Fahim89
poolsupporter
Red Alert
34 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Rival thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Rival thread

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 pm

They've shown after 26 games now that they're the biggest threat to stealing that top 4 spot from us. Everton did too, but they've drawn far too many games. Although to their credit, they've become hard too beat. (That 4-0 win over them though. Proud)

Everyone's had their minds on United and they're 10 points behind.

Spurs, after all their dumpings, 5-0, 6-1, 4-0 or whatever the other result was, has really made people underrate them. They're getting "must win" games under their belt, you just have to look at their consistency against the smaller sides / away form. If they can improve their home form, they'll be up there. But they'll need us / another team above us to fall due to their slow start of the season before someone twists my words.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Everton were depleted by injuries and yet they fought Spurs all the way. And Newcastle is, well NEWCASTLE. True they had a bit of luck, but they did grab it with both hands.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Spurs are constantly on our tail >.<
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Spurs are constantly on our tail >.<

Ahhh those Chickens!!  :facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Well, City are out of the CL after the return leg, bar a miracle.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 am

Rival thread - Page 23 Top4
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:29 am

It's downright unfair to include Arsenal as Top-Four contender list. If City & Chelsea are considered title-contenders, then so should be Arsenal. SPECIALLY if the T4 contender list includes ManU.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:54 am

Art Morte wrote:Well, City are out of the CL after the return leg, bar a miracle.

So are Arsenal :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Nishank wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Well, City are out of the CL after the return leg, bar a miracle.

So are Arsenal :facepalm:

Let's keep Chelsea, Manchester and Tottenham distracted as long as possible. Will Tottenham play in Ukraine or the match will be played elsewhere!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm

frracking Spurs there again, already played City twice and now they are just 3 Points away, :facepalm: now the game at Anfield was anyways must win, I am just relying on Big Sam to take three Points from them. I also think they will drop Points somewhere else but you never know they might snatch These matches with 1-0 scoreline or so.

I dont think Arsenal are going to drop out of top 4, now when they are already out from CL

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:frracking Spurs there again, already played City twice and now they are just 3 Points away, :facepalm:now the game at Anfield was anyways must win, I am just relying on Big Sam to take three Points from them. I also think they will drop Points somewhere else but you never know they might snatch These matches with 1-0 scoreline or so.

I dont think Arsenal are going to drop out of top 4, now when they are already out from CL

Don't understand what's bothering you. They have been there for a week or two right!!! Anyway, since we play them there's the opportunity to put them to bed. But yes, Spurs are showing too much resilience to my liking.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:17 pm

iftikhar wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:frracking Spurs there again, already played City twice and now they are just 3 Points away, 🤦now the game at Anfield was anyways must win, I am just relying on Big Sam to take three Points from them. I also think they will drop Points somewhere else but you never know they might snatch These matches with 1-0 scoreline or so.

Don't understand what's bothering you. They have been there for a week or two right!!! Anyway, since we play them there's the opportunity to put them to bed. But yes, Spurs are showing too much resilience to my liking.
 Razz 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:04 pm

I can guarantee everyone we'll beat Tottenham by minimum of 3 goals at Anfield.

As for them, not too arsed about City and Arsenal getting d*cked in Europe. Disrupts their momentum, and won't give them any funny ideas, and both of them were gassed out yesterday, so a massive shame they both have home games this week, or else I would ahve fancies Sunderland/Stoke to take points off them.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I think Monk playing almost full strength team Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:27 am

we'll beat Tottenham

Even Pep's Munich will won't be so confident about Anfield these days.  :wub: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Aguero comes back very soon, if not next week the week after.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:52 am

February Fixtures (all competitions)

Arsenal: Palace (2-0), Liverpool (1-5), United (0-0), Liverpool (2-1), Munich (0-2), Sunderland (4-1)
Manchester: Chelsea (0-1), Norwich (0-0), Sunderland (P), Chelsea (2-0), Barcelona (0-2), Stoke (1-0)
Chelsea: City (1-0), Newcastle (3-0), WBA (1-1), City (0-2), Everton (1-0), Galatasaray (CL/A)
Liverpool: WBA (1-1), Arsenal (5-1), Fulham (3-2), Arsenal (1-2), Swansea (4-3)
Tottenham: Hull (1-1), Everton (1-0), Newcastle (4-0), Dnipro (0-1), Norwich (0-1), Dnipro (EL/H)
Everton: Villa (2-1), Spurs (0-1), Palace (P), Swansea (3-1), Chelsea (0-1)
United: Stoke (1-2), Fulham (2-2), Arsenal (0-0), Palace (0-2), Olympiacos (CL/A)
Newcastle: Sunderland (0-3), Chelsea (0-3), Spurs (0-4), Villa (1-0)

Last edited by iftikhar on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 am

MARCH IS HUGE! for us. Biggest month of the season.

City: have a BUSY schedule with games in the CL, FA cup, PL and the League cup final. They have SEVEN GAMES in March. In the league, they have to face United AND Arsenal away in consecutive games.

Arsenal: have one CL game and MASSIVE MASSIVE games in the PL. They have to vs both Spurs and Chelsea AWAY and then Manchester City next ALL in consecutive games. After that (going into April) they face EVERTON AWAY in the next game too. Very Happy

Chelsea:
6 games (1 CL, 5 PL) this month. Have to face both Arsenal and Spurs at home. They probably have the 'easiest' schedule out of the rival teams.

Liverpool:
We have United away, Spurs at home. Beat both of them and we're pretty much guaranteed CL football next season. March challenges us too. We've been meh on the road all season. We have THREE AWAY games, and one home as the game against S'land is postponed. Cardiff and Soton won't be easy games.

Like I said, March is HUGE to us. If we can get atleast 10 points out of that 12, I think we're back in the title challenge (assuming we beat Swansea City tonight...)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

So, Tottenham playing s*** and losing to Norwich is great news for us. A six point gap to them, 5th, now! A six point gap....
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Anyone know which teams are we likely to get in CL play off (if we finish 4th) as we are 30th in the UEFA co - efficients.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Anyone know which teams are we likely to get in CL play off (if we finish 4th) as we are 30th in the UEFA co - efficients.

That's rather difficult even to speculate at this point. We will be in the non-champion play-off and very likely to draw some awful opponent. I mean Leverkusen/Dortmund/Schalke/Wolfsburg, Napoli/Fiorentina, Bilbao/Villarreal/Sociedad anything is possible.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm

If we don't win the league, I hope it's Chelsea or city. arsenal fan base is insufferable (just cringing at their forum reactions to our lately close victories in right games and their twitter gurus embarrassing themselves all the time). Anyone but Arsenal. My head absolutely went reading the drivel about us in their forums. Half of th actually WANT Spurs to finish in CL at our expense, that's how rattled they are.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm

iftikhar wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Anyone know which teams are we likely to get in CL play off (if we finish 4th) as we are 30th in the UEFA co - efficients.

That's rather difficult even to speculate at this point. We will be in the non-champion play-off and very likely to draw some awful opponent. I mean Leverkusen/Dortmund/Schalke/Wolfsburg, Napoli/Fiorentina, Bilbao/Villarreal/Sociedad anything is possible.
I hope we somehow manage to finish anything better than fourth.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:If we don't win the league, I hope it's Chelsea or city. arsenal fan base is insufferable (just cringing at their forum reactions to our lately close victories in right games and their twitter gurus embarrassing themselves all the time). Anyone but Arsenal. My head absolutely went reading the drivel about us in their forums. Half of th actually WANT Spurs to finish in CL at our expense, that's how rattled they are.

You don't have to worry, we're winning the league :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:If we don't win the league, I hope it's Chelsea or city. arsenal fan base is insufferable (just cringing at their forum reactions to our lately close victories in right games and their twitter gurus embarrassing themselves all the time). Anyone but Arsenal. My head absolutely went reading the drivel about us in their forums. Half of th actually WANT Spurs to finish in CL at our expense, that's how rattled they are.
Same thing man. Never liked really Arsenal because of their cringe-worthy fan base. Consider themselves as second coming of prime Barcelona whenever they're on form. Laughing Not just limited to internet ranters; their fan base in general disgusts me. Booing their own players at Emirates.. wow. Obviously some fans are good but most of them piss me off.

Don't want City to win either (and they won't), because I dislike Lollegrini.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:34 am

I hate Chelsea the most. I just can't stand anything to do with them, and now that c*nt Mou is there Mad

As I said from the beginning of the season, I'd rather see City win it if we don't win it obviously

I don't have anything against Arsenal and wouldn't fret if they won it but they are close in league titles to us so I hope they don't.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next