mr-r34
lszanto
Art Morte
OLpower
zizzle
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

should the EPL get 5 CL spots ? - Page 2 Empty Re: should the EPL get 5 CL spots ?

Post by HscouserZ Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:23 am

wigglesworth wrote:Napoli has strengthened itself considerably since that game and in the game Napoli led until the 71st minute and then it was tied until Liverpool were awarded a penalty kick. There was very little difference in the team's qualities then, and with Napoli's acquisitions they have more quality now.

You can believe whatever Premface.

i would like to remind u that liverpool back then were 15th in the leauge and now we're waaaaay more stronger than last year lol

HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

should the EPL get 5 CL spots ? - Page 2 Empty Re: should the EPL get 5 CL spots ?

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 am

LOL yourself Premface
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 am

wigglesworth wrote:LOL yourself Premface

lol sometimes i just think you like to troll lol, you know your wrong dont but you just dont want to admit it....lol old people are so stubborn
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 am

HscouserZ wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Adit wrote:If those teams were so strong why didnt they win Europa league?

EPL has won one single UEFA cup in last 27 years.

so basically...your saying that Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and Liverpool aren't strong. Right?

Arsenal and Liverpool are no stronger than Lazio or Napoli or Juventus. (or Roma once the American owners get it together) Arsenal had to fight to beat a relegation side like Udinese.

Note: You will see how weak Udinese is when they face Spanish competition in the Europa League.

Liverpool and arsenal are way better than lazio napoli and juventus... i would like to remind u that liverpool last season ( with roy hodgson ) beat napoli 3-1 and napoli wasn't even able to beat us second spurs ... 5th in the EPL beat AC milan 1st in serie a ...

Can you tell me how its even humanly possible for Klose (or Cisse for that matter) to not score against the shabby defense of Arsenal? Old man Natale went riot on Arsenal alone.

I would really like to see these games, would be entertaining though.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 am

wigglesworth wrote:Napoli has strengthened itself considerably since that game and in the game Napoli led until the 71st minute and then it was tied until Liverpool were awarded a penalty kick. There was very little difference in the team's qualities then, and with Napoli's acquisitions they have more quality now.

You can believe whatever Premface.

Napoli lost because of lack of experience imo, wouldnt happen this season.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:38 am

Wiggles dont take this personally but
I cant take you seriously. You are like cyberman on roids when it comes to being bias about your league. Every thing you say about Italian teams equates to :
1 how great your teams are

2 when siri a teams lose (they usually do), you always justify this by saying the loss was the result of some serious crazy unforeseeable act of god, players missing or something

So give me actual reason why you feel that Napoli, Juve, and Lazio and roma are better than Liverpool and Arsenal? What have they done /achieved to warrant such acclaim? And please dont resort into letting us know how many CL Italian teams have won.

you end up going back to the history thing.... cant say i didn't see that coming

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

Has anyone actually offered a thoughtful, concrete reason why England should have 5 CL spots?

If so, I must've missed it.

Honestly, I don't think such a reason exists.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Wiggles dont take this personally but
I cant take you seriously. You are like cyberman on roids when it comes to being bias about your league. Every thing you say about Italian teams equates to :

2 when siri a teams lose (they usually do), you always justify this by saying the loss was the result of some serious crazy unforeseeable act of god, players missing or something

So give me actual reason why you feel that Napoli, Juve, and Lazio and roma are better than Liverpool and Arsenal? What have they done /achieved to warrant such acclaim? And please dont resort into letting us know how many CL Italian teams have won.

I highly doubt Wiggles watch siri a
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 am

4 is enough, unless La liga get 5 spots too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 am

Eivindo wrote:
HscouserZ wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Adit wrote:If those teams were so strong why didnt they win Europa league?

EPL has won one single UEFA cup in last 27 years.

so basically...your saying that Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and Liverpool aren't strong. Right?

Arsenal and Liverpool are no stronger than Lazio or Napoli or Juventus. (or Roma once the American owners get it together) Arsenal had to fight to beat a relegation side like Udinese.

Note: You will see how weak Udinese is when they face Spanish competition in the Europa League.

