Luca
Tomwin Lannister
salmano9
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Giaccherini's epic fail - Page 2 Empty Re: Giaccherini's epic fail

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 am

Arquitecto wrote:Apparently, most of the Juventini here clearly don't watch enough calcio and judge their targets just be their worst moments.

Giaccherini would add quality to your team.

I guess Klose, Eto, Vucinic and Villa must all be garbage?

Giaccherini is a quality player, however he is not Juve Material simple. Trust me, I know who is and who isn't. Not saying he's not good, but he's mediocore, we don't need him. We already got enough strikers and as it stands, I'd rather stick with Pasquato in LW or get someone who in fact is World Class in LW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 am

sciacca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Apparently, most of the Juventini here clearly don't watch enough calcio and judge their targets just be their worst moments.

Giaccherini is a quality player, however he is not Juve Material simple. Trust me, I know who is and who isn't. Not saying he's not good, but he's mediocore, we don't need him. We already got enough strikers and as it stands, I'd rather stick with Pasquato in LW or get someone who in fact is World Class in LW.

To be honest
If Giaccherini can replace some of:
Martinez- this is for sure, he is part of the deal
Iaquinta- been linked with a move out, he should leave
Pepe- linked away to Zenit just the other day

If Giaccherini comes in and those 3 leave I'll be very satisfied.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 am

Fine, he will add depth... However.. Martinez included in the deal is bad. It's like giving away 12m down the drain, we can use him in other deals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 am

sciacca wrote:Fine, he will add depth... However.. Martinez included in the deal is bad. It's like giving away 12m down the drain, we can use him in other deals.

I don't think much can be recouped on Martinez, it was a completely stupid move to begin with so I am fine with cutting our losses for zero.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am

Luca wrote:
sciacca wrote:Fine, he will add depth... However.. Martinez included in the deal is bad. It's like giving away 12m down the drain, we can use him in other deals.

I don't think much can be recouped on Martinez, it was a completely stupid move to begin with so I am fine with cutting our losses for zero.

I'm not, then that means 12m lost for nothing... We could of done a lot with that 12 mil :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

I'm not, then that means 12m lost for nothing... We could of done a lot with that 12 mil :coffee:

Live and let live man, that 12M is gone
It was for nothing, it will always have been for nothing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:25 am

I am amused by this thread. Once again I hear this line... "Juve quality." FYI, this isn't 2006. "Juve quality" is a 7th place finish, 47 goals allowed, a +10 goal differential, 58 out of a possible 114pts, no Champion's League, no Europa League.

So Giaccherini... Still, only 26 years old. He is a late bloomer. He has speed, agility, good dribbling. He's a striker, but can play the wing in a 4-3-3. He was instrumental in bringing Cesena from C1 to Serie A. In 2008-2009 he has 11 assists. 9 goals in 2009-2010. He has been cited by Bisoli as one of the main protagonists in the ascent of Cesena. Ask i tifosi de Cesena their opinion on Emanuele... He is a fan-favorite and an idol.

His 7 goals and 4 assists last year were not amazing, but let's compare...
Same # of goals as Krasic. More goals than Iaquinta, Marchisio, Pepe, Aquilani, Toni, etc. Assists: more than Marchisio, Iaquinta, Grosso, Toni, Del Piero, Quagliarella, De Ceglie, Sissoko, Salihamidzic, Pepe, Motta, Chiellini, Barzagli, Sorensen, Matri, etc.

Yes, he's not Messi. But he's certainly "Juve quality" if we look at the quality of Juve last year. The price is nice and he adds depth.
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am

sciacca wrote:

you took the words from my mouth!
I always agree with u!

salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 am

Is this even official?
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 am

salmano9 wrote:
sciacca wrote:

I always agree with u!

If you would have said that (the same way) it would have been better than making this thread...

