A Team Without Fabregas

+2
Arsenalfaithfull
The Verminator
6 posters

Go down

A Team Without Fabregas Empty A Team Without Fabregas

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 pm

You may ask why i'm making this thread when we have already given our opinions on what formation we should play already. But now that we know what our team will look like (I really don't think we will sign anyone but if we do we can update this thread) and now that we are Fab-less and Nasri-less, how would you line up our players? Who should our new system be based on? Should it be based on anyone? Should we play through the middle or on the wings?

RG if you feel that this is too alike other threads made in the past then don't hesitate to lock this.

I'll start off.
--------------------------------------Szczesny-------------------------------
Sagna-----------------------Koscielny-----------------Vermaelen--------------------------Gibbs
------------------------------Song---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------Wilshere----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shava---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------Walcott----------------------Robin Van Persie-------------------------The Forehead-------

Shava for the CAM role. Wanna see it happen. Or if it doesn't work, play Wilshere there and Ramsey can then play where Wishere used to. If that doesn't work, then we'll put Rosicky there. Simple Laughing

If that isn't working we can try:

--------------------------------------Rambo----------------------Song------------------------Wilshere------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------Rosicky----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Arshavin----------------------RVP------------------------------------------

SHava will basically be playing in RVP with some neat passes and stuff. He'll be the second striker. We need to get more out of Shava because he is class, we're just not getting the best out of him. We talk about new signings, well this guy can potentially be a new signing. ANd then we can give AOC and Ryodinho a chance on the wings.

Btw, has anyone noticed that Ryo's playing style isn't too disimilar of CR7's?

ANd sorry my formations are so disjointed
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

A Team Without Fabregas Empty Re: A Team Without Fabregas

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 am

You and i seem to agree on a lot. Arshavin is being mis used. Give him the free role, that saw him ripping the euro 08 to shreds. The boy is 5 foot 4, and wenger ends up putting him on the wings smg... I cant see how Arshavin could be any worse than Rosicky
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 am

HEY! Lay off Rosicky!! Laughing Laughing Laughing He is world class on his day..... :coffee:

Yea i have noticed we do agree on a bit of stuff, except for Rosicky Smile

I know i say it alot, but Shava could be like a revelation in the middle. Imagine if we can replace Fabregas with Shava (as long as he does well). It'll be amazing to see what this team can achieve.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 am

he was called the next Ronaldo Laughing
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 am

At the moment, its not a matter of who plays where in my view, its about the team gelling together, which if the last 3 games is anything is to go by (plus injuries), its gonna take a while. anyway, assuming everyone is fit,here is my team :

Schesny

Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Gibbs

Song Diaby/Frimpong*

Walcott Sparrow Gervinho
RVP

* in big games. as for Ramsey, he needs to improve a lot for me to put him in the starting eleven. And as for Sheva in the no 10 role, i think people needs to be realistic, his best days are behind him, just like R7.

mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 am

I think its already pretty obvious that none in our team can play Cesc role.. So i think we play to the strength of our players and dont try to find Cesc in one of them... And i dont want us to see again that our playstyle is too dependent on a single person..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Arshavin as a centre mid ?? Laughing Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Actually as a CAM. It's worth a shot. Right now he ain't doin much, why not play him in the middle for once?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:38 pm

Alrighty fellas i said i'd revive this thread when the transfer window was shut.

So basically here's what happened:

OUT:
Fabregas
Na$ri
Eboue Sad
Clichy
Bendtner
Traore lol
JET

IN:
Miyaichi
Chamberlain
Gervinho
Par Chu Jung
Andre Santos
Per Mertesacker
Yossi Benayoun
Mikel Arteta

SO.........
We got alot of pace now down the wings with AW looking to revert to the old fashion direct counter attacking style of play. Gervinho i'm really happy with coz imo he is better than Nasri at getting past his man.

Park Chu Jung is RVP's backup. I honestly dunno what to expect from him.

I know Arteta is good. WC? No. Anywhere near Fabregas' level? No. But that was to be expected; that we would get somebody who isn't as good as fabregas. I didn't think we would replace him with anyone! Happy with this signing.

Dunno much about Benayoun tbh. Hope he can help is all i can say.

Mole made a good point in saying that all top teams had a full back who attacked and another who defended. Well Sagna is a fantastic defender, and Santos looks to be a good attacking full back. I expect to see him in the starting lineup.

Mertesacker. Everyone says he's slow. He's got pace but he turns very slow. But that's not all that makes a good defender. He has good positioning, and i think he has only gotten 7 or 8 yellows in 200 games with a high number of tackles succedded. Pretty amazing. Dunno if he or Kos should start next to Verm though.

Another good thing is that, players like RVP and Sagna will see that we mean business and we are ambitious, and we want to win titles. This is an important but overlooked effect of these transfers.

And so that's that. You all know who we have and who we don't have, so please post your starting lineups coz i've got no clue who should start and what formation to use!
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down