Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 30 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Works both ways though, how can we create chances when we can't keep possession?

Benzema at least can come deep and create chances for Ronaldo or at least create some link up play. We were so bad yesterday that sometimes Benzema was starting the counter attack lol.

Either way Benzema was destined to flop yesterday.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 30 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Where do you see Higuain take shots and score goals... show me. He has 1 goals and a total of 5 shots in 5 games this year. He's stuck in the same trap as all our CFs: No service. At least, Benz can give service and help low. Higuain just drifts around. I actually feel bad for Pipita when he's in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:41 pm

for the most part last game, ozil drifted wide as well as benzema, wait dont we already have two wingers, who should occupy the middle/box

answer: Nobody, which is why we arent creating any chances...simple as that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Benz drifted wide because the useless Callejon and Di Maria were not doing their jobs properly.

Infact when Ozil went wide we actually played a little better.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Benz drifted wide because the useless Callejon and Di Maria were not doing their jobs properly.

but the thing is benzema drifted to ronaldos wing and clogged that up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 pm

CR7 was supposed to go to CF when Benz was forced to help the buildup so that the CF position was covered. That's why Benz drifted left after he helped the midfield. CR7 just wasn't doing his part in the flow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Works both ways though, how can we create chances when we can't keep possession?

Benzema at least can come deep and create chances for Ronaldo or at least create some link up play. We were so bad yesterday that sometimes Benzema was starting the counter attack lol.

Some times you dot need possession to score goals and make chances.There is no use of playing a false 9 role when your team is playing with wide wigers. Our game is completely dependent on the opening goal.If we score an opening goal early then we will almost finish the game by a 4 goal margin by counter attacking.You need to put mens into the box to score.simple as that.When your wingers are playing out wide the CF is responsible to lead the line.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Adit wrote:Agreed but i will take goals over his touches any day.I dont care if he is part of build up or not.

Ronaldo and Di maria are playing wide,they are no where near the box.Benzema comes deep and takes ball.

1.He got no passing option to box .does he? who is making runs into box?
2.He isnt an elite creator.
3.He is no messi,he is average at running towards CBs.
4.He got no accelaration to leave his markers

Ozil receives ball and looks for a throw ball to box

*Benzema calls ozil from behind lol Laughing

basically his false 9 is doing nothing good for our team.Only positive is that it helps us to maintain possession.Who need possession with out chances?

Comparing him to Messi is gonna get you nowhere. None is close to Messi at the moment
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Where do you see Higuain take shots and score goals... show me. He has 1 goals and a total of 5 shots in 5 games this year. He's stuck in the same trap as all our CFs: No service. At least, Benz can give service and help low. Higuain just drifts around. I actually feel bad for Pipita when he's in there.
Hguain never started a game this year.He came as a sub in all of the games,only played 40 minutes overall has one goal too.Not a fair way to judge any player.when he was starting as a Lone striker last year untill his injury benzema was no where in the picture.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Adit wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Works both ways though, how can we create chances when we can't keep possession?

Some times you dot need possession to score goals and make chances.There is no use of playing a false 9 role when your team is playing with wide wigers. Our game is completely dependent on the opening goal.If we score an opening goal early then we will almost finish the game by a 4 goal margin by counter attacking.You need to put mens into the box to score.simple as that.When your wingers are playing out wide the CF is responsible to lead the line.

We don't play wide wingers. They don't hold their wings as both Di Maria and CR7 cut in almost every time. Also, when you play wide wingers, you expect them to help the midfield in a 4-2-3-1. Our wingers are not good passers right now (in Di Maria's case, he never was). The first 20-25 mins of the game, the CF and AM held their positions and were not helping at all. What happened? We couldn't even get the ball past the midfield line properly, let alone get a pass to our forwards. So Ozil became a CM, Benz a SS/AM and CR7+Di Maria were the guys left to attack the box.

Xabi is also playing much lower this year because Carvalho is having trouble defensively. He's covering the defense a lot more. Because he's farther back, he's not there to make those through passes we're accustomed to. Lass, Coentrao, Di Maria, etc. are incapable of making those passes.

Ozil and Benz were both invisible until they played a lot lower. That's not their fault. They aren't getting service.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 pm

omarish wrote:
Adit wrote:Agreed but i will take goals over his touches any day.I dont care if he is part of build up or not.

Ronaldo and Di maria are playing wide,they are no where near the box.Benzema comes deep and takes ball.

basically his false 9 is doing nothing good for our team.Only positive is that it helps us to maintain possession.Who need possession with out chances?

Comparing him to Messi is gonna get you nowhere. None is close to Messi at the moment
I never compared him to messi. "he is no messi" means he cant run towards defenders on a consistent basis.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:

I never compared him to messi. "he is no messi" means he cant run towards defenders on a consistent basis.

Tbh, he can. He is a pure skill player, but no speed. Dribbling is not his issue and he can play the false 9 role correctly. The whole game yesterday was just lazy work from Real Madrid. They seem to be tired
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Adit wrote:

But Benz dropped deep because he was forced to drop deep. I am pretty sure Benz would love to lead the line and score as many goals as he can. What he done was the sensible thing and help the team dictate the play. He could have made as many runs as he wanted to he was not gonna get 1 pass that would play him through on goal.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Benz drifted wide because the useless Callejon and Di Maria were not doing their jobs properly.

but the thing is benzema drifted to ronaldos wing and clogged that up

Benz would go wide when Ronaldo was out of position. If Benz had Ronaldo's speed he would be god on the left wing.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Adit wrote:

We don't play wide wingers. They don't hold their wings as both Di Maria and CR7 cut in almost every time. Also, when you play wide wingers, you expect them to help the midfield in a 4-2-3-1. Our wingers are not good passers right now (in Di Maria's case, he never was). The first 20-25 mins of the game, the CF and AM held their positions and were not helping at all. What happened? We couldn't even get the ball past the midfield line properly, let alone get a pass to our forwards. So Ozil became a CM, Benz a SS/AM and CR7+Di Maria were the guys left to attack the box.

Xabi is also playing much lower this year because Carvalho is having trouble defensively. He's covering the defense a lot more. Because he's farther back, he's not there to make those through passes we're accustomed to. Lass, Coentrao, Di Maria, etc. are incapable of making those passes.

Ozil and Benz were both invisible until they played a lot lower. That's not their fault. They aren't getting service.
We are actually.This year our wingers are not cutting inside alot opposed to last year.We are playing unusually wide this year.I saw some one explaining about necessity of playing alot narrower in another thread and i agree with that,we need to push mens into box,though our midfield control isnt helping it.also when ever our forwards cut in it is ozils job to receive the ball and make a throw ball to any of benz/ronaldo/di maria,but he isnt doing it for some reasons and also benz/ronaldo/di maria none is making runs too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:13 pm

omarish wrote:
Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:

Tbh, he can. He is a pure skill player, but no speed. Dribbling is not his issue and he can play the false 9 role correctly. The whole game yesterday was just lazy work from Real Madrid. They seem to be tired
He is very average at it.Not a reliable game plan.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:
Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:

Then tell me who is better at it. At being false 9. And don't say Özil becouse we need to fill Özils spot then too
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 pm

That i agree with.... from what i can tell, the players make runs when the ball gets to the feet of the people capable of making the final pass... namely, Ozil and Alonso. But those guys are not receiving the ball in positions where they can look for a pass. So runs are being stalled until the ball is circulated to those guys. When Khedira is in there, you see runs when he gets the ball too.

So the problem is we are not getting the ball to our playmakers in good conditions. The play is broken before it has a chance to uncoil. Comes back to the midfield issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:21 pm

omarish wrote:
Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:
Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:

Then tell me who is better at it. At being false 9. And don't say Özil becouse we need to fill Özils spot then too
None is the answer.

there were only few false 9 players who were successful in this game,Totti and messi comes to my mind.Is benz any where near their caliber to play that role? he doesnt have the skills to play that actually.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm sorry, but Benz dominates as a false 9. He does it to perfection. For a false 9 to be effective, he needs the wingers to make hard runs from the sides. CR7 does it... Di Maria does not. The AM also needs to provide a passing option and follow the play.

With our midfield being so bad, our forwards and AM are spread too far apart and are not operating close enough to each other. CR7 and Di Maria's passing have also been woeful.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm sorry, but Benz dominates as a false 9. He does it to perfection. For a false 9 to be effective, he needs the wingers to make hard runs from the sides. CR7 does it... Di Maria does not. The AM also needs to provide a passing option and follow the play.

With our midfield being so bad, our forwards and AM are spread too far apart and are not operating close enough to each other. CR7 and Di Maria's passing have also been woeful.

I agree Sport. Benz is doing a good job at false 9.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:33 pm

I disagree.

He has excellent close control so that he barely loses ball when dropping deep.But thats it.

His creativity is as overrated as crisitiano's dribbling.When was the last time he made a defense splitting throw ball? i dont see that from him.

He doesnt have acceleration to leave those chasing midfielders.He isnt good at running towards Center backs with the ball either.

He can maintain possession and he is good at link up plays,thats it actually.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Adit wrote:I disagree.

He has excellent close control so that he barely loses ball when dropping deep.But thats it.

His creativity is as overrated as crisitiano's dribbling.When was the last time he made a defense splitting throw ball? i dont see that from him.

He doesnt have acceleration to leave those chasing midfielders.He isnt good at running towards Center backs with the ball either.

He can maintain possession and he is good at link up plays,thats it actually.

Well... we need to agree to disagree. Based on your comments lately, we see a completely different game. No point in arguing.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm

LONG STORY SHORT:

The problem is in our midfield.

We knew this. For years.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Actually Real Madrid never care about midfielders. Very Happy
Perez should have gone for better midfielders in his first year instead of buying a washed up Kaka for 60 million. he bought Xabi for 30m, i'm not complaining but there were better options.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:48 pm

El Pipita wrote:Actually Real Madrid never care about midfielders. Very Happy
Perez should have gone for better midfielders in his first year instead of buying a washed up Kaka for 60 million. he bought Xabi for 30m, i'm not complaining but there were better options.

Meh, should have brough in Piggy with him and settled the problem once and for all.

Wasnt it assumed Guti would play a role too, though?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next