is entering into their Era of dominance and soon Pl's stock will come down..

I'm optimistic and confident that Serie A will one day rise to the standards it once set..

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

should the EPL get 5 CL spots ? - Page 4 Empty Re: should the EPL get 5 CL spots ?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Actually, Italy deserve the 4th spot, since it's the only tournament they give a shit in and perform admirably.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Serie A was without a doubt the best league in the 90s..I mean there were almost 6-7 competitive teams that could have participated in the competition..

Also Serie A teams at that point were taking El very seriously as well with Inter Juve and Parma managing to win the competition in that Golden Era of Serie A..

I am not co-relating the success of Serie A teams both the competitions but Serie A deserved a Fifth spot in my opinion in the 90s..But they dint acquire one did they ?

Now that game is more commercialized,More money is being pumped in,and Champions League has gone on to become one of the elite sporting competitions in the world which has also co-incided with Premier League's commendable marketing,leading to more money in the league and hence managed to achieve success on the pitch,Does it really warrant having a fifth spot ?A big No in my opinion..

This is a purple patch for the premier league and Every dog has its own day
In my opinion La Liga is entering into their Era of dominance and soon Pl's stock will come down..

I'm optimistic and confident that Serie A will one day rise to the standards it once set..

Biggest myth. As Spains economy crumbles down (and it will), this will spell the end of la liga.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:02 pm

wigglesworth wrote:Napoli has strengthened itself considerably since that game and in the game Napoli led until the 71st minute and then it was tied until Liverpool were awarded a penalty kick. There was very little difference in the team's qualities then, and with Napoli's acquisitions they have more quality now.

You can believe whatever Premface.

Umm 3-1 comprehensively beaten then a 0-0 draw with our B side.

And then you state that Napoli have strengthened, Don't you know that we have 8 changes in the squad in that Napoli game now, Does Napoli have that many?

Our team in that 3-1 win -
Reina .
PFK - Sold.
Carra.
Kyrgi - Sold
Johnson.
Jova - Sold.
Poulsen - Will be sold this week.
Spearing - 4th-5th choice this season
Meireles - HAst started a proper game this season.
Shelvey - Reserve.
Ngog - Will be sold.

While Napoli started with - Sanctis, Dossena, Campagnero, Garagano, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani.

We had 3 first teamers and Napoli have around 8.

You said it there yourself, Our deadwood team had the same quality as the Napoli first team.

Do you honestly think its that easy

And your second reply -
wigglesworth wrote:LOL yourself Premface

Not quite sure, Did you run out of ideas or you wanted to go to the bathroom?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:53 pm

nichabr wrote:funny wiggles is being called bias in a thread asking for a 5th cl spot for epl....

the person who started this thread is an inter fan
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 pm

none of the EPL fans are saying we need the 5th spot.... 4 spots with 6 teams battling it out =better league
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:You don't need to be a premface to understand the BPL > Serie A, face it wiggles you are the premface of the Serie A, Are you that deluded that you can't even see this?

Well, if the BPL is so much better than the Serie A, why haven't BPL teams won anything in Europe lately? Just wondering. Bad luck?

im sorry who has made the finals 3 of the past 4 years?....winning 1 not to mention the countless semi finals appearances by English teams....both Milan teams (including the Serie A champion) were handled by a 5th place Tottenham team

on then there is Fulhams run to the finals of Europa league
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:39 pm

lol wiggles is still using "we have more champions league than you" argument.... in fact thats really the ONLY argument you use wiggles .
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:55 pm

any team can beat any team on their day...just some have their days more often than others....these arguement about which league is better than which and judging it on a few matches makes no sense...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:04 pm

nichabr wrote:any team can beat any team on their day...just some have their days more often than others....these arguement about which league is better than which and judging it on a few matches makes no sense...

we're not just talking about one game we're talking about several matches ...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:06 pm

this was not supposed to be a Serie A vs EPL thread coz we deep down we all KNOW that Serie A>>>EPL.

It's true that the EPL has 5 or 6 quality teams but the depth in that league is laughable, Serie A's middle table over achievers Udinese, stripped out of their top stars, gave Arsenal, title cotenders last year, a run for their money ! that says alot

i made this thread coz basically im tired of seeing weaker teams in the CL that make the group stages boring, while only two of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham will make the competition

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 pm

It wasnt even us who started the whole "EPL DESERVES the 5th spot" subject. But everyone in this forum, esp the Seiri A fans seem to take pride in bashing the PL. Why? look back into how this all started , and realize that it was you guys who brought up the argument, and ended up calling us premface when we defended our league?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:It wasnt even us who started the whole "EPL DESERVES the 5th spot" subject. But everyone in this forum, esp the Seiri A fans seem to take pride in bashing the PL. Why? look back into how this all started , and realize that it was you guys who brought up the argument, and ended up calling us premface when we defended our league?