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 am

nyluigi wrote:Is this even official?

will be soon Smile 👽
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:08 am

Luca wrote:

Live and let live man, that 12M is gone
It was for nothing, it will always have been for nothing

I'm sorry Luca, but how did we spend 12m for nothing? Sure he was useless, sure he was injury prone. However at least we could of used Martinez in another swap deal, in which he was linked with many clubs, clubs like Fiornetina, Udinese, Catania(Returning), Parma... For Giacherrini, seems to be a bit odd. Think about it, it's like adding 3.5m in which we are reportedly spending on him in addition him in which we spent 12m for him... So in reality we are giving them 15.5m... for a player who we dont need, a player who is not good enough for our club. That is the problem. Now, you might say well... the implies in other swap deals in which can include Martinez... but it wouldn't matter if the swap deal involved a player with great quality, not Giacherini for crying out loud lol...

salmano9 wrote:
I always agree with u!

Um, Thanks lol?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 am

nyluigi wrote:I am amused by this thread. Once again I hear this line... "Juve quality." FYI, this isn't 2006. "Juve quality" is a 7th place finish, 47 goals allowed, a +10 goal differential, 58 out of a possible 114pts, no Champion's League, no Europa League.

So Giaccherini... Still, only 26 years old. He is a late bloomer. He has speed, agility, good dribbling. He's a striker, but can play the wing in a 4-3-3. He was instrumental in bringing Cesena from C1 to Serie A. In 2008-2009 he has 11 assists. 9 goals in 2009-2010. He has been cited by Bisoli as one of the main protagonists in the ascent of Cesena. Ask i tifosi de Cesena their opinion on Emanuele... He is a fan-favorite and an idol.

Same # of goals as Krasic. More goals than Iaquinta, Marchisio, Pepe, Aquilani, Toni, etc. Assists: more than Marchisio, Iaquinta, Grosso, Toni, Del Piero, Quagliarella, De Ceglie, Sissoko, Salihamidzic, Pepe, Motta, Chiellini, Barzagli, Sorensen, Matri, etc.

Yes, he's not Messi. But he's certainly "Juve quality" if we look at the quality of Juve last year. The price is nice and he adds depth.

What people mean, (well I do anyway) is that certain players are not the quality to make Juve title contenders and improve the team. Ofcourse he's good enough for another 7th place finish, but that's far from juve's goal.

Unless you win everything you look to buy better players than what you have. So no, he's not the quality we're looking for however, I am happy to see decent depth players and I welcome him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 am

nyluigi wrote:I am amused by this thread. Once again I hear this line... "Juve quality." FYI, this isn't 2006. "Juve quality" is a 7th place finish, 47 goals allowed, a +10 goal differential, 58 out of a possible 114pts, no Champion's League, no Europa League.

Look, I completely understand what you mean, however it seems odd that you still don't understand this is Juventus. I can careless if it's not 2006, and that we our considered a mid table team. This is Juventus, the most sucessful club in Italy, a club still with many World Class PLayer, a club with still the most fans, a club with lots of money, a club that will always remian the same.

Another thing you forgot is that this summer market was not to rely on mediocore players, as Marotta promised quality... Top Players. Ignore Aguero, Ignore Rossi. Pirlo and Vucinic are great transfers. But when speaking about adding more quality to a squad, where on earth does Giacherrini fit in all of this? I don't care if he's a late bloomer, I don't care if he is young. That is all irrelavent, we need players with skill, players who will add more quality to the team, not more work rate, not more mediocore players. Who knew we should rely on a guy coming from Cesena, for crying out loud, they are a low class club... It does not matter where Juventus is, we are not at the point for relynig on players from that certain club. I don't care if he is a fan favorite for his club, his club is no standard to even answer my questions, we have a fanbase with millions, there are in the few thousands.

Iaquinta was injured all season.
Since when did Marchisio become a goal scorer?
Aquilani was a Regista, his role was never meant to score goals sadly...
Toni was a subsiture and hardly played...
Quagliarella is more World Class, don't even compare his to Giacherrini... He was injured for half of the season.
I never knew our fullbacks were required to have more assists than a winger/Striker(Grosso hardly played)
That including our centerbacks when it comes to both scoring or assists LOL...

Finally, Matri had 20 goals...

Your stats are irrelavent...

Go on the vecchiasigniora, everyone are currently furious with this move, and they are one of the most populated, popular and intelligent fans, and if more than the majority agree with it, than they sure have a point. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 am

Um... "Your stats are irrelavent... "?
Only 2 players on the team had more assists than him.
Only 3 players on the team had more goals than him. (tied for 4th with Krasic)

And I guess a players durability is not important when considering players.