Liverpool and arsenal are way better than lazio napoli and juventus... i would like to remind u that liverpool last season ( with roy hodgson ) beat napoli 3-1 and napoli wasn't even able to beat us second spurs ... 5th in the EPL beat AC milan 1st in serie a ...

Can you tell me how its even humanly possible for Klose (or Cisse for that matter) to not score against the shabby defense of Arsenal? Old man Natale went riot on Arsenal alone.

I would really like to see these games, would be entertaining though.

calton cole at times has given us problems? so... doesn't stop us thrashing westham...lol our defence is not our strongest asset but its not a joke, on our day we can defend very well. dude klose can do whatever he likes, if we faced napoli (with our full team) they would be thrashed. we would score more against them then they would against us. stop comparing us to napoli dude because could take on milan, inter, anyone in that league. in the last few years in the CL we have gone out against teams like BARCALONA and a liverpool team that thrashed RM 5-1, not shit teams like spurs. i cant remember the last time recently any foreign team bar barcelona (the best team in the world) has knock us out.

OT: no i dont think we deserve 5 spots because i dont think we are that much better then anyone else to deserve 5 spots

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

lol sometimes i just think you like to troll lol, you know your wrong dont but you just dont want to admit it....lol old people are so stubborn

What is so funny (and suitable for LOL) is how the propaganda that has been emanating from the EPL has affected Premfaces so that it makes it difficult for premfaces to face facts.

1. 4 of the last 5 CLs have been won by La Liga and Serie A.
2. The last 2 by La Liga and the Serie A.

Even going back 20 years the EPL has only won it 3 times, while Serie A has won it 5 times. (La Liga 6 times)

The EPL is barely better than the Bundesliga in winning the CL over the past 20 years.

Why all this arrogance when the EPL is not that successful in the CL and even worse in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. I don't get it. Must be the kool aid the Premfaces drink.

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am

mtfootball wrote:4 is enough, unless La liga get 5 spots too.
You got to be kidding? who was even the 5th best team in La liga. If anything the french league deserves another spot in the CL
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 am

McLewis wrote:Has anyone actually offered a thoughtful, concrete reason why England should have 5 CL spots?

If so, I must've missed it.

Honestly, I don't think such a reason exists.
me neither,if their 5th best team is so good they will be winning Euoropa league by default but in reality they have won one single trophy in last 27 years.

Where was this "strong " EPL team in last year europa league?

All this EPL needs 5th CL spot argument is based on the new owners take over of some EPL clubs and not based on perfomance on the field in europe.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

wigglesworth wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

What is so funny (and suitable for LOL) is how the propaganda that has been emanating from the EPL has affected Premfaces so that it makes it difficult for premfaces to face facts.

Even going back 20 years the EPL has only won it 3 times, while Serie A has won it 5 times. (La Liga 6 times)

The EPL is barely better than the Bundesliga in winning the CL over the past 20 years.

Why all this arrogance when the EPL is not that successful in the CL and even worse in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. I don't get it. Must be the kool aid the Premfaces drink.

and in the last 34 years WE HAVE WON 10, WHAT THE FRAK IS YOUR POINT?

Lazio and Napoli and Juventus are NOT better then Arsenal and Liverpool, please, their midfield would get STEAMROLLED . They would hardly touch a ball ffs. Also to answer a guy above, we'v played Cisse before...still didn't score. Premface....lol , calling someone premface gives them the right to call you a Serie A c*cksucker
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

As stated before, if Serie A back in the 90's didn't have more European Cup/UCL spots than other leagues, I fail to see how exactly EPL deserves such a feat and let's be real here, no league has ever been as dominate currently as Serie A during that era of football.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:57 am

You and other Premfaces are so brainwashed about the EPL that you cannot fathom anyone believing a Serie A team is on the level of an EPL team. You take bias to another level. It's like, "how dare anyone think that a team not from the EPL is in any way on the level of an EPL team".

You premfaces are so biased you don't recognize it as bias.

And, all of this has no basis in fact based on final results and CL and EL championships, the only place where leagues can be compared.