lol i dont think anyone of them agrees with me dude
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:It wasnt even us who started the whole "EPL DESERVES the 5th spot" subject. But everyone in this forum, esp the Seiri A fans seem to take pride in bashing the PL. Why? look back into how this all started , and realize that it was you guys who brought up the argument, and ended up calling us premface when we defended our league?

he's right we started out posting we didn't deserve a 5th CL spot to getting our teams bashed by serie a fans scratch we had to deffend and voice our opinions Smile
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I think every Pl fan in here saying that 4 spots for EPL = competitive league, rather than top 5 being complacent
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I think every Pl fan in here saying that 4 spots for EPL = competitive league, rather than top 5 being complacent

deff that is one of the main reasons why the EPL is soo competitive but if u really think of it 7-8 teams in the EPL have CL quality Razz( keeping in mind some of the other teams right now in the CL )
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:You don't need to be a premface to understand the BPL > Serie A, face it wiggles you are the premface of the Serie A, Are you that deluded that you can't even see this?

Well, if the BPL is so much better than the Serie A, why haven't BPL teams won anything in Europe lately? Just wondering. Bad luck?

im sorry who has made the finals 3 of the past 4 years?....winning 1 not to mention the countless semi finals appearances by English teams....both Milan teams (including the Serie A champion) were handled by a 5th place Tottenham team

on then there is Fulhams run to the finals of Europa league

Hmmm, the last Premface said that finals presences do not mean anything now you say that semifinal presences are very important and an indication of greatness. Who to believe?

In any case these are the finals statistics for the CL (if the teams were in the finals, they had to be in the semifinals, no.

Nation↓ Winners↓ Runners-up↓
Spain 13 9
Italy 12 14
England 11 7

Don't know but it looks to me that England is a bit back in the statistics, but then what are statistics. The EPL is the greatest anyway.

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:05 pm

:lol!: u forgot to add the fact that england was banned for 6 years from europe competitions ...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 pm

nope its not as man city or liverpool are oustandingly great in europe currently.. the likes of dynamo and braga beat them lol...plus chelsea and arsenal havent been that great in the cl the past 2 seasons..chelsea couldn t beat copenhagen at home and arsenal actually finished second to shaktar...united are the one constant..so may be before 2 years they might ve deserved it.. not now
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 pm

diptiman wrote:nope its not as man city or liverpool are oustandingly great in europe currently.. the likes of dynamo and braga beat them lol...plus chelsea and arsenal havent been that great in the cl the past 2 seasons..chelsea couldn t beat copenhagen at home and arsenal actually finished second to shaktar...united are the one constant..so may be before 2 years they might ve deserved it.. not now

we would'v progressed against BARCA were it not for the ref.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:20 pm

ali8775 wrote:
diptiman wrote:nope its not as man city or liverpool are oustandingly great in europe currently.. the likes of dynamo and braga beat them lol...plus chelsea and arsenal havent been that great in the cl the past 2 seasons..chelsea couldn t beat copenhagen at home and arsenal actually finished second to shaktar...united are the one constant..so may be before 2 years they might ve deserved it.. not now

thats pure conjecture .. i agree the red card was probably unfair, but nobody knows whether you wouldve progresserd or not specially considering arsenal's not so strong mental make up in the last stretch and cam nou being the venue it is

but i was not referring to barca . as they are the best team in the world and u cant be ridiculed for losing to them.. i mentioned them losing to braga and shaktar and finishing second and facing barcelona so they only have themselves to blame in what was one of the easiest cl groups
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 pm

zizzle wrote:i hate their league, i hate their football, i hate their media, i even hate the fact that im making this thread, but dont you think this arguement is valid ?

think of it, u've got united, city, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal and tottenham, all CL material, yet 2 of these teams will not make it to the CL, while at the same time some teams participate in the competition just because they happen to be in europe

im not saying the EPL is the best league in the world coz there's so much headless running around that i wanna see, but, well, their top teams are good ATM

Can only come from an interista :coffee:
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Wiggles completely ignored my post.. Sad. :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

diptiman wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

thats pure conjecture .. i agree the red card was probably unfair, but nobody knows whether you wouldve progresserd or not specially considering arsenal's not so strong mental make up in the last stretch and cam nou being the venue it is

but i was not referring to barca . as they are the best team in the world and u cant be ridiculed for losing to them.. i mentioned them losing to braga and shaktar and finishing second and facing barcelona so they only have themselves to blame in what was one of the easiest cl groups

well did you watch the Braga game ? if you did you wouldn't be slamming us for finishing second but slamming the God damn referee
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 pm

lol not to forget real madrid practically cheated there way for about 5 CLs ...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Keyzar wrote:
zizzle wrote:i hate their league, i hate their football, i hate their media, i even hate the fact that im making this thread, but dont you think this arguement is valid ?

think of it, u've got united, city, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal and tottenham, all CL material, yet 2 of these teams will not make it to the CL, while at the same time some teams participate in the competition just because they happen to be in europe

im not saying the EPL is the best league in the world coz there's so much headless running around that i wanna see, but, well, their top teams are good ATM

Can only come from an interista :coffee:

you make a very convincing arguement :coffee:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next