You live in fantasy-land. WC players are NOT lining up to play in the Coppa Italia.

The bottom line is that the team is improved with his presence. Maybe not Champions League final better, but better than 7th place.
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 am

Sciacca... I wish we could sign the players you want. I understand your frustration, but WC players are not coming anytime soon. It's unfortunate.

I hear you constantly nay-saying every signing. GM is not an easy job and you nor I could do a better job than Secco or Marotta. If we could, we would at least be GM's in Lega Nazionale Dilettanti. But we aren't.

It's easy to play FIFA Manager and say "I want Nani, Di Maria, Ribery, Malouda, Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Tiger Woods, etc..." But it ain't happening chief. Sorry.
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 am

nyluigi wrote:
It's easy to play FIFA Manager and say "I want Nani, Di Maria, Ribery, Malouda, Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Tiger Woods, etc..." But it ain't happening chief. Sorry.

lol

but my prob. with Marotta is his guts to look fans in the eye and lie about signing quality yet always provides sh*t, anyway if we get Elia or Bastos, I would take that humbly....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 am

VibeTribe took what I was going to say.

One miss does not make you an epic fail.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 am

I wouldn't look him in his creepy lazy eye!
Giaccherini's epic fail - Page 2 Beppe-marotta-300x223

I agree about the promises of big names. That is definitely silly on his part. I suppose he does it to placate the zealous fanatics. It seems every GM is talking about the proverbial "Mr. X nonsense." That's probably more of comment on the nature of the modern game and transfer market.

Oh yeah ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjcEOvEFw4

Last edited by nyluigi on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 am

@Luigi: one eye on the crowd, the other eye on the field for transfers.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Luigi: one eye on the crowd, the other eye on the field for transfers.

I just started laughing out loud and my wife walked into the study asking why I was laughing like a hyena so loud.

Giaccherini's epic fail - Page 2 Attachment
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 am

nyluigi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@Luigi: one eye on the crowd, the other eye on the field for transfers.

I just started laughing out loud and my wife walked into the study asking why I was laughing like a hyena so loud.

Hahaha you can fill her in on the joke, I am sure she would get a laugh out of it. Though, I am not quite sure a non-football fan would find it as funny ... assuming of course your wife does not watch football ! Laughing
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:29 am

as a pre-med student, I daresay you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for making fun of someone's eye condition....... Sad
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:52 am

Honestly, I dont want him, even for depth. Were gonne be sgaryjng 2 wingers and 2 forwards most likely. So if Krasic, Vucinic, Matri, and a new LW start, then id rather have Pasquato, De Silvestro, Boniperti, and Del Piero as depth than Giaccherini. Plus we still have Toni and Pepe, and havent gotten rid of Iaquinta, Amauri, and Martinez yet. And on top of it all, theres still other primavers players such as Immobile, Libertazzi, and Giannetti thag cluld be guven a bench role, PLUS Marchisio, Vidal, De Ceglie, and Ziegler can all play as wingers if need be. So we dont need Giaccherini. At all.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 am

If a player from Cesena who is only 2 years removed from Serie C1 and has only played one year in Serie A is indeed Juve quality then we are definitely in worse shape that I thought. Gianni Agnelli must be rolling in his grave right now... Sad
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 am

Luca wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
salmano9 wrote:he is not juve material thats wat i wanted to saay.
Fair enough
I doubt he is the wc player they've been talking about, he would probably just be there for depth

He is definitely there for depth.
I like the move in that sense but we'll see if he has the small club syndrome.
Star for Cesena, is he capable of being a good substitute for Juve, we'll see.

3M+ Martinez gone for a year, cannot complain at all.

So 3m for Giaccherini plus 12m for Martinez = 15m down the toilet. And all Marotta had to do was keep Giovinco who was free but instead decided to get rid of him for Martinez. What a shame.

So basically we spent the equivalent of 15m to GET RID of a national team player to instead get a player who 2 years ago was playing in Serie C1?? affraid

I think I'm gonna need a drink now... No
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next