rwo power
VivaStPauli
Ganso
Sir Psycho
EarlyPrototype
47 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mats Hummels - Borussia Dortmund #15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mats Hummels - Borussia Dortmund #15

Post by Babun Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:31

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Its safe to say that Hummels was bad,Bads was average.

Idro own up. Let people take blame rather than blaming Badstuber for everything in the world. Matt flopped badly today but I still think he can be the world's best CB. How old is he?? 22-23??

He is like 5-6 years away from his prime as yet
BAD-stuber was really bad. He let Balotelli score a free header and was out of position in entire game. Höwedes owns him in all departments yet Löw starts this excuse of a defender. He doesn't tackle, doesn't stay close to his man. He just stands in front of an attacker and waits...
At least, Hummels and Boateng go into 1 vs. 1 battles.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mats Hummels - Borussia Dortmund #15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mats Hummels - Borussia Dortmund #15

Post by The Messiah Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:48

Immortal Babun wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Its safe to say that Hummels was bad,Bads was average.

Idro own up. Let people take blame rather than blaming Badstuber for everything in the world. Matt flopped badly today but I still think he can be the world's best CB. How old is he?? 22-23??

He is like 5-6 years away from his prime as yet
BAD-stuber was really bad. He let Balotelli score a free header and was out of position in entire game. Höwedes owns him in all departments yet Löw starts this excuse of a defender. He doesn't tackle, doesn't stay close to his man. He just stands in front of an attacker and waits...
At least, Hummels and Boateng go into 1 vs. 1 battles.

Exactly, spot on Babun. I've watched Badstuber for 3 years now, I hate to say it, but it's because I'm an arrogant and biased Bayern fan that's why I even consider him at time.

Truth be told, Badstuber positioning is bad, can't handle pressure and relies heavily on his partner to perform before he himself can have a decent match, therefore putting his partner under tremendous pressure.

Badstuber just stands in front of an attacker and never tackles or force them to make mistake, you simply hav to look at how he failed to stop Balotelli from getting a free header, he didn't even jump, he just stood there.

Also you have to look at how he fell on his feet against Cassano, that is the most horrific defending I have seen in my entire life and it's good Cassano didn't finish of that chance, otherwise it will be disastrous to have Bayern Munich linked with such, Anyways this is not the the first time I have seen Badstuber falling on his own feet, against Napoli first leg he did thesame thing when he was under pressure.

If Bayern is to improve they must look at themselves and start questioning Badstuber position in the team.

Hummels formed a good partnership with Subotic and even Santana at time but he can't work with Badstuber.

Boateng works well with Van Buyten and Van Buyten works well with Boateng but both can't function properly with Badstuber.

Demichelis couldn't work with him

Tymo can't work with him.

He put his partner under pressure, due to lack of pace, bad positioning, clumsiness, ability not to cope when under pressure and lack of not tackling.

He simply run into attacker when facing them face to face and take the ball, he can't slide tackle and when he does that he nearly almost break the attackers leg and I think a few has complied including Benzema of Real Madrid

Last edited by The Messiah on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:51; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:50

Mertesacker should have played, simple..

Joachim knows that Merte does not overlap, and he deals with this kind of pressure, that 1st goal could have been easily prevented
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:53

aleumdance wrote:Mertesacker should have played, simple..

Joachim knows that Merte does not overlap, and he deals with this kind of pressure, that 1st goal could have been easily prevented

There is no way, not even in a million years, Balotelli would have headed that ball if it was Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes or Boateng, the most he could have done was to head it wide, due to the pressure they will put on him.

Badstuber simply stood there, running around in front of Balotelli, pretending like he's doing something.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:01

The Messiah wrote:
aleumdance wrote:Mertesacker should have played, simple..

There is no way, not even in a million years, Balotelli would have headed that ball if it was Mertesacker, Hummels, Howedes or Boateng, the most he could have done was to head it wide, due to the pressure they will put on him.

Badstuber simply stood there, running around in front of Balotelli, pretending like he's doing something.

My point exactly, Bastuber disappointed me really..Balo did not even put an effort for the 1st header
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:03

that's true, even with the cross coming in you gotta head it out. elevating 10 cm in the air would have been enough. i really have no idea what he was trying to do there. the guy cost me half my living room inventory yesterday..
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:06

che wrote:i thought he had a decent game apart from the goal...?