I suspect Premfaces are born believing the EPL has won more CLs and ELs/Uefa Cups than any other league recently if not throughout the histories of the cups.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 am

EPL has trashed the Serie A teams as far as I remember, comparing Arsenal to Lazio or Napoli is embarrassing, Juventus is a great team and one of my fav teams after Arsenal. Del piero is a true legend and I love the guy, no homo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 am

Same old, same old.

1) 4 is enough, more than that will create unbalance. Rich enough EPL teams with sugar daddies will become even more rich, while top teams in other leagues poorer, and we ll have all of them in playoffs, still losing to Europe's top, but not giving chance to decent teams like Marseille, etc chance to compete.

2) Spurs steamrolled through all EPL top teams last year, so saying crap like Tott>Milan is stupid, based on 1 match.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 am

ali8775 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

and in the last 34 years WE HAVE WON 10, WHAT THE FRAK IS YOUR POINT?

Lazio and Napoli and Juventus are NOT better then Arsenal and Liverpool, please, their midfield would get STEAMROLLED . They would hardly touch a ball ffs. Also to answer a guy above, we'v played Cisse before...still didn't score. Premface....lol , calling someone premface gives them the right to call you a Serie A c*cksucker

1. The point is, Serie A has been in the CL final many more times and have won more CLs than the EPL. Full stop.

And, in typical Premface fashion of the bias on steroids the Premface du jour claims:

"their midfield would get STEAMROLLED . They would hardly touch a ball ffs. " Talking about Juventus, Napoli and Lazio.

And, these Premfaces accuse others of bias. LOL

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:02 am

wigglesworth wrote:

You and other Premfaces are so brainwashed about the EPL that you cannot fathom anyone believing a Serie A team is on the level of an EPL team. You take bias to another level. It's like, "how dare anyone think that a team not from the EPL is in any way on the level of an EPL team".

And, all of this has no basis in fact based on final results and CL and EL championships, the only place where leagues can be compared.

I suspect Premfaces are born believing the EPL has won more CLs and ELs/Uefa Cups than any other league recently if not throughout the histories of the cups.

The team who finished 5th in the EPL beat your Champion, what are you trying to say, past couple of years Arsenal and Man united have knocked your Champions with no problem, they actually embarrassed them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:02 am

I honestly dont see how comparing Napoli who was third best team in series A to arsenal who were 4th best in EPL last year an insult.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:03 am

wigglesworth wrote:

the thing is wiggles, you are comparing napoli and lazio to liverpool and arsenal. liverpool and arsenal regularly do well and go far in the knockout stages in in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE when they are there. napoli and florentina are struggle in the europe league ffs. its just criminal to say we are on the same level atm.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:03 am

Doc wrote:As stated before, if Serie A back in the 90's didn't have more European Cup/UCL spots than other leagues, I fail to see how exactly EPL deserves such a feat and let's be real here, no league has ever been as dominate currently as Serie A during that era of football.

Serie A is not going to reach that height ever again. Its not a marketable league, nor does it have the potential to expand and bring in new fans. Look im not going to sit here and bash the league. The main reason why seiri A was dominant during the 90s is the very reason why EPL is dominant now. It all comes down to money, something Serie A, as a league does not have.
Does EPL need the 5th spot for CL? no... i dont see any "prem face" as you like to call us, agreeing to this... yet everyone here is quick to antagonize us lol

lets not forget the fact that, the modern face of epl really started only 15 years back in reality.

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:04 am

Adit wrote:I honestly dont see how comparing Napoli who was third best team in series A to arsenal who were 4th best in EPL last year an insult.
#

you know what lets see what they do in the CL this year and we will come back to this thread.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am

Adit wrote:I honestly dont see how comparing Napoli who was third best team in series A to arsenal who were 4th best in EPL last year an insult.

Its a insult when a 5th place EPL team knocks out the 1st place Serie A team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 am

I really hope we end up playing one of the Italian teams ... it will be a stress free route to earning some cash , which our team could do with.
but then assuming that they will get out of the group stages is already a big ask

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next