Sushi Master
bloodless
REWB
Sri
Jay29
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Udinese Calcio 1 - 2 Arsenal: Good team display ensure Arsenal progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Udinese Calcio 1 - 2 Arsenal: Good team display ensure Arsenal progress

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 pm

My heart'll stop pounding once we get the United game out of the way

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Udinese Calcio 1 - 2 Arsenal: Good team display ensure Arsenal progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Udinese Calcio 1 - 2 Arsenal: Good team display ensure Arsenal progress

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Lets not kid ourselves, though. The midfield still hasn't jelled together. This result that we achieved today was a result of our attacking third finally jelling together, knowing each other and Gervinho learning how to pass well. Our midfield still doesn't perform well with Rosicky and Ramsey. They both get into each other's ways, and their styles don't quite fit. Replace either of them with Wilshere, though, and everything will be better.

The problem is finding a replacement for Wilshere. This is what we need to look for in the current market
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Impressive:
Jenkinson
Szczęsny
Gervinho

Song is depressing

overall, good team spirit.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Song's second half was nothing short of fantastic. Didn't put a foot wrong
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Iceman wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
imalegend wrote:good result...

btw i am still waiting to see AoC.....Wenger keeps talking about his Quality in Press Conferences but never plays him
Debut in the Champions League even before the PL? That would be a record.

Talk about pressure.

You mean, like Jenkinson?
He's had a few PL games to get used to the team, at least. But yeah. There was also Frimpong Very Happy I wouldn't want to debut 3 youngsters in the CL unless we want a Liverpool match all over again.

With Jenkinson and Frimpong there's enough pressure as it is.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Wenger admits he is still in search for a new player but will not make any promise to fans.

“We work very hard on signings but if you look at the players we had tonight they were top class. [Does that mean you won't make any signings?] There may be signings but I cannot lie and say we will sign someone tomorrow because it is not true. We try.” Wenger said

--------

are you shitting me!
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Oh phew, I was so worried >>

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 pm

They both performed admirably well though, it has to be said. We even saw a bit more of Jenkinson going forward, overlapping and playing some chip passes.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with out youth. No wonder Lansbury can't get any game time. Still, I think Lansbury would do a better job of jelling the midfield together than either one of Ramsey or Rosicky
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Gervinho had a good match.. And Vermaelen the real leader at the back... Sad to receive a yellow for an accident..
Jenkinson.. Already proving that he is a good signing...
Good performances from Song and Djurou.. Only Ramsey looked poor.. Rosicky was good... Rvp and Sagna as usual..
Walcott poor at times but took his goal and won the game for us... A strong signing in midfield and Wilshere coming back and we are back into the race...
Mom for me Sczeny.. He is only 20.. He may make mistakes.. But this guy is tough and full of confidence...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Szczesny doesn't make mistakes..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Iceman wrote:

The problem is finding a replacement for Wilshere. This is what we need to look for in the current market

not really. i mean, if we got one for the right price that'd be great but what we're missing is somone who can pick out passes in the middle and distribute. wilshere's more of a ball carrier right now and can improve as a distributor
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 pm

First post updated.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:29 pm

De gea > > > > > Scezney :coffee:
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Jamin wrote:Wenger admits he is still in search for a new player but will not make any promise to fans.

“We work very hard on signings but if you look at the players we had tonight they were top class. [Does that mean you won't make any signings?] There may be signings but I cannot lie and say we will sign someone tomorrow because it is not true. We try.” Wenger said

--------

are you shitting me!

lol dude he has to say that, the important thing is that he said "we are working very hard on signings" lol dude what do you want him to say? "we are working hard on signings because the players we have currently are shit" that would b worse
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh how I love you Wilshere, Szczesny, Gervinho, Vermaelen and Walcott.

however Theo REAALLY needs to work on his dribbling

and I feel Wenger will sign no1

that reaction has I'm sticking with my squad written all over it
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Iceman wrote:

not really. i mean, if we got one for the right price that'd be great but what we're missing is somone who can pick out passes in the middle and distribute. wilshere's more of a ball carrier right now and can improve as a distributor

You misunderstood me. What I meant to say is that we need to find that one player that would fit in either Rozza/Ramsey nicely, so as to replace Wilshere whenever he's out because a midfield or Rozza and Ramsey lacks a lot in terms of understanding and fluidity.

Rosicky and Wilshere were a very good pair last season. Rosicky can spray the ball around, Wilshere does the rest.
Ramsey and Wilshere dominated United last season, if you recall.

We just need to find someone that would do well with either Ramsey or Rosicky
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 pm

nah wenger is smart he knows he needs to buy ffs. this is not like last year. when we were comfortably better then liverpool/spurs. but not now, he knows that we might not make top 4.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:nah wenger is smart he knows he needs to buy ffs. this is not like last year. when we were comfortably better then liverpool/spurs. but not now, he knows that we might not make top 4.

haha you underestimate the ability of Sir Weng

todays win has shown him a little quality, and an excuse to show confidence in this squad.... I'll now be surprised if he actually brings in a player who not a young future talent
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Just getting on a computer now so by this time the joy train has probably passed, but all I have to say is that it's nice to finally have that feeling back of full satisfaction after a game. There has always been something to complain about after a game for the last few months, but thanks to super-Szczesny and co. I am all smiles today. Now I remember why I watch this sport Very Happy

My confidence has slightly increased regarding our Old Trafford chances this weekend. Slightly.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Wojo has got some serious mojo going on!

Player of the month for me really.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Theo is out for the next CL match due to suspension btw
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Theo is out for the next CL match due to suspension btw

On top of this, Vermaelen apparently picked up a knock during the game and wanted to come off.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 am

Udinese Calcio 1 - 2 Arsenal: Good team display ensure Arsenal progress - Page 2 RAGE-face
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:06 am

So verm, gibbs, kos, wilshere, diaby all unavailable for Yanited. Nice Neutral
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 am

Just seen the second goal again. When Vermaelen plays it long to Sagna, the camera just caught him feeling his left thigh and limping a bit.

I don't think it's anything serious and it could just be a bit of cramp since it was really hot in Udine tonight. If the injury isn't that serious you can be sure he'll play against United. He's a fighter. Remember in his first season he played several games with an injury.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:14 am

And last season he missed almost the entire season with injury setbacks :coffee:
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next