Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world?

+6
I-no
Eivindo
S
justdoit_
Sushi Master
juventus101
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world? Empty Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world?

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Ihonestly think he might be among the top 5 dribblers in the world. He may not becomplete as some players such as Goetze or Ozil, but his dribbling is insane. The only ones who have close control better than him in my opinion are Messi, Robben, and possibly Iniesta and Silva. Cant think of anyone else with better close control than him. Where do you guys place Marin among the worlds best dribblers?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world? Empty Re: Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 pm

He's a very good dribbler but he needs to complete his overall game more to really shine. Also, he has the body of a 9 year old.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world? Empty Re: Marko Marin....top 5 dribblers in the world?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Marko Marin = Giovinco

Both are equal in Ability and Size :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:10 pm

I don't know how well he stacks up with the best but without question he's very gifted with the ball at his feet, unfortunate, though, that he's such an average player otherwise.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Yea thats why isaid hes not as complete as, say, Gotze or Ozil, but his dribbling ability is insane.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:12 pm

sciacca wrote:Marko Marin = Giovinco

Marko Marin is more of a winger..

Giovinco is more of a trequartista..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Giovinco can do both... and no, Giovinco is more of a Support Striker.

Ciro Ferrara:

Camo---Diego----Giovinco

Parma:

-----Giovinco------
-------------Amauri-----------

Giovinco can play: LW, SS, AM

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Giovinco has the skills of a trequartista..He relies more on creativity and passing..

And Marin is typical winger..Uses pace and dribbling skills to get past opponents..

Fair to say that giovinco is more effective as an AM or SS than a winger..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Giovinco has the skills of a trequartista..He relies more on creativity and passing..

And Marin is typical winger..Uses pace and dribbling skills to get past opponents..
This.

Giovinco has much better passing and creativity than Marin.

Marin is all dribbling, cutting in and shooting.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Marko Marin has those technical abilities like free kicks and passing?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Giovinco has the skills of a trequartista..He relies more on creativity and passing..

Fair to say that giovinco is more effective as an AM or SS than a winger..

Agreed, however my point is, Giovinco can be a great Winger as well. The problem with Giovinco as a trequartista is his size and he will need to track back which he can do, however with his size, he will not be able to support the midfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Eivindo wrote:

Marko Marin has those technical abilities like free kicks and passing?

Who else can you compare Marin with? :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 pm

child abuse , lol
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:27 pm

juventus101 wrote:The only ones who have close control better than him in my opinion are Messi, Robben, and possibly Iniesta and Silva. Cant think of anyone else with better close control than him. Where do you guys place Marin among the worlds best dribblers?

I agree Marin's a very good dribbler , but I'd place Nasri above him .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Nasri has meh acceleration, though. Marin's frakking fast. Course, Nasri has some sort of body strength.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Nasri has meh acceleration, though. Marin's frakking fast. Course, Nasri has some sort of body strength.

Just like Giovinco :coffee:

More comparisons...

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Marin is quite brilliant in one on one situations..

I remember an amazing dribble by him when he was at borussia but unfortunately i dont have the video..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:45 pm

As you can see in this video Surag, He plays both the TQ and winger positions. Dribbling, Skill and Agility.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:51 pm

I remember watching this match..

And if see the video there are some quite exquisite first touches there and not to forget that magnificent backheel assist..

I am not denying the fact that he cant play on the flanks but he is more effective when playing behind the striker..Thats his natural position imo..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

I agree and it is, but I feel he can do his best at all those positions. In which why I compare him to Marin as they both are small, and have almost the same abilities

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:59 pm

sciacca wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Nasri has meh acceleration, though. Marin's frakking fast. Course, Nasri has some sort of body strength.

Just like Giovinco :coffee:

More comparisons...
I actually rate Giovinco higher than most of these guys.

But since he's only half Juve now everyone hates him :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 pm

And I don't understand where the hate comes from :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:29 pm

sciacca wrote:I agree and it is, but I feel he can do his best at all those positions. In which why I compare him to Marin as they both are small, and have almost the same abilities

They dont almost have the same abilities..Marin is simply a better dribbler than Giovinco..

But obviously gio is a better passer than marin..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Have not read the thread, dont need to.....

Marin is the German Giovinco, considered the saviour of his country growing up but never lived up to the hype.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
sciacca wrote:I agree and it is, but I feel he can do his best at all those positions. In which why I compare him to Marin as they both are small, and have almost the same abilities

They dont almost have the same abilities..Marin is simply a better dribbler than Giovinco..

But obviously gio is a better passer than marin..

Yes without a doubt Marin is a better Dribbler, however Giovinvo dribbles as well and is considered one of the best Italians to do it up to date, so in comparison they both can dribble in which they do have the same abilities. But dribbling is only one factor, there are many others. Maybe abilities is the wrong term, let's say characteristics instead.

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Have not read the thread, dont need to.....

Marin is the German Giovinco, considered the saviour of his country growing up but never lived up to the hype.

And once again Mole, thanks for pointing that out, that is why I compare Marin to Giovinco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next