RobbyV
Giggslegend
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Money grabbing FC - Page 4 Empty Re: Money grabbing FC

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:22 pm

che wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:Whether you like it or not, my friend, people are going to Manchester City in part to win trophies these days...

this

and honestly, utterly stupid xi... mata and aguero both left clubs with no hope to win anything, and if you take a realistic point of view so did clichy and nasri... etoo on the other hand has won everything imaginable on club level, surely you can save the hate for going to earn extra money...

yup

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Son, I'm just amused that you made this thread as a dig to other clubs when one of your players fits the category perfectly, and you know it since you said you don't want to include him since he's one of your players. Laughing

But if it makes sense to your 10 year old brain then I'm not saying anything.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm

McLewis wrote:Some of these fallacious comments are unbelievable.

Footballers are entertainers and professionals. They can't all be saints.

I personally have nothing against players who are joining clubs for larger paycheck. I know they have fans, but they need to look out for themselves and their families first and foremost. Joining clubs like Citeh certainly fulfill that objective.

I bet Eto´o could support his family while earning 11M at inter mate, anyway they dont need to be saints at all I´m just pointing out that some players are more money orientated than others. Yes this thread panned out in a different way than I thought
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm

what a joke,rooney who publicly insulted manchester united for larger pay check is not a money grabbing wh&re?.He wanted to leave manchester for a bigger check lol,but again im trolling ,rooney never said those things.Get a grip man,atleast look into your own squad when you talk about money grabbing whores.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:27 pm

english_jewel wrote:Son, I'm just amused that you made this thread as a dig to other clubs when one of your players fits the category perfectly, and you know it since you said you don't want to include him since he's one of your players. Laughing

I made this thread as some sort of puzzle for a starting XI.

Now it turned into rooney and man utd attacks, I just trying to show different sides. I never claimed Rooney is a saint either as he is as money orientated as all mentioned in this thread.

I guess I stepped on some toes for stating the obvious...
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Adit wrote:what a joke,rooney who publicly insulted manchester united for larger pay check is not a money grabbing wh&re?.He wanted to leave manchester for a bigger check lol,but again im trolling ,rooney never said those things.Get a grip man,atleast look into your own squad when you talk about money grabbing whores.

And I never claimed Rooney as a saint either you joker, and I never used profane words such as
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:29 pm

english_jewel wrote:Son, I'm just amused that you made this thread as a dig to other clubs when one of your players fits the category perfectly, and you know it since you said you don't want to include him since he's one of your players. Laughing

but rooney isnt a mercenary lol,what a hypocrutical thread.the first person in this list should be utdhavenoambition rooney.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Adit wrote:

but rooney isnt a mercenary lol,what a hypocrutical thread.the first person in this list should be utdhavenoambition rooney.

Money grabbing FC - Page 4 Skjerm13

Money grabbing FC - Page 4 Skjerm14
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
Adit wrote:what a joke,rooney who publicly insulted manchester united for larger pay check is not a money grabbing wh&re?.He wanted to leave manchester for a bigger check lol,but again im trolling ,rooney never said those things.Get a grip man,atleast look into your own squad when you talk about money grabbing whores.

And I never claimed Rooney as a saint either you joker, and I never used profane words such as
quoting "whore" part to get me banned? incredible when you go out of arguments.

btw i called rooney money grabbing wh'ore not a poster.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Aren't we all money grabbers in real life?? If we have one job and earn a particular wage but if a big company pops up and offers to treble our wages won't we all join that company? For those of you calling players mercenaries, answer the question. I can't see how they should be any different from us.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 pm

english_jewel wrote:Aren't we all money grabbers in real life?? If we have one job and earn a particular wage but if a big company pops up and offers to treble our wages won't we all join that company? For those of you calling players mercenaries, answer the question. I can't see how they should be any different from us.

1) I never claimed its a bad thing, I just pointed out who chose the best payed option.

2) Didnt bring up the mercenary, that was adit who did Wink

3) Don´t need to be different but I find players who play for their club in a passion and money wont tempt them away more admireable, but again for the twelth time its nothing wrong to choose the best payed option
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Adit wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:

quoting "whore" part to get me banned? incredible when you go out of arguments.

btw i called rooney money grabbing wh'ore not a poster.

You angled it as I sayd the players I listed in the OP was whor....s wich I never did, thats all no ban intended from my side
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
1) I never claimed its a bad thing, I just pointed out who chose the best payed option.

Giggslegend wrote:Lets make a starting XI out of the players who left a club for "success" and certainly not for the $alary...

Tell me that you aren't pointing to "mercenaries" here. You basically defined the word in the OP but just didn't say it directly.

Stop trying to run away from what you said like a coward. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Thread=Big jibe at Man city.

They got the money our clubs don't, live with it..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:46 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:

Giggslegend wrote:Lets make a starting XI out of the players who left a club for "success" and certainly not for the $alary...

Tell me that you aren't pointing to "mercenaries" here. You basically defined the word in the OP but just didn't say it directly.