I agree Lahm and Badstuber were far worse.Lahm towards the end of the game looked tired and shattered,Italy were just toying with the German defense during that period.

Also is this Gil guy Homo for Pepe or something ?SMH.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:07

[quote="aleumdance"]
The Messiah wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

My point exactly, Bastuber disappointed me really..Balo did not even put an effort for the 1st header

Let's be perfectly honest for ones and no excuses, even if he was 1on1, Badstuber should have won that header. That's the CB's job. Maybe it's just me, but my feeling is a center back should never lose a 1 on 1 header. When I think of a CB, I think of an alpha-male type figure, muscling off the forwards and always winning the headers. It's not like Balotelli is a huge guy... granted, he is strong, but it's not like he's Luca Toni's size or anything. He should win that header 100/100 times.

I do like Badstuber to an extent, and think he (usually) pass the ball well, but I do feel he should take a big part of the blame for the first part (even though Cassano turning Hummels like that was simply embarrassing on Mat's part).

What I'm most concerned with, is that Badstuber didn't only make any attempt to stop Mario like a CB should do, instead he allowed him a free header, even short David Alaba or Poyul will not allow Balotelli such free header, regardless of their size.

A Central Back always needs that ruggedness and that's just one of the key attribute Badstuber lacks among many other attribute.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 29 Jun 2012, 11:24

Only for that goal which could've been prevented, Hummels was still the best defender at the Euros.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri 29 Jun 2012, 12:01

u kidding right, no one comes close to pepe in this euros, by far the best CB.

Hummels is ovverated to an extent, good player though.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 29 Jun 2012, 12:05

No I'm not kidding, Hummels had a fantastic tournament. And I don't even like him, in fact he surprised me with Germany.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri 29 Jun 2012, 12:10

urbaNRoots wrote:No I'm not kidding, Hummels had a fantastic tournament. And I don't even like him, in fact he surprised me with Germany.

He's a Madrid fan, what do you expect.

Pepe my ass
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri 29 Jun 2012, 12:31

i never said hummels was bad whole tourny, but Pepe simply outperfromed every other CB. if you cant accept this, it can only mean you are just another hatter.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri 29 Jun 2012, 13:37

lol, the best defender in the euros are Epep and lescott IMO
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by quadrotor Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:54

Hummels wasn't exposed, he made a mistake in how he positioned his body for 3 seconds. No player is entirely mistake-free and it's incorrect to judge a player on a few seconds of play.

If you think Pepe has had a better tournament than Hummels, that is fair enough. But only as long as you are basing it on the 450 minutes of the whole tournament they have each played rather than 3 seconds.

quadrotor
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:01

Mats Hummels Semi-Finals.

From getting raped from FatAntonio Cassano, makes it up by having a MOTM performance in nullifying CR and Higgy.

What a performance. #ChurchofMatsSundin :bow:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 01 May 2013, 01:24

Was absolutely immense, this forum is filled with haters unfortunately No

Would walk into any back 4 in world football and sooner or later people will have to accept this.

His passing from the back as well :bow: makes Pique look like Shawcross :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 01 May 2013, 09:03

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Would walk into any back 4 in world football and sooner or later people will have to accept this.

Thiago Silva---Mats Hummels

Mats Hummels - Borussia Dortmund #15 - Page 2 303136d1315566977-found-these-computer-i-repairing-weird_kid_fap
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat 25 May 2013, 22:46

Cost Dortmund again. Media creation
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat 25 May 2013, 23:04

He's not an awful player, he's just overhyped so much by media simply because of his excellent passing. As a defender, he's average. No worse than Boateng imo.

Last edited by danyjr on Sat 25 May 2013, 23:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat 25 May 2013, 23:05

Another blunder game in another big game. Great technique on the ball but really average as a defender.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat 25 May 2013, 23:06

SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUB.

Couldn't even Pass better than Muntari on the night. And let's not talk about his actual defending.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 25 May 2013, 23:08

Not the first time he's shown this type of performance either.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 25 May 2013, 23:11

No Moal to defend him Sad Cost BVB the trophy though
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat 25 May 2013, 23:13

i dont think he cost them the title but he gave his usual performance full of blunders.No one will agree with me but i think he is just as bad as Luiz.Both overrated by their technical side
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat 25 May 2013, 23:17

He's only 24 calma

According to GL there is no such thing as a good defender
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next