Arquitecto
billionmillion
The Madrid One
Albiceleste
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who is the best Striker in the world

Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 20 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 18 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 64

Best Striker in the World - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Striker in the World

Post by CroInter Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Eto'o had 14 assists last season..

If you sum up the assists of the last three seasons of both these players,Ibra has 30 whilst Eto'o has had 27..Not by a substantial margin i know but just saying..

And you as an inter fan surely must be aware of Ibra's ability in set pieces..

Still remember his long range fk against Fiorentina 3 seasons ago and Scored a scorcher of a free kick whilst at Barca too..

Cro you cant deny it mate..Ibra's free kick ability is much better than Eto'os..There's more of a possibility of Ibra scoring a fk goal than Eto'o..

When was the last time Ibra scored a FK?

Here is Etoos last one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cGei2iCgNE

And im pretty sure i read Etoo had 22 asissts last season scratch

CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Eto'o has won more and consistently played better than this whole list combined. He's a living legend.

Barcelona would be shit my pants scary if he were still playing there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 pm

I've got to admit, I'm surprised Ibra is winning. Eto'o should be winning this.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:45 pm

I think Amauri is the best striker in the world. No, seriously, its Abate.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Rooney and Eto'o.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 am

LOL at Crointer.

Considering Eto played 54 games and Ibra 39, I don't see how Ibra could have matched up with Eto if he did not receive his cards and amount of bench starts.

Guess you also did not hear how Ibra was burnout for more then half a season?

Skillwise? Eto only has pace and finishing compared to Ibra as Ibra is far more complete then Eto as his playmaking, passing, and effectiveness in all other areas surpasses Eto who doesn't bring much else to his team.

Head to head? Ibra and Eto have faced off twice and Ibra won it both times.

Not to consider Ibra had to have service of pure long balls for more then half a season with 3 DMs in the mid while Inter had a far more creative midfield compared to Milan.

Eto had a better season, but Ibra is not far off as in many aspects he beats Eto.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 am

Arquitecto wrote:LOL at Crointer.

Considering Eto played 54 games and Ibra 39, I don't see how Ibra could have matched up with Eto if he did not receive his cards and amount of bench starts.

Skillwise? Eto only has pace and finishing compared to Ibra as Ibra is far more complete then Eto as his playmaking, passing, and effectiveness in all other areas surpasses Eto who doesn't bring much else to his team.

Not to consider Ibra had to have service of pure long balls for more then half a season with 3 DMs in the mid while Inter had a far more creative midfield compared to Milan.

Eto had a better season, but Ibra is not far off as in many aspects he beats Eto.

Etoo played 53 games and scored 37 goals = 0.7 per game
Ibra played 40 games and scored 21 goal=0.53 per game

How ever you turn it around Etoo wins. Not to mention he had more assists. I guess Ibra brings more to team but it isnt goals or assists, guess its then the "spirit" he brings to dressing room :coffee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlkct57uFn0

I see its Etos fault Ibra is retard who cant hold his temper so he got bans, and you say he was burnout? Yes that's really a great argument to pull in player vs player, and ofc its again Etos fault Ibra cant play more then 30 games without getting "burn out", even with shitload of games he had to be in the stands he still got burned out, amazing player this Ibra is.

"Not to consider Ibra had to have service of pure long balls for more then half a season with 3 DMs in the mid while Inter had a far more creative midfield compared to Milan."
He had most creative midfield today in Barca, and we know how that ended, dont we?

"Head to head? Ibra and Eto have faced off twice and Ibra won it both times." This is most amazing argument ever.

"LOL at Crointer" Are you ten years old?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 am

CroInter wrote:

How ever you turn it around Etoo wins. Not to mention he had more assists. I guess Ibra brings more to team but it isnt goals or assists, guess its then the "spirit" he brings to dressing room :coffee:

I see its Etos fault Ibra is retard who cant hold his temper so he got bans, and you say he was burnout? Yes that's really a great argument to pull in player vs player, and ofc its again Etos fault Ibra cant play more then 30 games without getting "burn out", even with shitload of games he had to be in the stands he still got burned out, amazing player this Ibra is.

"Not to consider Ibra had to have service of pure long balls for more then half a season with 3 DMs in the mid while Inter had a far more creative midfield compared to Milan."
He had most creative midfield today in Barca, and we know how that ended, dont we?

"Head to head? Ibra and Eto have faced off twice and Ibra won it both times." This is most amazing argument ever.

The stats posted on goals per game is useless as Ibra's performance cannot be determined considering Eto simply played more games.

More assists? I guess Since Di Maria scored more assists over Xavi and Cazorla last season, he is more of a creative player.

Ibra scored more assists in the Serie A then Eto as the latter has gathered more in all competitions based on his European apps in which he has played 12 and Ibra 7.

Cro, you must admit that Ibra simply is more effective in the creativity for his teammates as its not hard to notice his superb creativity and playmaking for the mid and the ones in the box while Eto is more of a pure goal scorer and does not undertake that task. Ibra had been given that role by Max Allegri to not only score goals but create within the box and drop deep as he had a much larger burden on him to multitask.

Once again, I was not comparing tempers as I simply pointed out the reason Ibra missed games as his lost games are an anomaly as god knows what he would've scored there.

Burnout? Did you not watch Milan's games? Ibra the whole season was required to be the presence as mentioned above, but also back track and undertake the burden of compensating for our age old and un creative midfield as the he had to work far harder then Eto who once again, had a specified role while Ibra had much more required from him. This has to be seen and cannot be judged on paper. Ask all the Milan fans (the level-headed ones). Remember the first Milan derby (Benitez), how Ibra had to undertake the whole game and preserve the lead by flanking Inter and holding the ball up forward to the point of exhaustion. Simply put, Allegri's system is one where the whole team is required to track back as their work rate is huge. Ibra's work rate the whole season was simply far more then Eto as Max's mistake was playing Ibra when he clearly needed the rest as this resulted in the burnout. Calculate the rest as Eto season was only better due to him getting more chances. Keep in mind this was Ibra's first season in Milan.

I'm surprised on your opinion on his Barca tenure as I thought you would have known the circumstances:

1. Ibra had never suited the Barca system as Barca require players with sharp mobility and constant movement as Ibra simply does not have that. Even then he was brilliant at many times as his teammates agreed profusely.

2. 21 goals and 10 assists in 41 apps in a new team with a new system with a manager who inexplicably benched him for Bojan for most of the 2nd half of the season. Real flop isn't it?

3. Big game flop? Give me a break. Winning Barca the Supercup. Goal scoring win against Real. Brace against Arsenal along with many other matches in which he came through to augment the success of his team with his crucial goal against Stuttgart on which Barca would have been eliminated if not for that goal. Do I even have to mention the amount of big games Ibra has scored for Milan? This myth is long gone and put to bed as even his goal against tottenham was disallowed for a small nudge against the frail dawson.

4. Many Barca fans still regret his loss and consider his debut season a solid success despite his price tag as some simply are biased towards him due to his not to kind words towards Pep.

Head to head? Its not really a debate winning point yet it shows who has been more crucial in the Milan derbies.

Point is, Eto had a better season, yet that does NOT mean he is the better player.

Ten years old? I don't add a coffee guy after every post.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:46 am

In my opinion it has to be Robin van Persie.

If he was only not made of glass... Sad
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:32 am

Watch out for Aguero this season.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 am

I said Eto'o because he has never been considered a flop anywhere.... Even though I don't think he did, a lot of people think Ibra flopped at Barca.... It's a toss up though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:I said Eto'o because he has never been considered a flop anywhere.... Even though I don't think he did, a lot of people think Ibra flopped at Barca.... It's a toss up though
Good point, people around here give certain Barca players flak for "not being able to do it anywhere else" but when Ibra flops in the spanish league, he's still the best striker in the world, oh the hypocrisy. Laughing Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:14 am

No Drogba no Party.

Off that list, Eto'o.

drogba is still top 5 for me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
CroInter wrote:

The stats posted on goals per game is useless as Ibra's performance cannot be determined considering Eto simply played more games.

More assists? I guess Since Di Maria scored more assists over Xavi and Cazorla last season, he is more of a creative player.

Ibra scored more assists in the Serie A then Eto as the latter has gathered more in all competitions based on his European apps in which he has played 12 and Ibra 7.

Cro, you must admit that Ibra simply is more effective in the creativity for his teammates as its not hard to notice his superb creativity and playmaking for the mid and the ones in the box while Eto is more of a pure goal scorer and does not undertake that task. Ibra had been given that role by Max Allegri to not only score goals but create within the box and drop deep as he had a much larger burden on him to multitask.

Once again, I was not comparing tempers as I simply pointed out the reason Ibra missed games as his lost games are an anomaly as god knows what he would've scored there.

Burnout? Did you not watch Milan's games? Ibra the whole season was required to be the presence as mentioned above, but also back track and undertake the burden of compensating for our age old and un creative midfield as the he had to work far harder then Eto who once again, had a specified role while Ibra had much more required from him. This has to be seen and cannot be judged on paper. Ask all the Milan fans (the level-headed ones). Remember the first Milan derby (Benitez), how Ibra had to undertake the whole game and preserve the lead by flanking Inter and holding the ball up forward to the point of exhaustion. Simply put, Allegri's system is one where the whole team is required to track back as their work rate is huge. Ibra's work rate the whole season was simply far more then Eto as Max's mistake was playing Ibra when he clearly needed the rest as this resulted in the burnout. Calculate the rest as Eto season was only better due to him getting more chances. Keep in mind this was Ibra's first season in Milan.

I'm surprised on your opinion on his Barca tenure as I thought you would have known the circumstances:

1. Ibra had never suited the Barca system as Barca require players with sharp mobility and constant movement as Ibra simply does not have that. Even then he was brilliant at many times as his teammates agreed profusely.

2. 21 goals and 10 assists in 41 apps in a new team with a new system with a manager who inexplicably benched him for Bojan for most of the 2nd half of the season. Real flop isn't it?

3. Big game flop? Give me a break. Winning Barca the Supercup. Goal scoring win against Real. Brace against Arsenal along with many other matches in which he came through to augment the success of his team with his crucial goal against Stuttgart on which Barca would have been eliminated if not for that goal. Do I even have to mention the amount of big games Ibra has scored for Milan? This myth is long gone and put to bed as even his goal against tottenham was disallowed for a small nudge against the frail dawson.

4. Many Barca fans still regret his loss and consider his debut season a solid success despite his price tag as some simply are biased towards him due to his not to kind words towards Pep.

Head to head? Its not really a debate winning point yet it shows who has been more crucial in the Milan derbies.

Point is, Eto had a better season, yet that does NOT mean he is the better player.

Ten years old? I don't add a coffee guy after every post.

"The stats posted on goals per game is useless as Ibra's performance cannot be determined considering Eto simply played more games."

Are you serious? Ibra played 40 games he didnt play 5-10, he played 40 games and we can absolutely compare goals per games.

Etoo scored 0.7 goals per game
Ibra scored 0.53 goals per game

Simple as that. You dont get math behind it?

Everything else is based on ur opinion, and its too hot now here to argue with ppls opinions.

"Ten years old? I don't add a coffee guy after every post."
Whats wrong with coffee guy, completely different from starting a post with "LOL at <insert who im speaking with>"
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Podolski.

That being said: Klose.

Of the choices here: Eto'o.
By a country mile.
Followed by Villa, Gomez and Ibrahimovic (in no particular order).

(That Klose thing might not be true, it'd be nice though.

Okay, it's Eto'o.
Damn you.)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 am

Voted for Eto'o, but not very convinced. Anyway, my second favourite would be by no means Ibrahimovic. I'm surprised he has so many votes. I think Rooney, Aguero and Villa are slightly abvoe Ibra.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am

Eto'o or Villa.

Rooney and Aguero are more second strikers, while RvP would be winning this shit if he wasn't injured. Same could be said for Torres, but he left me. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

Eto'o followed by RVP for me
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:32 am

If I had to build a team today, I would take Edison Cavani in a heartbeat over anyone on that list. 24 years old and not even reached his peak yet and already won the top scorer in Serie A last year (well he should have if he didn't get that 2 match ban at the end).

Ibra is the best on that list in terms of pure talent, Eto'o has the most hardware and goals, but Cavani for me would be the player I would build my team around today...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 am

Either Eto'o or villa, I am not very sure. They are both losing momentum though.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by football_genius Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 am

ibra wtf? he flops during big matches. if he changes that i'd consider him. but this past season it's been eto'o. but if he moves to anzhi he won't be.

football_genius
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:50 am

WHERE is benzema in that list
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:17 am

Ibra and Eto'o

cookie
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 am

Messi, fix your avatar. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Why is RVP even close to being on this list? He had 1 good season, his best season excluding the last one was 11 league goals. I don't see how he gets in for having one good season but Torres and Drogba who do very well most of the time get left out after 1 bad season.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Ibra winning? Haha, how does Falcao have no votes, he was exceptional last season. Forgive me if i'm wrong but a strikers role is to score goals ye? Falcao scored 39 last season and Ibra 14? Ibra did play less games but the ratio is still much in Falcao's favour. Ibra has much more to his game but in terms of simply putting the ball in the back of the net, I think Falcao would be ahead, if he had the ability to fashion chances himself he'd be unstoppable.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next