Stop trying to run away from what you said like a coward. Laughing

hehe I wrote the OP with the intentions of being funny and I pointed to footballers not mercenaries...

running away? Now I heard that. If you read through the thread you will notice that I several times mentioned some players are more money orientated but its nothing wrong with that just not my cup of tea.

Now you attacked my posts in this thread about 10 times trying to angle my opinions different from what I think myself and its amusing son Smile

Edit: since you seem to know what I´m thinking better than myself, can you tell me what I want for dinner today since I´m not sure yet Sad
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Failed Argument

Say he wasn't being serious

Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:48 pm

english_jewel wrote:Failed Argument

Say he wasn't being serious

Laughing

I was not serious to start with, but I got so many serious replies that needed serious replying from a serious point of view Wink
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm

This is Man Utd fans for you. I'm done with this one.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 pm

english_jewel wrote:This is Man Utd fans for you. I'm done with this one.

English Jewel I´m dissapointed in your rash decision here... First of all you cant blame an entire fanbase based on only me Sad

Also you took the easy way out doing the old fashioned "this is "Insert club name" fans for you....Sad

I´m sorry I made you so upset by agreeing on rooney being money orientated together with eto and some other player while never claiming its anything wrong with it Sad
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 pm

This Man U fan is either proper just taking the piss and not being serious at all or hes going to get banned eventually. Twisted Evil

Can't really tell which one it is atm my radars ain't on properly :idea:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Ade wrote:This Man U fan is either proper just taking the piss and not being serious at all or hes going to get banned eventually. Twisted Evil

Can't really tell which one it is atm my radars ain't on properly :idea:

Banned for what exactly? lol can´t see I done nothing more than replying on posts about me
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Giggslegend wrote:

I personally have nothing against players who are joining clubs for larger paycheck. I know they have fans, but they need to look out for themselves and their families first and foremost. Joining clubs like Citeh certainly fulfill that objective.

I bet Eto´o could support his family while earning 11M at inter mate, anyway they dont need to be saints at all I´m just pointing out that some players are more money orientated than others. Yes this thread panned out in a different way than I thought

And what exactly is wrong with being money oriented? Wall Street bankers are oriented. Texas Oil Barons are money oriented. Computer software giants are money oriented. Are they the most likable people on earth? Hell naw, but they earned an honest living. That's what separates them from Ponzi schemers, drug lords, and crime bosses.

They worked hard to get where they are today and are now in a position where they can provide well for their families. I see no wrong in that. Footballers are of that same ilk. I really do admire players like Totti or ADP or Gerrard for turning down big money to stay with their hometown clubs, but at the same time, you can hate on Eto'o or Nasri or whoever all you want, but they worked hard for that money. Nothing changes that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 pm

McLewis wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:

And what exactly is wrong with being money oriented? Wall Street bankers are oriented. Texas Oil Barons are money oriented. Computer software giants are money oriented. Are they the most likable people on earth? Hell naw, but they earned an honest living. That's what separates them from Ponzi schemers, drug lords, and crime bosses.

They worked hard to get where they are today and are now in a position where they can provide well for their families. I see no wrong in that. Footballers are of that same ilk. I really do admire players like Totti or ADP or Gerrard for turning down big money to stay with their hometown clubs, but at the same time, you can hate on Eto'o or Nasri or whoever all you want, but they worked hard for that money. Nothing changes that.

There is nothing wrong with it, and I never sayd it was either. I just stated out that someone are and wanted to make a team out of them as a fun thing. I understand that it might be mistaken as a dig on certain players and clubs and I guess it was in a slight manner Razz but again more as a funny banter/puzzle.

And I admire players like Totti and the other two you mentioned aswell
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I want to defend Etoo.

He is coming towards the autumn of his career, he has won everything there is for him to win. He doesnt have to consider his playing status like he used to, he doesnt have to be ambitious in terms of winning titles anymore. He has proven all there is to prove.

I have no problem with him going off into the relative sunset that is Russia to earn all that money, I understand it.

Only reason I dont like it is I will hardly see him play anymore, perhaps for a very long time.

I hope he sticks to his plan of coming back to Mallorca to end things.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:I want to defend Etoo.

He is coming towards the autumn of his career, he has won everything there is for him to win. He doesnt have to consider his playing status like he used to, he doesnt have to be ambitious in terms of winning titles anymore. He has proven all there is to prove.

I have no problem with him going off into the relative sunset that is Russia to earn all that money, I understand it.

Only reason I dont like it is I will hardly see him play anymore, perhaps for a very long time.

I hope he sticks to his plan of coming back to Mallorca to end things.

He deserves it more than any, but I remember he parted with barcelona because of money issues aswell?
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Well I dont know.

Pep said he just wanted something different. Which I think was the aerial presence.

Then he changed his mind and saw that Messi is the best option in the center of attack.

But on the other hand, it was said Etoo wanted money which would equate to him getting more then Messi.

So with his contract running down and the mix of these two possible things, we saw him leaving.

I am not sure which reason it was, perhaps both.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: